The Fallen Angel And The Demo...

By Miss_Headache

The swordman didn't know what he was missing, until he met her. It all began innocently enough, neither of th... More

Chapter 1: The Forsaken
Chapter 2: Thunderstorm
Chapter 3: Arrivals and Departures
Chapter 4: Mutual Rescue
Chapter 5: Emerald Butterflies
Chapter 6: Cloudburst
Chapter 7: Absolution
Chapter 8: The Interlocking
Chapter 9: Revenge and Redemption
Chapter 10: Pieces Fall into Place
Chapter 11: Bitter Celebrations
Chapter 12: New Beginnings
Chapter 13: Untying Knots
Chapter 14: Life's Short
Chapter 15: Open Book
Chapter 16: Family Matters
Chapter 17: Day Off
Chapter 18: First Date
Chapter 20: Trouble Calls
Chapter 21: Parting Gifts
Chapter 22: Mission Failed
Chapter 23: Worst Case Scenario
Chapter 25: Corporate Curtain Falls

Chapter 24: Sneak Peak

420 11 2
By Miss_Headache

Two marines escort me to the infirmary, their tight grip on my arms making it clear that any attempt to resist would be futile. Panic courses through my veins as I consider my options.

What should I do? Zoro was left on deck, the marines attacking him, and he has SURRENDERED? What is he thinking? That idiot.

Is he stupid? I literally told him NOT to do this. What's the point of all this if he's going to fucking run towards danger? He's still injured, for fuck's sake. Desperation intertwines with fury within me as I contemplate my choices.

Once inside the sterile confines of the infirmary, the marines leave me alone in the room, waiting for the arrival of the doctor. I sit there, my mind racing with thoughts and plans. Time is of the essence—I must find a solution. No matter how, I cannot allow Zoro to throw away his life in an attempt to... I'm not entirely sure if he even has a strategy. Zoro isn't exactly known for meticulous planning.

As I gather my thoughts, the scolding inner voice is raging in my head. This is no one's but your fault. Zoro said it, he warned you. What did you think was going to happen? He said you didn't let him many options. He said he loves you.

"Couldn't he just fucking STAY AWAY?" I roar, my voice filled with anger, tears welling up in my eyes as my nails dig into the mattress beneath me.

At that moment, a man in a white coat enters the room, raising an eyebrow at my outburst while clearing his throat.

His tone is contemptuous as he asks me to sit so he can proceed with the examination, but I hardly pay him any mind. Suppressing my emotions, I attempt to gather my thoughts. Zoro will likely be taken to the ship's prison, at least for now. First things first—I need to have a conversation with him. However, with these wankers playing babysitter, it won't be easy.

The man in a white coat instructs me to cough, and obediently, I oblige. Which gives me an idea.

As he scribbles notes on a clipboard, I summon the politest voice I can muster. "Doc, would you happen to have a glass of water? I'm feeling rather parched."

The man regards me with disdain for a moment, a far cry from the ever-smiley Chopper, but eventually turns to retrieve a glass. Asshole.

I hide some medical supplies on my bra while he's not looking. While the water runs, I'm certain he can't hear me move, so seizing the opportunity, I swiftly reach for one of the scalpels on the nearby table and catch him from behind.

"That arrogance of yours gone already?" I scoff at the man, now pleading for his life.

Hearing the commotion, the two guards burst into the room, guns pointy and ready.

-----

As I plop down on the cold, metallic floor of the cell, the sound of the door slamming shut echoes in my ears, triggering a vivid flashback from what feels like a lifetime ago. Ugh, the memories.

The guards leave the room, their exit marked by the creaking of the gates, and I quickly scan the room. There, in the corner, I spot Zoro's hunched figure, his back against the wall, visibly battered. Bruises cover his body, and he clutches his chest in obvious pain. My heart aches at the sight. And it's all your fault, Iris.

"Fucking finally," his voice greets me with a hint of mockery, "Took you long enough, Miss."

"What the hell are you doing here?" I stomp towards him, my anger boiling over.

"Surrendering," he shrugs.

"Surrendering?" I snap, "I told you I was leaving because I wanted to say goodbye. Because I trusted you not to do something stupid, Zoro. And here you are."

I approach him, ready to tend to his wounds with the meagre supplies I managed to steal from the infirmary, knowing full well they won't be sufficient for even half of his injuries.

"Not my problem," he mutters, making no effort to resist my touch.

