๐ˆ๐๐€๐˜๐€๐€๐“

By aamorous

๐™„๐™ฃ ๐™ฌ๐™๐™ž๐™˜๐™, murtasim khan falls in love with meerab despite the difference and conflicts they did share... More

๐ˆ๐๐€๐˜๐€๐€๐“
๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿญ. ๐—ฏ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜ ๐—ณ๐—ฟ๐—ถ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐˜€
๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿฎ. ๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐—บ๐—ฒ ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚
๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿฏ. ๐—ต๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฒ, ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ๐˜ ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ฑ ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐˜‚๐˜€๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜€
๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿฐ. ๐˜€๐˜๐—ฟ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ด๐—ฒ ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด๐˜€
๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿฑ. ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ถ๐—ด๐—ป๐—ผ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฑ ๐—บ๐—ฒ
๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿฒ. ๐—ฎ ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—ป๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐˜€๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป
๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿด. ๐—ฏ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐—ธ ๐˜๐—ผ ๐˜€๐—พ๐˜‚๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ป๐—ฒ
๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿต. ๐—ฑ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐—ถ๐—ฎ๐—น

๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿณ. ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐—ฎ๐—บ๐—ผ๐˜‚๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฑ

1.2K 72 69
By aamorous

Changes are difficult to accept especially when it's in a person you thought of knowing well for ages and suddenly it turns out that your whole narrative about one turned out to be false. Meerab was struggling with the same since Murtasim confessed the truth about his disagreement regarding her law studies and the reason for the sacrifice of his ambition.

A practical human in her was not ready to come to terms with someone like Murtasim would get emotional for his father's love and sacrifice his career, dreams, and whole existence for the sake of his father and once shown affection in a lifetime. Last night, when she looked into his eyes, there was a completely different emotion and a version of Murtasim she had never seen before. Maybe, she might not see him again ever like that, he might never allow himself to open in front of her or anyone else in future.

It takes a lot to make a sacrifice and she might have never done that for anyone. She has questioned herself since night if she could do the same for her father but could not find an answer to the question. She couldn't imagine such a situation where she had to choose between her father and career.

"He was too brave to do that" Meerab mumbles to herself lost in thoughts not realizing Amaya was still around her and might have heard.

"Who's brave to do what?" a question immediately popped up by Amaya. Meerab mentally pats her head and shrugs her thoughts off getting up from the round chair that was placed in front of the mirror of the bedroom. "Nothing important" she replied turning back towards the mirror to check out her final look for the wedding ceremony they have to attend tonight.

A smile appeared on her face as she checked out herself in the mirror "I was so skeptical when you brought this saree for me but it turned out to look gorgeous" she said feeling unreal on earth. She is not a self-obsessed person but the saree chosen as an outfit was looking elegant on her.

Amaya shrugged off her shoulders proudly "I thought this would suit you best" she said smiling at her cousin and immediately added "It's Dua, who found this saree when we went shopping last afternoon alone because you refused to accompany us, you said you are tired after cooking" she reminded and gave credit at the same time to Dua before she finding out she wasn't credited rightly.

She smiled at Amaya running her hand through her hair entangling "Should I keep my hair like way? Natural bouncy hair are looking good, isn't it?" she asked still setting her hair with her hands.

Amaya nodded in agreement "You are looking so pretty" she said, Meerab chuckled at her words. "Is Dua coming with her family or with us?" she inquired as most of the time Baigs are invited to family functions of the Khan family and Dua is always with a group of Khan cousins. Amaya walked to the side of the couch and picked up a matching green dupatta with her suit.

"Uncle is out of town. She is coming with Taimoor bhai and Aaira bhabhi. She kinda wants to tease Taahir more, you know" Meerab informed with a mischievous smile on her face, Amaya cracked up. "Maa begum might caught them someday, I swear" she said

"It will be fun" Meerab winked

"Mariyam has already gone with Anwar mamu, Taahir is waiting down there. Shall we leave if you're done?" Amaya inquired taking a last glimpse of herself in the mirror, she looked gorgeous in the green suit.

Out of nowhere Murtasim crossed her mind again "Has Murtasim left for the village, he won't attend the wedding right?" she asked not showing any concern in her tone. She reasoned with him last night in the name Maa begum but somewhere she wanted him to stay back, as she thought maybe staying around people would help him to overcome his loneliness.

