The Wonders Of This New World...

By TreeOfUntoldStories

Nahida, or rather Y/N in this case, has suddenly been transported into another world! Like the novels that ha... More

Prologue: A New World Brings New Found Curiosity
Genesis
The Bud Begins to Bloom
Exploration and Surprises
The Bump Along The Road
Home?
Sage of [!ERROR!]
(Not Very Important but introduction!)
New Member
A Moment Of Silence...
The Realization of 'Home'
The Detective and His Apprentice
Wan!!!
The Bunny, the Cat, and the Tiger
Wan!!!
Old Foe and a New Foe
Author's Note
Birthday Special: (M)Ango
Birthday Special: Ranpo
Birthday Special: Oda
Halloween Special
Birthday Special: Kyōka
Inevitable Lost
Birthday Special: Yosano
Late Christmas Special
New Year Day Special
Birthday Special: Fukuzawa
Birthday Special: Akutagawa

Apologies, Memories, and Meows~

4.4K 211 170
By TreeOfUntoldStories

"I... I... I'm sorry!"
Junichiro bows his head in apology to Atsushi. His hands on the table. In the cafe, Uzumaki, the first floor of the same building the agency resides in. The cafe had a homey feel to it, one of the places I'll take a nap if I could. Dazai had sat me by the next to him and scooted the chair more closer to him, making us apart by an inch. He was swaying in his seat, almost bumping into me to.
I cried my eyes out a bit earlier, I'll probably be taking a good nap afterwards. Well time to get back to coloring!
I hum happily as I start coloring a sheet from a coloring book given by Fukuzawa, it mainly consisted of cats. The crayons all around the table as I color.

"Huh?"
Atsushi seemingly a bit taken aback by Junichiro's apologize
" Though it was for your exam. I was so rude to you."
Oof! Kunikida is pushing Dazai by his leg! I'm getting caught in the crossfire...
"My name is Tanizaki Junichiro. I work as an assistant of sorts at the agency."

" Please, it's all right!"

" And this is--"

" His little sister, Naomi. "

" Y-your siblings?! I'm not sure I see a family resemblance"

" Oh? You doubt us? Of course we're siblings by blood. We're quite similar, especially this part. Right, brother?"
Naomi laughs. I turn my head to see what's going before it turns all black. A hand in front my eyes, blocking my view. I turn back to look at Dazai who simply gives a smile.
This has happened before yet I've never asked why... I mean, I do trust their judgement but why cover my eyes?
I silently return to coloring.

"Don't pursue this line of inquiry with them too far."
Kunikida warns Atsushi.

" Er, okay... "

"In any event, brat, today you have joined the ranks of our Armed Detective Agency. Do not be a burden to anyone, not shame the Agency's good name! "
Yelling the last part towards what I think the siblings.
"The rest of us are committed to that, at least. Right, Dazai? "

" Would you strangle me with these fragile, delicate fingers? "
Dazai hand touches the worker lady's hand. Kunikida walks up to Dazai, who just did the opposite what he had said. He hits on the head, making his head fall forward onto the small pillow I placed earlier in case of this.
If current me had told past me that I would be dealing with this on a daily basis, I would be severely confused about it, everything...
Hm, not that I really been thinking about... Theo, where are you???
'... Ah, apologies, something caught my attention so I'm tending to it.'
Do you need help? I can always lend it
'No, it's quite alright. '

"Are you going to smear mud on the Agency's name right as I'm saying we never would?! Ba-... Don't bother asking for her help all the time. I'll crush your neck with my own bony fingers! And (Y/N)! Stop babying him or he'll continue to slack off!"
Kunikida strangles Dazai as I blankly stare at the two.

" By the way, what we're both of you doing before you joined the Agency?"
The random question popping up in Atsushi's head as he shares it.

" Huh?! "
Kunikida yells making him stop strangling Dazai.
" Uh, no real meaning behind that question, by the way. "
He assured them, knowing well that it could cause a potential misunderstanding.

