The Shadow Of The Sword (Chai...

By daTruthS33k4r

Kobeni x Male Reader "Mankind knew that they could not change society, so instead of reflecting on themselves... More

~Author note~
-Prologue-
A Personal Hell
The Way Out
Fire
Gun
Curse
~Another Author's Note~
Struggler
Forces
Bounty
Devil
Fury
Contract
~500???~
Path
-Part One: Act One, Eternity-
Makima
Division
~1,000!?~
Bat
Dirt
Night
Hotel
Eternity
Out
~Doodle chapter~
-Part One: Act Two, Blade-
~Doodle chapter 2~
~Author's Note 3~
Kiss
Puke
Ambush
~Author's Note 4~
Ambush 2
~New Story Announcement~
Kishibe
Preparation
Clash
~Obligatory Kinda Canon Christmas Special~
-Part One: Act Three, Flames-
Human
Feint
Sparks
Crackle
Lightning

Trap

699 29 11
By daTruthS33k4r

"In this world, is the destiny of mankind controlled by some transcendental entity or law?

Is it like the hand of God hovering above?
At least it is true that man has no control; even over his own will."

~~~~~

Previously...

That one feeling in the back of his mind when he holds it, the feeling that is masked by all the others. It's so disgusting... Vile... Evil... It's like it's slowly bleeding out into his psyche.

But he feels so free as well...

The calm life does not suit him.

It's been a while since he killed something.

~~~~~

Y/n danced with his sword, executing movements no one should with a sword that large. The fluidity of the blade slicing through the air with a loud thwip. He was bored.

He breathed out, his strikes containing incredible precision and power as he sang at the air around him. With one last strike he performed another harsh horizontal slash, the air whipping outwards, making the doors surrounding him creak.

The same child who was on the run, lugging around an antique longsword, so afraid of what life had to bring. The world molded and forged him into a beast of mankind, an undesirable, a monster. Countless heads fell from Y/n's might, the amount of blood spilled to rival a devil itself. It was odd, Y/n thought, that he was still alive. He was afflicted with this curse in his adolescent years, and here he was, standing.

He sighed out as he looked around at the drywall and doors around him. He gripped the blade in his hand tight. He wanted to leave already. He wanted to leave everything.

The thing is, what would he do then?

The curse would never leave him. His dreams continue to haunt him regardless. And some devils always seem to find him, calling for his death. And now the fact that he is tied up in this Public Safety bullshit. What should he do-

That wasn't even a question in Y/n's mind.

He'll follow his own path and do what he must. He must keep living, for the inextinguishable live he lives laughs in the face of all devil kind.

He grinned at the thought of that. He had a feeling things were going to get more daunting from here, and he was ready. He had not choice.

Y/n was shook out of his thoughts when he felt his mark pulse in the direction of the group, thankfully he wasn't too far. He dashed over towards the group, seeing Himeno giving Aki a cigarette.

"That's a kiss! And indirect kiss! No fair!" Denji yelled out in betrayal, must've been about that agreement...

"Shut up." Aki said silencing the boy. He notices the arrival of Y/n.

"Ah, just in time too. I got some bad news..."

"Spill it."

"Remember that devil we killed?"

"You mean the one I killed!?" Power said in clear triumph.

"Yeah, well... It's gotten bigger... A lot bigger..."

Y/n felt the mark pulse as crimson liquid poured out of it. He knew this was it.

The squad looked at the devil, a pulsating mass of flesh. Arms, legs, faces, and other body parts mishapen and disfigured all covered by skin.

"I thought I killed it..."

"Trapping us in this hotel... A form like nothing I've seen... What kinda devil is this thing!?"

"Human... Humans... Foolish humans, I offer you a contract..."

"The thing can speak?"

"It spoke!"

"A contract?" Aki inquired.

"Let me eat the humans named Denji and Y/n... Dead or alive... Feed them to me and I'll return all of you other devil hunters to the outside unharmed... Make a contract with me..." The devil gurgled out.

"Shit... What fucking luck..." Y/n said under his breath. The group turned around when the door creaked open, revealing Kobeni.

With a knife.

"Denji... Y/n... Let it eat you..."

"Ah shit-"

"YAHAHAHDHAHSHGDHSH!!!" she charged at the group with surprising speed. Y/n punched the knife out of her hand as Himeno landed an elbow into her solar plexus. She landed on the cold floor her eyes still open in shock. Y/n sighed, and picked her up onto his shoulder.

"What a pain..."

He walked off into a room and put her on its bed, making sure she wasnt going to spaz out again.

"Damn, Kobeni..."

He then left the room and closed the door behind him.

He watches as Aki tries summoning the Fox devil to no avail, cementing the fact that they are completely cut off from the outside.

"Alright then, I'll finish it with my ghost." Himeno said, clenching her fist. Chunks of the devil came off as she let loose her assault as it cried in pain.

It then started growing towards the woman, making her backpedal.