"Yes, I think. I haven't seen him since morning" Amaya replied and Meerab managed a smile at her cousin.

"Murtasim Khan" she mentally screamed his name "How would you find any reason to smile if you keep running away from the reasons" she thought gritting her teeth.

On the other hand, Maa Begum was passing through the hallway near the living room after getting ready for the function. She heard a familiar voice coming much for her to wonder who was there as Mariyam had already left with Anwar, Waqas, and Anila were waiting in car for her to come outside while her younger son was waiting downstairs for both of his cousins to get ready.

Automatically, her feet walked towards the living room and when she reached there she recognized it was Murtasim talking on the phone. "Murtasim" she called out in surprise. When her eldest son wasn't found in the house early morning she assumed he had left for the village without meeting her nevertheless she was happy as he stayed for a couple of days which never happened in the last three years.

Murtasim turned around to face his mother "Yes, I will be coming tomorrow morning. Yes, yes" he said disconnecting the call and walking up to his mother with a little smile on his face "Jee, maa sahab" he spoke with tenderness in his tone which she always found missing since he took over his father's position.

He was dressed up in a white shalwar kameez. Was he attending a function with them, after a long time? "You didn't go back to the village? I hadn't seen you since morning so I thought you went back there" she said, her tone well expressing her astonishment at his presence.

"You wanted me to go back? Well, Meerab told me you would like it if I stayed back for a while" he spoke clasping his hand back and standing straight not realizing he wasn't supposed to mention her name in front of his mother. Nevertheless, he has been wondering nothing but the same. He wasn't supposed to be here but in the village instead, he chose to stay back as Meerab's words were still echoing in his ears "you should stay" he was stuck there since night.

Now he has started questioning his inner self, he doesn't want to even think about having feelings for Meerab. He has screamed inside hundreds of times in a day that he can't have feelings for her, they just can't be a thing but all his actions were referring in the same direction. She might not take even a second to kill him if he makes things obvious for her to identify soon.

No, he wasn't falling in love her─he warned himself. He has been connected with her since childhood and her rude behaviour just affected him like his father's. She is a part of his family and nothing more, there are no feelings otherwise.

He scolded himself.

"Meerab?" she asks, suspiciousness in her tone was seen immediately. She wondered if something was cooking under her nose and she had no idea about that. Is Meerab the reason behind her son's changed behavior, his sudden urge to stay back in the house and smile on his face which was missing since his father passed away? As she remembers, there was not a single moment she saw them talking like normal humans. Out of nowhere why would she tell him that his mother would like him to stay back?

Murtasim realizes he made a mistake, he nods "Yes. The night I came back everyone was on the terrace, there she randomly mentioned to all" he covered up but he was well aware of his mother's sharp mind, he has to be careful with his mother now.

Maa begum mods in agreement showing off she brought his story without questioning him further. She smiled touching his cheek "I'm happy that you decided to stay back for me, God bless you" she said smiling at him.

"Come let's go, we are getting late for the wedding" he said. His mother seemed normal to him but his mind spoke otherwise, he could sense she suspected him after his sudden behavior change. Maybe, behaving normally like before would help him a little to divert his mother.

"Waqas and Anila are waiting for me outside, in the car. Taahir, Amaya, and Meerab are still around, bring them with you" she instructed her son and he nodded in agreement without arguing with his mother.

He rubbed his forehead once Maa begum left the room and he was finally allowed to breathe in relief. The way Maa Begum looked at him in that nanosecond was enough to know she wasn't convinced but just pretended, he hoped she never found out about his conversation with Meerab last night when nobody was around.

It will create havoc in the house like anything.

Taking a long breath again he walked out of the living room making his way towards the stairs near the dining area where his younger brother was wandering, waiting for their cousin who was taking forever to get ready.

"You are looking handsome, bhai" Taahir complimented when Murtasim reached near. "But I thought you left for the village" he added

Murtasim shut his eyes for a moment calming down himself as his brother was the third person questioning him same after his chacha sahab first and later maa begum. "Do you even have a problem with me staying back?" he sternly with his rough voice.

