The Prestigious School of Med...

By Flamefinder24

Shinobu Kocho wants to become a scientist in an extremely big company, going into a prestigious school of med... More

Author's note (Skip if you want)
Chapter 1; The Prestigious School of Medicine
Chapter 2; WTF him?
Chapter 3; The Project
Chapter 4; LA
Chapter 4; Kanae's Return
Chapter 7; The Trip
Chapter 8; Studying
Chapter 9; Back to College
Chapter 10: The Jeopardy Games
Chapter 11; One Month Later...
Epilogue part 1; LA Again
Epilogue part 2; The Butterfly Ring
Epilogue part 3; Mizucho

Chapter 6: Deadlines

190 1 1
By Flamefinder24

Shinobu Kocho

Giyu was at the other side of the room, not really talking to anyone. Mitsuri dragged me away and she was talking about something. Drunk Mitsuri + gossiping equals no privacy. Anything she keeps a secret gets spilled out.

"Did you know Doumaaaaaaaaa has slept with half the giiiiirls in his schoooool?" Mitsuri said. "Alsoooo...Ellie has a crush on Giyu."

I sighed. The party was so loud. I walked over to Giyu.

"Yea?" He asked. I stared at him blankly.

"I-"

Suddenly, the table fell and the chandelier nearly hit us. Giyu grabbed me and pulled me aside. Kanae stared at me in shock. The music had stopped. Then Kanae rushed over.

"Oh no...Shinobu..." she grabbed me and brushed off the glass.

"Don't worry! Everyone, continue!" Kanae called out. The music started blaring again.

"Giyu. Can you get Shinobu back to her dorm?" Kanae asked. He nodded.

We drove back in silence. Then I asked Giyu, "Can I hang out with my sister tomorrow?"

"Why not." He said monotonously.

After we were back in the dorm, I waved goodbye and he watched me walk into the dorms.

***

Someone's thoughts...

Damn it. Giyu dodged just in time! My timing wasn't right! Master will definitely punish me! I have to try again. Whoever gets on master's bad side doesn't get to live another day...

***

Spending time with Kanae has always been amazing, but I couldn't shake the feeling of Mitsuri only spending time with me because of my sister. We were back at the airport, this time saying our goodbyes.

"I'll miss you!" I said sadly.

"I know. It's been fun though!" Kanae smiled at me. "Be good Shinobu!" I waved as she walked off.

"Shinobu...why do you seem to avoid me so much?" Mitsuri asked.

"It's nothing." I said dismissively.

"Well...do you hate me?" Mitsuri asked sadly. I realized what a messed up friend I had been for the past days. I hadn't spoke to Mitsuri in forever, and we hadn't really interacted.

"I guess...I'm sorry if I made you feel that way Mitsuri." I said. She smiled.

"It's fine. Maybe you need a Shinobu day! A self care day just for you!" I smiled.

"I think so too."

***

Weeks later...

"Everyone. You have to turn in your project by tomorrow." The teacher said.

I tapped Giyu on the shoulder. "We have everything, right?" My head was a little dizzy today, but nothing bad. Just a bit of the chills, that's all.

"Yup. I'll double check it." He looked at me with concern. "You good?"

"Ara ara Tomioka, concerned?" I asked jokingly.

"Your face is pale." He said slowly, as if trying to make me understand.

"It's always pale." I said impatiently.

"Silence up there!" The teacher yelled and we quieted down.

"Don't worry." I said. "We'll easily win."

***

My entire body was chilly. My forehead was burning, and I was beyond miserable.

"Shinobu?" Mitsuri asked.

"I think I'm sick." I muttered.

"Oh wow Shinobu." Mitsuri placed her hand on my forehead. "For someone so smart, I thought you would realize that by now."

"I know." I said dejectedly. We were outside, and it was a sunny day.

"Don't worry. Rest up, I'll tell the teachers that you're not coming today." I nodded at Mitsuri in appreciation. Sometimes, I wondered how fate made Mitsuri and I be roomies, but I was just glad she was.

***

I woke up, bleary eyed. I had taken some meds to help. I looked at the time. 11:53. Holy crap! The project! The due date! I grabbed my phone, realizing it was dead. I logged on the the computer, and charged my phone. After logging on to the computer, I signed into google. The time was ticking...

11:55. I glanced at my phone to see 52 missed calls from Giyu.

"Ugh!" I grumbled. Hitting send, I watched the bar slowly send our presentation.

