Kingdom of the W1SPS

By ZysmaeJewelAuthor

The youngest princess of the planet rescues an alien robot from another distant planet within the same system... More

Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five

Chapter One.

5 0 0
By ZysmaeJewelAuthor

It was the year 3048, and the universe was stable and peaceful. Many races of happy beings resided on Planet A0F89— ranging from Arachnarii, humans to Goragan and many more.

The planet was also ran by monarchy; the kingdom was almost always in harmony— reigned a queen with six children. The youngest child was a daughter named Yarian Luna. She was a daring Arachnarii that rebelled against some of the kingdom's etiquette to go out on dangerous adventures. Yarian had a very wiry and athletic body and she always kept herself in shape. Her eyes were a crystal blue, her skin and hair were an olive colour with jet black stripes that trail from her head down to her abdomen.

Yarian had two sisters that always followed etiquette, followed the laws and kept their elegance in check. The two sisters were much older than Yarian, hence experienced more in ways Yarian had not even learned.

Taniah was a 24 year old Arachnarii with the profession in crafting homemade machines and weapons. She graduated from engineering school with two certificates and the planet's official mechanic license. Taniah's introverted nature had her hardly leaving the castle including being constantly busy building and crafting. She had a very approachable personality and was quite protective of her family. She was also shy, yet beautiful. Others would tell Yarian that she looked exactly like a carbon copy of Taniah.

Violet was a 19 year old Arachnarii with dyed violet-black hair and the rest of her body a lavender with hints of ginger. She would stylise customary weapons, Armour pieces and was a skilled cosmetic surgeon. She was very young with the mental state of a senior, but her skills wowed millions.

Yarian had twin brothers named Oliver and Vackes. The two may have been identical with cyan eyes, dusty gray skin and hair with dark blue stripes; but they were complete opposites in personality and skills. Oliver was very immature and was thirsty for women while Vackes was intelligent and cheerful. Oliver didn't care about anyone but himself as he would rather do what he wanted. Vackes was always busy inventing many different things and was even an excellent chef.

The eldest child was a handsome Arachnarii named Jayson. A 35 year old professional in leading military branches and a Trainor for other aspiring rookies. He helped kept the planet safe from harm and was considered the "perfect prince" according to civilians. His personality was gentle and inviting, caring and protective of his family. His skin was a vibrant gold with jet black hair and stripes and his eyes strikingly blue. A perfect spider that most would fawn over.

One evening, Yarian was walking outside to the castle gardens to enjoy the fresh air. She wanted to take a break after finishing her chores and polished her new weapons.

The 4000 credits well spent. It was worth it, Yarian thought. I feel accomplished building new laser rifles with those parts.

Yarian smoothed out her hair as she enjoyed the calming atmosphere as she watched the plants, trees and flowers were swaying softly in the wind. She looked up at the starry night sky, admiring its beauty. She began to daydream while staring into the vastness of space.

Her daydreaming didn't last long when she began hearing squeaking. Yarian snapped back into reality and went to look for the source of the squeaks. She went to the hedge patch of the garden and the squeaks grew louder. Yarian’s heart began to race anxiously, feeling scared that she would be under attack. She saw faint lights coming through the leaves of the hedge. Yarian then walked to the other side of the hedge and saw a robotic creature looking up at her in terror. Yarian got a good look at them and saw that they were injured.

"Aw... you poor thing..." Yarian said, no longer worried about possibly getting attacked. The creature looked to have been 4'3", almost half of Yarian’s height. Yarian lifted the creature into her arms and began carrying them back into the castle to help them.

"Goodness, I wonder where you're from. I'd love to travel to your planet one day." Yarian said to the creature which silently smiled. Yarian then took a look at their arm, which had a very large hole that exposed wire, artificial tissue and a glimpse of their bone. Yarian grimaced then sighed.

"Goodness, you really got into a beating, huh?" Yarian said, the creature nodding as their four ears lowering. "Well don't worry. I'm taking you to my mum, so you'll feel better very soon." The assurance Yarian gave to the creature soothed them. They patiently clinged onto Yarian while she ran.

Yarian was then stopped by Oliver, whom was giving her a mischevious grin.

"What's that you're holding, Yarian? Is that one of those toys I never knew about?" Oliver demanded.