"Take a guess"

"Huh?"

"Oh, it's a game we play often. The rookie tries to guess his senior colleagues' former occupation. Well, it's part of their training as private investigators."
Dazai explains while sitting backwards on his chair. I put my crayon down and move in my chair, my side against the back of the chair, the conversation taking my interest.

" Tanizaki and Naomi... were students?"
Atsushi guesses.

" Oh, bingo. I'm impressed"
Junichiro praises Atsushi for getting it right.

"How did you know?"

"Well, I heard you are a part-time worker, and I thought you might still be a student given your uniform. Tanizaki seems close to me in age, so... just a hunch. "
Atsushi explains, a nervous smile on his face as he does.
Impressive

" Honesty is a virtue. What about Kunikida?"
Dazai turns to Kunikida who is sipping his drink and sadly, spits it out when hearing thr question.

"Who cares about what I used to be?!"

"Hmm... Public worker?... An official?! "

" Close. He was a teacher. A math teacher."

I let out a small giggle while looking at Atsushi's face.
He's imagining it, isn't he?

"I can totally see that."
Atsushi comments.

"It's all in the past! I don't even want to think about it."

" What about me, then? Oh, (Y/N) too! "
Eh-
" You and (Y/N)...? "

" Yes, me and (Y/N)."

" Well... Dazai first... So... Dazai was..... Dazai was ...."
He tries to rack his head with anything but nothing pops up.
He has no idea...

"Don't bother, brat. His former profession is one of the seven mysteries of the Armed Detective Agency. Coincidentally, (Y/N) too."
I mean, it's not like just anyone can guess I was overseeing a land in another world and locked up for at least 500 years. Let alone the fact I'm not human and rather a god...
I sweat drop while recalling the events that feel like they occured a long while ago.

"The first person to get it right receives a reward, right?"
Junichiro adds

Ah... It's looks like that lit a fire in him
I eye Atsushi.

"That's right. No one's been able to guess right, so the reward's just ballooned."
If I were to participate, I can technically get the reward... Although, I'm not to keen on doing it and upsetting Dazai

"B-by the way, how much has this reward ballooned to, exactly?"

" Hm, 700,000 yen as of right now"
I answer.

" S-so if I get it right, I can claim it? For real for reals?! "
Atsushi's burning in determination as he confirms with Dazai.
" A suicide proponent is true to his word."
A smile on Dazai face as he's amused by his determination.

" Atsushi looks excited."
"His determination is admirable"
Both the siblings comment on Atsushi's determination.

"That 700,000 yen will be mine!
Speculator?!"

" No"

" Writer?! "

" Nope! "

" Office worker?! "

" Wrong! "

" Researcher! "

" No"

" Lawyer? "

"No"

" Journalist! "

" Boo"

" Carpenter! "

" Nope"

" Fortuneteller! "

" No"

" Pilot! "

"Wrong"

" Interpreter! "

" It's all random..."
Junichiro in disbelief of the whole fiasco.

"Non, non!"

"Japanese chef!"

"Booo"

"No way, doctor?!"

" No way"

" Shinto priest! "

" No! "

"Actor!"

"No! But.. that's flattering~"
His hand on his cheeks as he acts all giddy.
Dazai as an actor...I can't really see it. Maybe it's because of his usual antics that I can't see him in another light.
I give a judging stare at Dazai.

"I bet you were just wandering around doing nothing."

" Nope."

" Hm? "
Kunikida places down the teacup.
" I would never lie about this and there is someone who can vouch to this... So, do you yield, Atsushi? "

" Eh-
Well, I haven't guessed for (Y/N) yet s-so-"

" Shoot your shot then"
Dazai expression gets a bit more serious as the smile remains the same.

" (Y/N)... Were you in school...? "
Atsushi tilts his head

I gently shake my head.
" No, I've never been to one, I suppose. A hint I can give is to think outside the box??? "
Like far from outside the box!