Taahir nodded negatively with a cheeky smile "No. I was just wondering how Meerab convinced you to stay back" he said questionably twisting his lips "What is exactly cooking in between you two?" he questioned

Murtasim eyes widened at the mention of Meerab but he decided not to react and give him any hint when he was confused inside "What does that mean?" he asked scanning his younger brother's face and his mischievous expression was telling him that knew something.

"Hmmm" he said nodding positively "Maybe I was mistaken that night on the terrace when you were looking at Meerab, getting jealous of Azhaan bhai and maybe it was someone else sneaking out of your bedroom last night. Should I check my eyes, bhai?" he questioned with seriousness on his face.

Since the day Murtasima returned, he had observed his elder brother's behavior which was evidently weird. He caught his brother for the very first time when jealousy was visibly seen in his behavior but he did not want to judge on basics of one thing. But when last night when he came back from the office late, he coincidently saw Meerab walking out of his brother's room direction.

For once he thought he misunderstood and Meerab might be in the garden area that was attached to Murtasim's room but when he reached there to confirm Murtasim was standing next to the entrance of the room with a smile on his face.

"Dare you to say another word and you know me" Murtasim warned stepping closer to his brother in a threatening manner "Do not forget Meerab is the daughter of this family and you should not say anything like this" he added with wrath in his tone. He looked away for a moment calming down himself "It's not what you are thinking" he replied continuing to look away.

Taahir nodded in agreement, acting like he understood the point "Your eyes speak otherwise" he commented. He wants to believe there is nothing in between them but his brother's action and behavior was suspicious for him to believe and he was mature enough to understand what was happening with Murtasim.

"You are exaggerating" Murtasim said. He feared the same that someone might notice the way he had been acting for days and unfortunately, he was caught up by one of the most wrong people in the house. Taahir would take a second to give Meerab an idea that he might have something for her.

"Well, in that case, good for you because Meerab is a case you can't handle and I can't say about you but she does not look at you in any other way except the enemy. You're not her type!" he grinned, teasing to elder brother to test his patience at best.

Murtasim narrowed his eyebrows immediately turning back at his brother and questioning "What does that mean?" he asked.

He shrugged his shoulders "You should ask Meerab, she will explain to you better why you do not fit in the list of her type" he replied suppressing his smile.

Murtasim clutches his jaw tight attempting to hide his frustration "I'm your elder brother in case you have forgotten, you are not supposed to talk like this with me" he said shooting stern glares at him. "And dare you I see you around Dua today, I'll get you married and make sure your wife handles you well" he added taking his eyes off. Taahir's word made him angry to drag Dua in between.

Taahir panicked knowing his brother had the power to do as he said "Bhai. You are so unfair to me all the time, I might run away someday because of you" Before he could speak anything further Murtasim interrupted "Run" he spoke

"Bhai" Taahir called out in surprise

"Well, I'm just being a supportive brother" Murtasim faked a smile at him and looked upstairs when he could hear some voice coming. Meerab and Amaya were standing there, last minute checking something in a handbag to not notice both of them were standing downstairs.

His eyes stuck there when he saw her and everything seemed frozen to him. She looked eternal in a white saree which had the shade of silver and embellished in crystals paired with a green full-sleeve blouse that fitted her perfectly fine. Her simply open hairstyle with middle parting and bouncy hair enchanted her look even more and those diamond studs were just the cherry on top of the cake.

She looked so elegant for him to take his eyes off at that moment, he was even aware of the fact that he was shamelessly staring at women he claimed to dislike. He never admired her carefully before to realizing she is so beautiful to make his breath stop in a matter of seconds. He gulped in anticipation while his eyes still lingered on her refusing to look away despite his younger brother standing next to him.

Taahir eyed his elder brother from the corner of eyes and caught him staring at Meerab. He smiled under the nose and moved closer to him "It can be seen, bhai" Taahir murmured in Murtasim's ear but he was too busy to effortlessly ignore the words "You are in love" he said smiling and moved back at his place.

Murtasim veered looking at him with a look of realization and Taahir nodded at him in agreement confirming his unquestioned answer. Was he in love with Meerab? Was he in love all the time for the last three years when he had the urge to see her smiling, to be with her, to talk to her, and the way his heart burned every time he saw her with Azhaan?

