Plasmasonic: Mana Gloriae

By DraySpace

When you're the daughter of a vampire and an elf, adventure is non-negotiable. It's certain that regarding th... More

Plasmasonic#1: Forget me not
Plasmasonic#2: Records
Plasmasonic#3: Determinations
Plasmasonic#4: Imbroglio
Plasmasonic#5: Convulsions
Plasmasonic#6: Bestiary
Plasmasonic#7: Rallying
Plasmasonic#9: Siege
Plasmasonic#10: Thole
Plasmasonic#11: Transfigure
Plasmasonic: Mana Gloriae Gallery

Plasmasonic#8: Wild card

140 10 0
By DraySpace

PAGE 1 (SIX PANELS)

Panel 1.
CUT TO: VALLARONA, SPAIN
EXT. THE MORNING GLORY PLANT NURSERY - NIGHT

PALOMA WATERS SOME OF THE FLOWERS IN THE PLANT NURSERY.

Panel 2.

PALOMA HEARS SOMEONE APPROACHING FROM THE REAR.

Panel 3.

PALOMA TURNS TOWARD THE PERSON WITH AN EXPRESSION OF POSITIVE ANTICIPATION.

Panel 4.

PALOMA'S MOOD TURNS SOUR WHEN SHE FINDS BEATRIZ STANDING BEFORE HER.

PALOMA: (BALLOON)
Oh, Beatriz.

BEATRIZ: (BALLOON)
Tending to your flowers?

PALOMA: (BALLOON)
Someone has to. It's... peculiar seeing you here. Might I ask why you've dropped by?

Panel 5.

BEATRIZ LOOKS AT PALOMA WITH A SNARKY EXPRESSION. PALOMA LOOKS AT BEATRIZ WITH A CONFUSED / IRRITATED EXPRESSION.

BEATRIZ: (BALLOON)
What, I can't visit this place? I didn't know it was yours.

PALOMA: (BALLOON)
What is your problem?

BEATRIZ: (BALLOON)
I might ask you the same thing. You can't sit there and act like we have no history.

Panel 6.

PALOMA LOOKS AWAY FROM BEATRIZ WITH A FRUSTRATED AND DISMISSIVE EXPRESSION. BEATRIZ LOOKS AT PALOMA WITH AN IRRITATED EXPRESSION.

PALOMA: (BALLOON)
What's happened between me and you transpired because of your temperament. You're the one who internalized everything and started the fighting.

PAGE 2 (FIVE PANELS)

Panel 1.

BEATRIZ POINTS AT PALOMA WITH A FURIOUS EXPRESSION. PALOMA LOOKS AT BEATRIZ WITH A FED-UP EXPRESSION.

BEATRIZ: (BALLOON)
That's nothing but a lie! You tried to grandstand at the games, tried to make me look bad!

PALOMA: (BALLOON)
I was not! Me displaying my own talents don't downplay yours! Although, it could be said that my talent outshined yours just that much!

Panel 2.

BEATRIZ GROWLS WITH ANGER AT PALOMA.

Panel 3.

PALOMA SCOFFS AND CONTINUES TO WATER HER PLANTS.

PALOMA: (BALLOON)
See there you go about to fly off the handle again. And over what, some light ribbing? You take yourself too seriously.

Panel 4.

BEATRIZ GLARES AT PALOMA WITH AN ANGRY EXPRESSION. PALOMA TRIES TO CONTINUE WATERING THE FLOWERS HOWEVER IT IS CLEAR THAT BEATRIZ IS ANNOYING HER.

BEATRIZ: (BALLOON)
That's because no one else does. Let me ask you something. How much did you train before the games?

PALOMA: (BALLOON)
It's in the past, Beatriz, you—!

BEATRIZ: (BALLOON)
So are lots of things and yet those who feel themselves important dwell on them.

Panel 5.

3/4TH PANEL SHOWS PALOMA TENDING TO A STINT ON A PLANT WITH AN EXASPERATED EXPRESSION.

PALOMA: (BALLOON)
...Maybe I didn't train as much as I should have.  

PAGE 3 (SIX PANELS)

Panel 1.

A HORIZONTAL PANEL SHOWS BEATRIZ WAVING HER HAND IN A SHOWY DISMISSIVE FASHION AT THE NURSERY. PALOMA LOOKS BACK AT BEATRIZ WITH AN INDIGNANT EXPRESSION.

BEATRIZ: (BALLOON)
And yet this is where you reside most of the time while people like me who put in the work are mocked by those who couldn't do so on their best day! You're nothing but a bookworm writhing in the water and the dirt. I'm sure the flowers would leave you if they could, to this point it's more effective to call them hostages.

PALOMA: (BALLOON)
How dare you?!

Panel 2.

BEATRIZ GLARES AT PALOMA WHILE POINTING AT HER CHEST WITH HER THUMB. PALOMA LOOKS AT BEATRIZ WITH A FED-UP EXPRESSION AS SHE SITS HER WATERING CAN ASIDE.

BEATRIZ: (BALLOON)
I dare even more. How could Mirabelle choose you over me?

PALOMA: (BALLOON)
It's because she saw your desperation and it sickened her.

Panel 3.

BEATRIZ LOOKS AT PALOMA WITH A FURIOUS EXPRESSION. PALOMA FANS HER FACE WITH HER HAND WITH A SNARKY EXPRESSION.

BEATRIZ: (BALLOON)
You're the suck-up! At least I'd actually rather display what I have than gravel at Mirabelle's feet. You've done nothing but hold us back, if you weren't around we might have even caught the iconoclast by now.

PALOMA: (BALLOON)
Oh really, and you think it would have been because of you?

Panel 4.

BEATRIZ KNOCKS A FLOWERPOT ONTO THE FLOOR WITH A FURIOUS EXPRESSION. PALOMA LOOKS AT BEATRIZ WITH AN INDIGNANT EXPRESSION.

BEATRIZ: (BALLOON)
At least I've actually fought her. I'm sure that if you were given the chance you'd hide here among your flowers!

Panel 5.

PALOMA LOOKS AWAY FROM BEATRIZ WITH A HAUGHTY AND FRUSTRATED EXPRESSION.

PALOMA: (BALLOON)
...I'm willing to forgive you if you apologize.

Panel 6.

BEATRIZ LOOKS AT PALOMA WITH A SPITEFUL GRIN.

BEATRIZ: (BALLOON)
I'm not asking for your forgiveness. I'm going to do something you never could hope of doing. I'm going to defeat the iconoclast and hand her over to Mirabelle and then you'll have no choice but to take me seriously!

PAGE 4 (FOUR PANELS)

Panel 1.

PALOMA LOOKS BEATRIZ WITH A SHOCKED AND INDIGNANT EXPRESSION.

PALOMA: (BALLOON)
Why you insolent—! I don't know where this newfound confidence has sprang up from but you need to know you're still wildly out of your league.

Panel 2.

PALOMA STANDS UP AND POINTS AT BEATRIZ WITH AN ANGERED EXPRESSION. BEATRIZ CROSSES HER ARMS WITH A SNARKY EXPRESSION.

PALOMA: (BALLOON)
Do you plan to make a fool out of yourself, again? You don't have a chance in hell of beating her!

