Adept in Peril

By Feran_meee

This follows the journey of a courageous teenager who navigates the turbulent waters of bullying and infatuat... More

Chapter I - Tug-of-activities.
Chapter II - School.
Chapter III - Family.
Chapter IV - Reasonable or Dumb.
Chapter V - The beginning or the bomb.
Chapter VI - Perseverance.
Chapter VII - Guilt.
Chapter VIII - An inkling of love.
✨Face Claim✨
Chapter IX - The brooding I.
Chapter X - The brooding II.
Chapter XI - A plan or not.
Chapter XII - Homecoming.
Chapter XIV - Thanksgiving.
Chapter XV - A glimpse.
Chapter XVI - The ride.
Chapter XVII - Uncanny aurora.
Chapter XVIII - Unraveling.

Chapter XIII - Dandelions or Waterleaf?

40 10 7
By Feran_meee

A/N
I'm actually writing exams now, so I might not upload till after that❤️.
Thank you all so much for 500+ reads, I really appreciate.
This chapter took me three days to write, I was also reading.
I'm dedicating this chapter to JennaDd7 Rostallion and Hanthoniaaa
Thank you❤️

CARLO'S POV

I came down from the car as my eyes went over the almost full parking lot - weekends are actually for enjoyment and hangouts. People were already taking pictures, giving the area a warm vibe.

Annie already texted that she was on her way but I was tired of sitting in the car and waiting so I decided to wait outside, the sun almost made me reconsider.

I leaned on the boot of the car, watching couples with hands interlocked walk in with smiles and giggles. Their faces were radiant with smiles and joy. I straightened up and dusted my chinos.

As I turned to enter the car as the sun was becoming unbearable, I noticed a familiar car drive into the parking lot. I had doubts but I decided to stall to find out who the occupant was.

My eyes widened as I saw Marcho come down from the car, dressed in a half-sleeve print t-shirt, loose shorts and a pair of sneakers. I even cleaned my eyes a few times with my sleeve.

I decided to walk over to him, as I could not remember telling him I was coming here.

I was hit with another bombshell as Clara came out of the passenger seat, she walked over to Marcho and held his hand.
She had on a black straight wig, slim fit ripped jeans and a crop top.

It was like they were on a date, but Marcho always complained about how he was forced to keep her company after that incident - maybe this was part of the company.

As if on cue, Clara swerved her head as if trying to double-check something.

"Carlo!" She called out as she waved her hands, tugging Marcho to come along.
I waved back, as I checked my watch.

"Hey, I never expected to see you here..."
Marcho began

"Me neither. Why don't you both go in, I'll join you later," I quickly suggested, as I did not want Annie to meet them here.

"No, I would love to see the lucky girl you're taking on a date. We'll wait, right Marcho?" Clara smirked, as she folded her hands.

I felt like giving Marcho a huge slap, he was the cause of all this. I tried giving him eye signals to take her in, but he ignored them.
My phone rang out, I peeked and saw that it was Annie calling so I excused myself.

"Hey, I'm at the gate. Where are you?"

"I'll come get you, just hold on,"

"Alright"

I gestured to Marcho that I was coming, as I jogged over to the gate. The parking lot was quite close to the gate.

I spotted Annie, grasping her bag looking so dazzling and beautiful.
Her face looked spotless and pristine like a perfect blend of peanut butter as it glistened. She had on a simple outfit - A black, slim-fit top and yellow checkered trouser. As simple as it sounded, it accentuated her beauty even more.

Her eyes searched everywhere apart from where I stood, I tucked my hands in my chinos as I approached her.
Few steps away, she turned.
When she finally saw me, her face lit up in smiles.

That. Made me smile.

She walked towards me too, Our faces beamed in smiles as we got closer.
I couldn't resist trying to hold her hand as we finally got to each other's front.

"I'm so glad you came,you look really cute," I gave a slight smile, as I put my hand in my pocket.

"I'm so glad you asked, I would have been bored the whole of today, thank you!" She tugged at the hand of her bag as a blush crept on her face.

"Well, let's hope the movie isn't boring, let's go in before it starts," I couldn't resist holding her hands, I guessed she noticed as she finally let go of her bag.

As I felt the warmth of her hands in mine, a pleasant shiver went down my spine.
I swallowed silently as we walked towards the black and white building.

It totally slipped my mind that Carlo and Marcho were still waiting for us.
I was dazed by reality when I saw them approach us.

