The Wilted Rose

By Zach42799

Y/N Rose was the son of Qrow Branwen and Summer Rose, and the oldest child of the Rose family. Due to Qrows'... More

Character Bio
Prologue: Beyond Repair
Chapter 1: One tiny problem
Chapter 2: Forehand or Backhand?
Chapter 3: Not without a fight
Chapter 4: Revival
Chapter 5: Initiation
# FUCKIN 3!!!
Chapter 6: Lonesome Road
Roy Winchester/Arsenal Bio
Chapter 7: Indebted
Chapter 8: Welcome to Mantle
Chapter 9: Uncovered
Chapter 10: The Rescue
Chapter 11: Outlaws At Last
Chapter 12: Tremors
Chapter 13: Trust
Chapter 14: Sticks And Stones
1K! Thank You Guys
Chapter 15: The Foundry
Chapter 16: Premonitions
Chapter 17: Death
Chapter 18: Rebirth
Chapter 19: Too Far Gone (Vol.0 Finale)
Chapter 20: Train Ride (Vol. 1 Prologue)
Chapter 21: Sisters
Chapter 22: The Lucky Ones
Chapter 23: Ghost
Chapter 24: Quiet Night
Chapter 25: Protector
Chapter 26: Calm...
Chapter 27: ...Before The Storm
Chapter 28: Lifeline
Chapter 29: Who I Am (Vol. 1 Finale)
Chapter 30: Costly Mistakes (Vol. 1.5 Prologue)
Chapter 31: Critical Care
5K reads!!!
Chapter 32: Testing
Chapter 33: Your Greatest Failure
Chapter 34: Guess Who's Back
Chapter 35: Progress
Chapter 36: Fix Me
Chapter 37: A Silver Bullet
Chapter 38: Should've Known Better
Chapter 39: The Road To Hell Is Paved In Good Intentions....
Chapter 40: Closeness
Chapter 41: Back In School
Next Red Hood Outfit Vote/Closed
Chapter 42: The Much Needed Talk
Chapter 43: The Company We Keep
Chapter 44: Prophecies (Vol. 1.5 finale)
Chapter 45: The Bookstore (Vol. 2 Prologue)
Chapter 46: You Atlesian Joker
Thank you Wattapad....
Chapter 47: Keep It Simple
Chapter 48: What's the plan?
Chapter 49: Fatherly Love
Chapter 50: Something I Cant Let Go Of
Chapter 51: I Hate When I'm Right....
Chapter 52: Takedown
Chapter 53: Goodnight Princess
Chapter 54: Too Much To Lose....
Chapter 55: Between Wants And Needs
Chapter 56: Concept Of Subtilty
Chapter 57: End Of The Line
Chapter 58: Nothing I Wont Do
Chapter 59: You Have Achieved Nothing
Chapter 60: Three Simple Words (Vol. 2 Finale)
Bonus Chapter: Your Scars Are Beautiful *Lemon*
Chapter 62: Round One
Chapter 63: I've Got Nothing For You
Chapter 64: Round Two
Chapter 65: We're Talking Aren't We?
Chapter 66: The Vault
Chapter 67: Breaking Point
Important Notice/updated
Chapter 68: Firing Squad
Chapter 69: Nightmare
Chapter 70: Better Tomorrow
Important Notice Pt. 2
Chapter 71: The Easy Part
Chapter 72: Do Or Die
Chapter 73: Failure
Chapter 74: Two Options
Chapter 75: Bad Joke
Chapter 76: House Of Cards
Chapter 77: Bid Farewell
Chapter 78: Everything That Came Before
Chapter 79: Recovery
Chapter 80: Someone's Got To Stay (Book 1 Finale)
Book 2 is out now!

Chapter 61: Demon (Vol. 3 Prologue)

424 15 28
By Zach42799

Vale

1:14 PM

77 Hours to the Fall

Y/n Pov

I walked through the city aimlessly. I didn't have anything to do on account of having hauled ass away after Ozpin remembered the whole Performance thing. I never did it.... And he made sure that I was going to give it to him. He put me in the fucking tournament. I'm slated to be apart of "extra matchs", completely separate from the main bouts.

I was not happy about this because its being broadcast across Remnant. That was notoriety that I didn't need. When I brought that up, Ozpin replied with, and I quote "You wear a mask and have been listed as dead for the last ten years. No one is going to make that connection." Now that may be a sound argument, but at the same time, it's not impossible for it to happen. 