"No. I'm not" he answered to Taahir, pacifying himself.

"Murtasim?" he heard Amaya calling him out. His eyes moved from Taahir to upstairs when busy Meerab abruptly looked down at the same time accidentally resulting in their eye contact. Her lips curved into a smile seeing him "He stayed back" she murmured to herself.

Her eyes lingered on him for the first time, he looked charming in the crafted white shalwar kameez with embroidered motifs with golden details, stitched to fit to perfection. They were kind of twining as the shade of her whitish-silver saree almost seemed the same as the color of his kurta.

He looked extraordinarily handsome!

Taahir's words continued to ring in Murtasim's ear while he could sense his heartbeat increasing every second her feet approached the stairs to climb down. He gulped when accidentally again their eyes met and he immediately looked away fearing to be caught up by three of them.

His younger brother was already on the field to expose him, Amaya is smart to know sooner or later and Meerab will kill him first before letting him explain. Nevertheless, he was still confused about naming the emotions he had been experiencing for days now or maybe years since Meerab left him.

Yeah, that's what he thinks, she left him.

He felt it was too early to declare his feelings as love, he might be simply attracted towards her, or maybe years of distance between them was pulling him more towards her. He doesn't wish to confuse his unknown feelings with love. He has hurt her twice, he can't do it again and lost her forever in his life.

"I thought you wouldn't attend the function, Humza bhai will be so happy to see you there" Amaya said to Murtasim as she got down before Meerab, she was walking slowly because of the saree she had worn.

He smiled nodding in agreement as words refused to come out of his throat seeing Meerab approaching towards them. "Aha... Meerab looks gorgeous in a saree, isn't it Murtasim bhai?" he said intending to tease his elder brother when Meerab reached there.

Her glares at him were enough for him to go dumbstruck but the moment didn't allow him, Murtasim nodded steadily in agreement without showing any exact expressions on his face. "Just be careful, don't fall" Taahir said again, looking back at Meerab and she hit his hand. "Shut up" she murmured to him making a face and he laughed off.

"Shall we leave?" Amaya asked looking at the duo and Murtasim agreed as they were already running late and the wedding ceremony was scheduled at a fixed time.

"I have to pick up Aasma Khala from her house because Azhaan Bhai was with Humza the entire day and he didn't go back home. So I will pick her up, as you are coming now so bring them with you" Taahir said looking at his brother. "Try to concentrate on the road instead of around, you might end up having an accident" he said playfully and walked away from the trio.

"What does that mean?" Meerab asks

"Nothing, he's just an idiot" Murtasim spoke staring at the disappearing figure of his brother. Meerab and Amaya shared a look shrugging off their shoulders "Both are idiots" Meerab mumbled making Amaya giggle.

After half an hour of drive, they reached the venue where the wedding was supposed to happen. "Where is Dua?" Meerab mumbled to herself while they continued to make their way inside the beautiful lawn decorated with white themed flowers and lights. Amaya was glaring around when she saw her paternal uncle. "I will be back" she said to Murtasim as Meerab was engrossed in peeking in her phone.

Once Anaya left he stared at Meerab, who was now looking around in search of her best friend. He had a pretty hard time keeping his eyes off her tonight, she was looking insane pretty making it difficult for him. He can't agree with Taahir about being in love with her but at the same time, he can't deny the fact that he has been attracted towards her since days.

He was mesmerized by her beauty and on the verge of being caught by anyone from his family. Even he is aware of the fact that he is looking at her like he had never before but she was too busy to notice. She didn't even look at him carefully for once or complimented him for the look. He thought.

"Can you see Dua around?" Meerab veered at him abruptly to find him already staring at her. He nods negatively disappointing her and sighs thinking he is so busy admiring her that he hardly looks around people. "I will call her again" she murmured to herself, taking steps ahead walking.

He was matching with her steps and walking side by side, his eyes didn't miss to stare at her randomly without getting caught up. Dialing Dua's number Meerab looked around when her foot stammered resulting in her almost falling, Murtasim immediately came to rescue holding her before she ends up against the ground. His right hand holds her by the shoulder and in the process his left hand goes on her bare waist.

