Paint it Black

By MongVie

Twelve Nameday Daemon Targaryen wakes up alone in the tent in the middle of nowhere with his father's sword a... More

Awoken
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14

Chapter 4

952 32 0
By MongVie

"Are you sure, uncle?" Rhaenyra asked; she looked clearly uncomfortable.

"You are the princess of Dragonstone, are you not?" Daemon asked.

"Well... yes... but..."

"No more but, stay seated, and don't you dare ever think to touch that damn wine flask." Daemon said from across the table.

Rhaenyra pouted but obeyed nonetheless,

One by one, members of the small council came and took their designated seats. All of them looked at Rhaenyra and Daemon in question, but none of them dared to ask why Daemon was there or why Rhaenyra did not start distributing the wine.

The last one who arrived was, of course, Viserys and Otto, both equally surprised, "Daemon? Rhaenyra?"

"Morning, brother." Daemon smiled at his older brother. "Am I still welcome at your council?"

"Well, of course you are still welcomed."

"Great, and one more thing, Brother."

"What is it?" Viserys asked while sitting down on his chair.

"I think you need to assign a new cup bearer, because Rhaenyra is old enough to take a more serious role at your council as Princess of Dragonstone."

Viserys looked at Rhaenyra; he fell silent for a bit before nodding, "Yes, yes, you're right, Rhaenyra indeed need to start learning to govern; I'll order council marbles made for the two of you,"

Rhaenyra beamed at Daemon.

Daemon gives Rhaenyra an 'I told you so' look that makes Rhaenyra roll her eyes.

The small council ran smoothly; they were discussing disputes at Riverland; as always, Otto chose to avoid confrontation and just compensate the Riverlords for their loss, which is the kind of choice that Viserys loves.

"I agree with Otto, What do you think, Daemon?" Viserys asked.

Before Daemon could speak his mind, Otto cut him off, "I think it not wise to ask such an important matter to Prince Daemon, Your Grace, since the prince was not updated yet on the current situation of the realm."

Daemon scoffed, "This kind of dispute has been happening since before my grandfather reign, Otto, the current situation of the realm was irrelevant with this matter because the Riverlords always dispute over the same thing."

"That's true... it's always because they want more territory for themselves." Viserys sighs.

Otto looks as he tries so hard not to roll his eyes at Viserys, "Still, I believe that Prince Daemon's lack of political skill may lead the King into making bad decisions."

So you want to play like that, huh? Fine, Cunt, let's play!

"Lack of political skill?" Daemon chuckles, "Do enlighten me who teaches you politics, Dear Otto."

"Pardon?"

"Probably your late lord father or Maester of your house right?" Daemon asked,

"...That is correct but I don't see the correlation here...."

"I don't want to brag, but," Daemon shrugged, "Archmaester Cetheres was the one who taught me politics; I bet you know him since he was really famous for his skill in Politic and Warcraft; my Grandfather personally summoned him from the citadel to teach Viserys and I, who else teaches us, Brother? Oh yeah! Septon Bart, too, isn't he? Oh, and not to forget to mention, every end of the month, my grandfather Late King Jaehaerys the Wise, would assess my progress in study himself; safe to say I may have more political aptitude than you." Daemon smirked when he saw Otto's stoic mask slipping from the humiliation he got.

"Still, there's a huge difference between theory and practice, my prince." Otto said between his gritted teeth.

Got you, Cunt!

"Well, I agree." Daemon said, which surprised almost all small council members, even Rhenyra gave, 'Have you lost your mind?' Look at Daemon.

Daemon swallowed his smile, "Yet if you want to measure someone's competence based on their experience, THEN isn't Lyonel more suitable to become Hand of The King than you Otto?"

Otto gasped loudly while Viserys looked at Daemon in a mix of surprise and curiosity.

"Lyonel studied at Citadel, earned six links, and had an exhaustive knowledge of law, and I also believe that Lyonel got a succession lesson to govern his domain, which a second son like you doesn't have an opportunity to get one. I'm sorry but in terms of Theory and Practice Lyonel was way above you, my dear Otto."

Otto immediately stood up and shot a murderous glare at Daemon.

Too bad he was not provoked enough to draw his sword and provide Daemon reason to behead him.

"Otto." Viserys sighs, "You know how my brother makes sport of provoking you, must you indulge him?"

It took a moment before Otto returned to his seat, "My apologies, your grace." He apologised half-heartedly.

Daemon clicked his tongue in amusement, "Besides improving your political aptitude it seems like you should also work on your temper. Dear Otto, after all a hand of the King needs a cool head to ensure he wouldn't lead the king into making bad decisions ."

Loud snorts slip from Rhaenyra's lips; she quickly fakes a cough to mask that.

Otto was flabbergasted; his face became too red look almost purple, as if someone was boiling him alive.

Taste your own poison, Snake!

"Daemon." Viserys may look like he gave Daemon a warning, but Daemon knew from his brother's eyes that his brother was holding back a laugh himself.

Daemon lifts both of his hands, a sign of surrender, "I'm done delivering pieces of my mind." He winks at Viserys

Viserys shakes his head in amusement.

***

"What was that?!" Rhaenyra's bottled emotions finally exploded when on their walk back after the council meeting.

"That's," Daemon flicked the tip of Rhaenyra's nose, "How you properly cook a snake, my pretty princess,"

Rhaenyra blushed, "at least you could give me some heads up, uncle!" She pouted

"And ruined the fun? Hell no!" Daemon laughed.

