Heartstrings on the Blue Line...

By emmloui18

She meets a hockey player. She falls in love. He doesn't know what he wants. Distance separates the two. Will... More

chapter two: a normal day?
chapter three: game night
chapter four: the aftermath
chapter five: forced
chapter six: the "date"
chapter 7: what do we do now?
chapter eight: day out
chapter nine: not well
Chapter ten: competition
chapter eleven: facing fears
chapter twelve: its time
chapter thirteen: if only
chapter fourteen: constant
chapter fifteen: attached
chapter sixteen: responsibility
chapter seventeen: questions
chapter eighteen: my comfort person
chapter ninteen: problems
chapter twenty: dads home
chapter twenty-one: no regrets
chapter twenty-two - hangout
chapter twenty three- exam week
chapter twenty four- christmas
chapter twenty five - united again
chapter twenty six- lake house
chapter twenty seven- another day
chapter twenty eight- late night talking
chapter twenty eight - on thin ice
chapter thirty- solemn
chapter thirty one- back to vancouver
chapter thirty two- graduation
chapter thirty three- p.s i still love you
chapter thirty four: lab life
chapter thirty five: waking up dreaming
chapter thirty six- scotiabank centre
chapter thirty seven- see you again
chapter thirty eight- come back for me
chapter thirty nine: realizations
chapter forty: coming back
chapter fourty one

chapter one: an unfamiliar face

5.7K 26 2
By emmloui18

"Wake up Gen!" I can hear Eva harshly talking. She's shaking my shoulder and it wakes me up.

"You're not gonna have a lot of time to get ready for practice!" She shrieks.

" shit," I rush out of bed and hurriedly get some sweatpants and a comfy bra and shirt.

The dorm room is in havoc as Eva and I rush out to skate at the Bird Center. Coach Val is going to kill us if we are late. I hope the other girls on the skating team won't be bitches about it.

Since none of us have a car, we're forced to wait for the bus. We usually get on the Blue trip bus that stops right at the arena by 6:45. Gives us fifteen minutes to get ready.

It was 6:45 when we got to the bus station so we were going to be late.

"Fuck Gen, you made us late!" Quietly yelled Eva.
"We're fucked! Val is going to fucking kill us."

"The next bus comes in 5 minutes.." I add. "We're only going to be five minutes late." Still, I knew she was frustrated with me.

I can see Eva pacing slightly around the bus Station. She sometimes overthinks things.

Five minutes pass and the next bus does show up. Hurriedly, we get on the bus.

When I sit down beside Ava with our bags slung around our shoulders, I can see her knee, going up and down with nervousness.

" I'm sure Val will understand Eva, just please try to relax." I say to her trying to relax her.

" well, if she doesn't get pissed, I'm blaming it on you." She replies not looking at me.

Minutes pass and we arrive at the arena. Ava sprints out of the bus and into the arena while I just casually walk in.

After we get all changed and ready, we step out of the dressing room and into the rink. There she was in all of her glory. Val was standing on her phone looking pissed off. Once she looks up and sees Ava and I, she crosses her arms.

"Why are you guys late?" She asks.

"Well we- I mean I slept in and we missed our regular bus ride to the arena that got us on time for practices.." I explain.

She sighs and moves so we can get onto the ice.

"Two extra laps for you ladies!" She yells as we get father and farther away. She walks away from the ice to get her skates on I presume. She likes to teach by showing us and helping us grow.

Eva and I start with our regular warm ups, some stretches, and some laps. With the two extra laps pasted on, we were gassed by the time coach pulled all of us in to talk.

"We are going to be having the hockey team watching us practice. Their arena is under repair and since this is the only other rink, they have no other choice." Everyone groans and protests. "They all are assholes.." groans Kenzie.

"We can't do anything about it, it's all figured out by the board of athletics at this University." I roll my eyes hearing this.

There was only one person on that hockey team that I could actually tolerate and it was Kayde. He was nice to me. Him and I had some classes together and were paired up.

_______________________

While we were all sorted into groups of drills and exercises, a group of guys filed into the rink. Seeing the yellow and blue hats and coats, I connected the dots. It was the hockey team.

I was skating back to the boards where Eva was. She was looking at all of those guys that came into the arena.