She had her eyes shut tight thinking she might hit the ground anything but to her surprise, realized Murtasim's strong hold on her shoulder and waist. Opening her eyes she looked up at him making eye contact "You saved me" she mumbled with a soft expression on her face. Her body felt pale to his touch on her bare waist, nobody ever touched her before, and surprisingly his touch wasn't uncomfortable to her.

He nodded "Yeah, I saved you as always" he said helping her to stand properly and looking around to check if someone caught them in such a position to misunderstand. His intentions were purely to save her from getting hurt but his hand on her waist was a big deal for anyone who sees. Fortunately, they were saved because busy people around missed the moment.

"Thank you" she said. He looked back to find her a little nervous about the moment they shared "You have never worn a saree before, be careful" he said acting normal as of nothing happened "Who will marry you in case you fall and get your face damaged" he said sternly looking away

Meerab's soft facial expressions turned into stern looks "I see you are counting the days when I will get married and leave the house" she said shooting glares at him and he shrugged her shoulders off "You have to marry someone and leave, what's big deal?" he said sounding obvious

She mentally screamed his name and wished she could kill him right away, rather she calmed down her anger. She fakes a smile at him "Don't worry not everyone looks at a beautiful face, some look for the beauty of the soul and I know someone who will marry me anyway. Don't worry about me and look after yourself, who's gonna marry you with this attitude" she ends up chiding at him.

His eyes shot up at the mention of 'someone' and he couldn't stop himself from taking a step ahead despite the fact they were standing in a place where people could see them easily. "Who it is?" he questioned back immediately getting salty about the potential fact she might have someone in her life or maybe she was referring to Azhaan─after all he's the only man who would accept her the way she is.

"Well, I'm not obliged to inform you about my personal life. Seek out for yourself first, Murtasim. Who knows your potential wife must be around, the one maa begum mentioned about? Maybe, Haya" she said reminding him about his mother's words. He hissed at the mentioned of name, he did not wish to encounter Haya this evening.

He was enraged with thoughts already and his mother's words were another sword dancing over his head. He knew this would come at him someday and he was ready to marry anyone in his mother's name then why suddenly marrying someone else seem a big deal? And what should he do with his heart that beats even faster when Meerab is around him, near him?

What about the unexplained jealousy he feels sees her with Azhaan and now after thinking she might have someone in her life nevertheless he doubts she will ever dare to break this rule of the family? What if the someone she mentioned is none other than Azhaan? All the thoughts crossing his mind made him feel restless inside and then his younger brother had added fuel to the fire giving him the idea of being in love with her and at a same time saying he is not her type.

How can he fall for someone whom he hated his entire childhood? Even if he falls for her but she won't accept him ever in life knowing being his wife ties her with the responsibility of being Khaani. She won't change herself for him, she won't take responsibility that comes with him and neither he can change himself for her.

"Great" he murmured snatching her phone from hand, leaving her surprised "What the hell?" she said loud. "Handle your saree first" he said. "I won't be there to save you every time" he added and walked away taking his eyes off her, he was pissed with her now.

"Murtasim!" she chided at him following back "I hate you so much," she said

"Thank you" he mumbled to her

Meanwhile, Azhaan standing at a distance was watching Meerab when Dua walked next to him. His eyes were fixed in one direction and it took a second for her to realize that he was staring at Meerab. She smiled clasping her hand with his which grabbed his attention, for a second he flinched, turning to look at person.

"You scared me for a second" he said exhaling. She giggled at his expression "Who else can do this except me? I have anyway brother zoned everyone, nobody questions me" She said assuring and Azhaan nodded knowing her bond with him is well known by everyone to question.

He looked back at Meerab, who was now following Murtasim. Dua looks in the same direction for a moment and turns back at him "Ab toh dil ki baat keh de meerab se bhai, ek tarfa aashiqui se ghar nahi basaa karte. Mujhe toh daar hain kahi aap Meerab ke bachon ke mamu jaan baan kar na rah jaye" she said playfully to tease him

( Just confess your love to Meerab, bhai. One sided love doesn't result in anything. I fear you would end up being maternal uncle of Meerab's children )

He immediately turned looking at her "Dua" he sighed and looked away thinking for a moment. Well, she wasn't completely wrong because his Salma khala might be thinking about the same since Amaya is engaged, and next it's Meerab's turn and she's enough young to get married.