"Ollie, please I don't have time for this. Get out of my way." Yarian said, trying to remain calm as Oliver was annoying her.

"Oh-hoh okay then. Enjoy playing with your new pet I guess." Oliver rolled his eyes as he walked off.

"Ugh... don't mind him, little one. My brother is super annoying... and quite stupid." Yarian said as she resumed running.

Yarian didn't find her mother, but found her sister Violet passing by. Yarian stopped next to Violet and grabbed her arm, causing Violet to gasp in startle.

"Yarian, what do you need?" Violet asked as she stood up straight again.

"This creature is injured and needs to be mended!" Yarian replied in a panic. Violet held Yarian by the shoulders to steady her shaking.

"Calm down, I got you. Let me see the creature." Violet said as she leaned down to look at the scared robot. She nodded before straightening up. "Come with me. I've never seen this before in my life."

Yarian followed Violet into her workshop, the creature looking around silently. Their mint green eyes shift quickly, their heart racing in fear.

"So will you be able to fix them?" Yarian asked Violet, setting the creature on a chair.

"Maybe, I just need to do a little bit of sampling from them. Can they speak at all?" Violet looked at the two. The creature tilted their head with a confused look. "I'll take that as a no. What form of communication can you do?"

The creature began moving their arms and hands around in rhythmic motion— as a form of sign language. Violet nodded as she began researching what language they learned from.

"Hmm... this document I found seems brand new... published a couple weeks ago. It's called Vurvinian universal language." Violet said, turning back to the creature which smiled wide while clapping their hands happily.

"Oh! That makes sense! If only I knew anything in that language..." Yarian said with a sigh.

"It's fine, Yarian. We should go to Vackes regarding languages. He has a translator. But first, it's time to start mending our new friend." Violet said as she got out surgical gear. Violet gave the creature sedative medicine to put them to sleep as she got ready for the mending process.

The creature was put under and was sedated peacefully. Yarian sat on a bench not far from Violet's workshop desk while Violet carefully mended the wound; restoring the tissue with materials she had stocked recently during her outing, replacing damaged and severed wires with new ones and mended the wound shut using welding tools.

The procedure lasted for three hours and Violet was cleaning up her workshop desk while waiting for the creature to wake up. Yarian was napping out of boredom until she heard whirring. She lifted her head up and saw the creature was waking up. They stretched and felt groggy while they sat up.

"Ah, you're awake at last. Your operation is complete, and we recommend you to rest." Violet said to the creature as she finished cleaning up. The creature looked at their arm, seeing where the wound was covered away and mended. They were very grateful as they cling onto Violet into a tight hug. Yarian walked up to the two to join in the hug. Violet and Yarian giggled in response for a long moment before Yarian and the creature were leaving Violet's workshop. The creature was walking next to Yarian as they went into her room. The creature looked around, admiring how huge her room was. The walls were monochrome blue with LED lights along the base and ceiling, the floors were a mix of glass and tile and the bed was a king size. The atmosphere was calming as the creature began to feel even more relaxed.

"I'm glad you're liking it here already. Won't you miss your friends?" Yarian asked, facing them. They nodded with a soft smile, not bothered by it.

"I would assume so. I'd miss my family and friends if I went missing and got injured on a strange planet." Yarian agreed. The creature looked like they were laughing with no sound in response to Yarian. The two then walked up to the bed to sit down and attempt to speak to each other through the creature's Vivurian language. The creature would correct any mistakes Yarian would make as the two would lightheartedly laugh at the mistakes. After an hour of interacting with each other, Yarian got the two ready for bed as it was the middle of the night.

"Ah, good night, little one." Yarian said softly to the creature. They purred in response before Yarian turned the lights off and preparing to sleep.

The next morning, Yarian woke up feeling refreshed and excited to start the day with her new friend. She looked over, seeing the creature was still sleeping peacefully. Yarian looked at her clock which displayed "9:34 am." Yarian was confused as to why she woke up so early. She didn't want to go back to sleep due to her excitement. Yarian got out of bed to get ready for a shower. She went into her walk-in closet to grab her clothes for the day. She went into the shower and turned on the water. The triple heads above her rained down warm droplets, covering her immediately with steam surrounding her inside of the bathroom.