"Not your problem? Are you fucking kidding me? What were you thinking?! You know what they do to pirates, right?" I keep my gaze focused on his battered form, desperately trying to hold back tears, "Do you even have a plan?"

"A plan? Probably to face judgment. I don't really know the protocol- hey," he winces as I try to pull open the black coat he's wearing. Instinctively, he grabs my hand, holding me in place.

His reaction causes me to turn and meet his gaze, and in that moment, everything else fades away. All that remains is the intensity between us.

This idiot. He's willing to risk everything, isn't him?

Hugging him, I whisper to him, "I'll fix this, I swear."

"Stop trying to fix everything on your own, you're terrible at it," he replies, planting a tender kiss on my forehead.

I look up to him inquisitively.

"Franky told me how you can't even nail a plank without losing a finger," he explains. I can't help but chuckle.

Behind us, I can hear steps. Someone's coming.

"Always the troublemaker, isn't that right, sis?

Deliops.

I quickly wipe my face and stand up, instinctively putting myself in front of Zoro, "Deliops. I was expecting you earlier."

"I had a business meeting, Iris. I'm a busy man, after all," he says in his typical condescending tone. "I'm glad to see you finally decided to return to us. Though you can imagine my surprise when I heard why you are being kept behind bars."

"I was clear that my cooperation came in exchange for the Straw hats' safety until they crossed to the New World."

"Yes, I remember."

"Oh, really? Then why did your marine buddies attack Roronoa Zoro and had him arrested?"

After turning to have a clearer view of Zoro behind me, Deliops gave me a feline smile, "The contract did not mention anything about one of them causing an outrage on a marine ship, did it?"

Anddd stop the timer. He can't keep one whole minute without spilling bullshit. "Don't start with your loopholes, Deliops. We had a deal, and I expect you to honour your word."

"My dear Iris, the law of maximum benefit governs the marines better than any agreement: What would happen if I deprived them of the fame and wealth rewarded for handing your friend to the authorities?" Condescending as ever, he puts that façade of innocence I have grown to see through in short time, "They wouldn't be happy, right? Even mentioning that idea to the captain may cause an uprise."

"Then pay them more. Make it worth it for them. I don't care as long as he is free and back to his crew. Or is it my presence here not in your best benefit?"

With a finger raised, as if chastising from afar, he tuts, "Don't make the mistake of overestimating your worth, Iris."

"You need me, Deliops. That's a fact. I wouldn't be here otherwise."

"Oh, please. Save it." He rolls his eyes exaggerated in all his actions of disgust, "It's undignifying to even entertain the idea of being equals in this negotiation."

I'm having none of the snob shit, though. "Yeah? Well, let's put it this way: If I don't comply your whole little operation crumbles. I still have the upper hand, dear brother."

"Let's be clear about something: I don't need your compliance, that was just a courtesy. People with my power and influence are not subject of such frail thing as other people's will. If you don't cooperate willingly, there are other ways to fulfil my ambitions."

We are playing like that now, eh? Maybe this prick needs a reminder of how our last encounter went.

It's hard to supress the smugness in my voice, "A threat, Deliops? I thought you knew better than that."

"It's not a threat at all, Iris. It's next week's plans. There are ways to get you to obey blindly. Expensive, painful ways I'm told, but nothing you can't manage, I'm sure." He makes a pause, smiling in a way that makes my stomach twist, "Does the name Dr. Vegapunk ring a bell?"

Vegapunk?Fuck no. That's impossible. That's...if they are in this...That lunatic can't be in on this. Their work is inhumane. I can't help but shiver at the memories of stray abominations running wild. Not even our own father was in favour of that kind of science.

"I see it does." Deliops elated voice interjects again, "I'm glad your time with pirates have not rendered you totally uncultured."

"That's...There is no way you can do that behind Father's back. He hated those experiments, I know that." This is a total bluff. For sure.

His maniac laugh, however, doesn't fill me with confidence in that statement. Bit by bit, I feel like my brother is letting his most unhinged self show, and I don't like it at all.

"Good thing the old man won't be around for much longer, then. I'm tired of his absurdities, blocking out actual potential for expanding. You know how hard it was to convince that blatant idiot noble to have you as a wife after all this time? Do you think Father thanked me? He didn't even look my way when I brought the news. I'm so utterly sick of shouldering this company and taking NONE of the credit."

His icy eyes had a twinkle, a disturbing hint that, together with the agitated of his manner, signalled that we were in the presence of the real Deliops, finally. Unfortunately, this side of him does scare me.