"I just feel she is not ready to marry" he said looking back at her. "She has come back just now, she must be waiting for her results and planning for the future. I don't think marriage is anywhere near in his head" he sighs sounding off

Dua nodded in agreement "You understand her well" she said with a comforting smile on her face. "But you know maa begum. What if she finds someone for her and she agrees? As far as I have figured out from her talks that indicates she doesn't have a problem with arranged marriage with anyone" she said pressing her lips for a second.

He thought for a second and looked back at Dua with a smile making her suspect he had something on his mind "You told me once she had a crush on me in teenage, find out what she thinks about me now?" he said with a requesting look.

"What will I get instead?" she asks with a playful girn display on her lips "Whatever you want. Take my card get anything you like, okay?" he asks. She smiles wide confirming him "Done" she said shaking hands with him.

"Azhaan" they heard Anwar calling him. He nodded in agreement indicating he was coming "Do not forget about it" he said before leaving and she smiled at his childish girn he had before leaving.

Dua turned back to find Murtasim and Meerab still around, giving looks to each other and her phone was in his hand which she was trying to get back. She was carefully looking at both when Mariyam came and stood next to her "What are looking at?" she questioned with curiosity to know.

"They give such a husband-wife vibe" Dua says in fear. Her mind has been around the same thought since the day they came back and feared her manifestation would come out true which she did out of fun.

Mariyam looked at Meerab and Murtasim standing next to one another, it seemed like they were silently murmuring while passing a tight smile to everyone who passed by or walked up to them to say hello. "They look so good together" she said like realization hit her for the first time.

"I have a strong feeling something is gonna happen" Dua said to Mariyam, sounding stressed out. "She's coming" Mariyam murmured when she saw Meerab approaching them and singled Dua to act normal fearing she might kill them after knowing what was the topic of discussion.

"I was searching for you everywhere" Meerab said complaining to Dua. She checked her phone which was on silent mode and found 4 missed calls from her best friend "Sorry" she threw a nervous smile.

"You look beautiful, Meerab" Mariyam said in a cheerful tone "Be careful with all the phuppos around and their single sons" she said playfully, Dua laughed at the thought. "Don't scare me, Mariyam, I will run away right now before ending up in trouble" she said worriedly.

"Where is Taahir?" Dua questioned trying to show as much interest as possible for her.

"Flirting around, maybe-" Mariyam said playfully. Dua rolled her eyes at the comment "I don't care" she said sounding off with the sudden thought of him being around but with someone else, being extra friendly as always.

"Yeah. We can see how much you don't care" Mariyam said pulling her leg even more. She loves to tease the secret love bird of the family.

"Mariyam, stop it" Meerab glared at her younger sister "He is not here yet, he had gone to Aasma Chachi to pick her up" she said informing both. Dua showed as if she doesn't care about it but deep down she does care about everything that relates to him. All the time he kept flirting and she kept falling all the time helplessly only to end up pretending she had nothing for him.

The trio continued to chat for a while, they clicked some group pictures and solos. Later they went and sat on a chair placed around a round table before finally Taahir walked in with a bright smile on his face. "Hello, pretty ladies" he said cheerfully while his eyes stuck at Dua right in front of him in the beautiful red suit, heavy earrings, and her golden curls just added perfection to the look.

When the girl in red refused to look at him, he turned to Meerab to inquire in sign language if he had done something wrong and she nodded in disagreement to his relief. "Dua... kaise hain aap?" he asks in a playful tone, smiling at her sitting next to Meerab on the chair.

( Dua... how are you? )

Dua turned at him with the sweetest smile "Haseen. Kya khayal hain aapka iss bare mein?" she asked with a playful smile leaning forward and resting her face on the palm supporting her chin.

( Beautiful. What do you think about this? )

He looked away laughing "Masha'Allah! Haseen toh aap bahut hai bas hum thoda majboor hain" he replied playfully. Dua stared at him carefully this time, he looked handsome in a black sherwani and messy hair suited him well.

