Emily Black and the Order of...

By iluvremuslupin

Voldemort is back,the ministry won't believe it and have control over Hogwarts.Emily is going into her 5th ye... More

Beyond Repair
Sanity is overrated
The Trial?
Azkaban
Leaving marks
Back to Hogwarts
Toadface
Detention
Hog's Head
Educational Degree
Dumbledore's Army
Weasley is our King
Quidditch tryouts
Saint Mungo's
Christmas
Vicious Circle of Immaturity
The Worst Holiday Ever
The Quibbler
Dumbledore's dismiss
Memory
Careers Advice
The Quidditch Final
Owls
The Department of Mysteries
Empty
Sequel

Athea Deters

9.8K 382 186
By iluvremuslupin

(Emily's pov)

I stepped off the carriages and looked at the odd horses one last time before walking into the Entrance Hall.It was packed with people and a girl in Hufflepuff robes approached me.

"You're so brave"she said.She wrapped her arms around me in an embrace and I awkwardly patted her back.She pulled back with a soft smile.

"Eh,Thanks...Jones"I said in a odd voice,remembering Megan Jones from Herebology.She skipped off and I looked at her bewildered.Why exactly was I so brave?

I soon found out though as a mean-looking Slytherin past me.

"Have a nice stay in Azkaban Black?Maybe you got the same cell as your father"he jeered and I glared at him,wanting so badly to hex him. 'Happy thoughts,happy thoughts' I thought to myself as I walked to the door but just as I was about to enter I was stopped.

"Emily come with me"Sev said coldly and I followed him around the corner where he stopped.He took something out of his robes and threw it at my feet.

'Emily Black's visit to Azkaban' the headline said.It then preceded to tell everyone why I was put in there and that I was released on bail.

'What if she murders again?' said a ministry official 'She's unstable she is' but she has an alibi for Cedric Diggory's time of death.So are the ministry trying to frame her?'

I looked down shocked and then realised that it wasn't the Daily Prophet.It wasn't the ministry who made my trip to Azkaban public but Athea Deters.I had never heard of her.Was Athea even a name?

"Who's Athea Deters?"I asked.

"Look closely at the letters Emily.I'll leave you time to figure it out.We'll be late for the feast"he said.

Athea Deters?Athea Deters?Nope it didn't ring a bell at all.

I walked into the Hall behind Sev and quickly made my way towards the Gryffindor table,well aware of the stares and whispers around me.

I sat down in between Fred and George and opposite Cece.

"You okay?"George whispered and I nodded.

"Who's she?"I asked,referring to the woman in pink.She was squat,with short, curly, mouse-brown hair in which she had placed a horrible pink Alice band that matched the fluffy pink cardigan she wore over her robes. She turned to face me and I saw that she looked identical to a toad.Actually that was insulting to toads.

I was about to speak again but the first years came in and the hat began to sing.

In times of old when I was new.And Hogwarts barely started.The founders of our noble school.Thought never to be parted:

United by a common goal,They had the selfsame yearning,To make the world's best magic school.And pass along their learning.

'Together we will build and teach!' The four good friends decided.And never did they dream that theyMight some day be divided,For were there such friends anywhere As Slytherin and Gryffindor?Unless it was the second pair Of Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw?

So how could it have gone so wrong?
How could such friendships fail?Why, I was there and so can tell.The whole sad, sorry tale.

Said Slytherin, 'We'll teach just those
Whose ancestry is purest.'
Said Ravenclaw, 'We'll teach those whose Intelligence is surest'
Said Gryffindor, 'We'll teach all those
With brave deeds to their name, '
Said Hufflepuff, 'I'll teach the lot,
And treat them just the same. '

These differences caused little strife.When first they came to light,For each of the four founders hadA house in which they mightTake only those they wanted, so,For instance, Slytherin Took only pure-blood wizards Of great cunning, just like him,And only those of sharpest mind
Were taught by Ravenclaw.While the bravest and the boldest Went to daring Gryffindor.Good Hufflepuff, she took the rest,And taught them all she knew,Thus the houses and their founders Retained friendships firm and true.

So Hogwarts worked in harmony,For several happy years, But then discord crept among us Feeding on our faults and fears.The houses that, like pillars four,Had once held up our school,Now turned upon each other and, Divided, sought to rule.

And for a while it seemed the school
Must meet an early end,What with duelling and with fighting And the clash of friend on friend.And at last there came a morning When old Slytherin departed And though the fighting then died out He left us quite downhearted.And never since the founders four Were whittled down to three Have the houses been united
As they once were meant to be.