Atsushi just groans, entirely giving up on the prize money.

" Then you can take the check."
A smile on Dazai's face as tells the moneyless person to pay.

"What?"
Atsushi whines in respond from losing the prize and now, an additional payment.

"I ca-"
I raise my hand before I'm interrupted
"No! (N/N), it's your allowance money and its for you to use"
He puts a finger as if he's scolding me, only to get hit on the head by Kunikida.
"Says the one who uses her money without remorse!"

" Well, Atsushi, you can just start a tab since the agency tends to go here. Not to mention, I can help with any money problems! So just ask for me, 'kay? "
Atsushi just pulls me into a hug, tears threatening to come out.
" Thank you (Y/N)!"

Ring
Ring
Ring

"Yes, this is Tanizaki."
.
"Yes, okay."
.
"Got it"

Beep

" We have a job? "
Kunikida questions

"Yes. The client is already at the agency."
Junichiro nods.

" Well, it's time to work. Let's save the guessing game for another time."
Everyone gets up at Dazai's words, except for me and Atsushi.

"(Y/N), stay down here for the time being. I'm sure you know why, right?"
Kunikida pushes up his glasses as he reminds me. I simply nod with a smile.
As always, I can't be seen by clients...

The rest start exiting the cafe and waving goodbye before they left, all except one, Dazai who stayed behind.

A goofy smile on his face as he opens his arms in front of me like from earlier. I tilt my head, not understanding the gesture. A silence takes over as I stare at him in confusion and as his smile slowly falls.

"Oh, right! Dazai, if you ever want to be an actor... I don't think you should! I don't think it'll be suitable"
After all, you don't seem to enjoy doing paperwork and stuff like that. And I rather see you everyday and not rarely!
I gently pat his shoulder and jump off my seat.
"I'll be taking a walk around the city, please tell the others"
I then happily walk to the entrance and open the door.
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Unbeknownst to the girl, her words were very harsh out of context... Very harsh. Dazai had frozen up the moment those words left her mouth. It felt like an arrow pierced him and the cherry on top was the small pat on his shoulder. It wouldn't be much of an exaggeration to say that his soul almost left his body.

It was the second time today and the one of the many times his attempt for a hug had been rejected by hug. Now, the fuel to the fire was that she would always comply with any requests for a hug as he had seen with Ranpo and her. In fact, he has been openly made fun of this fact by Ranpo whenever the girl wasn't around. In fact, all the members had hugged her, even Atsushi the newest just did earlier.

How long will it be until he succeeds...
Even the lady behind the counter is giving a look of pity for his situation...
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Left

Right

Right

Left!

I quickly move, avoiding any bumping into anyone.

So... Theo... About the thing you mention earlier?
'I sensed a presence that did not belong to this world. In fact, it's nearby and heading towards you'
R-really?!
'Perhaps you should enter an alleyway to avoid any bystanders getting involved and harmed'
Yea

My eyes dart in front of me as I search for a suitable place. I inch closer to the place when finding it, being careful. I step inside the alleyway.

It was dark compared to the light on the sidewalks. A dead end that I hadn't noticed when I found it. I hear soft footsteps as I turn around, finding a....

Cat?!
'... Indeed, this is the presence I've been sensing '

The cat lets out a meow of confusion as it slowly gets closer. It's fur a dark indigo color with white around its paws and a red by its eyes.

I slowly walk towards it as it does. I crouch down and slowly reach my hand out to its head.

My hand touches barely touches it and suddenly...
Memories flood my mind

The Balladeer

Teyvat

Irminsul

Erase

The Doctor

Traveler

"Kaito"*

"(Y/N)?!"
'Ah, it seems communication is only available through contact and limited to thoughts only'

"Where is that voice coming from?!"
The cat shakes its head from the left to the right before looking directly at me.

'I am Theo, you are in another world as well as her right now. She may look different with the exception being her eyes, but she is the same person. The appearance change is the result of a necklace she is currently wearing.'