While Yarian was taking a shower, the creature then began waking up. The creature got out of bed to start exploring. They ventured down the corridor, seeing how huge the windows were, admiring the patterns and slideshow digital monitors transitioning from one photo to another. What caught their attention was a family portrait of Yarian and her family members. The creature was quickly fixated and was watching the slideshow going on.

Yarian finished her shower and felt refreshed and clean. She put away her dirty clothing in her clothes basket before walking out of the bathroom. Yarian noticed the creature was not in bed and she grew worried. She ran out of the bedroom to go looking for them. It took her only a few minutes before finding them staring at the screen.

"There you are! You silly thing, I thought something happened to you!" Yarian giggled as she petted the creature. They looked at her with a smile in response.

"Let's go find Vackes so we can do some translation." Yarian said before starting to walk. The creature followed along beside her.It didn't take Yarian long at all to find Vackes in his and Oliver's room tinkering with a small device. Yarian knocked on the door to get his attention, which had Vackes look at her and adjusted his glasses.

"Hey, Yarian. What's up?" Vackes greeted. His voice was higher pitched than their other brothers, sounding a little feminine. Yarian didn't mind it as she walked in with the creature shyly behind her.

"Hey, Vackes. You have a translator, right?" Yarian asked.

"I do. I have four prototypes right now. Why do you ask?" Vackes answered in confusion. Yarian stepped out of the way to reveal the creature. Vackes widened his eyes and adjusted his glasses again to examine the creature.

"Whoa! I've never seen anything like it! Where did you find her?!" Vackes gasped.

"Her? It's a girl? How do you know?" Yarian tilted her head. "I found her behind a hedge at the garden." The creature nodded as she signed to Vackes, which he nodded in response.

"Ah, so she crashed on our planet, got shot by a laser and went to hide behind the hedge." Vackes said to Yarian.

"Wait, you can understand her?!" Yarian asked. The creature smiled wide to Vackes happily.

"Yes, I can understand her. I took the language class last year and can understand a lot of it. It's super easy to learn." Vackes replied with a nod. "Now, let's use this translator to see what the girl has to say."
When Vackes held up the microphone to the creature, she shook her head. She opens her mouth, but nothing comes out.

"Yeah, she doesn't speak verbally." Yarian said.

"Hmm.. then a translator would be useless for this situation. I'll watch and respond the best I can then." Vackes said as he set his translator aside. "Okay, so. Who are you?"

The creature signed in response which didn't take long for Vackes to figure it out.
"Ah, so your name is Cyber. What are you, Cyber?"
Cyber responded with a few movements that Vackes was not familiar with.

"What's wrong, Vackes?" Yarian asked, noticing his confusion.

"Uhh... I'm trying to figure this out... so you are a Cyber Ghost... called a whisper?" Vackes tried to guess. Cyber repeated her last sign pattern which confused Vackes more.

"A wisp?" Yarian guessed, which Cyber widened her eyes.

"I think you're close." Vackes said as he thought about it. "You spelled it as... W...1...S...P... it doesn't sound right."

Cyber hopped up and down quickly in excitement.
"You're a W1SP? Wow, how peculiar!" Vackes said.

"It sounds so cool!" Yarian gasped. "Where are you from?"
Cyber signed in response, Vackes gaped and rapidly searched up the planet.

"Oh wow! She's from Kurieiay!" Vackes said. "That planet is within our system too. Super far away, though. I wonder how they survive in the extreme cold."

"Maybe the robotic shell she has protects her from it." Yarian guessed, having Cyber nod. "We should take her home."

"Yeah, we should. But there is a war coming and we shouldn't leave the planet and risk our lives." Vackes pointed out.

"What, really?! Oh shoot, I didn't realise that! Yes good idea. Cyber, would you like to stay with us until the war is over?" Yarian asked her. Cyber nodded in response, clinging onto Yarian’s shirt.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17 1 1
War is coming to the human kingdoms in the stars. A nascent empire threatens its closest rival for supremacy. Moria is one of the few warriors with...
55 2 1
A novella in 20 chapters. When Henry's wife and child are killed in a car crash, he finds refuge in whiskey and writing. Once reaching rock-bottom, h...
867 15 8
The Island nation of Thyseria, home of the Amazons and the home to the most technologically advanced nation on the planet opens itself to the outsid...
23 0 10
(First draft now complete!) When Admiral Varhe crash lands on an old mining planet, he is thrust into the local conflict.