BEATRIZ: (BALLOON)
At least I know for sure that I have a better chance than some bookworm!

PALOMA: (BALLOON)
You're testing my patience! Apologize!

Panel 3.

BEATRIZ DEPARTS FROM THE GARDEN LEAVING PALOMA FLABBERGASTED.

BEATRIZ: (BALLOON)
No, and I never will!

Panel 4.

PALOMA HUFFS IN ANGER BEFORE BEGINNING TO CLEAN UP THE MESS THAT BEATRIZ MADE.

PALOMA: (BALLOON)
Irksome imp! She will pay for this indecency in one way or another!

PAGE 5 (SIX PANELS)

Panel 1.
CUT TO: VALLARONA, SPAIN
EXT. SPARROWPOINT - NIGHT

TO̅MI, MANUEL, AND THE DOOMCRIERS STAND IN DEFENSE AGAINST CELLIA LACROIX AND THE PARAGONS.

MANUEL: (BALLOON)
So, what's the plan?

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
I'll go after LaCroix. I believe that if she's not that much of a sophist I can get her to see reason. Keep the others busy.

MANUEL: (BALLOON)
Alright, we'll give you time to do your thing.

Panel 2.

OVER-THE-SHOULDER POV FROM TO̅MI'S PERSPECTIVE. CELLIA LACROIX STEPS FORWARD LOOKING AT TO̅MI WITH AN EXASPERATED EXPRESSION.

CELLIA LACROIX: (BALLOON)
Come, child. Do not test my patience any longer.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
I refuse.

Panel 3.

TO̅MI SMIRKS AT CELLIA LACROIX WITH A SPITEFUL EXPRESSION.

CELLIA LACROIX: (BALLOON)
Have it your way.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
I will!

Panel 4.

TO̅MI AND CELLIA LACROIX SPRINT TOWARD EACH OTHER.

Panel 5.

TO̅MI AND CELLIA LACROIX CLASH THEIR WEAPONS AGAINST ONE ANOTHER IN A STRUGGLE.

Panel 6.

OVER-THE-SHOULDER POV FROM THE PARAGON GRUNTS' PERSPECTIVE. THE PARAGON GRUNTS LOOK WITH A HOSTILE EXPRESSION TOWARD THE DOOMCRIERS. THE DOOMCRIERS STAND THEIR GROUND WITH THEIR OWN MAKESHIFT WEAPONS WITH ANGRY EXPRESSIONS.

MANUEL: (BALLOON)
Doomcriers, not a single one of those geezers gets past us!

PARAGON GRUNT NO. 1: (BALLOON)
Who are you calling a geezer, punk?  

PAGE 6 (FIVE PANELS)

Panel 1.

MANUEL AND THE DOOMCRIERS CHARGE AT THE PARAGONS.

Panel 2.

MANUEL HITS PARAGON GRUNT NO. 1 IN THE STOMACH WITH HIS CLUB.

Panel 3.

PARAGON GRUNT NO. 2 ELBOWS DOOMCRIER NO. 1 IN THE FACE.

Panel 4.

DOOMCRIERS NO. 2, NO. 3, AND NO. 4 GANG UP ON PARAGON GRUNT NO. 3 PUNCHING AND BITING HIM.

Panel 5.

THE REST OF THE DOOMCRIERS ENGAGE IN VARIOUS COMBAT FORMS WITH THE PARAGON GRUNTS.

PAGE 7 (SIX PANELS)

Panel 1.
CUT TO: VALLARONA, SPAIN
INT. THE MORNING GLORY DUNGEONS - NIGHT

GABRIELLA LOOKS UP AT THE DOOR AS SHE SEES SOMEONE APPROACHING.

Panel 2.

AS THE DOOR OPENS GABRIELLA GLARES AS SHE REALIZES THAT IT'S DANIELA.

DANIELA: (BALLOON)
Oh, my aren't you scary?

GABRIELLA: (BALLOON)
Wh—What are you doing here?

Panel 3.

DANIELA TALKS WITH HER HANDS IN A FLIPPANT AND SUPERIORITY COMPLEX-DRIVEN MANNER. GABRIELLA LOOKS AT DANIELA WITH A SHOCKED EXPRESSION.

DANIELA: (BALLOON)
I thought you might appreciate a little status update. If LaCroix is at all as capable as she would like to believe herself, you and To̅mi will finally be reunited. Why, I imagine it'll be nice to have a cellmate.

Panel 4.

GABRIELLA LOOKS AWAY WITH AN UNCOMFORTABLE EXPRESSION. DANIELA LOOMS OVER GABRIELLA WITH A SPITEFUL AND SMARMY EXPRESSION.

DANIELA: (BALLOON)
What's the matter? Cat have your tongue? Don't tell me you're at a loss for words. Wouldn't it be so nice to see your hero after all this time again?

GABRIELLA: (BALLOON)
No, I've just decided that I won't give you what you want. Besides, you're crazy if you think that there's any way To̅mi can lose.

Panel 5.

DANIELA GRABS GABRIELLA'S CHEEKS WITH ONE HAND IN AN AGGRESSIVE MANNER. GABRIELLA LOOKS AT DANIELA WITH A WORRIED EXPRESSION.

DANIELA: (BALLOON)
As if you could keep anything I didn't already want from me. Whatever I want, I take.

GABRIELLA: (BALLOON)
R—Release me!

DANIELA: (BALLOON)
Look at little Gabi. Where's all this spunk coming from all of a sudden? If you haven't forgotten, you're the one who boasted about your fancy discoveries. If you'd have kept your mouth shut none of this would be happening.

Panel 6.

DANIELA THROWS GABRIELLA TO THE FLOOR.

DANIELA: (BALLOON)
I'm going to let you in on a little secret Gabriella. We might very well be kindred spirits. I don't like this place either. A town of eternal darkness hidden from those who wronged us.

PAGE 8 (FIVE PANELS)

Panel 1.

GABRIELLA LOOKS AT DANIELA WITH A CONFUSED AND WORRIED EXPRESSION. DANIELA LOOKS AWAY WITH HER ARMS CROSSED AND A DISAPPOINTED EXPRESSION.

GABRIELLA: (BALLOON)
Why are you telling me this?

DANIELA: (BALLOON)
Because To̅mi can't beat Mirabelle. Do you believe that I would be here if I could help it? You sought to help yourself and look where it landed you. We will be stuck here until the end of time.

Panel 2.

GABRIELLA LOOKS AT DANIELA WITH AN ANXIOUS EXPRESSION. DANIELA LOOKS AWAY WITH A DISGUSTED EXPRESSION.

GABRIELLA: (BALLOON)
To̅mi escaped once.

DANIELA: (BALLOON)
And like a fool, she came back.

GABRIELLA: (BALLOON)
You at least know that it's possible. If you really don't like it here, why don't you help us.

DANIELA: (BALLOON)
Oh, no. It's not going to happen. I owe everything to Mirabelle, and it has to be a decision that she makes for herself. Besides, getting on her bad side isn't the best idea as you've seen.

Panel 3.

GABRIELLA LOOKS AT DANIELA WITH A LONGING EXPRESSION.

GABRIELLA: (BALLOON)
To̅mi can do this. I believe in her.