And now the Sorting Hat is here.And you all know the score:I sort you into houses Because that is what I'm for,
But this year I'll go further,Listen closely to my song:Though condemned I am to split you,Still I worry that it's wrong,Though I must fulfil my duty And must quarter every year.Still I wonder whether Sorting
May not bring the end I fear.

Oh, know the perils, read the signs,
The warning history shows,For our Hogwarts is in danger.From external, deadly foes And we must unite inside her Or we'll crumble from within
I have told you, I have warned you ...
Let the Sorting now begin.

My mouth was slightly open as I repeated the song in my head.Danger at Hogwarts?No surely not,this was the safest place in Britain,the world maybe!Fred saw the look on my face and grinned at me.

"Mental that hat is"he said cheerfully and I smiled gratefully at him.I didn't need another thing to worry about.

The little midgets...cough,cough I mean first years were sorted and then Dumbledore stood before us.I didn't blame him for not getting me out of Azkaban but Dad sure did,he still hadn't gotten over it.

'To our newcomers,' said Dumbledore in a ringing voice, his arms stretched wide and a beaming smile on his lips, 'welcome! To our old hands,welcome back! There is a time for speech making, but this is not it. Tuck in!'

I laughed gently and as Dumbledore put it 'tucked in'.

"Why do you think that journalist published that article?"Fred asked through a mouthful of food and Angelina Johnson(his girlfriend) hit him at the back of his head.

"Manners Fred"she said,smirking as a pained expression appeared on Fred's face.She wasn't Chaser for no reason.

"Answering your question Fred,I don't know"I replied honestly.Was this person against the ministry?

When all the students had finished eating and the noise level in the Hall was starting to creep upwards again, Dumbledore got to his feet once more. Talking ceased immediately as all turned to face the Headmaster.

"Well, now that we are all digesting another magnificent feast, I beg a few moments of your attention for the usual start-of-term notices,' said Dumbledore. 'First-years ought to know that the Forest in the grounds is out-of-bounds to students--and a few of our older students ought to know by now, too."(I smirked at Fred and George)

"Mr. Filch, the caretaker, has asked me, for what he tells me is the four-hundred-and-sixty-second time, to remind you all that magic is not permitted in corridors between classes, nor are a number of other things, all of which can be checked on the extensive list now fastened to Mr. Filch's office door"

"We have had two changes in staffing this year. We are very pleased to welcome back Professor Grubbly-Plank, who will be taking Care of Magical Creatures lessons; we are also delighted to introduce Professor Umbridge, our new Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher."

Ugh,Grubby-Plank and then Toadface.

Dumbledore continued, "Tryouts for the house Quidditch teams will take place on the-"

He broke off, looking enquiringly at Professor Umbridge. As she was not much taller standing than sitting, there was a moment when nobody understood why Dumbledore had stopped talking, but then Professor Umbridge cleared her throat, 'Hem, hem,' and it became clear that she had got to her feet and was intending to make a speech.

Dumbledore only looked taken aback for a moment, then he sat down smartly and looked alertly at Professor Umbridge as though he desired nothing better than to listen to her talk. Other members of staff were not as adept at hiding their surprise. Professor Sprout's eyebrows had disappeared into her flyaway hair and Professor McGonagall's mouth was as thin as I had ever seen it. No new teacher had ever interrupted Dumbledore before. Many of the students were smirking; this woman obviously did not know how things were done at Hogwarts.

'Thank you, Headmaster,' Professor Umbridge simpered, 'for those kind words of welcome.'

My eyes narrowed slightly and I'm sure they had a red-tint to them.I felt a hand on each of my shoulders and I looked at Fred then George.I sighed before begrudgingly turning to face her(and by that I mean,Fred and George held me in place)

"Well, it is lovely to be back at Hogwarts, I must say!" She smiled, revealing very pointed teeth."And to see such happy little faces looking up at me!"

I'm not give and my face certainly not happy,neither was many of those around me.

"I am very much looking forward to getting to know you all and I'm sure we'll be very good friends!"

Professor Umbridge cleared her throat again ('hem, hem'), but when she continued, some of the breathiness had vanished from her voice. She sounded much more businesslike and now her words had a dull learned-by-heart sound to them.

"The Ministry of Magic has always considered the education of young witches and wizards to be of vital importance. The rare gifts with which you were born may come to nothing if not nurtured and honed by careful instruction. The ancient skills unique to the wizarding community must be passed down the generations lest we lose them for ever. The treasure trove of magical knowledge amassed by our ancestors must be guarded, replenished and polished by those who have been called to the noble profession of teaching."