Marcho looked like he wanted to be anywhere but here.
I turned to explain things to Annie, she just gave a little smile and nodded as if telling me not to worry.

"Hey Annie, I see you're the one he brought. Pathetic," Clara scoffed.

"If we're going to sit together, you'll have to be careful with your choice of words," I stated, as I glared at her already feeling disgusted.

"Let's just go in already," Marcho pleaded, as he pulled Clara in. Before she went in, she let out a loud hiss.

Annie's face was blank, a faint smile played on her lips as we entered the huge building.

Island view was another spectacular view, the hallway was well-lit as the wall was painted with beautiful graffiti, mini advertisements of new movies. People gathered around, taking pictures and admiring the hall.
Delicious scent of popcorn wafted across the hallway.

I loved the look on Annie's face as her eyes twinkled in appreciation of the beautiful view.
We got into the movie room, it was already dim-lighted, filled with comfortable red chairs.

We occupied a row in the middle column, I sat close to Annie, while Marcho sat between I and Clara.

"We forgot to get popcorn on our way," Clara pouted and complained.
I glanced at the big screen in front and found out they were still setting up. Enough time to get some popcorn.

"Oh no issue, I'll go get-" I volunteered.

"I'll come with you," Clara called out, before I had a chance to complete my sentence.

I almost swore as I squinted at Marcho, he avoided my eyes as he faced the blank screen.
I glanced at Annie, but she gave a smile and nodded.

"I want caramel popcorns abeg," Marcho finally spoke up.
I felt like hitting him on the head with my sneakers.

"Just plain for me," Annie whispered in a quiet voice.

"Alright, we'll be right back,"
Clara huffed as we moved towards the back of the large hall.

As we approached the popcorn vendor, she pulled me back. I turned and gave her a stern look.

"What's the matter?" I questioned boredly

"I wan-ted t-o tell you, no, confide in y-ou," She stammered as she glanced around.
She looked genuine, as she was so nervous.

"Alright, go on," I folded my hands and leaned on a nearby wall.

"I don't know who else to talk to, My best friend just betrayed me and..." She hesitated as her eyes darted from my face to her shoes a million times.

"See, if you're not ready to talk, let's just go in, they'll be waiting for us and the movie will be starting soon," I finally spoke, almost fed up.

"Fine! Actually, my dad a-buses me," She spoke slowly, picking her words one at a time.
My eyes went round as I finally joined the words together.

"Abuse?" I snapped in anger.

"Not that kind of abuse. He forces me to take on modeling shows I'm not so comfortable with. After that incident at school, he has made life unbearable for me, he- he-," She tried to continue, as she burst out crying.

I was so confused on what to do, I never expected this.
So I pulled her in a hug, as she soaked my white shirt in tears.

She pulled back and continued,
"We went to a clinic and the doctor said I was lucky that it was a depilatory cream so my hair was bound to grow fast, but he demeaned me and made me feel like a huge burden," She sniffed, and wiped her face.

A waft of pity flew across my heart. She was not saying a lot but it looks like she's been through a lot. Her eyes were already red. Few people passed by, giving us stares. The movie must have started already.

She stayed in my embrace for a while, as I thought of the best advice to give.

"Carlo!" I heard a familiar voice call out my name.
My neck swerved as I saw Annie staring at us with a confused look.
My jaw went slack.

Clara moved back and excused herself as she walked away.
I moved towards Annie, but her face held no emotion.

"I have to go, my dad is back. I'm sorry I could not stay, bye." She said emotionlessly as she walked away.

My words were stuck in my throat as everything happened so fast, I tried calling her but she walked so fast, almost running.

I laid huge curses on Marcho as I walked towards the hall, it was all his fault.

*****************************************
I don't know if I pity Clara...
What do you think about this chapter?
Drop comments and thoughts.
Don't forget to vote and share, please.
Till next time,

With love,
Férànmi❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.8K 1K 12
I was on my own, minding my miserable, meaningless life until he came along. Just like that, he walked majestically into my life as if he owned it. I...
782 465 56
6 high schoolers battle the expectations from their parents, their school and the society at large. Faced under such pressure each battle with their...
28.6K 7.9K 76
There's nothing wrong with a young teenage girl trying to be what she wants to be, but it's left for the world to realize that. When Jennifer arrives...
6.6K 2K 31
Everyone does not have the flawless life we all seem they have, some have obstacles to face, battles to fight and as teenagers, stages to over come...