Lets head out right now, we should head to see if they need any help with the new mission. Theo explain as much as you can while we head to Dazai.

'Al-'

"I can fly us to wherever you want to. My anemo powers are still active and it'll be faster"

Won't people see us though... Unless we go fast...

" Something like that is trivial. Tell me which way to go"

Right

I pick him up and hold him in my arms. A sudden gust of surrounds me in a instant and in a blink of an eye, I'm in the in sky, high above the city. A lot of things look small like tiny ants... Perspective matters, doesn't it?

°~•~°

"Rashoumon...
Agito!"

The ravenette's ability cuts down the weretiger before it hit the blonde who was on the floor. The battle taking place in an alleyway with a deadend, making it hard for the first who enters to escape their attacker or attackers.

The ravenette coughs into his hand while the other is stretch out towards where the weretiger was.
"I was supposed to take you alive...."

Unfortunately, the weretiger was an illusion as seen when it started to disintegrate into nothing.

"This is... so I just ripped apart a mirage... then..."
He takes a step back, now realizing that the weretiger is well alive and could attack anytime and anywhere.

Just as he does the weretiger appears right behind him and he quickly senses it and activates his ability.
"Rashoumon
Murakumo"
His ability coming to strick the tiger down as it charges him.

"Okay, that's enough!"
Dazai announces appearing right in between the face off and touching both abilities, rendering them nullified.

"What?"
The ravenette surprised at the entrance of Dazai. A thud from the now untransformed Atsushi who falls to the ground in the same awkward position.

"You're one of the detectives...Why are you here?"
The blonde woman questions.

A sudden gust of wind enters the alleyway of the sudden, making all of them become alert. The wind suddenly surges more as something comes them. A girl holding a cat in her arms as the cat looks unamused. That girl being me.
" I can answer that for you. We're detectives meaning we as detectives have sharp eyes and minds. I assume you were the client they were talking about. To put it simply, Dazai already had you figured out"

Dazai chuckles as he pulls a device from his pocket.
" My, my, Nahida. I'm simply the type who can't stop thinking about what a beautiful lady might be up to. I decided to secretly listen in"

The woman searches through her pockets
"... So back then... "
She looks back up only to find Dazai crouched down and slapping the top of Atsushi's head.
"Come on, wake up, Atsushi. I don't want to carry three people back at the same time."
I lightly take his hand away from Atsushi's head.

"You think we'll let you go alive?"
The woman takes out a gun, pointing it towards Dazai. The ravenette finally makes a noise, letting out a chuckle.
"Don't, Higuchi. You can't win."

"But, Sir Akutagawa..."

" Dazai, we'll retreat for this round but the weretiger will be the Port Mafia's someday."

" Why? "
Dazai and me turn to him at the same time.

"Simple enough. That weretiger has a bounty on him from the black market. The bounty sum is seven billion yen."
He subtly glares at me for a moment until he glares towards Atsushi.

" Now, that's very generous."

"We'll pay a visit to your agency at a later time. The Port Mafia will claim that seven billion"

" Is that a declaration of war on the Armed Detective Agency? "
Dazai gets up onto his feet, a smirk on his face.
" Try it... If you dare. "

"You are an insignificant small-scale operation, whereas we are this city's darkness made incarnate. We have connections in this city's politics and economy at every level. An agency with a dozen or so operatives will become ashes along with your entire in less than three day's time.
No one has opposed us and lived."

" I know all that."
He rubs the side of his head, not taking her threat any bit seriously.
He truly does... But... I never asked how far he made it in terms of the ranks within the organization

"Indeed. You know that better than anyone being an ex-Port Mafia member, Dazai... Now, that girl knows, how will you go about it? "
His eyes land on me and Dazai simply laughs, not giving an answer. The ravenette, Akutagawa, takes a step towards me when not getting a response.

