I CAN SEE YOU; jesse swanson...

By theloserizzy

"and we kept everything professional but something's changed, it's something i-i like they keep watchful eye... More

[ 00. prologue ]
[ 01. barden university ]
[ 02. the barden bellas ]
[ 03. a-ca-children ]
[ 04. chloe has nodes ]
[ 05. the riff-off ]
[ 06. the breakfast club ]
[ 07. solos and secrets ]
[ 08. regionals ]
[ 09. the fat amy force ]
[ 10. flight attendant training? ]
[ 11. party in the usa ]
[ 12. semi-finals ]
[ 13. spring break ]
[ 14. group sharing ]
[ 15. just the way you are ]
[ 16. bright lights and magic ]
[ 17. the ending's the best part ]
[ 18. the whole world hates us ]
[ 19. a party and a new bella ]
[ 20. das sound machine ]
[ 21. *fart noise* ]
[ 22. the second riff-off ]
[ 23. don't you forget about me ]
[ 24. that girl is a problem ]
[ 25. aubrey's retreat ]
[ 26. campfire confessions ]
[ 27. copenhagen ]
[ 28. the worlds ]
[ 29. goodbye ]
[ 30. bellas reunion ]
[ 31. b-team bellas ]
[ 32. welcome to spain ]
[ 33. hotel room drama ]
[ 34. tarted up ]
[ 35. stacie's baby ]
[ 37. toxic ]
[ 38. the aftermath ]
[ 39. the best part ]
[ 40. epilogue ]

[ 36. creepy black van ]

997 32 55
By theloserizzy

| y/n's pov |

AFTER PERFORMING IN Spain, Italy and Greece in the span of three days, we were in France.

As we were guided into the hotel by Chicago, I was feeling sick.

"Okay, welcome to the South of France." Chicago said as we walked into the lobby. "We wanted to do something kind of special for you guys."

"This feels like a group date on The Bachelor." Flo stated as we marvelled at the sight of the hotel's interior.

"You good, dude?" Beca asked me as we put down our bags and I nodded.

"Oh, yeah, I'm great." I nodded, glancing at my phone. I hadn't spoken to Jesse since Spain because of how busy I'd been, along with the time zones. It was 3 am in L.A. at this point in time, so if I had texted him, he wouldn't have even seen it.

We hung around in the lobby before getting to our rooms and leaving our bags.

"Hey, Y/N, we're gonna go out and look around." Chloe said, sticking her head into my room. "You wanna come?"

I felt like I was going to throw up. I actually did in Greece the morning we got there. It was probably just a mix of nerves and being so tired and...

I jumped to my feet before running to the bathroom and throwing up in the toilet.

"Oh! Y/N, are you okay?" Chloe rushed over and I nodded.

"I think I'm just homesick." I shrugged it off before vomiting a little bit more. Chloe rubbed my back until I was okay.

"You sure?" She asked and I nodded.

"Yeah, it's only happened today and yesterday morning." I played it off. "I'm sure I'm fine, I'm just tired, or maybe I ate something—"

"Or..." Chloe quirked an eyebrow and smiled.

"Or what?"

"When was the last time you and Jesse did it?"

"Did it? What are we? Twelve?" I scoffed before answering. "Like a month ago."

"Ooh. And when was the last time you got your period?" She asked.

"Seriously, Chloe? Like two months ag... oh."

Chloe grinned and clapped her hands together. She stood up and grabbed my hands. "Come on, we're going out."

"Where?" I asked, trying to push down the horrible sick and nervous feeling in my gut that had bubbled due to my recent epiphany.

"Out and around with the others, but first we need to find you a pregnancy test." Chloe seemed super excited and I was at a loss for words.

Stacie had just given birth like three days earlier and now this was happening? And why did it have to happen when I was in France and Jesse was in Los Angeles.

---

LONG STORY SHORT, after taking three different tests, all three results said positive.

As in pregnancy positive. As in I was pregnant. As in there was a baby growing inside of me.

I hasn't told any of the others, except Chloe because she had been with me.

So we were sat at a table at a café having drinks.

"So, do you know how to do this? How do you do this?" Aubrey was asking.

"Pour the water over the sugar, and smash..."

I was staring down at my phone on the table in front of me. I had just sent Jesse a text. Or more.

I need to talk to you about something important.
Call me when you wake up.
Please.
It's really important.

"Do you guys know where Beca is?" Emily asked and I lifted my head to look around. I hadn't seen her since we had gotten to the hotel, which was almost two hours before. "Theo must've said something to her by now. The show's literally tomorrow."

"I know."

"Guys, if Khaled picks us, it'll be our last show together." Chloe spoke and started getting emotional before raising her glass. "Bellas, a toast."