Professor Umbridge paused here and made a little bow to her fellow staff members, none of whom bowed back to her. Professor McGonagall's dark eyebrows had contracted so that she looked positively hawklike, and I distinctly saw her exchange a significant glance with Professor Sprout as Umbridge gave another little 'hem, hem' and went on with her speech.I have to say I love that woman.

"Every headmaster and headmistress of Hogwarts has brought something new to the weighty task of governing this historic school, and that is as it should be, for without progress there will be stagnation and decay. There again, progress for progress's sake must be discouraged, for our tried and tested traditions often require no tinkering. A balance, then, between old and new, between permanence and change, between tradition and innovation ..."

And on and on she went.

"... because some changes will be for the better, while others will come, in the fullness of time, to be recognised as errors of judgement. Meanwhile, some old habits will be retained, and rightly so, whereas others, outmoded and outworn, must be abandoned. Let us move forward, then, into a new era of openness, effectiveness and accountability, intent on preserving what ought to be preserved, perfecting what needs to be perfected, and pruning wherever we find practices that ought to be prohibited."

"Thank you very much, Professor Umbridge, that was most illuminating,"he said, bowing to her. 'Now, as I was saying, Quidditch tryouts will be held ..."

"What the bloody hell does that mean?"George asked and my eyes darkened.

"The ministry are interfering with Hogwarts"I said through gritted teeth and George looked a bit startled.

We were dismissed and I stood up before I could rip the toad's face to shreds.Why Hogwarts?They couldn't leave Hogwarts alone,could they?

"Come on"George whispered pushing me along and that was when I noticed the looks again.Some pitying and some with disgust.I smiled at the little first years and they backed away in fear.

I sighed and walked off.Cece was glaring at the Slytherins who were jeering at me.My hand twitched and Fred took it while George took my other one.

"Mimbuius mimbletonia!"Cece said."Neville hasn't stopped going on about his.I want one"she whined and I chuckled.

"I have to hang this up on the notice board"Fred said and left to pin a sheet up.

"Seamus"Cece called out,brightening immediately,now over her desire for the ugly plant.

Seamus walked over with a scowl on his face.

"What's wrong?"she asked and his face darkened when he saw me.

"Potter's telling everybody that you-know-who is back.Me ma didn't want me to come back this year"he said bitterly.

"Seamus"Cece said,looking into his eyes."He is back".Seamus turned and glared at me.

"You can't believe her Cece.She's trying to trick you.She was in Azkaban for Merlin's sake!She's insane"he said and Cece's eyes darkened.

"She's not insane"

"She is Cece.You have to believe me.It's for your safety"he said pulling on her arm.She roughly pulled her arm out of his.

"You're just a filthy coward!"she screamed and he got a murderous look on his face.

"A coward"she screamed and then it happened so quick that I hardly even registered what happened.Cece stood there,holding her roaring red cheek. Seamus looked shocked at himself.He tried to reach for her but I stopped him.

"Don't you dare touch her.If I see you within ten metres of her I swear that your mammy will receive your head on a silver platter Finnigan"I growled and George walked over and helped me drag Cece up the stairs.

"He slapped me"she said tears running down her face and George stopped.

"I can't go up any further.Don't worry Cece we'll get him"he said,giving Cece's shoulder a squeeze and I smiled gratefully at him.

We went into the room and Cece fell onto her bed.

"I can't believe I liked him.He is a coward.I can't believe him"Cece ranted after she got over the stage of 'cry until all the water in my body is gone'.

"I know Cece,just go asleep.The others will be up soon"I said an she nodded.The others did appear soon and I fell on to my bed,exhausted.

Athea Deters?Athea Deters?And then I got it.'Look at the letters'Sev said.I got up quietly and walked to the bathroom.I spelled it out in the air with fire and then switched it around.Why would they want my trip to Azkaban to become public?Whats going on?

I sighed looking at the anagram in the air.Athea Deters was an anagram of Death Eaters.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.1K 440 28
My name is Nemissia Vernice Knight, I go to Hogwarts school of witchcraft and wizardry. I am friends with Hermione Granger, the Wesleys, and Harry po...
169K 7.3K 25
Emily is back for her 6th year of Magical Education.She finds out more secrets about her beloved uncle and mam-and not all of them are good.
688K 32.9K 56
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
614K 30.9K 23
↳ ❝ [ ILLUSION ] ❞ ━ yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader ━ yandere helluva boss x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, a powerful d...