𝐒𝐔𝐍 | 𝐇𝐔𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐑 𝐆𝐀𝐌�...

By noniemoon

SUN | HUNGER GAMES | JOHANNA MASON "𝘛𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘸𝘦 𝘮𝘢𝘺 𝘧𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘪𝘯 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘌𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦 𝘸𝘦 𝘰�... More

𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐆𝐑𝐀𝐏𝐇
𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐈
→ 𝐂𝐀𝐒𝐓
→ 𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐘𝐋𝐈𝐒𝐓
→ 𝐈.𝐈
→ 𝐈.𝐈𝐈
→ 𝐈.𝐈𝐈𝐈
→ 𝐈.𝐈𝐕
→ 𝐈.𝐕
→ 𝐈.𝐕𝐈
→ 𝐈.𝐕𝐈𝐈
→ 𝐈.𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈
→ 𝐈.𝐈𝐗
→ 𝐈.𝐗
→ 𝐈.𝐗𝐈
→ 𝐈.𝐗𝐈𝐈
→ 𝐈.𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈
→ 𝐈.𝐗𝐈𝐕
→ 𝐈.𝐗𝐕
→ 𝐈.𝐗𝐕𝐈
→ 𝐈.𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈
→ 𝐈.𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐈𝐈
→ 𝐂𝐀𝐒𝐓
→ 𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐘𝐋𝐈𝐒𝐓
→ 𝐈𝐈.𝐗𝐈𝐗
→ 𝐈𝐈.𝐗𝐗
→ 𝐈𝐈.𝐗𝐗𝐈
→ 𝐈𝐈.𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈
→ 𝐈𝐈.𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈
→ 𝐈𝐈.𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐕
→ 𝐈𝐈.𝐗𝐗𝐕
→ 𝐈𝐈.𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈
→ 𝐈𝐈.𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈
→ 𝐈𝐈.𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈
→ 𝐈𝐈.𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐗
→ 𝐈𝐈.𝐗𝐗𝐗
→ 𝐈𝐈.𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈
→ 𝐈𝐈.𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈
→ 𝐈𝐈.𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐈𝐈𝐈
→ 𝐂𝐀𝐒𝐓
→ 𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐘𝐋𝐈𝐒𝐓
→ 𝐈𝐈𝐈.𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐕
→ 𝐈𝐈𝐈.𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐕
→ 𝐈𝐈𝐈.𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈
→ 𝐈𝐈𝐈.𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈
→ 𝐈𝐈𝐈.𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈
→ 𝐈𝐈𝐈.𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐗
→ 𝐈𝐈𝐈.𝐗𝐋
→ 𝐈𝐈𝐈.𝐗𝐋𝐈
→ 𝐈𝐈𝐈.𝐗𝐋𝐈𝐈
→ 𝐈𝐈𝐈.𝐗𝐋𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐈𝐕
→ 𝐈𝐕.𝐗𝐋𝐈𝐕
→ 𝐈𝐕.𝐗𝐋𝐕
→ 𝐈𝐕.𝐗𝐋𝐕𝐈
→ 𝐈𝐕.𝐗𝐋𝐕𝐈𝐈
→ 𝐈𝐕.𝐗𝐋𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈
→ 𝐈𝐕.𝐗𝐋𝐈𝐗
→ 𝐈𝐕.𝐋
→ 𝐈𝐕.𝐋𝐈
→ 𝐈𝐕.𝐋𝐈𝐈
→ 𝐈𝐕.𝐋𝐈𝐈𝐈
→ 𝐈𝐕.𝐋𝐈𝐕
→ 𝐈𝐕.𝐋𝐕
→ 𝐈𝐕.𝐋𝐕𝐈
→ 𝐈𝐕.𝐋𝐕𝐈𝐈
→ 𝐈𝐕.𝐋𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈
→ 𝐈𝐕.𝐋𝐈𝐗
𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐕
→ 𝐕.𝐋𝐗𝐈
→ 𝐕.𝐋𝐗𝐈𝐈
→ 𝐕.𝐋𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈
→ 𝐕.𝐋𝐗𝐈𝐕
→ 𝐕.𝐋𝐗𝐕
→ 𝐕.𝐋𝐗𝐕𝐈
→ 𝐕.𝐋𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈
→ 𝐕.𝐋𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈
→ 𝐕.𝐋𝐗𝐈𝐗
→ 𝐕.𝐋𝐗𝐗
→ 𝐕.𝐋𝐗𝐗𝐈
𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐕𝐈
→ 𝐕𝐈.𝐋𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈
→ 𝐕𝐈.𝐋𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈
→ 𝐕𝐈.𝐋𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐕
→ 𝐕𝐈.𝐋𝐗𝐗𝐕
→ 𝐕𝐈.𝐋𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈
→ 𝐕𝐈.𝐋𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈

→ 𝐈𝐕.𝐋𝐗

1K 41 6
By noniemoon

.