"Crap... It got even bigger!"

"It's no use... This is not my real body... My heart is not here. This is inside my stomach. My weak point is not in the eighth floor... Making a contract with me is the only way you shall live..."

Everyone in the group was obviously freaked out, letting the terror truly set in.

Except a couple people of course.

"Whatever! Even if they kill me, you're not gonna let them out anyway!" Denji said to the grotesque devil.

"No, it will." Himeno replied countering his argument.

"The devil called it a contract. When devils use it, the word contract has a lot of power. If one party honors the contract, the other party has to honor it too. When you don't hold up your end of the deal, you die."

She then looked at both Denji and Y/n.

"So it's true, we can get out of here if we kill you."

The door opposite to the one Y/n laid Kobeni in creaked open, revealing a blanket covered Arai.

"Miss Himeno... We should kill them... We can kill them for now and come up with a counter plan after we get out... At this rate we'll all starve to death right here in the hotel-"

"Fat fucking chance."

Y/n interrupted. He stared down Arai, who flinched under his gaze.

"Are you that weak that you immediately resort to killing your own team? No other plans? Nothing? I thought you would've realized it by now..."

He turns to the devil.

"This fucking thing wants us for a reason, it'll benefit from it somehow... My mark and Denji's chainsaw shit is prolly why it wants us..."

He then looks back at Arai.

"Do yourself a favor and calm yourself down. I ain't exactly trying to die y'know."

"I won't take this contract. I feel the same." Aki agreed.

"Me neither then." Said Himeno.

"But-"

"IM ON TEAM KILL DENJI AND Y/N!!" Power said of course.

"Seriously!?" Denji said with expected betrayal.

She reiterates that she has a nobel prize to win, which Aki shuts down by saying fiends can't create contracts with other friends or devils, so it wouldn't even be oblogayed to let them out.

