The Tale of a Tale Teller's U...

By jopay0223

Author's Note. This story consists personal events that happened in real life, which some were altered to fit... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7

Chapter 6

68 15 2
By jopay0223

-Jomar's POV-

Looking at Jelo and Marjorie, I remembered that we were set to take Mara to school. Just like what I promised her last night. "Jelo, ganyan ka na? Magbibihis ka pa o maliligo?" She just looked at me weirdly, basically asking me 'why?'.

"Papasok si Mara, ihatid natin. Maligo ka na Mara." Both of them just looked at me, mouth stuffed with foods. Kung malayo lang age gap ng dalawang to, iisipin ko talagang mag nanay sila. Parehas na ambagal kumain at mapili.

"Bilisan niyo na kumain jan. Male late ka jan Marjorie." Marjorie just pushed the plate, and swiftly went to her room shouting the words 'ayoko na, maliligo na ako!'. I heard Jayson chuckled and heard him say something in the lines of "bangad". Jelo was about to do the same, but I held her hand to prevent her from standing.

"Ubusin mo yang pagkain mo, konti nalang yan." She just pursed her lips then shakes her head 'no'; she started to tug her hand, trying to remove my grip so she can stand. I grabbed her plate with my other hand, cutting a piece of pancake for her to eat. I guess she realizes that she does not have any choice but to finish her plate before she goes and take a shower. She let me feed her until her plate was empty.

"Mare may kamay ka mare." I heard Pres. Katrina say while laughing. I even saw her from my peripheral vision that she turned to Frank and jokingly asked him to feed her.

"Ligo na ako!" she stood up and ran fastly, basically copying what Marjorie did earlier. I felt the rest of them looking at me, so I turned my gaze on them.

"Bakit po?" their looks on me were weird, as if I just had another head pop out of my neck. They just shook their head and stood up, going to the living room. Loko, yung mga pinagkainan nila. I just picked up the soiled dishes and went to the room to prepare clothes for Jelo to wear.

As she got out of the room, I noticed that she wasn't wearing the clothes I brought out for her. She was wearing the brown shirt she stole from me when we had our Campus-based Leadership Training and a black cyclist shorts. I looked at her while waiting for Mara to go out, I remembered what happened last night.

As I was touching her hair, she suddenly woke up and smiled at me.

Mara suddenly went out shouting "Kuya! Ma-le-late na ako!" Jelo grabbed a black baseball cap and put on her white sneakers. Pulling Mara out of the unit. Mas nagpa panic pa siya, masyadong OA. Mukha pa siyang rich na nanay.

-Third Person POV-

"Kuya, ihatid lang namin si Marjorie." Jomar informed Raphael and the others, in return, Raphael only nodded his head. "Ako, bespren. Sama ako." Jayson stood up before Jomar can say anything. They head out immediately, leaving the body watching a movie. Seryoso pa silang nanonood.

"May allowance ka pa o na-ubos mo na sa shopping?" Jomar looked at Marjorie at the backseat through the rear mirror. She opened her bag, took her wallet and looked at it. "Wala na." sighing, he reached for his wallet and took out a thousand peso bill. Ang gastos, parang si Jelo. "Hanggang bukas na sana yan. Susunduin ka naman namin mamayang uwian mo." She just nodded and giggled like a little spoiled brat. Parang hindi nakikinig.

Jomar glanced at Jelo who was just looking at him while smiling. "Pwede ka na maging tatay hahahahahaha." She told him, making herself laugh hard, same as through with Jayson on the back. Marjorie was still out of touch from reality. Hindi niya na kailangang mag candy for lunch, may nag sponsor na sa kanya.

"Tama yan ading bespren, tapos ikaw nanay." Jayson said making her to stop laughing and snapping Marjorie back to reality, making her laugh.