Panel 4.

DANIELA LOOKS AT GABRIELLA WITH A DISGUSTED EXPRESSION.

DANIELA: (BALLOON)
That's your problem. Mirabelle is stronger than you think. Than even I had thought.

Panel 5.

DANIELA LOOKS AT GABRIELLA WITH AN EXASPERATED EXPRESSION. GABRIELLA LOOKS AT DANIELA WITH A WORRIED AND PUZZLED EXPRESSION.

DANIELA: (BALLOON)
I believed there was something I could say that would get her to change her mind but now I'm met with but only one choice.  

PAGE 9 (SIX PANELS)

Panel 1.
CUT TO: VALLARONA, SPAIN
EXT. SPARROWPOINT - NIGHT

TO̅MI BLOCKS CELLIA'S LACROIX'S RULER SWORD WITH HER RACKET.

CELLIA LACROIX: (BALLOON)
You're tenacious, I'll give you that!

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
And you're insufferable. We both want the same thing and instead of assisting us you'd rather encumber the matter.

Panel 2.

CELLIA PUSHES TO̅MI BACK ACROSS THE GROUND.

CELLIA LACROIX: (BALLOON)
Oh, no my dear! You want to run! Just like you did last time!

Panel 3.

CELLIA LACROIX THRUSTS TOWARD TO̅MI WITH HER RULERSWORD AND CUTS HER ON THE SIDE.

CELLIA LACROIX: (BALLOON)
What I want is justice!

Panel 4.

TO̅MI PIVOTS TO HER LEFT AND HITS LACROIX IN THE BACK OF HER CALF WHICH CAUSES HER TO FALL TO A KNEE.

Panel 5.

LACROIX THEN QUICKLY RAISES HER SWORD TO BLOCK TO̅MI'S NEXT ATTACK AS SHE ATTEMPTS TO HIT LACROIX WITH HER RACKET.

CELLIA LACROIX: (BALLOON)
What you call encumbering, I call taking initiative.

Panel 6.

CELLIA LACROIX PUNCHES TO̅MI IN THE STOMACH AND SHE STUMBLES BACK ACROSS THE GROUND.  

PAGE 10 (SIX PANELS)

Panel 1.

TO̅MI AND CELLIA LACROIX BOTH READY THEIR GUARDS.

CELLIA LACROIX: (BALLOON)
Correct me if I'm wrong, but you ran did you not? Do you believe that you can show back up here at your leisure to correct Mirabelle's machinations? That by saving one girl, it would fix everything that you failed to do in the past?

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
I'm not responsible for any of this! I stumbled across it just like you did! I had a life to get back to and I promised Gabriella that I would take her with me!

Panel 2.

CELLIA LACROIX POINTS HER RULER SWORD AT TO̅MI.

CELLIA LACROIX: (BALLOON)
It doesn't work that way. She's allowed a space for underage drinking and philandering, they carry on without a care in the world as the world around them progresses. She's kept us as second-class citizens in her little fantasy land and it's high time she's paid for it!

Panel 3.

TO̅MI BLOCKS THREE OF CELLIA LACROIX'S ATTACKS.

Panel 4.

TO̅MI HOPS ONTO CELLIA LACROIX'S LEFT KNEE WITH HER RIGHT FOOT.

Panel 5.

TO̅MI KICKS CELLIA LACROIX ACROSS THE FACE WITH HER LEFT FOOT.

Panel 6.

CELLIA LACROIX FALLS ONTO HER BACK ON THE GROUND.

PAGE 11 (FIVE PANELS)

Panel 1.

CELLIA LACROIX READIES HER RULER SWORD IN A DEFENSIVE POSITION AS SHE SEES TO̅MI APPROACHING HER AGAIN.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
Say all those things but it's a matter of principle. A principle that you one who boasts of order and justice should be aware of.

CELLIA LACROIX: (BALLOON)
Really?

Panel 2.

CELLIA LACROIX WIPES BLOOD FROM HER MOUTH.

CELLIA LACROIX: (BALLOON)
What principle is that?

Panel 3.

TO̅MI LOOKS AT CELLIA WITH A DIRECT EXPRESSION. CELLIA LACROIX LOOKS AT TO̅MI WITH AN INCREDULOUS EXPRESSION.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
The principle of individualism. This town is the product of a collectivist contrivance to turn children into weapons. Adults well into their years were the proprietors of such procedure. Mirabelle's actions while inexcusable are a defense against adults who saw their actions as judicious. Now you seek to do the same thing.

CELLIA LACROIX: (BALLOON)
And you don't?

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
Mirabelle is compelling the same trauma she faced onto people who don't deserve it. For better or for worse. Punishing her for reasons outside of that resembles bygone enemies who correspond to children themselves. Letting people walk their own path, that's what I want.

Panel 4.

TO̅MI EXTENDS HER HAND TO CELLIA LACROIX.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
What about you? It's hard to imagine that you could best Mirabelle on your own. You will need help.

Panel 5.

CELLIA LACROIX GLARES AT TO̅MI'S OPEN HAND WHILE BEGRUDGINGLY TAKING IT.

CELLIA LACROIX: (BALLOON)
You're wise beyond your years.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
Thanks. Could you call off your people now?  

PAGE 12 (SIX PANELS)

Panel 1.

CELLIA LACROIX TAKES OUT A FLARE GUN AND FIRES IT INTO THE AIR.

Panel 2.

IMMEDIATELY THE CONFLICT BETWEEN THE DOOMCRIERS AND THE PARAGONS CEASE.

Panel 3.

CELLIA AND TO̅MI WALK INTO THE CROWD OF THE PRIOR WARRING PARTIES AND GLANCE AT ALL OF THE INDIVIDUALS.

CELLIA LACROIX: (BALLOON)
Paragons, we have engaged in this senseless conflict for too long. Regrettably, this child has shown me the error of my ways. I believe now that the best way to proceed forward is to join forces and attack the castle together.

PARAGON GRUNT NO. 6: (BALLOON)
Ms. LaCroix, you're certain of this?

CELLIA LACROIX: (BALLOON)
Why would I address you like this if I wasn't?

Panel 4.

PARAGON GRUNT NO. 6 LOOKS AWAY DISAPPOINTEDLY.

Panel 5.

CELLIA LACROIX LOOKS AT TO̅MI WITH A CONTENT / DIGNIFIED EXPRESSION. TO̅MI GLANCE AT CELLIA LACROIX WITH A CHEERFUL EXPRESSION.

CELLIA LACROIX: (BALLOON)
For the time being, we leave these children to rest as we will do the same.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
I believe a day will have given us enough time to prepare.

CELLIA LACROIX: (BALLOON)
Agreed. I hope to see you proven correct.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
Thank you.

Panel 6.

MANUEL APPROACHES TO̅MI AND LACROIX.

MANUEL: (BALLOON)
If you're truly for the cause meet us in the town square tomorrow morning.

CELLIA LACROIX: (BALLOON)
Very well.  

PAGE 13 (SIX PANELS)

Panel 1.

CELLIA LACROIX AND THE PARAGONS DEPART FROM SPARROWPORT.

Panel 2.