ACT IV
CHAPTER LX

the execution of the plan

IT IS DARK when the 6 victors-turned-tributes have reached the lightening tree. The moon illuminates the tree so they can see it. Thana hangs back with Finnick, not leaving his side yet as he is still a little absent, as is she herself. It is noticeable that they are doing so, but none have the energy to say something about it. The mental exhaustion is already kicking in, but they know that adrenaline can change that right around. It is the waiting, the endless waiting and just going on since the stupid announcement that they would have to return or at least had a chance to return. Of course, Johanna and Katniss would always go in. But for the others there was a possibility of being on the sidelines.

"Minimal charring, it's an impressive conductor," Beetee says mostly to himself. "Let's get started." He moves towards the tree, his wire still in his hand.

"It's an impressive tree," Thana grins at Johanna as she slightly bumps into Finnick as she walks forwards, spinning in her heels to face Johanna. "How long would it take our own tree to take it down?"

"You child," Johanna rolls her eyes as she follows Beetee towards the tree. Not answering the question eventhough it is directed at her.

"But you like me anyway," Thana muses, trying to ease the silent tension Beetee's plan brought to the group. "Anyway, why is a tree a good conductor?"

...

"Typically, a lightning strike contains 5 billion joules of energy," Beetee says, waving his wire around the large tree. "We don't want to be anywhere near the vicinity when it hits."

"Nor do we want to be near the beach," Thana points out. "So, time is key here."

"You three girls go together now," Beetee orders, walking towards them with his wire. "Take this," he says to Katniss. "Unspool it carefully, make sure the entire coil is in the water, you understand?" He looks all three of them in the eyes. "Then head to the tree in the two o'clock centre, we will meet you there." He starts to walk back to his creation.

"I am going with them as a guard," Peeta says, not wanting to be parted from Katniss.

"No," Beetee disagrees, "no, no, no, you are staying here to protect me." A little pause, "and the tree." They all look at each other, and Thana slowly makes her way back to Finnick.

"No, I need to go with her," Peeta says more passionately now.

"There are two careers out there," Beetee counters, "I need two guards." Katniss looks around as well.

"Finnick can protect you just fine on his own," Peeta tries again.

"Yeah, why can't Finnick, Johanna, and Thana stay with you and Peeta, and I will take the coil." Katniss starts to argue as well.

"We will not split two to four," Thana speaks up, "Beetee doesn't need three protectors, and three people with the coil is perfect for walking and guarding at the same time." She receives an annoyed look from Katniss, but the girl from 9 just shrugs. It is the truth.

"You all agreed to keep me alive till midnight, correct?" Beetee asks directly to Katniss.

"It is his plan," Johanna speaks up, "we all agreed to it."

"Is there a problem here?" Finnick adds to the disagreement, leaning softly with his arm on Thana's shoulder. The girl grins at his statement. There is no way the love birds could disappear together on their watch.

"Excellent question," Beetee says, looking intensely at Katniss.

"No," the girl on fire says softly, retreating. "There is no problem." The girl walks over to her lover boy, giving him a soft kiss. "I'll see you at midnight." She gives him a pointed look as she nods a few times.

At the same time, Thana smiles up at Finnick. "Give it back to me at midnight," she whispers, offering him her necklace. "A promise everything will work out fine."

"I'll see you and Jo there," Finnick says, giving her a quick hug. "Keep each other safe."

"Alright, let's go." Johanna says as she already starts to walk away, waiting for Katniss, who holds the coil and Thana to walk as last.

...

The three girls work together perfectly. Handing the coil to each other after some time, helping each other down large stones, holding each other's weapons. It all goes smoothly as the darkness starts to spread again in the arena. The noise of the jungle sounds even creepier than it does during sun hours.

"Come on," Johanna says, "I want to put as much distance between me and this beach as possible. Frying is not how I want to go."

"I bet red would suit you perfectly though," Thana says without thinking, not seeing that Johanna's mouth hangs a little open.

Not a second later, Katniss tries to pull the coil that all at once doesn't give in anymore. "There is something..." the pulls again, and again with no results. And then it gives in, the coil flies out of Katniss's hand.

All three girls take out their weapons as Brutus's face comes into their view. As Katniss readies her bow, Johanna hits her.

