The Shadows of Fate

By Yunmis

In a world that's ruled by witches, Kuroko Tetsuya, a Shadow witch that's being hunted, stumbled upon a group... More

Prologue
Bridge over Shadows
Frantic feelings
Confusion
Hot surprises, Cold discovery
Countless questions, One answer
A stranger.
Settlement
Tightrope
Invisible string
Something inevitable
The energy that sprouts
Threatening to take over
Who will you save?
Composures
Incompletely complete
Driven to a corner
Healed and Drained
Unknown soul

Bright crystals, Dim thoughts

308 12 1
By Yunmis

Morning greeted Tetsuya with birds chirping outside his windows, sunlight seeping in, hitting him on the face. It's been awhile since he slept with ease, he relaxed easily. His energy is also coming back little by little.

He wondered what he should do today, it would be lovely to roam around and check the shops, since it's still too early there won't be crowds like yesterday. Although he's short of Yuons, he doubts it would be enough to even buy candles.

He sighed, being broke is not easy. He doesn't have any items to sell either. Another sigh left him, deciding that the bed is comfortable enough to stay there throughout the day-

A grumble escaped his stomach

On second thought; He'll eat breakfast first. Reluctantly, he left the warmth of the bed, promising that he'll come back after digesting his breakfast.

He strides down the staircase that leads to the open cafeteria. Thankfully the food comes free when you pay for a room. It's a good thing Tetsuya wouldn't be starving today.

He ordered himself a pancake with a warm vanilla milk, it's too early for milkshakes. His food arrived and he was stunned by how big the pancakes were. There were three of them, all were shaped in a perfect circle, and they're all fluffy!

And the first bite-the first bite is so soft. What the heck. Whoever made these pancakes is the best. And the Vanilla milk was perfect. The milk and the cream mixed so perfectly, the vanilla-oh the Vanilla is pure, It's not those powdered flavored ones or anything, it's pure and he could tell by the taste of it. And it's not too hot nor too cold either, it's the perfect warm temperature, if you know what that means.

It was a surprise to even Tetsuya himself that he managed to finish them all up. Usually he eats too little-by little I mean just two boiled eggs-everyday since he can't cook anything other than boiled eggs.

The shadow witch went back into his room after, and as promised, he went back to his bed.

He wanted to take a nap, but his mind was full of thoughts, thoughts like how big is this town, is this one of the tourist towns? Because it seems like it's famous with tourists. And in which town was he in? He still didn't know where this town is located and in which land it is located.

Do they have academies here? Is there a place where they can teach spells? And..are there witch hunters here? His mind spiraled down at the thought. The boy got up and went to the bathroom, deciding to go out for a walk because the bed is already cold with thoughts.

The street is peaceful, the talking was hushed, it's calm. The mornings in this town are calmer than the nights. He roamed around the open shops, majority of the shops are still closed but there are some who are open.

A Peach colored shop caught his attention, a Crystal store. He remembers having one in the village, he often buys black tourmaline for house protection. Maybe he should buy a crystal that can give him money, he badly needs yuons right now.

Entering the shop, he can sense the protection spells and the mood-boosting spells. He was greeted with a small "Welcome" by the shopkeeper. Tetsuya strolled in one of the aisles, the crystals are so organized. They're separated by name and they all have small tags with written information about it. It's great for those who don't know many crystals yet.

There are also accessories made out of pure crystals. A black bracelet caught my eyes, it's just pure black and nothing else, but my hand reached for it,

"I wonder what kind of crystal is this made of.." he ponders, unfortunately there's no tags attached with it.

The door opened, and he almost dropped the bracelet he's holding because of the sudden burn he felt on his chest. The place is familiar-his witch mark. His mark is burning and it's because he found his soulmate.

Soulmate?

He snapped his head to see a tall man with blonde hair talking to the shopkeeper, and then he felt it. He felt a rush of small energy flowing through him-a bright and warm one. He only felt it for a few seconds, but he's sure of it. The man who's far in front of him is his soulmate.