I think this is just Ozpins way of fucking with me. He has done this type of stuff before, my initiation being a prime example. Whatever the case, I stormed off campus. The last five months have been quiet. Too quiet. No White Fang. No Cinder, though I think after I put Mercury in the hospital with a broken nose and cheekbone, that one being a happy accident from our sparring match, they've gotten the message that I was willing at anytime and anywhere. 

With nowhere I really needed to be, I headed to Juniors. He's closed at this time but I'm sure he'd be fine letting me hang around for a bit. I wanted to check up on Neo anyway. She's been depressed ever since Torchwick was caught. I still haven't been able to find out where he's being held. I attempted to hack in but that ended when I got caught and received a visit from Ironwood at three in the morning. Fun time, that was.

The best I could figure was that he was in one of the ships that have been parked just outside of Vale. Which one would be a guessing game and I didn't like my odds of guessing correctly. Until I got something concrete, Torchwick was stuck and there was nothing I could do. Walking down the alley to get to the back door of Juniors bar, I turned the corner and found Neo sitting alone just outside the door. 

I didn't need to guess why. It wasn't the first time I've caught her out here like this. I sighed and walked over to her slowly, trying not to startle her before sitting down beside her. Neo barely spared me a glance. We sat there for a few minutes, neither of us speaking, or in Neos case, writing or signing. 

Five minutes passed. Then ten before Neo slowly reached for her scroll. She started to type something out before deleting it and trying again. I waited patiently for her to find her words. Seeing Neo like this was upsetting, especially since she's been like this for months. Torchwicks imprisonment has been a strain on her. With Torchwick gone, she had to resort to petty crimes to survive, at least until Junior told me and I started giving her twenty-five percent of what I was getting from Junior. 

Anything to try and keep her out of Torchwicks position because Atlas wouldn't think twice about taking her to the brave cave. For anyone who doesn't know, it's a room that the police use to beat the shit out of witnesses for crimes they don't want getting out. It's obviously corrupt under the table kind of stuff. 

When I caught it, I sent everything I could find to Ozpin. Lets just say the police are having a staffing issue now and Vale is out almost three million Lein in settlements after a couple hundred people came forward. Funny how after all this time, I didn't need to even wire tap the police to find out what they were doing that made them so much money. 

The biggest suspect turned out to be the deputy chief of police, who just so happened to be a Councilmans son. That Councilman was paying internal investigations and the chief bribes to keep his son out of prison. After getting caught, the Councilor was very quick to try and cover it up. If I didn't have a target on my back before, I certainly did now because they know where the information came from.

Neo finally found the words she wanted and showed me the scroll. 

Neo: 'Still no luck with Roman?'

Y/n: No.... I've just tried hacking Atlas systems just a few nights ago.

Neo: 'You cant hack...'

Y/n: That's why I was caught....

Neo leaned her head back. It was frustrating but it had to have been triply so for her. She and Torchwick were inseparable and then this happened. I couldn't help but feel like it was my fault. If I had broke away from the fighting to find them earlier, then maybe I could have found Roman before Ironwood stumbled onto him. 

Neo stood up and stormed through the door. I sat for a moment longer before sighing and standing up. I entered the club, walking through the connecting door to the dance floor. Junior, Melanie and Miltia were gathered around the bar. Junior washing a glass while the twins watched the TV in the corner. I took a seat next to them. It's been a while since I've seen them.

Y/n: Hey ladies. 

Miltia: Hoody!

Melania: About time you came to visit. We missed you~

Need to shut that down real quick....

Y/n: Um, I'm spoken for! Before you start that. 

Melania: Aww, that's no fun...

Junior: So what brings you here.

Y/n: Just needed to get away. Beacon bullshit. 

Junior: Right... I saw Neo storm in. Still no luck?

Y/n: Nope.... 

Miltia: You'll figure it out.

Melania: You always do. 

As if on que, Neo came to the bar. Sitting a little bit away from us. I sighed again and Junior set the glass he was cleaning down before reaching for the whiskey. It's been a while since I've had a drink. Slowed down on the smoking too. Junior filled the glass nudged it my way. I put a few Lein on the counter and took my drink. 

Junior: Well, I suppose that it's a good thing that you came in. I'm calling in that favor. 

Y/n: ....What you got?

Junior: We've been working together for months and in all that time, I haven't found anything about Y/n Todd. Then there's Blondie. You spend a lot of time with her. She your girl?

Y/n: She's my sister.

They all snapped their heads to me when I said that. It probably made things clearer for them. How I helped her fend off his men. How I told her to use my name. How she was with me when we were getting Ruby back. He knew that Ruby was Yangs sister, so they probably caught that too. 