Rhaenyra pouted even more.

"Rhaenyra."

"Yes, Uncle?"

"You did an excellent job masking your unladylike snorts with a cough." Daemon winked at her before running ahead of Rhaenyra before his niece could smack him.

Daemon heard Rhaenyra gasping loudly, "UNCLE DAEMON!" She screams in embarrassment.

"I think I only order two Riding set, couple doublet and some breeches, the fuck this crates full of clothes come from?" Daemon asked in confusion.

"I ordered it for you uncle." Rhaenyra smiles sheepishly.

"You do? Why? I don't need this much clothes."

"You need it." Rhaenyra pouted.

"And why is that?"

"So we could wear a matching outfit!"

Daemon snorted, "a what?"

"Matching outfits, Uncle!" Rhaenyra starts tugging at the hem of Daemon's tunic; how could he possibly say no to this pretty girl? "Please, Uncle, we would look so cute together!"

Daemon chuckled, "Fine, fine, your word is my command, princess."

Rhaenyra squealed in delight; she quickly rummaged through the crates and pulled out a doublet that used the same fabric and material as the dress she currently wears.

"Seems that you had planned everything, huh?"

Rhaenyra grins at Daemon. "Change into this please." She handed over the doublet and dark leather breeches.

Daemon changed into the new outfit behind the screen, "Happy now?" Daemon asked as he stepped out from behind the screen with his new outfit.

Rhaenyra gasped then squealed in pure joy; she quickly pulled Daemon to in front of the mirror, "We look like twins!!" Rhaenyra squealed again while bouncing on her toes.

Daemon chuckled; they do look like one. "Here, let me do your hair, Rhaenyra." He offered to braid Rhaenyra's hair.

"Can I do yours too?"

"Sure, after I'm done with you."

Rhaenyra hummed happily while waiting her turn to braid Daemon's hair. Once they finished braiding each other's hair, they decided to take a stroll.

Almost every person they crossed paths with made a second glance at them; Rhaenyra couldn't stop smiling; she seemed really enjoying every reaction people made when they saw them.

***

Viserys choked before bursting into laughter when he saw Daemon and Rhaenyra show up with matching outfits, "Good Heavens! I feel like having a twin!" He coughs between laughter.

"I know right!" Rhaenyra emphasised.

Daemon chuckles.

"Jon, call the Royal painter. I need Daemon and Rhaenyra's portrait to be painted." Viserys told his butler.

"Understood, your grace." The butler answered.

"A portrait? Really?" Daemon chuckles.

"This." Viserys pointed at Daemon and Rhaenyra, "Need to be immortalised in painting."

"Fine, whatever." Daemon shook his head.

"How about making two paintings?" Rhaenyra suddenly asked.

"Two?"

"Uncle Daemon and I, and the other... the three of us... we... never had a portrait of the three of us." Rhaenyra said with a lowered gaze as if she was prepared to get a rejection.

Daemon gives Death a ' don't you dare say no, ' glare at his brother.

Viserys nodded, "Of course, Rhaenyra, let's also have portraits of the three of us drawn." Viserys turns to his butler, "Jon informs the painter we are going to make two!"

"Yes, your grace." Jon answered.

Rhaenyra drew a sharp breath and then beamed; she looked extremely relieved, she didn't say anything further, but Viserys and Daemon knew how happy she was.

The dinner started pleasant with a lot of chatter and laughter but suddenly turned awkward when Alicent suddenly showed up uninvited when Jon and other servants started serving the entree.

Alicent stood frozen at the door.

"Do you have business with my brother, Queen Alicent?" Daemon asked.

"I... ah..."

"If you want to join our dinner please sit down." Daemon pointed to the chair on the other end of the table, away from the three of them, "if not, do come back later for late night service perhaps."

Alicent gasped.

"Daemon." Viserys give him a disapproving look.

"What? She came uninvited and made my lamb chop cold!" Daemon protested.

Viserys sighs, "Alicent, whatever it is I believe it can wait, right?"

Alicent nodded solemnly and then left the room.

"Uncle, that's crude," Rhaenyra said once Alicent was gone.

"Rhaenyra right, Daemon." Viserys huffed.

Daemon rolled his eyes, "Fine, I'm sorry, shouldn't say that," he grumbled.

Viserys smiles fondly at Daemon, "Anyway, where were we?" He asked to resume their conversation.

"Ah yes! Uncle asked me how to Land a Dragon! He really does know how." Rhaenyra laughed.

"And Rhaenyra didn't help at all because she cannot describe how to with words!" Daemon groaned,

"All you need is to use your feelings, uncle."

"See how helpful your daughter was." Daemon huffed.

Viserys laughed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

654K 27.2K 77
Vaera Targaryen was the baby of the family and could do no wrong in her fathers' eyes. Including but not limited to threatening the queen, sleeping w...
19.3K 753 8
on the 10th day of the 6th moon of 81 AC, two targaryens were born, and the world would never be the same. maera and daemon were filled with dragonfi...
349K 8.6K 23
Aerea Targaryen the sensitive and shy twin sister of Deamon Targaryen. They were never apart and only cared for each other. Deamon was fiercely prote...
8.3K 333 21
Daemon Targaryen learned from his own experience that being nice to your bastard daughter might be surprisingly beneficial. Even more so when she was...