Johanna sits down on Katniss who has fallen and takes her arm, Thana stands ready to hit anyone who comes too close. Her sickles spin dangerously in her hands as Johanna sets a knife in Katniss her arm. The girl on fire screams it out and Johanna tries to shush her.

"They are coming," Thana whispers as she readies herself even more.

"Stay down," Johanna urges to Katniss, putting her bloody hands on her neck to give the appearance that she is already dead or dying. She then throws the knife towards Brutus and Enobaria who duck away. Giving Johanna and Thana a chance to get away from them.

Thana takes the other direction as Johanna goes right. Thana notices that Enobaria and Brutus follow her, making her unsure of what to do. But she decides to follow them.

"Johanna, Thana, where are you?" Finnick's voice booms through the trees.

Thana is long gone by then, as she runs after district two.

...

BOOM! Thana's sickle hits bulls' eye, right through Brutus his head as she sees him corner Peeta. The boy nods to her in thanks. Thana offers her arm to help the boy stand.

"Come, we need to find the others." She says, "I am sure Johanna is near, though."

"I thought she was fighting with Enobaria." Peeta muffles his pained cries. "You should go to her."

"And leave you here alone," Thana shakes her head, "we are allies, Peeta. I am not leaving you like this. Your leg got hurt badly again. That is not good."

"How are you still standing?" Peeta muses as they slowly walk in the direction they think Johanna is. "Your back looks like shit and your shoulder as well."

"Survival instinct and adrenaline," Thana says honestly, "besides, there is nothing worse than an infected thigh, but you know all about that. Though I never truly lost my leg."

"Yeah," Peeta grimaces, "let's not talk about that."

The clouds start to rumble as Thana and Peeta get closer and closer to noise. They step over the body from Chaff and see Johanna and Enobaria in the distance.

After the first strike of lightning, they see something go up. After darkness spreads over them as everything falls away.

"What the fuck," they hear Johanna say. And it stays silent for a while, none of the 4 victors turned tributes makes a sound, makes a move.

From the sky things start to fall, and Thana only just manages to push Peeta out of the way, so he is safe from it. She herself, Thana rolls out of the way. But because of the uneven floor in the jungle, she rolls away farther than expected. Sunlight reappears and almost blinds them.

"Thana!" She hears Johanna scream as the girl from 7 barely saw her friend roll away.

A mess of complete chaos, fire, and broken things surround Thana as she looks up into the sky. Her brain does not understand what is happening. Maybe she got hit by lighting, maybe all of this was a bad dream, and she would wake up back in 9 with her brother still alive.

It feels like infinity that Thana is stuck in her daze-like state. It could've been a mere minute, or an hour it so. Then a hovercraft appears, and with it a cage-like thing to grab fallen trees. Thana is not sure what she is seeing anymore, of what is happening.

But the lower it gets, the more it looks like it is going to fall on her, in her half awake, barely conscious state, Thana gets grasped from the jungle floor and she slowly starts to rise towards the light.

So, this is what dying feels like, the girl thinks to herself, as the blinding light is the last thing she sees. Unsure of her friends and her own fate, but hopeful their plan succeeded.

END OF ACT IV

.

Nora speaking here!
Act IV is finished as well, before I start act V I am probably going to take a small break. I expect to start updating towards the ending of October (unless I really feel inspired and find some time and energy in my busy life)

Also, I am not really sure what to do about some events. Like what happens to Finnick, or the reuniting of the Jardin family, the reuniting of Thana and Rohan and so much more. And for certain things I need to think before I start writing the next act.

Anyway, thank you so much for reading this story. You guys are one of the reasons Thana keeps on living and bothering me in my brain. Thank you for that <33

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

378K 10.6K 24
//𝙛𝙞𝙣𝙣𝙞𝙘𝙠 𝙤𝙙𝙖𝙞𝙧 𝙭 𝙤𝙘 // ❝ 𝙇𝙮𝙣𝙭 𝙈𝙞𝙡𝙡𝙚𝙧 - 𝘋𝘪𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘪𝘤𝘵 5'𝘴 '𝘓𝘪𝘵𝘵𝘭𝘦 𝘚𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘬' - 𝘣𝘦𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘷𝘪𝘤𝘵𝘰�...
420K 8.6K 112
• pre-hunger games -> post-mockingjay pt 2 • Finnick Odair X female OC •I edit as I post the chapters (if I can be bothered) A story in which two...
3.7K 214 13
━━ 🌿 𝐖𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐎𝐖 ❛ In which, they love each other, but neither one can admit it, not even to themselves. ❜ ❪ the hunger games ❫ ❪ catching fire ━...