THERE IS CHEERING AMONG THE DOOMCRIERS AND MANUEL APPROACHES TO̅MI. TO̅MI LOOKS AT MANUEL WITH A RELIEVED EXPRESSION.

MANUEL: (BALLOON)
I'm glad to see that your plan worked.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
Me too.

Panel 3.

MANUEL LOOKS AT TO̅MI WITH A SURPRISED EXPRESSION. TO̅MI SCRATCHES HER HEAD WITH AN AWKWARD EXPRESSION.

MANUEL: (BALLOON)
Don't tell me you were going off the cuff.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
On such short notice, I just had to hope for the best. I had hoped that Cellia was a woman of honor. I guess she was since that was the only way it would have worked.

MANUEL: (BALLOON)
Your plan worked. That's all that matters for the time being.

Panel 4.

MANUEL PINCHES HIS CHIN WITH A TROUBLED AND PONDERING EXPRESSION. TO̅MI GLANCES AT MANUEL WITH A TRIUMPHANT EXPRESSION.

MANUEL: (BALLOON)
On the other hand, there is still time for Cellia to deceive us.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
Then we take her down. However, let's give her the benefit of the doubt. After all, her tracking me all the way out here must mean that she wasn't sure of her resolve to face Mirabelle just yet. The only way we stand a chance is together. She sees that now.

MANUEL: (BALLOON)
Alright, I will trust you. I will begin efforts to be ready for the upcoming conflict. You should do the same.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
Yeah, that's the plan.

Panel 5.
CUT TO: VALLARONA, SPAIN
INT. SPARROWPORT LIBRARY - NIGHT

THE FOX LOOKS THROUGH SOME BOOKS SHE TOOK FROM THE ORPHANAGE IN THE SPARROWPORT LIBRARY.

Panel 6.

AFTER FINDING WHAT SHE'S LOOKING FOR SHE PLACES A BOOKMARK INSIDE OF THE BOOK AND BEGINS PACKING EVERYTHING BACK UP.

THE FOX: (WHISPERING BALLOON)
I really want to know if this will work so I should run it past Edgar. Getting a last-minute conversation will really put my mind at ease.

PAGE 14 (FIVE PANELS)

Panel 1.
CUT TO: VALLARONA, SPAIN
INT. THE MORNING GLORY - NIGHT

MIRABELLE RUSHES TO THE DUNGEON WHERE LETICIA IS INSPECTING THE SCENE OF GABRIELLA'S ESCAPE FROM HER CELL.

MIRABELLE: (BALLOON)
How could this have happened?

LETICIA: (BALLOON)
There appears to be some tapering with the lock. I doubt that she did it herself, surely someone would have noticed it by now.

Panel 2.

MIRABELLE LOOKS AT THE LOCK WITH A DISGUSTED EXPRESSION.

[Mirabelle]
Yes, indeed someone would have.

Panel 3.

MIRABELLE LOOKS AT LETICA WITH A DISAPPOINTED EXPRESSION. LETICIA LOOKS AT MIRABELLE WITH A DREADFUL EXPRESSION.

MIRABELLE: (BALLOON)
Do you think it's possible that she's escaped the castle yet?

LETICIA: (BALLOON)
I ordered the dolls that brought it to my attention to search the castle for her. They've not reported back yet.

Panel 4.

MIRABELLE CRUSHES THE LOCK IN HER HAND WITH AN ANGRY EXPRESSION.

MIRABELLE: (BALLOON)
She's just made this even worse on herself. The moment she's found, I want to know.

LETICIA: (OFF-PANEL BALLOON)
Yes, M'lady.

Panel 5.

MIRABELLE LEAVES THE DUNGEONS WITH AN ANGRY EXPRESSION.  

PAGE 15 (SIX PANELS)

Panel 1.
CUT TO: VALLARONA, SPAIN
EXT. REAR PERIMETER OF THE MORNING GLORY - NIGHT

DANIELA SHOWS GABRIELLA THE EXIT AND ALLOWS HER TO LEAVE.

Panel 2.

GABRIELLA LOOKS AT DANIELA WITH A FEARFUL EXPRESSION. DANIELA LOOKS AT GABRIELLA WITH A DISAPPOINTED EXPRESSION WHILE CROSSING HER ARMS.

GABRIELLA: (BALLOON)
Why are you doing this?

DANIELA: (BALLOON)
Wow, freedom at your fingertips and you're trying to look the gift horse in the mouth.

Panel 3.

GABRIELLA LOOKS AT DANIELA WITH AN ANXIOUS EXPRESSION.

GABRIELLA: (BALLOON)
I'm not sure that I can trust you is all.

DANIELA: (BALLOON)
Do you think that I care?

Panel 4.

GABRIELLA LOOKS AT DANIELA WITH A NERVOUS EXPRESSION. DANIELA LOOKS AT GABRIELLA WITH AN EXASPERATED EXPRESSION.

DANIELA: (BALLOON)
I'm trying to give Mirabelle a little push. If she wanted to punish you, this grandstanding has been wholly unnecessary. I told you, I really don't like this place and Mirabelle will be flustered enough to hopefully make a mistake. So go, find your iconoclast champion, and devise a plan to end paradise.

Panel 5.

GABRIELLA WAVES TO DANIELA AS SHE LEAVES. DANIELA KEEPS HER ARMS CROSSED WITH A COLD EXPRESSION ON HER FACE TOWARDS GABRIELLA.

GABRIELLA: (BALLOON)
Thank you, I guess.

DANIELA: (BALLOON)
Head into the forest and make an arch motion back into the central part of town. Lay low there and don't mess up what I've done for you.

Panel 6.

GABRIELLA LEAVES THE MORNING GLORY IN AN UNCERTAIN MANNER HEADING INTO THE WOODS.  

PAGE 16 (FIVE PANELS)

Panel 1.

DANIELA SMIRKS BEFORE SNEAKING BACK INTO THE MORNING GLORY.

Panel 2.

ONCE INSIDE, DANIELA BUMPS INTO PALOMA AS SHE'S REENTERING THE MAIN AREA OF THE CASTLE.

PALOMA: (BALLOON)
Oh!

DANIELA: (BALLOON)
Paloma? What are you doing down here?

Panel 3.

PALOMA LOOKS AT DANIELA WITH A PANICKED EXPRESSION. DANIELA FEIGNS SURPRISE UPON HEARING THE NEWS FROM PALOMA.

PALOMA: (BALLOON)
Daniela, have you heard the news? That peon has escaped.

DANIELA: (BALLOON)
What? You can't be serious.

Panel 4.

PALOMA PLACES HER RIGHT HAND ON HER FOREHEAD IN AN EXASPERATED GESTURE. DANIELA LOOKS AT PALOMA WITH A PITIFUL EXPRESSION.

PALOMA: (BALLOON)
This day could have not been weirder. Guess who showed up in the nursery today.

DANIELA: (BALLOON)
Who?

PALOMA: (BALLOON)
Beatriz that wench of all people! I don't know what her problem is but I can say this much; she's lucky we're in the thick of it or else I would have thrashed her.

DANIELA: (BALLOON)
You don't say, bookworm.

Panel 5.

DANIELA FEIGNS SYMPATHY AS SHE CONSOLES PALOMA WHO HAS A SULLEN EXPRESSION.