Miltia/Melania: That's your sister!?

Junior: That makes way too much sense....

Y/n: I resent that.

Junior: It's not a insult. It's just that explains why she has been around when your around like this. 

Miltia: That means that your related to the other girl too. She's got a fashion sense. 

Melania: Not everyone likes red and black Miltia. 

I chuckled as I took a sip. Yeah, only Miltia, Ruby and I knew that red and black was where it was at. 

Junior: What about you though? Your name isn't actually Y/n Todd if your related to Blondie, is it?

Y/n: Maybe, maybe not. 

Melania: Come on! Tell us!

Miltia: Yeah! We're curious!

I glanced at Neo and saw that she was paying attention to what was being said. I wish she would actually participate in the conversation but she clearly doesn't want to. Now, while I did trust them, Junior is a information broker. I can't reasonably tell him that information. However, he did know my alias well before asking. He hasn't sold me out on that front so he would keep it quiet, right? 

There's so many people who know about me already. What does it matter if it gets out anyway? Everyone I care about can take care of themselves. Plus, with Ironwood knowing, I figure that it's only a matter of time before he outs me anyway. The first chance he gets, he's going to scream from his ivory tower in Atlas that Y/n Rose is in fact the Red Hood. 

Thinking about it like that, I don't care who knows anymore. It won't change anything. Especially with the civilian support I have behind me. I took another sip of my whiskey and set the glass down. 

Y/n: Y/n Rose. 

Junior: Holy hell.... I remember you.... Your the kid that died in that house fire ten years back.... 

Y/n: *Scoff* It wasn't the fire that killed me.

Miltia: What?

Y/n: Nothing. But you know, that saves me time in telling you about it. I got out and I learned how to survive. After a while, I picked up the mask and started this. 

Melania: What about the guy who was helping you in Atlas?

Y/n: ....He was like a brother to me. But you all know how that turned out. After that, I started carving my way through every Kingdoms underworld before coming here. You know the rest. We're square on that favor. 

Junior: Yeah, we're square.... Sorry for asking.

Y/n: Don't be. it's ten years done, and it's not like things haven't worked themselves out. 

I knew I was getting a little too optimistic on that front. That being said, it's not like it wasn't true. Who knows, maybe I really have found my home again. With my sisters, my friends, and the girl of my dreams all helping me this past year, maybe I still have a shot. Prophecies or not. 

Maltia: So are you going to participate in the tournament?

Y/n: Ozpins forcing me into it, so yeah. It's going to be separate from the main tournament but I'll be participating. 

Melania: We'll be rooting for you!

Maltia: Make sure you win so we can celebrate. Oh, and bring the girl who stole you! 

....I didn't want to tell them that I was already set on Weiss well before I met them but it was looking like that was going to be what needed to happen. Meh, I'll do it when we get together after the tournament. Better to get everyone together once it's over. That is provided our little group wins.... 

Y/n: Alright! Alright! I'll get everyone together and we'll come here for a after party. Get Junior some business for once!

Junior: Hey!

Melania and Miltia started laughing while Neo was sitting their with a half smile. I was glad to have at least gotten that out of her. I wasn't happy about Torchwick being locked up for the past five months but maybe I can figure something out or maybe Ozpin will have a breakthrough. After telling him that I was working with him, Ozpin was more than willing to try and negotiate. 

Ironwood has been stonewalling Ozpin for months now. I doubt he can keep it up forever but he can certainly try. My scroll started to ring. Checking who was calling before picking up, I saw that it was Weiss. I wasted no time answering. 

Weiss: Where are you? You disappeared after you were called to Ozpins office.

Y/n: I'm out in town. Needed to get away after Ozpin decided that I would be in the tournament. 

Weiss: Doesn't that take a lot of paperwork and approval?

Y/n: Probably but this is Ozpin. Who's going to say no to him?

Weiss: You.

Y/n: ....Well you got me there but it's fine. Look, I was about to head back when you called, I'll see you in a bit.

Weiss: Ok. Come by our room when you get back. 

Y/n: Alright. See you then. Love you.

Weiss: Love you too. 

I hung up the scroll, knowing I had a dumb smile on my face. Weiss and I did start sharing my room. She didn't stay in there all the time but she did move things like pajamas in. Just in case she did stay the night. 

I looked around and saw Junior, Neo, Melania and Miltia looking at me. The looks on their faces said it all. I was about to be teased out of this building. I didn't mind that though. I was very aware that I've softened. Even started handing over my targets to the Huntsmen more often, but don't mistake that for weakness. 