"Ah, a Chloe toast." Emily murmured and I smiled.

"They say that... home is where the heart is. But you guys are the homes that my heart lives in." Chloe spoke. "I am inside of all of you. Except for Y/N, she has a baby inside of her. Cheers."

"What?" Aubrey gasped and a few others looked to me. I sat awkwardly and clicked my glass of water with Chloe's.

"Cheers." I spoke half-enthusiastically while the Bellas looked at me with open mouths.

"Cheers!" Aubrey raised her glass with a grin and everyone was clinking their glasses.

Emily spat her drink back into her cup. "Wait, you're pregnant?"

"Guys, I love you so much." Chloe cried.

"I, um, only just found out..." I nodded and cleared my throat awkwardly. The idea of it was strange, but I didn't mind it. It was scary, but not in a repelling way. I was kind of excited.

Maybe what Stacie and the other girls had said to me about it made me feel a little bit better about everything. I still needed to talk to Jesse though, and he was asleep on the other side of the world.

"Excuse me." A man in a suit came up to us. "Um, are you the Bellas?"

"Yes."

"Oui, monsieur."

"Sí."

"My name is Henri." The man introduced. "Chicago sent me to take you to the USO reception."

"Reception?" I asked.

"Chicago never mentioned any reception." Aubrey looked confused.

"Something about an announcement?" Henri looked between us.

"Oh. We won."

"Did we win?"

"Um, we need to find our friends," Chloe told Henri. "Beca and Fat Amy."

"Oh, they are already there with Chicago."

"Oh."

"Perfect." Flo was quick to her feet. "Let's not keep this handsome Frenchman waiting. Let's go. Shotgun!"

I slipped my phone into my pocket and slowly got up with the rest of my friends.

"Ready?"

"I guess we should go. Let's go."

"Hey, let's go."

We were all guided into the back of a large black van, which I did not have a good feeling about.

But the guy said he knew Chicago, so maybe it was just some weird army thing.

In the back of the van, the others were singing while I stared at my text message to Stacie that was refusing to send.

When the song ended the others clapped for themselves happily and I did the same.

"Oh, la vache. The singing sounded very good." Henri complimented from the front seat.

"Oh, merci beaucoup, Henri." Emily grinned.

"Um, are we almost there?" Chloe asked.

"Uh, yes. In fact..."

"'Cause it feels like we've been driving forever." Emily groaned.

"...We are right here." Henri sent the dark screen up that split us in the back of the van away from him in the front as he got out.

Most of the others tried lifting the shades on the windows, they wouldn't budge.

"I can't move it."

"I can't see. I can't see anything."

"Why won't the shade go up? It's, like, stuck."

"It's so dark out there."

"Can you guys see out yours?"

"No, I can't see."

"Well, this don't seem right."

Apparently I had a bad feeling for a good reason, because then the van seemed to jolt and there was rattling and creaking outside.

"What was that?" Chloe whispered.

"I don't know, what was that?" Aubrey responded.

"What?"

"What happened?"

"Huh?"

"I don't know."

"Hang on. You guys," Emily started. "Are we... Are we floating?"

"Why would we be floating?"

"What?"

A loud boat horn went off and the dread settled in.

"Oh, my God. We're dead." I sunk back in my seat.

"You guys, I can't open the door." Chloe said.

"What? The door's not opening?"

"It's the old van-ferry death-trap manoeuvre." Flo spoke. "I should've seen it coming."

"Oh, God."

"What!?"

"Open it. Open the door."

"Help!"

"Does anybody's cell phone work?" Emily asked over all the yelling and I quickly pulled mine out.

"Where's my cell phone?" A few of them looked around.

"No service." Chloe and I announced at the same time.

"No service. There's nothing."

"That's so inconvenient."

"Hell's bells."

"We could scream on the count of three?" Emily suggested.

"Okay, one, two, three..."

"Help!"

look guys... hear me out... i don't usually like pregnancy storylines but... come on... a-ca-children...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14K 606 19
Lynn Jones attends Barden University, on her first day on campus, a certain blonde captures her attention. See how stalking someone to an audition, m...
82.5K 1.8K 25
"If you don't trust me then maybe we shouldn't be together." "I wonder why you think that." "Keep an eye on who you let into the Trebles." or In w...
9.2K 550 33
Miley is the daughter of the president of America, who's forced to go undercover, because of the threats she's getting. Beca Mitchell works for the c...
78.8K 1.6K 23
Leaving her dream of fame behind, Beca Mitchell comes back to Barden to do her mother's one dying favor, to teach. Life as a professor wasn't so bad...