( Masha'Allah! Indeed you are beautiful but I'm just a little helpless )

Meerab suppressed her giggles looking away not wanting to interrupt but Mariyam couldn't help "Yeh shayari thi? Bahut buri thi, aap rahne de bhai" she said making a face

( Was it poetry? It was very bad, you leave it bhai )

Dua laughed out accompanied by Meerab after a second, looking at his fallen face they immediately stopped and she thought to reply to him teasing little "Rahne bhi de Taahir aap, mard bhi kabhi majboor hote hain kya? Aap toh bas darte hain apni maa begum se, waise buzdil mard ko mohabbat karne se pehle sau baar sochna chahiye" she said looking at him with a teasing look.

( Let it be Tahir, are men also sometimes helpless? You are just afraid of your Maa Begum, such a cowardly man should think a hundred times before falling in love )

"Aisa nahi hain, main nahi darta maa begum se" he said taking offense. Only if he hadn't bonded with family tradition, he might have expressed his feelings to Dua back then. He can't dare to go against his family and hurt everyone.

( It's not like that, I am not afraid of Maa Begum )

"Maa begum, aap?" Mariyam said looking back at the Taahir which alerted him. He feared his mother had heard the entire conversation, he veered around with fear to find none was standing there. Soon after he could hear a burst of laughter coming from three and he understood Mariyam fooled him. "Meerab, you too?" he said.

( Maa Begum, you? )

"I didn't do anything" she said smiling at him and they continued to gossip.

A couple of hours passed, the wedding ceremony was done, and people were wishing the couple and blessing them for happy life ahead. People around were talking and enjoying food.

"I'm tired" Meerab said looking at Azhaan, who was standing next to her looking around the lawn. He was tired as since tomorrow he was with groom and looking after the arrangements of function as Humza was pretty close to him for the last few years.

"I'm going home. Should I drop you on the way?" he asks. He was so tired to be around for another second, he needed a little rest after a long and hectic day. "Yes, please" she said making a exhausted face. Tho she looked pretty like never before in a saree but handling it was a task and she doubted if she would wear it ever again.

He nods with a not-so-energetic face "I will be in the parking area, inform Anila Chachi or she will get worried" he says walking out of the lawn. After five minutes of walking, he reached the parking area. It was a little dark around making it difficult to identify the car.

"Azhaan?" he heard Murtasim's voice when he put his hand in the pocket of his kurta to get smart keys. "Are you leaving for home?" he questioned the next moment Azhaan looked up at him.

"Yes, actually-" he couldn't speak further when Meerab walked in from back and stood next to him without realizing Murtasim was there too "Let's go" she said sounding exhausted.

He nodded at her and turned to Murtasim "That's what I wanted to say, I have to drop her first" he said making Meerab realize he was there too. When she stared at his face there was something different, an emotion she failed to acknowledge. He has been acting strange for days and she failed to sum up what was going on in his mind.

When she looked into his eyes for a moment the scenario flashed in front of her eyes when he was holding her, his hand on her bare waist. His seductive touch still made her breath hitched, she had never thought of him except as an enemy but this moment was stuck in her mind to bother.

"I'm leaving for home too" he said licking his dry lip in instants. She gulped when his words felt more like an invitation to her and his tone made it more difficult than ever before for her to make a decision. She never felt stuck before between these two, the air around suddenly seemed less for her to inhale.

Meerab veered back at Azhaan disappointing Murtasim, and making him feel rejected. He felt so stupid indirectly asking her to come with him when he was well aware of the fact she would always choose her favorite cousin, Azhaan over him.

to be continued

──────────────────

firstly apologizes for delay, I had a hectic schedule to write plus little lazy. will try to be regular with updates from now onwards, promise haha!

let me know how was the update.

and what do you think, what's next? will meerab leave with azhaan?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

111K 4K 31
Life takes an unexpected turn for Meerab and Murtasim,as they are bound to face each other. As they fight the battles of ego,hate and self respect wi...
127K 5.7K 47
He was born to rule, on land and high in the skies. She, it seemed, was born to reign over him. He had defied all odds in his life. She was hell-bent...
76.5K 4.8K 45
In a story shaped by fate, Khan Murtasim Khan and Meerab Waqas Ahmed are brought together to get married, a union forged by their fathers' hopes to t...
80.6K 4.6K 33
He's the man of his words, An arrogant Man with so much power in his hands and she's an soft-hearted girl, who believes in fairytale. What will happe...