Tetsuya knows about soulmates and is aware that every single person has their soulmates. He just didn't prioritize or think about finding his. So it came as a surprise for him to find his soulmate to be in another town.

He turned his head back to the accessories laid upon him, and looked at the bracelet on his hand, pretending like he's admiring it.

He didn't have a good look at his face as it was facing him sideways, but he can already tell how pretty the boy was. His eyes are a shade darker than his hair, and his eyelashes are so long.

"That bracelet is made out of black onyx, a gemstone that's good for grounding, protection, and self-control."

A voice pulled him out of his thoughts making him turn to look at the person-and behind him was the person he's been thinking about.

____________________________________

A tall boy with medium length blonde hair hummed as he roamed the quiet street. Mornings are his favorite, especially early mornings like 6 am to 8 am. It's always peaceful during those times since not many are awake.

Another thing about mornings is that he can roam freely without girls crowding him. You see, this man is a model, a famous model in the main city. So it's not a surprise that he's also famous here in their town. He sighed, it's really a good thing he's a morning person.

And one thing he loved doing the most in the morning aside from waking up his boyfriends was Crystal shopping. It's always the perfect time to buy Crystals for his rituals and spells.

Aside from being a model, he's a Crystal witch, and honestly, it suits someone as charming as him.

He stopped walking in front of a store, his favorite Crystal store. Because not only is the shopkeeper so nice-but also because they have all the crystals-gemstones out there. And they're all pure, unlike some shops who scam people with fake ones.

As soon as he entered the shop, a familiar bell greeted him. He quietly went over one of the aisle, touching and examining the gems, when he came to a stop, he felt something burning on his right waist-what.

His mark is burning?

He glanced at the end of the aisle and he detected a small blue with Light blue hair. His mark burned more.

He was about to approach him when suddenly, the shopkeeper talked to him

"Ah, Ryouta-kun it's you."

"Good Morning, Ms. Fumiye." He bowed in greeting

"Good morning too Ryouta-kun, you're early as always huh."

"Well it's one of the perks of being an Early bird." The blonde laughed

"Are you looking for something specifically?" The lady asked

"None for now, Ms. Fumiye"

"I see, just call me if you're looking for something then."

"Will do." and with that the lady left to fix some stuff in the other aisle.

He resumed his intentions of approaching the boy, though he really didn't know why he was doing it. Maybe because of the possibility that he has another soulmate? Whether it was or not, he didn't know.

That's why he froze when he was right behind him, not knowing what to do, which is very unusual for a boy who can speak with everyone easily. He noticed the smaller holding and staring at a black bracelet, an onyx.

"That bracelet is made out of black onyx, a gemstone that's good for grounding, protection, and self-control."

He mindlessly thought aloud, which caused the boy in front of him flinch as he turned to look at him.

And boy was he cute.

Then he felt it. He felt the familiar flow of a new energy. A damn cold energy. He shivered as he felt it going away.

"Oh uhm-thank you...I was wondering what this is made of." The boy stuttered

What the heck-even his voice is cute!!

He cleared his throat and smiled, working on his charm (more like composure).

"It's no problem! My name is Kise Ryouta" Fuck why is he saying his name?! He should be turning around and leaving already!

"Oh. I'm Kuroko Tetsuya." The boy-Kuroko Tetsuya as he was told-bowed.

He's polite too! Unlike someone...

"I see, nice to meet you then Kuroko~!"

'There's no doubt about it, he's my soulmate. A new soulmate. But how? I'm-We're already...'

The boy-Kuroko puts back the bracelet he's holding. Huh? He's not buying it? He seems to like it though..

"You won't buy it?" Kise asked while Kuroko shook his head

"It's too expensive, I don't have enough Yuons.." The latter trailed...before lowering his head again-

"I have to go now uhm..Kise-kun, so I'll be taking my leave now. Thank you for helping me today."