As if realising that the beast was escaping from him, he quickly rearranged his tie with his usual pomposity, coming back to a more levelled voice, "But that's going to change, soon. Once you are married and I have sucked enough money from those noblemen, neither Father nor you will serve a purpose for this company."

Those words don't seem to denote a happy retirement in a spring island, "What do you mean?"

Deliops was clearly waiting for me to ask, because the smile he conjured threatened to cut his face in half, "Picture this: One fatal night, the rebel daughter kills her father in a frenzy!" He excitedly raised his hands, as if picturing the tittle of the newspapers, "It's fitting, if you think about it: once filth, always filth. You will be put down like the animal you are, and yes, there will be a major scandal at first, but nothing we can't bounce back from. Then, the empire will be in need for new leadership, and I will humbly take the place."

Oh no. He's totally gone.

"That's your plan?" I don't know if I should cry or laugh. How did I fall for this idiot's lack of brain power? "Were there any capture set for the supernovas at the Archipelago? Or was that a lie as well?"

"Nope. That part was true. Well, it is true. Did you seriously think I was taking this contract seriously? There is not even a paper trail! How gullible."

Of course he didn't. In my desperation to help my crew I didn't stop to think with whom I was dealing with. To think I trusted his word, I'm the real idiot here. "I gotta give it to you, Deliops, I knew you were a piece of shit, but you nocked it out of the park."

"Oh and that's not even the best part, big sis." His smile now showing pointed canines, "The process is said to make you forget, little by little, all of your life. Your friends, your past. All those scumbags you have abandoned your family for? They will mean nothing to you a month from now."

"That's not true!" That maniac of Vegapunk could totally pull that off, shit. Despite feeling my legs going weak, the growling hatred keeps me in place.

"Maybe." He shrugged, "We will see, I suppose. It's still a process in development."

Oh, that bastard. In a blink of an eye, I'm kicking and pulling the through the bars, trying to get to Deliops. I can only see red, "I will fight. Everything has a weakness. You hear me? The moment I get a chance, I'll destroy you. Come here, bastard!"

Dusting off his suit, which only makes me want to smack him more, he replies, "You're nothing more than a minor annoyance. But I must admit, watching you struggle and fail will provide me with a certain satisfaction."

"Open the door!" Only a meter separates my hands from his neck, and he certainly seems unbothered by that. I will fucking kill him, "Open the fucking door, Deliops!"

I had totally forgotten Zoro was with me until I feel his hand on my shoulder, trying to pull me back, but I'm not budging. Still screaming and pulling at the bars, Zoro's firm grasp finally manages to force me off, "Stop it, woman."

"Yes, that's probably sensate, Iris," Deliops mocks, "Listen to your crewmate." I'm about to turn again try to find a rock to throw at him, but the green haired man stops me. He's all battered up, but for some reason he seems to be smiling, in that dark, smug way he usually sports in the battlefield.

"What's...?"

Opening his coat, Zoro displays a chunky snail transponder, one of those that seem to record videos and sound, "You will wish she had killed you when she had the chance," Zoro addresses Deliops. The snail transponder seems to be alive and transmitting, no idea to whom. What the heck is happening?

Both Deliops and me fall silent, hypnotized by the weird device tapped to Zoro's chest.

"Is that...?" I can hear my brother's suddenly trembling voice in the background.

"Did you honestly think I was coming here without a plan?" Zoro exclaims triumphally, this time to me.

My answer doesn't skip a beat, "Yes. Completely. 100%."

"Hey!" Zoro's not-annoyed-at-all scolding get interrupted by another device hidden in his clothes.

Purupuru

"Hi! Iris! You there? Zoro! Guys, I can see you! Ugh, the guy with the egg head is there too."

"Luffy?"

"Iris! When are you guys comin-"

Nami's voice hijacks the spotlight, "Everything went great! You are a good camera man after all! We should turn this into a business!"

Chuckling, Robin's voice interjects, "Zoro, please stay put. Can you give us some minutes?"

"No problem."

Gatcha

He hangs up, and I'm still completely in the dark. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.3K 82 19
[Before reading this story there is a spoiler on page 6 you can skip it but can you at least pls read the next page] Zoro and robin are friends and...
2.9K 87 4
You and Zoro started to share a bed in a completely platonic relationship a few months after the crew came back together. However, both of you caught...
218K 4.7K 14
JUST RECENTLY EDITED!! You're a Neko. You were walking alongside the beach and eventually see a guy with sea green hair struggling to get up a hill...