11:56

11:57

This entire project depended on me! It would show me if I would get a chance on becoming an intern for my dream school or not!

11:58...

It sent the essay. I sighed in relief.

But why the heck did I sleep so late?

Our project was officially done, which meant Kanao should have a cure. I was nervous to give it to her. I was just a college student! What if  I messed up and she ends up-no, calm down Shinobu. You've gone through all the safety procedures. There is no any she would end up dead.

Giyu called me again.

"Yea?" I asked as I answered.

"You idiot! Did you freaking send it-"

"Yes I did. Just sent it." I said. He sighed in relief.

"I...I just can't right now."

"Well, I did it." I said, breathless.

Now we wait for the results.

Giyu Tomioka

"So Giyu, who did you pick to come with you?" Tsutako asked.

"Shinobu." I said absentmindedly. My brain was going haywire wondering who was winning. We did have a solid essay, but we were competing worldwide.

"Shinobu? The butterfly girl?" Tsutako squealed.

"How do you know that?" I asked, snapping out of my thoughts. I had just finished eating dinner, and was completely bored.

"Well, I know a young girl named Kanae, she tells me about her sister Shinobu and how she's in the same school as you!"

I glanced at my phone, anxious. "You okay?"

"I'm perfectly fine!" Tsutako said dismissively. "I got a good life here. Anyway, heard you entered into a school requirement project."

"Yeah. Pretty sure we did a solid job though." I said.

"Wow, so sure!" Tsutako said teasingly. Kocho vibes.

"Yeah. Shinobu was my partner for the project, and-"

"My gosh, you do say a lot about this Kocho girl." Tsutako flipped the page of a book. "Really, it's hard not to say you might as well be in love."

"We're not!" I protested and she laughed.

"Sure, sure. Well, see you soon Giyu!" And she ended the FaceTime call.

Going into my bedroom, I saw an email whose sender I haven't seen before. I clicked it, and it was our project . Nervously reading it, I gasped, seeing which place our project was.

***

"Shinobu. We're second." I said, yelling into the phone in excitement. She was recovering from her fever, but she was basically all good now.

"We are?! That's great! I didn't think we would get this far..." Her voice lit up with excitement, then faltered.

"It's all good! We still got cash!" I felt bad, remembering her dream to get into that company as an intern. Now that dream was as nonexistent as before.

"Okay then..." I could hear the happiness and sadness in her voice at the same time.

"See you tomorrow." I said.

"Goodnight."

***

Walking into the classroom, I saw our teacher come up to us.

"Tomioka, Kocho, this is Yuri. He's one of the judges for the project, and would like to speak with you." I glanced at Shinobu nervously and walked up to them. Oh god. This was one of the millionaires that sponsored the project. He didn't have an extraordinarily fancy outfit, but when you looked closer, you could see the quality in every fiber.

"Congrats on second. I thought you should've been first, but I'm only one out of three judges opinions."

"Thank you." Shinobu said politely.

"I was quite impressed. I wanted to give you another opportunity to earn cash. You can also gain another prize as an intern at any company of your choice." Shinobu's face lit up at that. At that moment, I knew I was going to help Shinobu get to her dream. She had suffered through a lot...she deserved this.

"There is a quiz tournament I host every year. I would be honored to have you participate. I have spoken with your teachers. They would be delighted to have participants from the school come to compete." I looked at Shinobu. Her eyes held so much hope as she glanced at me.

"Is there an entry fee?" Shinobu asked. Of course. She was concerned for something other than herself. C'mon! This was a big opportunity for her!

"Nope. I have it covered." Yuri said.

"Thank you Mister...?" I looked at him questioningly. He just grinned.

"Call me Yuri. I prefer to be called that way."

And so we are, back to studying yet again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.1K 458 9
❝𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐦𝐲 𝐰𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝 .❞ ❙❘❙❘❘❙❘❙❙❘❙❘❚❙❘❙❘❘❙❘❙❙❘❙❘❚ Nxnmsaoksmapksksk don't read this cuz reasons. Rea...
49K 1.4K 44
𝘐𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘣𝘭𝘦; something or someone that cannot be removed or forgotten 4 years later after college, Shinobu Kocho is a successful business wom...
818 46 6
It's Kanae Kocho's death day and a hard day for the hashira's. But it's the hardest for her younger sister, Shinobu Kocho, In a twist of fate Giyu fi...
16.9K 205 20
the title describes it all 🤷🏻 but there is some 🍋so be aware.. Oh yeah this is a Modern AU. Disclaimers: The personality's of some characters are...