PALOMA: (BALLOON)
I just don't know where she finds the gall! After all, it's not my fault that she's untalented and unlikable!

DANIELA: (BALLOON)
My, my Paloma. Aren't you all worked up?

PALOMA: (BALLOON)
You're saying you wouldn't be?

DANIELA: (BALLOON)
Oh, not in the least. I could never let Beatriz speak her mind to me. She's a sneeze away from losing favor with Mirabelle at all times.  

PAGE 17 (FIVE PANELS)

Panel 1.

PALOMA LOOKS AT DANIELA WITH A SMIRK. DANIELA LAUGHS WHILE WAVING HER HAND IN FRONT OF HER FACE.

PALOMA: (BALLOON)
That and she has no sense of fashion! She always manages to look tacky no matter the occasion. She'll always be nothing but a little kid.

DANIELA: (BALLOON)
Oh, she's just the worst. She just can't figure out that she's stuck in the seat she was given. If she were to realize that, I feel like things might be better for all of us.

Panel 2.

DANIELA AND PALOMA SHARE A SMALL LAUGH TOGETHER.

Panel 3.

PALOMA LOOKS AT DANIELA WITH AN AMUSED EXPRESSION. DANIELA LOOKS AT PALOMA WITH A FOND EXPRESSION.

PALOMA: (BALLOON)
Why does it always feel like you're the only one I can talk to?

DANIELA: (BALLOON)
Maybe I am. We need to continue the search for Gabriella.

Panel 4.

PALOMA TURNS TO LEAVE CONTINUING THE SEARCH FOR GABRIELLA WITH A MOVED EXPRESSION. DANIELA LOOKS AT PALOMA WITH A PATRONIZING EXPRESSION REALIZING THAT SHE'S ONCE AGAIN SUCCESSFULLY FOOLED PALOMA.

PALOMA: (BALLOON)
Oh, alright. She's going to regret this decision. Here I was thinking that she at least had a bit of common sense but I suppose not.

DANIELA: (BALLOON)
Yeah, I guess not.

Panel 5.

TO KEEP UP APPEARANCES, DANIELA CONTINUES LOOKING AROUND FOR GABRIELLA ALONGSIDE PALOMA.  

PAGE 18 (SIX PANELS)

Panel 1.
CUT TO: THE NEXT DAY; VALLARONA, SPAIN
EXT. SPARROWPORT - NIGHT

TO̅MI AND THE FOX GEAR UP TOGETHER.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
It's coming down to the wire.

THE FOX: (BALLOON)
Are you getting cold feet?

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
Never. Gabriella is waiting on me. I can't let her down now.

THE FOX: (BALLOON)
You know, you never told me and I didn't ask, what was your dream about that night at the flat?

Panel 2.

TO̅MI LOOKS AT THE FOX WITH A SURPRISED EXPRESSION. THE FOX LOOKS AWAY WITH A SLIGHTLY EMBARRASSED EXPRESSION.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
You wanted to know about that?

THE FOX: (BALLOON)
Y— Yeah! I was just curious, is all.

Panel 3.

TO̅MI LOOKS OUT THE WINDOW INTO THE NIGHT SKY. THE FOX LOOKS AT TO̅MI WITH A CONCERNED EXPRESSION.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
On one of the last nights I was here the first time, Gabriella told me she wanted to be an astronaut. She taught herself so much about the constellations and I promised her that I would take her with me when I left. However, you can see how that turned out.

THE FOX: (BALLOON)
What kept you from leaving together the first time?

Panel 4.

TO̅MI LOOKS AT THE FOX WITH A DOWN EXPRESSION.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
It was my lack of planning. I hadn't thought about how we would leave and when we got to the barrier, it was taking too long to escape. As Mirabelle's forces closed in I had just barely gotten the barrier weak enough to slip through. I suppose that Gabi knew how much trouble we'd both be in if we both got caught and she sent me through without her. Then she fled and that was the last time I saw her.

Panel 5.

THE FOX LOOKS AT TO̅MI WITH A DETERMINED EXPRESSION.

THE FOX: (BALLOON)
I believe that Edgar could help in finding a way to destroy the barrier completely.

Panel 6.

TO̅MI LOOKS AT THE FOX WITH A SURPRISED EXPRESSION. THE FOX SHRUGS HER SHOULDERS WITH A THOUGHTFUL EXPRESSION.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
You think so?

THE FOX: (BALLOON)
You never know what could be found in a library. I'm sure we could at least find something.

PAGE 19 (SIX PANELS)

Panel 1.

TO̅MI LOOKS AT THE FOX WITH A DOWN EXPRESSION. THE FOX TRIES TO CONSOLE TO̅MI WITH A WARM SMILE.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
You're right. I haven't seen Edgar since the last time I left there. Truth be told, I'm kind of worried about him.

THE FOX: (BALLOON)
I'm sure he's fine.

Panel 2.

TO̅MI AND THE FOX JOIN MANUEL AND THE DOOMCRIERS WHO ARE ALL GETTING READY TO DEPART FROM SPARROWPORT.

MANUEL: (BALLOON)
You guys ready?

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
Yeah. Hey, we're going to take a little detour to the library in town to check on a friend.

THE FOX: (BALLOON)
We've got some information we need to run past him.

MANUEL: (BALLOON)
Sounds good to me. The one thing we need for sure during this time is assurance. Mirabelle won't be an easy foe.

LUNA: (OFF-PANEL BALLOON)
Hey, guys wait up!

Panel 3.

THE GROUP LOOKS BACK TO SEE LUNA WHEELING A CART OF ELIXIR BOTTLES TOWARD THE GROUP.

LUNA: (BALLOON)
With all the ingredients that To̅mi brought back, I was able to make a lot more of the elixir than I thought I would be able to. Hopefully, there's enough for everybody here to get at least one. However, use it only if you absolutely have to. Like after you've gotten your fourth wind.

MANUEL: (BALLOON)
Understood. Thank you for this Luna. That was very considerate.

LUNA: (BALLOON)
You might as well have as much of an edge as possible. Everyone take one.

Panel 4.

TO̅MI, THE FOX, MANUEL, AND THE DOOMCRIERS ALL TAKE A VILE OF ELIXIR.

Panel 5.

LUNA FIST PUMPS WITH AN EXCITED EXPRESSION. MANUEL LOOKS AT LUNA WITH AN EAGER EXPRESSION.

LUNA: (BALLOON)
Take her down!

MANUEL: (BALLOON)
We will. Let's go!

Panel 6.

TO̅MI, THE FOX, MANUEL, AND THE DOOMCRIER ALL LEAVE SPARROWPORT HEADING BACK INTO CENTRAL VALLARONA.

PAGE 20 (FIVE PANELS)

Panel 1.
CUT TO: VALLARONA, SPAIN
INT. LIBRARY - NIGHT

TO̅MI AND THE FOX ARRIVE AT THE LIBRARY AND FIND THAT IT HAS BEEN RANSACKED.

THE FOX: (BALLOON)
It looks like they got him. Damn!

Panel 2.