" Before we leave... "
A pause as he looks at me with a glare.
"Who is Dazai to you"

-----------------

[Bonus]

It was a normal day at the agency. The girl did as she always had everyday, she helped with paperwork, did deliveries, cleaned up a bit, took care of the plants --mainly Bob, organized work for the president, the usual. She just returned from her break at the cafe Uzumaki on the first floor.

She opened the door the main area yet no one was there. It was empty as all of them had their own tasks to complete as a member of the Armed Detective Agency. Yosano helping out patients, Fukuzawa in his office dealing with work, Kunikida out for a mission, and Ranpo out on a case he decided to do on his own.

Their smiles, laughter, bickers, frowns, and everything that made them, them. She enjoyed being with them and treasured every second, truly she did. Yet a reoccurring thought always plagued her mind. She could've also had this back in Teyvat, with the traveler, Paimon, the general Mahamatra, the scribe, the mercenary, and her people in general. With that, she left and is having a great time with them... Sumeru was going through an age of change and she wasn't there, only a mimic of her. In their eyes... Is she a disappointment... She wonders what they would think of her if they saw her now...

Her soft footsteps fill the silence of the empty room. She walked until she stood next to the lone chair at the back. She turns now facing and taking in the view of the entire room. All the memories that had been made here passing by her mind.
She couldn't help it....
Comparing...

A few tears fell out of her eyes and onto the floor. She couldn't hold it, the tears came out on their own. She wanted them to stop yet it just kept persisting. She lets out a few whimpers and whines, not wanting to cry nor really understanding why she was. She holes herself up under the desk and holds her legs close to her chest, burying her face onto her knees.

For the next few hours, everything was silent, numb, no noise reaching her ears as she sat there in her own tears. She felt disconnected with the world, she is after all not part of this world...She was just a person who didn't belong among others as a deity and an outsider.

It had been sunset now, the sky now painted in oranges and yellows. If anyone had looked at her in that moment, she eyes seemed dimmer than their usual shine.

"Found you (N/N)~"

The voice taking her out of her own stupor, the light returning to her eyes once she laid her eyes upon the owner of the voice, Ranpo. He lends his hand out for her to grab which she looks at it dumbfounded for a moment until Ranpo grabs her and sits on his chair. He places her in his lap.

"Your eyes are puffy and red..."

"Ranpo"
The girl utters tired and weak from the long cry she had.

Ranpo simply pulls her into a hug, a reassuring hand on her back. His next words putting the girl in serenity.
"This place is 'home' just as much as the other was. I'm sure those back there wouldn't mind you smiling and laughing in a new 'home'. Relax, the others have been looking for you but I'll notify them later."

The girl simply smiles, a quiet 'thank you' leaving her before the toll takes her in the land of dreams. A wonderful dream given to her as she sleeps in the arms of his.

"(N/N), you regard yourself as different and I'm sure you are in a literal sense... But keep in mind, you're part of the Armed Detective Agency, everyone is different as can be. You fit right in both as a member and my apprentice."

Safe to say, when the others returned to the office, they were not only greeted by the sight of the sleeping girl but Ranpo as well. The only evidence of this day was stored in Yosano's cellphone. She had took many photos of the sight, mainly focusing on the sleeping girl because who would slip up on something so adorable?
It was a memento worth keeping

*Kaito: The name given to Wanderer by me. You're welcome to change it to your liking but having a name to a character makes things easier

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

315K 9.1K 33
(Y/N) (L/N), a wanderer, who's goal is to end the Vision Hunt Decree in Inazuma. Being wanted for attempting to take back a vision, life isn't easy a...
5.8K 183 12
"That throne in the sky is not reserved for you." MONDSTADT The dragon who defended Mondstadt for a millennium finally faces his perturbation. What d...
37.8K 1K 25
The world has started to collapse with each other. The truest scene will finally begin. As a child fall to the world with no clue,no reason,no way ba...
75.2K 2.8K 23
"What exactly are you?" "I'm a demon, wait no... That will be an understatement... I'm the Devil of the Flame Underworld." ---------- "Love, huh? I'v...