Over the months, many have tested me. To keep it brief, I passed every time. My willingness to play nice with the Huntsmen is fragile and they know it. They also know that I wont hesitate to fight either. It's a rather delicate balance that we have at the moment. 

I stood up, ignoring the three that could actually tease me. I was adverse to the tournament at first but maybe it wont be a bad thing. I walked back out the back door, and made my way down the alley and onto the sidewalk. Yang and I need to get together and finish working on my bike. I shook the excess thoughts from my mind. The only thoughts remaining was of Weiss. 

3rd Person Pov

??:??

??? to the fall

A group of cloaked individuals walked down a carved cave system. Between them was the wrapped body of the subject of the days revival. Having been ordered by the head of the League. It's rare for him to get involved but after two failures from his daughter, he felt it prudent to take direct action. 

The group arrived in the large cavernous room. A large pit of green, murky water that seemed to boil and exude smoke. None of the cloaked figures were aware of what they were about to unleash on the world. They tied the body to three ropes with practiced motions, one rope cradling the head, one for the lower back and a final one for the legs. They have done this hundreds of times before, why would this be any different. 

The Minister approached the pit with his contingent of figures to help subdue the subject. The man of sixty-two years having only seen orders to revive someone outside of the League on one other occasion, that being when he revived the Rose boy that Branwen brought them a decade ago. 

The ritual went was textbook. He signaled for the subject to be lowered and then signaled for the final time to order the figures holding the rope to release, letting the body fall into the pit. The minister had seen the condition of the body. It was decomposed, almost completely bone at that point and missing a large portion of the front of the skull. He would wager that the corpse had been rotting for anywhere between ten to fifteen years. 

He had seen the pit preform miracles but this seemed to be the most extreme case he's ever seen. Even he doubted that the pit could bring the corpse back. One minute passed. Two. Three. Five. The corpse never resurfaced. The minister was not surprised that it had not worked. It was rare for the pit to fail, but this was a case that he predicted easily. 

But then, in a moment that caught everyone completely unawares. The corpse burst from the pit. His muscle and flesh reforming before their eyes. The sickening sight only impounded when the vocal cords grew into the corpses throat. The figures body reconstructed itself. The skin white as snow, as if it was painted. The hair, the same shade of green as from the Lazarus pit. And then the insane, psychotic laugh. 

The corpse revealing itself to be a man of early thirties and completely broken by the pit. His clothes in tatters, looking so rotten and decrepit that the fabric somehow looked a shade of purple. It was the most disturbing thing the Minister had seen in his sixty-two years of life. The man rushed out from the pit in a psychotic frenzy. The cloaked members moving to restrain him so the formula to restore the mind could be administered.

To everyone's amazement, he allowed himself to be restrained. It was unheard of. The only explanation that seemed plausible being that the mans mind was so fractured that the fight of flight response wasn't triggering for him. The Minister gently administered the formula, injecting it into the mans neck. 

The man stopped moving and went limp. Believing the man to have been sedated, as the formula is known to do, they lowered him to the ground. The moment they released him, the man sprung to his feet and leaped onto the Minister. The cloaked members prepared to interfere when a voice rang out.

???: Do not interfere! He is as we intended him to be!

The members looked to see Talia Al'ghul. Her second attempt to get revenge for what happened in Atlas. After her first attempt, she decided there needed to be a more personal touch. Something that would utterly break the Rose boy. After two humiliations, the first being her inability to provide a suitable lamb to take the fall in Atlas, the second being the failed attempt on Y/n life. What better way than to have the man who killed him hunting him?

???: Aww, You heard her boys!~ Hey, lets have a little fun~! What hurts worse~? A or B~?

The man let out a psychotic chuckle that escalated into full manic laughter. The Minister realizing that he just released a monster on this world as his eyes were then gouged from his skull one at a time. The last thing the Minister hearing being the cackle of what he could only describe as a demon....

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

382K 6.5K 25
*WARNING: Story contains torture and mentions sexual violence. Sexual Violence is not encouraged. Reader discretion is advised.* (F/N) Rose was the s...
10.4K 159 27
"I will protect them, no matter what, even if it means burning the entire remnant to the ground, i will protect them, this is a promise" "This is My...
194K 1.5K 31
It was a nice day in vale and a happy family with taiyang,summer rose. Qrow. And raven with there kids ruby rose and yang xiao long,but there was one...
740 29 14
Two children find themselves lost in a dangerous world. They must take care of each other and hope they are never discovered by the forces that have...