TO̅MI LOOKS AT EDGAR'S BROKEN GLASSES WITH A SULLEN EXPRESSION. THE FOX ATTEMPTS TO CONSOLE TO̅MI WITH A CONCERNED EXPRESSION.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
There I go, being careless again. Just like with Gabi.

THE FOX: (BALLOON)
Hey, you can't be so hard on yourself. There's no way you could have known.

Panel 3.

TO̅MI LOOKS AT THE FOX WITH A SORROWFUL EXPRESSION. THE FOX LOOKS AT TO̅MI WITH A DIRECT EXPRESSION.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
No, I left him! I knew that Mirabelle had the dolls checking in on him and I chose to think that he would just be okay. If anything, I should have taken him with me.

THE FOX: (BALLOON)
Edgar isn't a field guy. He would have just slowed you down.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
But still—!

THE FOX: (BALLOON)
Mirabelle wouldn't have done anything too hasty to him. She's more than likely just trying to get information out of him. We'll get him and Gabriella out of there together.

Panel 4.

THE FOX PATS TO̅MI ON THE SHOULDER WITH A CONCERNED EXPRESSION. TO̅MI LOOKS AT THE FOX WITH A CHEERFUL EXPRESSION.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
...Thanks, Fox.

THE FOX: (BALLOON)
You're welcome.

Panel 5.

TO̅MI WALKS OVER TO THE BOOK SHE TOOK FROM THE HOSPITAL AND PICKS IT UP. THE FOX LOOKS AT TO̅MI WITH A CONFUSED EXPRESSION.

THE FOX: (BALLOON)
We should get going.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
Hey, hold on a minute. There's another promise I have to make sure that I keep.

THE FOX: (BALLOON)
You're worried about that at a time like this?

PAGE 21 (FOUR PANELS)

Panel 1.

THE FOX LOOKS AT TO̅MI WITH A SURPRISED EXPRESSION. TO̅MI LOOKS AT THE FOX WITH A SERIOUS EXPRESSION.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
Well, I borrowed it from a ghost. I know he's got an eternity to finish his unfinished business but—!

THE FOX: (BALLOON)
Did you say you got that from a ghost?

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
Yes, long story short, there are ghosts in the hospital where I got this book from. I promised Dr. Perron that I would return it to him.

Panel 2.

THE FOX LOOKS AT TO̅MI WITH A YIKES EXPRESSION.

THE FOX: (BALLOON)
Why have I never seen these ghosts?

Panel 3.

TO̅MI LOOKS AT THE FOX WITH A THOUGHTFUL EXPRESSION. THE FOX PINCHES HER CHIN WITH A PONDERING EXPRESSION.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
They're in the hospital. The gates have been salted which leads me to believe that Mirabelle or maybe the cult used it to keep them secured there.

THE FOX: (BALLOON)
...You don't say.

Panel 4.

TO̅MI WAVES GOODBYE TO THE FOX AS SHE DEPARTS FROM THE LIBRARY. THE FOX LOOKS AT TO̅MI WITH A CONTENT EXPRESSION.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
You can go ahead. It won't take me but a little while at the hospital.

THE FOX: (BALLOON)
Very well. I need to find something here. I will regroup with you guys as soon as I can.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
Sounds like a plan.  

PAGE 22 (FIVE PANELS)

Panel 1.
CUT: VALLARONA, SPAIN
INT. HOSPITAL - NIGHT

TO̅MI HANDS THE BOOK BACK TO DR. PERRON.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
Here you go.

DR. PERRON: (BALLOON)
Faithful to your word.

Panel 2.

DR. PERRON BEGINS TO DEPART BACK TO HIS OFFICE HOWEVER TO̅MI REACHES OUT TO DR. PERRON BECKONING HIM FOR ANOTHER WORD.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
Um, excuse me, Dr. Perron.

Panel 3.

DR. PERRON LOOKS BACK AT TO̅MI WITH A PERPLEXED EXPRESSION. TO̅MI LOOKS AT DR. PERRON WITH A HOPEFUL EXPRESSION.

DR. PERRON:
What is it, child?

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
You don't suppose any of the ghosts would be interested in channeling their negative emotions into helping me dethrone a tyrant would you?

DR. PERRON: (BALLOON)
It's had to say. We ghost have our own affairs we haven't settled. It would be tedious to engage in someone else's.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
Right, that makes a lot of sense

Panel 4.

OLIVER FLOATS OVER TO WHERE TO̅MI IS.

OLIVER: (BALLOON)
You'd also have to remember that getting rid of the salt barrier would be like letting the genie out of the bottle. You've seen some of the creeps in this place. Surely you don't want them running around free, do you?

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
That's another good point. Then I suppose the best thing I can do is leave you all in peace.

OLIVER: (BALLOON)
Best of luck to you.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
Thank you.

Panel 5.

TO̅MI LEAVES THE HOSPITAL WHILE WAVING GOODBYE TO DR. PERRON AND OLIVER.  

PAGE 23 (SIX PANELS)

Panel 1.
CUT TO: LATER; VALLARONA, SPAIN
EXT. TOWN SQUARE - NIGHT

WHEN TO̅MI AND THE OTHERS ARRIVE IN THE TOWN SQUARE THEY ENCOUNTER THE PARAGONS ONE OF WHICH WALKS OUT TO GREET TO̅MI AND MANUEL.

MANUEL: (BALLOON)
Where is LaCroix?

PARAGON GRUNT NO. 7: (BALLOON)
Lady LaCroix has requested an audience with the iconoclast and the leader of the Doomcriers.

Panel 2.

DOOMCRIER NO. 5 STEPS UP TO MANUEL'S SIDE.

DOOMCRIER NO. 5: (BALLOON)
See, Manuel, I knew they couldn't be trusted. This has to be some kind of trick!

PARAGON GRUNT NO. 7: (BALLOON)
Hold your tongue, boy!

Panel 3.

MANUEL STEPS BETWEEN PARAGON GRUNT NO. 7 AND DOOMCRIER NO. 5.

MANUEL: (BALLOON)
Can we give our newfound alliance more than a couple of seconds? I assume this is important.

PARAGON GRUNT NO. 7: (BALLOON)
It is very important.

MANUEL: (BALLOON)
Fine.

Panel 4.

DOOMCRIER NO. 5 HOLDS BACK MANUEL WITH A WORRIED EXPRESSION. MANUEL LOOKS AT DOOMCRIER NO. 5 WITH A STERN EXPRESSION.

DOOMCRIER NO. 5: (BALLOON)
You're too important to pull a stunt like this. It could be a trap.

MANUEL: (BALLOON)
If I'm not back in five minutes, I want you to leave without me.

Panel 5.

DOOMCRIER NO. 5 GIVES MANUEL AN UNDERSTANDING NOD.

Panel 6.

MANUEL AND TO̅MI LEAVE WITH THE PARAGON GRUNT TO A SECLUDED AREA.  

PAGE 24 (SIX PANELS)

Panel 1.

TO̅MI AND MANUEL ARE GREETED BY CELLIA LACROIX.

MANUEL: (BALLOON)
What's going on?

CELLIA LACROIX: (BALLOON)
It would seem we've been dealt quite the wild card.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
What kind of wild card?

GABRIELLA: (OFF-PANEL BALLOON)
To̅mi?