"Tama na kayo, bumaba ka na Marjorie. Yang pera, wag mo uubusin. Ang gastos mo pa naman, mana ka kay Jelo." Marjorie went out of the vehicle while giggling like a child. Before he can even maneuver the car to go ahead, she knocked on the driver's window. "Syempre nanay ko yon eh hahahahaha. Pero thank you kuya. Thank you talaga." She gave him a sincere smile then looked at the shotgun grinning like a child. "Bye 'Te!" Before Jomar can even comprehend anything and react to her appreciation, she just turned around swiftly and ran towards the gate, greeting the guard on her way in.

"Ako mag drive." Jelo was tugging the hem of his shirt like a lost kid. He parked the car swiftly on the side of the road and stared at her. Pondering whether to let her or no. Kotse niya naman yon, kaso tatlong buhay ang nakasalalay sa kanya. Pero yung tingin niya, parang nagmamakaawa, parang batang nanghihingi ng candy. Jomar snapped out of his thoughts, looked at Jayson at the back then the road full of traffic. "Loko, madaming sasakyan."

"Yan, tama yan bespren. Wag ka'ng pumayag." Jayson was delighted with his decision. His heart was beating fast earlier with the anticipation of whether he lets her drive the car or not. Knowing that his life depends on his friend's decision. He became at ease and even crossed his legs while his arms went behind his head. Relaxing as if he was on the beach.

-*-

"Kuya? Malapit na kami jan. Bakit? Yun lang? Wala ng ibang kailangan na bilhin? Sure, kayong wala sa mga lagayan ni Jelo? Bakit bigla namang daming kailangan bilhin? Sige garod Kuya Joleng. Hallah, alak na naman? Grabe ka na Ped." On their way back to the unit, stuck at traffic, Jolever called them. Asking for them to buy food and other necessities. Si ped, necessity sa kanya yung alak, charot.

Their timing was just right, since a convenience store was just around the corner.

"Ito lang lahat bespren?" Jomar nods and proceed to head for the counter, Jayson pushing the cart and Jelo right on his back. Scanning the items, Jomar realized, they bought a lot. "Bespren, wag mo muna ilagay lahat, lalo na yung di masyadong importante."

"No, It's okay. Sige lang kuya Jayson, ilagay mo na yan lahat. I'll pay for it na lang since you're all doing this for me naman." Jelo smiled and went near the counter. Looking at the monitor while the cashier lady scans the goods.

"Your total is twelve thousand five hundred sixty-eight and fifty-two cents, Ma'am. May valued customer card po kayo Ma'am?" the lady looks at her after asking her. She just nodded and gave the value card. "Would you pay cash or card Ma'am?" the lady returns the value card.

"Card." Jelo puts back her value card and takes out a black card. Shuta, black card. Debit.

The three went out of the store quickly after paying. Two baggers helped to carry the boxes to their car. Jomar and Jayson still out of touch from reality, still shaken up with Jelo's black debit card. Jelo grabbed the car key from the still shocked Jomar and opened the trunk for the store staff to put the boxes. "Ito po Kuya, thank you po sa pag tulong." Jelo took out two yellow bills from her wallet and gave it to the store staff. After they accepted the cash and said thank you; they immediately went back inside the establishment. Jelo runs after she saw a beggar on the side of the store. The two were still shocked, looking at her. She gave the beggar a bunch of bills and smiled, running back to their place.

"Tara na, Kuya Jayson ikaw na sa harap. Inaantok ako, traffic naman, pwedeng mag idlip hehe." She held Jomar's hands and put the car key back. She swiftly opened the door of the backseat and went in. a few seconds pass by and the two were still standing behind the car. Becoming impatient, she pressed the car's honk multiple times until the two went back to reality.

True to her words, they got stuck on traffic. "Hello? Yes, this is Jeleina. Yes, I would like to place a reservation for lunch. Yes, there would be 13 people coming. Seafood boil, Pork Sinigang, Chicken Wings, Pork Sisig, Beef Tenderloin, Pasta, and Rice. Flavor? Anything available. Yes, we'll just have soda and cucumber lemonade. Oh! And a piña colada. Yes, we would just go down later. Before twelve I guess? Yes, yes, thank you."