I was taking a drink of my water when Ava spoke out of the blue.

"Oh my god! OH MY GOD!" Screams Eva.

"who is that?" I ask seeing someone unfamiliar in the stands with the hockey team.

"You seriously don't know who Quinn Hughes is?" She says.

"No.." I reply.

"I guess you'll figure it out. WHY IS HE HERE?" She continues to freak out.

"He must be famous for you to be fan girling so much over him.." it's like her eyes turn into hearts and are popping out of their sockets.

I look up and notice that he's looking at me.

He can't be. There must be someone else he's looking at.

I turn around just to reassure myself, and there is nobody there. 

I have to admit, he's really really handsome from afar. Since Eva claims he is famous, maybe I can look him up later.

I put my bottle back down and skate back to where I was supposed to be, continuing the exercise  coach has us doing.

           _______________________

It was September. That means that it's the start of hockey season and figure skating competitions often. I was in my senior year. I made a promise to myself that I would practice extra hard and maybe make it to nationals.

It was the end of practice, so everyone got off of the ice and made their way into the dressing room to get changed and get ready for the rest of their day.

Eva was waiting for me as I was brushing my hair in the mirror.

"I wonder what an NHL player was doing here. He literally plays for the Canucks." Ava kept going on and on about this guy.

"I have no clue, let's just get back to out dorm. I have Statistics so I need to be there on time." I take Eva's hand and we head out to the bus station.

I was thirsty so I told her to wait up for me at the bus while I got a Gatorade.

The hockey team comes out from the stand area and goes downstairs into the hallway where the many dressing rooms are. After all of them are gone, I see the familiar brunette come out after them. When he sees me, his eyes light up and he walks over to where I am.

"Hey.." he says to me.

Trying to decide what colour of Gatorade I want, I just muster a "hi." back and click buttons.

"You looked really good out there, I'm Quinn by the way." I turn to face him and he puts his hand out to shake mine. "Genevieve." I smile and look out the window of the arena seeing Eva waving at me at the bus. "Shit I have to go, it was nice meeting you." I say in a rush. "You too.." I hear in the distance. I take my Gatorade out of the machine and run leaving Quinn there.

I see Eva at the back. I sit down beside her.

"You'll never guess who I just talked to for a second." I said to her starting a conversation.

"NO WAY, YOU TALKED TO QUINN?" She whisper yelled.

"Yeah, it was just quick because I knew I had to go."

She gushes about him the whole ride back to our dorm.

           —————————————————

Stats was awful. I can tell I won't be liking that course so much over this semester.

I get home and just fall onto my bed. Staring at the ceiling, I remember my thoughts from this morning. I was going to look this Quinn guy up on google. I wanted to know who he was.

I pulled out my MacBook and typed his name in the search bar.

Google

Quintin Hughes is an American professional ice hockey defenseman and alternate captain for the Vancouver Canucks of the National Hockey League. Hughes was drafted seventh overall by the Canucks in the 2018 NHL Entry Draft. Prior to the draft, he was considered a top prospect player.

———————————————————————
So he was famous. He does play in the NHL so it's not very surprising.

I did a little more online investigating and also found his social media.

I was so tired from everything today that I put my computer down and just slept. I would look at his profile later.

Minutes later I drifted off to sleep.

———————————————————————

A/N

OK! So I realized that I am not interested in writing about F1 drivers, so why not make another hockey book!!!!

I chose Quinn because he is a cutie 😍😍

Anyways comment and vote!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

529K 6.4K 71
"You need to stop it with the fighting, Wade! On and off the ice. You can get killed out there!" She yells. She was so worried. His plumped red lip a...
675K 20.2K 42
2021 Watty's Shortlist! *Mostly edited* T/W: physical abuse "Why did you sign me up for Tinder?" I roll my eyes, "Why else do you think? To get you a...
22.7K 490 27
YOU'RE LOSING ME- LH43 IN WHICH- they were strangers then they became friends, they became lovers, they became strangers again. "𝙖𝙣𝙙 π™ž 𝙬𝙀π™ͺ𝙑𝙙...
26.8K 328 27
Cecily Perkins got the job of her dreams. After so many ups and downs, she finally had her dream life, but something was missing. She didn't bother t...