Panel 2.

FRONT FACING PANEL OF TO̅MI WITH A SURPRISED EXPRESSION.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
....Gabi?

Panel 3.

GABRIELLA STEPS OUT FROM BEHIND COVER WITH A JOYFUL EXPRESSION.

GABRIELLA: (BALLOON)
I know you probably weren't expecting this but it is really nice to see you!

Panel 4.

A TEAR RUNS DOWN TO̅MI'S FACE AS SHE LOOKS AT GABRIELLA WITH A JOYFUL EXPRESSION.

Panel 5.

TO̅MI AND GABRIELLA HUG ONE ANOTHER.

Panel 6.

TO̅MI SEPARATES FROM GABRIELLA TO EXAMINE HER. TO̅MI SEES ALL THE BRUISES FROM MIRABELLE'S ATTACKS ON GABRIELLA. GABRIELLA LOOKS AWAY WITH AN ANXIOUS EXPRESSION.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
I can't believe it's you! What—? What happened to you?

GABRIELLA: (BALLOON)
Mirabelle isn't exactly the most gracious dictator. She made it very clear how she felt about me attempting to leave.  

PAGE 25 (SIX PANELS)

Panel 1.

TO̅MI LOOKS AT GABRIELLA WITH AN ANGRY EXPRESSION. GABRIELLA LOOKS AT THE GROUND WITH A DOWN EXPRESSION.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
She did all of that to you?

GABRIELLA: (BALLOON)
Yeah.

Panel 2.

TO̅MI HOLDS GABRIELLA'S HANDS WITH HER OWN TRYING TO CONSOLE HER WITH AN ANGRY EXPRESSION. GABRIELLA LOOKS AT TO̅MI WITH AN ANXIOUS EXPRESSION.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
Don't worry, she's gonna get what's coming to her.

GABRIELLA: (BALLOON)
You might consider me a bleeding heart when I say this but in Mirabelle's own twisted way, she really was trying to do the right thing. Just stop her okay?

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
Don't worry. I'm not going to dive off the deep end.

Panel 3.

TO̅MI HANDS GABRIELLA HER VILE OF THE EXILIR. MANUEL EXTENDS A HAND WITH A CONCERNED EXPRESSION.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
Here, drink a little of this.

MANUEL: (BALLOON)
Hey, To̅mi, hold on. You might need that later.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
Trust me, I can manage with half. I'm... tougher than I look. Besides, she needs it.

GABRIELLA: (BALLOON)
What is it?

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
It's an elixir. You'll feel better after you drink some of it.

Panel 4.

GABRIELLA DRINKS SOME OF THE ELIXIR AND HER WOUNDS AND BRUISES SLOWLY BEGIN TO HEAL.

Panel 5.

GABRIELLA SMILES AS SHE HANDS THE REST OF THE ELIXIR BACK TO TO̅MI.

GABRIELLA: (BALLOON)
Thank you, To̅mi.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
No biggie. What happened? How did you escape?

Panel 6.

GABRIELLA LOOKS AT MANUEL AND TO̅MI WITH AN AWKWARD EXPRESSION. TO̅MI AND MANUEL LOOK AT TO̅MI WITH SHOCKED EXPRESSION.

GABRIELLA: (BALLOON)
Believe it or not, Daniela just let me go.

GABRIELLA: (BALLOON)
What? That's crazy. She would never do something like that.

GABRIELLA: (BALLOON)
Ms. Lacroix thought the same thing. I don't have any way to prove it but I'm telling you the truth.

PAGE 26 (FIVE PANELS)

Panel 1.

TO̅MI INSPECTS GABRIELLA WITH A CONCERNED EXPRESSION. GABRIELLA LOOKS AT TO̅MI WITH A SINCERE EXPRESSION.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
Are you sure you're okay?

GABRIELLA: (BALLOON)
Yes. It's not a trick. No illusion either. Put me to the test.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
A test, hmm? I got something. Tell me something that only the real Gabriella would know.

Panel 2.

GABRIELLA WHISPERS SOMETHING IN TO̅MI'S EAR.

Panel 3.

TO̅MI JUMPS AWAY FROM GABRIELLA WITH A FLUSTERED EXPRESSION. GABRIELLA STIFLES AT TO̅MI'S REACTION.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
Yep, that's the real Gabriella.

Panel 4.

TO̅MI HOLDS GABRIELLA'S HANDS WITH A CONCERNED EXPRESSION.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
I think right now, I'm just happy to see you! I'm—! I'm sorry... that I left you behind. What's even worse is that I forgot about you.

GABRIELLA: (BALLOON)
Don't say that. I knew we'd both be caught and you had a family to get back to.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
You were supposed to be a part of that family, too. This time, you will be. We're getting out of here. Alongside anyone else who wants to go.

Panel 5.

CELLIA LACROIX STEPS BESIDE TO̅MI AND GABRIELLA WITH AN EXPLAINING EXPRESSION. TO̅MI LOOKS AT CELLIA LACROIX WITH AN AWKWARD EXPRESSION WHILE SCRATCHING HER HEAD.

CELLIA LACROIX: (BALLOON)
Excuse me, I don't mean to interrupt, however, if we plan to leave this place, I think now is a good time to come up with a strategy.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
Oh, yeah. Sorry about that.  

PAGE 27 (SIX PANELS)

Panel 1.

TO̅MI, MANUEL, CELLIA LACROIX, GABRIELLA, AND THE PARAGON GRUNTS ALL STAND AROUND TOGETHER AS THEY DISCUSS IDEAS FOR A STRATEGY.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
I think it's safe to say now that we can more easily match her numbers. The dolls and the devilkin will be the most troublesome, however, if I can get past them, I can get into that castle and fight my way to Mirabelle.

GABRIELLA: (BALLOON)
To̅mi, I know you're strong but do you really think that you can take on all five of them? You don't want any help?

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
That's sort of been the plan all along. No offense to anyone here but I'm the only one with the power to match them.

CELLIA LACROIX: (BALLOON)
If you think that's the best course of action then we will keep her wretched abominations busy.

Panel 2.

MANUEL PINCHES HIS CHIN WITH A PONDERING EXPRESSION. TO̅MI LOOKS AT MANUEL WITH A THOUGHTFUL EXPRESSION.

MANUEL: (BALLOON)
We still have the barrier to deal with if everything goes according to plan.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
The Fox told me that she might have had something to handle dismantling the barrier. Although I didn't get a chance to check it out, I trust that she might be on to something.

MANUEL: (BALLOON)
Knowing her, I'm certain that she might be onto something as well. However—!

Panel 3.

MANUEL LOOKS AROUND FOR THE FOX BACK WHERE THE REST OF THE GROUP IS.

MANUEL: (BALLOON)
I knew that I hadn't heard her voice in a while. I suspected that if anyone would have been suspicious of Gabriella's sudden return, not that I am included in that camp now, it would have been her.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
She did say that she would have to look up some information at the library when we went by there. I'm sure she'll catch up with us later.

Panel 4.

MANUEL LOOKS TOWARD THE GROUP OF PARAGONS AND DOOMCRIERS.

MANUEL: (BALLOON)
I fear the other might become jumpy if we're away for too long. Let's get back.