"Bakit? Sino yon?" Jomar can't help but ask.

"Restau sa baba, matagal pa ata kasi yung traffic. Para din hindi na masyadong madami yung i pe prepare." Jelo's answer left him speechless. He doesn't know what to say. He just nodded and looked at Jayson with disbelief.

A few minutes later, Jelo was already sleeping at the back. "Black debit card bespren." Jayson said with disbelief. As if ngayon lang nag sink in sa utak niya.

-*-

"Grabe." Jelo grabbed a throw pillow and plumped her body to the couch. She must be that exhausted to be that exaggerated. Jolever turned to her and asked her why. "Nakakapagod pala tignan yung na less na balance sa bangko Kuya." Their worried eyes turned to disbelief and a few seconds later, they were all laughing.

Raphael shook his head sideways and went to her side. "Ilan na naman ba na gastos mo?" She remained silent and just handed her phone. "Bakit ang laki naman neto? Grocery at lunch!? Papunta na ng singkwenta mil to." Raphael shouted.

Gerfred looked at Jomar. "Ba't ano mga binili niyo Jomar?" he just pointed at the groceries at the doorway. There were 2 big boxes and 5 plastic bags full of groceries.

"Hindi pa din talaga nagbabago si Jeleina." Jolever said. Rocel agreed with him. "Hanggang ngayon magasto pa rin sa atin."

Raphael and Jolever was about to scold her and tell her she did not have to do that, but her phone rang. She answered the call and put it in a loud speaker. "Ma'am, the family room is already set. You can come down here anytime now. The appetizers are already served. I would just like to confirm your order. Seafood boil, 2 serving of Pork Sinigang, 8 sets of 16 pcs. Chicken Wings, 2 Pork Sisig, Beef Tenderloin, a family platter each of Pesto and Alfredo Pasta, and Rice for Entrée. Soda, cucumber lemonade, and piña colada, for drinks. Is that right Ma'am?" she just confirms with a short reply. "We would just like to inform you Ma'am that the establishment threw in some additional dishes for free. 3 sets of fresh oyster. Salmon and asparagus. Grilled Sharks Meat. And Ratatouille. We also threw in 2 chocolate cakes and cut fresh fruits. Thank you Ma'am." The staff ended the call.

Everyone looked at Raphael, waiting for his reaction. "May magagawa pa ba ako? Na-prepare na, nanjan na." although his words were of accepting the decisions made. He looked at her with disappointing eyes. Not wanting to hurt her anymore, because it was just her mannerism to do those kind of things for them, he told everybody to prepare so they could all go down to eat.

-*-

"Ate anong oras mo ako susunduin?" They were all eating already when Mara called Jelo. "Tapos na ba klase mo?" she just responded with a yes then ended the call. Jelo texted her that she's already on her way.

She then looked at Jomar sheepishly. "Ok lang ba kung ikaw lang susunod sa kanya?" Jomar nodded and was about to stand up and head to the unit to get the key when she told him to stay and called a staff. "Yes Ma'am?"

"Well, I was told I have a different vehicle? Beside from the Toyota Camry? I was wondering if I have a motorcycle?" She asked the staff, with hopeful eyes.

"Yes Ma'am, actually you have multiple. We can take you to your basement for you to choose. We'll just have a golf cart called for you too be taken to your vehicle collection. We'll have you called once the cart arrives." The staff smiled and then went to the reception to make a call.

Kung kanina, si Jayson at Jomar lang ang natulala at di makapaniwala? Ngayon, pati siya. Lahat sila.

-*-

"Do you want us to walk you through every vehicle you have Ma'am?" Jomar and Jelo was shocked to see the vehicles inside the basement. It was all hers, from the cars, SUVs, Pick-up, motorcycles, and other kind of vehicles. "No, uhmm we just need a motorcycle for him to drive to fetch Marjorie. Para lang maiiwasan yung traffic." To tell that she was overwhelmed was an understatement. She just wants to get over it and pretend she has a simple and quiet life. Loh, ang OA.