The Crystal witch's head stopped- 'He said Kise-kun! The way he called my name was so CUTE what'

He barely stopped himself from having a nosebleed, he coughed again "It's no problem."

He watched as the smaller male left, he stood there for a moment, not knowing what to do. He looked back at the accessories in front of him and held his gaze on the black bracelet that Kuroko was holding earlier.

He didn't know what came into him for him to grab the bracelet and buy it. He exited the door and glanced side-by-side. The boy he was looking for was gone.

Kise sighed, what was he hoping for? The blonde walked on the early-street with a million thoughts inside his head.

He has another soulmate. Another soulmate. Is that even possible? I mean having more is possible sure but...aren't they complete already? The 6 of them. The bonds lined and completed. They're a whole already, they all felt complete as soon as their bonds aligned. And they've always been complete.

'But now I have another soulmate'

What should he do? Should he tell the others? But wouldn't that break them apart? What will the others say?

And for godsake he even thought of him as cute, CUTE!! Isn't that considered cheating??

Kise slapped his head on either side as he grimly stared at the bracelet on his hand, "What am I gonna do..."

The blonde spent his entire day buying items distracted. He didn't know what to do, what he should do. Memories of him meeting his other soulmate came into him, should he let him go? I mean it's not like he knows him...and the other didn't look affected when he talked to him. He should be affected because he just met Kise, his soulmate!!

Maybe he didn't feel it? But that doesn't make sense if he's Kise's soulmate. Soulmates should feel it at the same time...so why...

Was he just pretending he didn't feel anything?

Then that means rejection right? That means the other man doesn't want anything to do with him, it should be alright to let him go then.

His heart ached at the thought of it. He didn't know why. It should be alright forgetting him right? So why does his heart ache?

The male didn't realize he's now in front of his home, their home.

"Ah it's already night..." The whole day was a blur to him, everything went fast. He can vaguely remember anything that happened today except meeting another soulmate.

He fished his pocket for the key to their home, the others are not home by the looks of the lack of light. And it's quiet so they're definitely not home. Although it's unusual how his keys aren't in his pockets-oh shit. He forgot to bring his copy earlier!

"Dammit" He took his phone from his pocket to message one of his boyfriends. When he opened the messages between him and one of his soulmates, he typed, asking what time the others would come back. Before he hits send, he paused

Should I tell him about my other soulmate? But how? Do I tell him "Oh so you know earlier I found another soulmate, haha funny right? Even though we're already complete, I have another one ahahahaha"

Yeah right.

Kise groaned, this is killing him. He should've stayed home this morning, if he did then maybe he wouldn't find Kuroko at all. He wouldn't be stressing over this now.

Before his thoughts continued, a deep but soft voice pulled him out of his head.

"Kise?"

____________________________________

Author's note:

Second chapter: Posted.

I told ya'll upcoming chapters would be long. But now that we have a Kise appearance, who do you think is next?

I hope you enjoy this chapter, I'll see you again in a week mwamwa ❤ (ɔˆз(ˆ⌣ˆc)

- Yunmi ( ̄▽ ̄)/♡

Next chapter : Frantic feelings

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52.5K 1.4K 26
One day, Seirin realizes Kuroko's strange behavior. Kuroko comes day after day to practice, harboring more injuries than before. Is Kuroko holding a...
16.2K 394 8
I want to see Kurokocchi smile! Everything started with this exclamation said by Kise, and everyone was on the same page. So will they be able to mak...
130K 4.4K 80
She knows everything, but actually not! An absolute aura covering her but not quite! A lady with dignity, so close! She's similar to Akashi, but no s...
152K 4.7K 34
[ Aomine x OC ] "Love is vicious, it tears you apart as soon as you start to believe you could have it all." Miyoshi Riyo grew up with Aomine. They w...