CELLIA LACROIX: (BALLOON)
Seconded. The jaws of defeat surely shouldn't come before the fighting has even started.

MANUEL: (BALLOON)
Yeah, and fighting amongst ourselves shouldn't count.

Panel 5.

DOOMCRIER NO. 5 WHO'S KEEPING TRACK OF TIME REACHES A RESOLUTION AFTER THE FIVE MINUTES IS UP.

DOOMCRIER NO. 5: (BALLOON)
Alright, that's it! Manuel spent his time unwisely. Doomcriers—!

Panel 6.

PARAGON GRUNT NO. 2 HOLDS OUT HIS HAND TOWARD DOOMCRIER NO. 5 GESTURING FOR HIM TO CALM DOWN. DOOMCRIER NO. 5 POINTS AT PARAGON GRUNT NO. 2 WITH AN ANGRY EXPRESSION.

PARAGON GRUNT NO. 2: (BALLOON)
Settle down, boy! I can assure you that your precious leader is unharmed. There is no treachery afoot.

DOOMCRIER NO. 5: (BALLOON)
Shut it, old man! Doomcirers—!

MANUEL: (OFF-PANEL BALLOON)
There's no need for that. We are uncompromised.  

PAGE 28 (SIX PANELS)

Panel 1.

THE TWO GROUPS LOOK TOWARD TO̅MI, GABRIELLA, CELLIA LACROIX, MANUEL, AND PARAGON GRUNT NO. 1 AS THEY ARE RECONVENING THE GROUP.

MANUEL: (BALLOON)
My fellow Doomcriers and Paragons, we stand now with a common goal. We will take this fight to Mirabelle and we will gain our freedom.

Panel 2.

THERE IS A RALLYING CRY FROM THE PARAGONS AND THE DOOMCRIERS.

Panel 3.

GABRIELLA LOOKS AT TO̅MI WITH A CURIOUS EXPRESSION. TO̅MI LOOKS AT GABRIELLA WITH A SURPRISED EXPRESSION.

GABRIELLA: (BALLOON)
So, you met Sasha. I wonder how your first meeting went.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
Sasha?

GABRIELLA: (BALLOON)
You know, the Fox.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
That's her name?

GABRIELLA: (BALLOON)
Yeah, I guess I should have left it to her to tell you. Sasha is a bit of a legend which is why she chose to go by the Fox but she's also really sweet when you get to know her.

Panel 4.

TO̅MI AND GABRIELLA LOOK AROUND FOR ANY SIGN OF SASHA.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
I hope she hasn't forgotten about us. We're gonna need all the help we can get.

GABRIELLA: (BALLOON)
I don't see her but I'm sure she'll show.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
Oh, before I forget.

Panel 5.

TO̅MI LOOKS AT GABRIELLA WITH A DIRECT EXPRESSION. GABRIELLA LOOKS AT TO̅MI WITH AN ANXIOUS EXPRESSION.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
I won't take the choice from you, however, I'd rather you lay low until this was all over. This will get dangerous.

GABRIELLA: (BALLOON)
What? No way! I want to fight. Well, at least I want to help you in any way that I can. What's the point of you coming all this way to do all the heavy lifting?

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
Good. Then it will be good to have you fighting by my side

Panel 6.

GABRIELLA ARMS HERSELF WITH A BO-STAFF AND TO̅MI SUMMONS HER RACKET. TOGETHER TO̅MI AND GABRIELLA STAND BESIDE ONE ANOTHER WITH DETERMINED EXPRESSIONS.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
We're leaving this time, the both of us.

PAGE 29 (SIX PANELS)

Panel 1.
CUT TO: VALLARONA, SPAIN
INT. THE MORNING GLORY - NIGHT

A DOLL FLIES INTO MIRABELLE'S ROOM WITH A PANICKING GESTURE.

DOLL NO. 78: (BALLOON)
M'lady, m'lady! The iconoclast's forces have gathered at the front gate.

Panel 2.

MIRABELLE LOOKS AT DOLL NO. 78 FROM THE MIRROR IN FRONT OF HER.

MIRABELLE: (BALLOON)
...Notify the others. We convene on the balcony.

DOLL NO. 78: (BALLOON)
Yes, m'lady.

Panel 3.

DOLL NO. 78 LEAVES TO GATHER THE OTHERS WHILE MIRABELLE CONTINUES APPLYING HER MAKEUP.

Panel 4.

MIRABELLE THEN WALKS TO THE BALCONY WHERE DANIELA, LETICIA, PALOMA, AND BEATRIZ ARE.

Panel 5.

MIRABELLE LOOKS HAUGHTLY AT TO̅MI AND HER FORCES.

MIRABELLE: (BALLOON)
...To̅mi, you have some nerve coming back here.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
I wasn't given much of a choice.

MIRABELLE: (BALLOON)
Of course, you weren't. You chose to ruin paradise for the sake of one girl. One girl who doesn't realize exactly what I've done for her.

Panel 6.

TO̅MI POINTS AT MIRABELLE WITH A DIRECT EXPRESSION.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
You've kept her and countless others here against their wills!

MIRABELLE: (BALLOON)
I have provided shelter from the evil that lurks beyond this place. I was never thanked and the only thing I asked in return was fealty, but that was asking too much. Now I must demand.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
The willingness of bravery shouldn't be stifled by those who haven't discovered it.

MIRABELLE: (BALLOON)
This bravery you speak of, it's a sickness. Embracing death and doom for what, adventure? The world made us who we are in the first place and you think bravery will change any of that? I can't allow you to infect what I've built any longer.

PAGE 30 (FOUR PANELS)

Panel 1.

MIRABELLE WAVES HER HAND AND THE DOLLS ALONGSIDE THE DEVILKIN MOBILIZE AROUND THE FRONT ENTRANCE OF THE MORNING GLORY.

MIRABELLE: (BALLOON)
You, nor Gabriella, nor anyone else will defy me any longer! I will make all of you obey!

Panel 2.
CUT TO: VALLARONA, SPAIN
EXT. OUTSKIRTS OF TOWN - NIGHT

SASHA MAKES IT TO THE PLACE WHERE TO̅MI ARRIVED THROUGH THE BARRIER INTO VALLARONA AND TAKES OUT THE BOOK SHE FOUND.

Panel 3.

SASHA THEN LOOKS THROUGH THE PORTAL SEEING THE OGRE LOOMING AT THE TREELINE.

SASHA: (BALLOON)
Don't worry, ogre, you will have your vengeance yet.

Panel 4.

SASHA BEGINS WRITING RUNES IN THE DIRT TO DESTABILIZE THE BARRIER.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 406 143
No one ever knows the whole story... Nestled deep in the forests of the Pacific Northwest, something is emerging. Kept in absolute secrecy, it seeps...
383 47 7
Carnivals; who can resist them? The food, the rides, the entertainment; no matter what you go for, you're guaranteed to have a fun time. The bright l...
4.1K 424 34
Annie doesn't know it, but magic surrounds her life and follows her every move. Between her recurring dreams, the strange evidence she keeps in a box...
1.6K 142 19
To̅mi Andrei is never the person you would think of to resist embarking on amazing experiences. On the other hand, adventure has its way of finding y...