"He can take your favorite Ducati, Multistrada V2 S, if you want Ms." She just nodded and asked for the keys.

The staff just bowed and went on his way.

"Search mo nga magkano yan?" looking at the price that the internet provided, she just dismissed it and joked with Jomar, buong buhay na natin yan, ingatan mo hahahhahahaha.

-Jeleina's POV-

"Jelo, gising na." my body jolted up, making me sit down. I was gasping for air. I still can't believe my dream. All the cards in my wallet, the black debit card. The account balances. The foods I reserved for lunch. The cars and motorcycles. I even saw one of the motorcycle brands which has been my dream to buy ever since. One even costed for more than a million.

I stared at Jomar for a while and then slowly began to laugh. "Hulaan mo panaginip ko hahahahahhahaha." He just stared at me weirdly but asked me what.

"Ganito kasi hahahahhaha. Ang dami ko daw cards, mga debit, credit ganon hahahahhaha. Diko nga alam tawag dun sa iba. Gagi may black card pa. Tapos grabe, may basement daw ako dito na may mga tsikot at motor. Halos panay pa luxury. Mukha kong to? May ganon-?"

I stopped when he grabbed my wallet and flashed the cards in front of my face. He made me hold them and took out his phone. My face was written with pure shock as he pulled up a search history, the exact same thing in my dream. Panaginip nga ba? Reality? Grabe, yaman ko naman?

"Pati kami nagtataka kung bakit may mga ganyan ka. Kaninang sinundo ko si Marjorie, alam niya agad na motor mo. Para pa siyang nagtataka na kinakabahan." Jomar was questioning me, mostly Marjorie. She was the one who has been with me in this unit for long, probably siya may alam ng lahat.

We heard a knock at the door. Kuya Ped peeked his head through the slightly open door. "Jelo, may naghahanap sayo." I looked at jomar and then got up and sprinted to the living room. A guy holding flowers and foods. I notice him from the restaurant in my dream- reality, earlier. Marjorie swiftly went to my side and whispered. "Manliligaw mo yan Ate, may-ari ng restaurant sa baba. Business partner mo." Business partner?

"Flowers, I heard what happened. I hope you're doing fine already. I also refunded the foods you purchased earlier. And I forgot to tell my staffs to give you these. I know how you binge on pizza and donut. I also brought your favorite piña colada and poke bowl." I must say, he's handsome. Taller than jomar, he has bluish brown eyes, his complexion is fair, he looks like a foreigner yet you could also assert that he is of a filipino by blood.

I accepted the flowers while Kuya Jayson and Marjorie took the foods.

He took a few steps near me, smiling at me as he reached a feet in front of me. "I'll go now, I hope you get better everyday and remember me. I'm Ronn Anthony. You met me at school? Before first year, as a Medical Laboratory Science student. But I pursuit my dream of becoming a business man and cook for a living. You were the one who encouraged me. Thank you." He again smiled at me and tucked a few lose hair behind my ears. "Riri, you take care of your Ate Lai for me."

I was quite dumbfounded. I never would have guessed that someone would take a liking with me. But I do wish it was someone else, I just can't pinpoint who it is yet. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

402K 13.5K 53
Anhay Sharma:- Cold business tycoon who is only sweet for his family. He is handsome as hell but loves to stay away from love life. His female employ...
38.6K 4K 13
Maybe sometimes love needs a second chance because it was not ready for the first time 🥀... Ekansh Malohtra a youngest buisness tycoon (28).. A man...
1.7M 55.9K 75
Alexander, James and Skye were triplets. They were stolen from their family at the age of 4. The family searched for them day and night never giving...
Saved By Madison:)

General Fiction

836K 16.5K 33
Isabella Rose Romano A 13 year old to which love is something very unfamiliar to her. Having grown up in the foster system, it didn't come very often...