Epilogue part 3; Mizucho

Shinobu Kocho

Three years later...

I slowly blinked awake, the lights of our house blinding me for a quick second.

"Shinobu." Giyu was holding our baby boy. I had been asleep on the couch. I looked at the table, piled with my favorite foods. Giyu really got this all prepared for me?! Oh...wow.

I gasped. What time was it? How long had I been asleep?

"Don't worry Shinobu. You're taking a few months off because of Mizucho." Giyu said quietly. I looked at the mouth watering food.

"Water." I said, my voice raspy. He handed me a glass of water and I chugged it.

"Can I have Mizucho?" I asked. Giyu nodded, handing him to me. The doorbell suddenly rang. Giyu walked over to the door and opened it, and Mitsuri rushed in.

"Kyaaaaaaaaaaaa! Congrats!" Mitsuri screamed. She herself was um...also expecting a child. 

Obanai glared at Giyu and said to Mitsuri, "Make this quick. I do not want to be in this rat's house."

"Don't be rude Obanai! Shinobu's my bestie! I had to see her!"

"Of course Mitsuri!" Obanai said, turning red. Geez. After being married for four years, I'd at least think he would stop simping like that!

"Mizucho-that's what you named him, right? He's so cute!" Mitsuri squealed. "Can I hold him?!" I nodded and Mizucho, thankfully inheriting a calmer side of his parents, looked at Mitsuri with adoring eyes. Mitsuri smiled happily.

"I'm so happy for you! Kanae and her husband and Kazehana are coming!" Mitsuri looked me worriedly. "Anything I can do for you?"

"Nothing, just make sure to relax too." I assured Mitsuri. She nodded.

"Mitsuri, we gotta go." He gave me a polite nod and sent a scowl towards Giyu. "Thanks." He added.

Mitsuri waved as soon and left and Sanemi and Kanae came in, holding Kazehana.

"Aunt Shinobu!" Kazehana said excitedly, getting off of Sanemi's back. I smiled.

"Want to see your cousin?" I asked. She nodded excitedly, sitting next to me on the couch.

"Kazehana, this is Mizucho." I said. Mizucho smiled and made a warbled laugh, and Kazehana grinned.

"I'm going to teach him about everything in life! Your cousin has it covered Mizucho!" Kazehana said proudly. Then her face turned serious. "Including the badness of mornings."

I laughed at my four year old niece.

"Well, I guess I'll trust you."

Giyu Tomioka

My life was filled with happy days of being with Shinobu, watching Mizucho grow up, Murisaki born and thriving, and Sabito being adopted to our family, and Mizumi born and alive.

Our ridiculous sleepless nights sing karaoke (on weekends).

Mizucho going to Elementary School.

Meeting Sakura, Mitsuri's child.

Kazahana teaching her cousins about harsh realities of mornings.

My life was filled with happy days to fill my empty ones.

I missed Sabito and Makomo, but I knew they were proud of me. So were my parents.

I would never forget them, but my heart was filled with something joy.

I never regretted meeting Shinobu.

And I was all to glad...that I applied for The Prestigious School of Medicine (and heartbreaks).

And also love.

THE END