"We're devil hunters... We only kill devils."

~~~~~

Y/n sits inside the room with Kobeni, who is still knocked out, waiting...

He heard Aki and Himeno talk about a sword, and an increase in volume from Himeno suggested that they had a disagreement.

He hears a small whimpering sound from the bed as he sees Kobeni wake up.

Her eyes shoot open as she sees Y/n across from her.

"WAH- oh my no no no- uh!?"

"Damn, slow down please?"

She sniffles, some tears spring in her eyes making Y/n Internally sigh.

"I-Im so sorry... I don't wanna kill you!!!"

She then immediately starts crying, apologizing profusely to the man, making him sweatdrop.

"I just- I don't know what to do!"

"Kobeni."

"What are we gonna do?Werestuckinherewithnoescapeandnowwehavetokilltheguyihaveacrushon??I'm scared!"

"Kobeni!"

"Ineverwantedthisiwannagohomepleaseidontwannadiebutidontwantyoutodietoo!"

"Kobeni!!"

"Ohhhmygodidontknowwhattodo...itspoweryesitcouldbepowersheisavilefiendshe...shecouldbeworkingagainstusandplottingourdemiserightnow!"

"Shit, KOBENI!"

"I JUST WANNA GO HOME!!"

"DAMN IT!"

He feels the area rumble as he races over towards Kobeni and scoops her up while bursting out of the room to see the devil growing tremendously. He follows the group, running along with them.

"Kill Denji and Y/n... Give me their hearts..." The thing said as the whole group double-timed it.

"I expand with fear... And ensure with fear... Your deaths are guaranteed..."

"Feel more fright."

"Dread death."

"Fear everything."

"The one who will kill the Chainsaw and the cursed blood... Will be me... The Eternity Devil."

It then stops growing as the whole domain tilts, showing the devil's large maw.

"GIVE ME THEIR HEARTS!!!"

The group looked over its gaping maw, eagerly waiting for it's meal.

Kobeni struggled against Y/n's iron grip, clawing at the ground and him.

"Please! We can kill Denji, right?? It can be fine with just him right!?"

"We're really in trouble now... Let's feed them to the devil now!" Arai said in partial agreement.

"I'll use the sword... Do I have your permission, Himeno?" Aki said, clearly anxious.

In response she uses her ghost to restrain Aki.

"Himeno!?"

"Hey, the heck are you doing?!" Denji yelled out.

"If Aki uses the sword, we can probably get outside... But per the terms of the contract, using it will cut down a lot of his lifespan. There are still so many things Aki has to do... I'm sorry, Denji, Y/n."

Arai rushes at Y/n, struggling to restrain the man. Kobeni grapples with him as she pulls out her knife as well. If one looked closely, her eyes were completely void of anything but pure primal panic.

"GAHAHAHA!" Of course, Power watched in glee.

Aki ran towards Kobeni to try and intercept the knife, but was surprised when Y/n's hand pushed him away...

Letting the knife stab into his chest.

"Grk!"

"Fuck, Y/n!"

"Damn it!"

"What the hell man!?"

"Hah..."

Y/n stumbled slightly, the knife lodged in his abdomen. Kobeni's eyes shot open in complete terror while Arai grimaced. The top knot man looked on with complete terror and guilty, wishing he could've prevented this. Himeno covered her mouth.

"Heh..."

The large man quietly laughed out.

"Y'know... It's always shit like this... That brings out the worst of anybody..."

He glanced towards Aki.

"Aki."

His head perks up.

"I'll help ya kill the Gun Devil, I couldn't let you take blows meant for me. That... Sorry piece of shit still owes me a fight."

He heaved a little more, wrapping his hand around the knife.

"You ain't killing Denji... Either... he's trynna kill some devil's too, right? So... Suck it... Up!"

With a yell he pulls the knife out of himself, blood spewing from the wound.

Denji looked on with an emotion he hadn't experienced in a while. He couldn't let that slide.

"Power! You're a blood fiend right!? Can you stop the bleeding!?"

"Hmm.. I can only control my own blood freely, controllinf anothers blood is a difficult feat..."

She then marched towards Y/n, placing her hand on the wound.

"But if the edgelord dies, I won't have an arch rival anymore, so I suppose I must!"

"Since when was I your rival!?"

Himeno seemed to be in her own world as she falls to her knees, finally losing it.

"Ah... Aki! What do we do!? Fuck, Aki! What the hell do we do!??"

Kobeni looked at the knife with an extreme sense of guilt.

"Ah... It... It should've been you, Denji! I... Ah..."

Denji seemingly had enough, and waved everyone off with his hand.

"All right already! Fine! I'll go get eaten."

"Really? That's good..."

"But I ain't going down without a fight! And if I do kill that devil dead..."

He looks towards Himeno.

"I want my kiss. I haven't forgotten about that, got it?"

"Do you have a strategy to beat it?" Power asked, curious."

"It's gonna hurt like hell, but... I'll bust out the chainsaws."

"Ch-chainsaws?"

"I dunno why, but that devils scared if my chainsaws! So scared that it doesn't want to mess with me! That's why it keeps trying to get you guys to kill me! That curse thingy is prolly why it wants Y/n too. And also that devil was crying out in pain when those attacks hit!"

He looks towards the rest of the group, a look in his eyes reminiscent of the squad's sword bearer.

"If it hates pain so much... I can just torment it until it wants to die! I'll make it kill itself!"

"Now you're thinking like a devil!"

"You tried to help me out, shit face! Mind your own business. And you, you edgy prick! You took that shit and still defended me! I ain't interested in owing anybody any debts!"

He pulled his cord.

"If we get out of here, we're all even!"

He leaps off the hallway wall, and into the gaping mouth of the devil. It slams shut...

Nothing is heard until the roar of a chainsaw is heard as Denji bursts out of the thing, fully transformed into the Chainsaw Man.

They fight it out as the group talks in worry of Denji.

"Denji is losing blood fast... If he loses too much his chainsaws would retract- huh!?"

She feels Y/n stand up abruptly. He slowly unsheathes his sword as he walks over towards the ledge.

"Having fun down there? I bet you are..."

"Y/n, what are you doing!? You're a human you know!!" Aki said in desperation.

"Yeah... I know..."

"This thing doesn't know what a mortal can do!"

"Fuck, Y/n you better not!" Himeno yelled out in desperation.

"... See ya."

He jumps down, the air whistling by him as he heaves the sword up, a crazed look on his face as he slams it down onto the devil, making it cry out in agony.

"Eh!? Y/n!? The hell you doing here!? Y'know you can't just regrow shit like me!" Denji said in disbelief as he continued trying to slash through the devil's overwhelming blows. 

"Did you really think I'd let that stop me?" Y/n replied with a blood thirsty grin.

"Besides... I haven't been able to let loose in a while!"

~~~~~

Annnnnnnd that's a wrap, everybody! Thanks a lot for reading! I'm kinda proud of how this chapter went, I had a lot of ideas, I hope they meshed together well... Let me know if you have any questions, comments, concerns, etc. Or if you just wanna say hello! I can't wait until we get into the later arcs as well, so watch out for that! Thanks you guys! Buh bye :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

160K 4.7K 32
Y/N is an American working for the Public Safety Devil Hunters in Japan at the request of Makima. Talented and hungry to fight devils, Y/N is a model...
11.3K 113 12
"You fell to the ground seeing your father slap you and drinking beer at the same time and saying "YOU'RE THE REASON SHE DIED," You said to yourself...
27.1K 853 9
"Yeah! Kick his balls, Denji! Do the ol' dick twist!" "(Y/n)! Stop encouraging him!" (Y/n) (L/n), an 18-year-old, freshly out of high school decides...
2.2K 37 7
!!!ONLY CONTAINS THE FIRST VOLUME!!! Check out @HayakawaAki to enjoy the rest! INFO: Did you just finish Chainsaw Man? Are you depressed because of...