That Girl (modern!reader×kny)

By kyokyoumai

(i do not own the picture above) ______________________________________ When a normal girl from the 21st cent... More

~introduction~
Confusion
Realization
Past
What?
Hashira
A/N
Meeting
King Of The Demons
Again, Questioning Everything.
New Mission
Mugen Train #1
Mugen Train #2
A/N
In A Dream
unheard conversations with the slayers pt.1
unheard/unknown conversations with the demons pt.2
Enmu, Lower Moon 1
2k!!!
Rengoku Kyojuro
What the hashiras think about (Y/n) Pt. 1
What the Hashiras think about (Y/n) Pt.2
A/N
The End Of Enmu
Akaza
Akaza Pt.2
4k
OC
5k
Set Your Heart Ablaze
random
After The Fight
6k
Sound Hashira, Uzui Tengen
The Entertainment District
~Insert Yourself~
7k
A New Friend
8k
9k
Memories
Behind The Storyline
10k
New Art!
Moonlight
Daki, Upper Moon 6
14k
15k
The Setting Sun
16k
Once Again;
I'm Back
Spiral

Origins, Unknown Pt. 1

96 3 1
By kyokyoumai

(Y/n)'s POV:-

"Hm.. So this is the place?" I asked in a rather unsettling manner.

"Yes, I suppose it is. Looks.. weird." Tanjiro replied.

"Ehe.. Oh, sheesh, what's that?!" (Y/n) asked, seemingly scared, with her voice kind of muffled.

"Huh? What's that where— Oh, goodness.."

Tanjiro and (Y/n) spotted a random crow going straight up smash in a building. Blood flowing out of the crow as it fell to the ground from the lofty building.

"That was not what I wanted to see. That looks hella worse than demons, seriously." (Y/n) awkwardly chuckled.

"Yes."

"Uh— wait.. That building.. Uh, why does it look kind of.. modern?.."

She just noticed, the building looked far different from what was usually seen in the Taisho-era of Japan, also in the world of Demon Slayer.

What was going on?

"... Modern? (Y/n), that's just a normal mansion. What do you mean..?" Tanjiro asked, confused.

(Y/n) glanced back at the building again, and now was greeted with the sight of.. a normal Japanese-styled mansion..?

"Uh, I mean— Dude, Tanjiro! I just saw a modern type of house! Why did it change?!"
Aira retorted back, trying to defend herself.

".. Modern house..? (Y/n), I-i think.. Have you considered wearing glasses?"

"Tanjiro, seriously?!"

"My apologies. Let's move on forward.. Please tell me if you see anything out of the blue or unusual."

"Got it."

With that being said, they both made their way inside the village. But their trailing was abruptly cut off by a group of villagers and a pile of talismans.

"Hey, you two!"

"ARGH! GHOSTS!"

"No, Kintei. They're people."

".. Oh."

"What are you two doing here?! How did you even get inside?!" One of the villagsrs asked.

"Please don't panic! We both are here to solve whatever problems you have!" Tanjiro said, though panicking himself.

"That's right, Tanjiro! Tell them!" (Y/n) goaled with Tanjiro.

"Huh? We've had enough! A lot of people like this came  and it only seemed to worsen the ghost's crimes! So get away!"

"We're here to help, please believe us.." (Y/n) added, trying to convince them.

"No wa—"

"If they're offering to help, is this how you treat them?" A man, who seemed rather very young compared to the man speaking before, interrupted.

"Who the hell is he?"

(Y/n) thought to herself, seemingly confused at the sheer amount of new people that were getting entangled in the conversation.

"U-uh, sir! W-we were just—"

"No excuse is going to help you anymore."

"B-but sir.."

"Let them in."

"Damn it! I-i mean.. s-sure.. sir.."

"..Hey, Tanjiro? Who's that dude?"

(Y/n) asked, whispering to Tanjiro in hopes of not interrupting the other young man's conversation.

"I don't quite know myself.. Maybe he's the village's chief?" Tanjiro replied, seemingly doubtful of his own words.

"Village chief? But I thought oldies were the ones who were the chiefs of villages..." (Y/n) trailed off.

"Yes, that's why I don't really know if my speculation is correct.."

"Oh, maybe the demon devoured the village's chief, too?"

"Your kasugai crow said that the demon only devoured old people, right? Maybe that's why.. This guy might be the acting chief of this village! That makes sense!" (Y/n) said, proud of herself for finally saying one thing that made sense.

"Now that you say about it, it seems to make sense.. I think you're right." He started.

"Anyways, just to make sure, I think we should discuss about this with that guy." Tanjiro replied, processing the information in his mind.

"Oh, sure, then."

"You two! The chief is calling you both inside. Come on, fast!" A man said, his voice full of spite as he stared at Tanjiro and (Y/n) with a frown.

"Coming, dude!" (Y/n) replied, nonchalantly, pulling the poor Tanjiro with her.

The two of them made their way towards the room where the chief was seemingly inside.

(Y/n) dragged her feet inside the room. There was the young man both of them saw before. He's the chief, huh.

"Please, take a seat." The man politely said.

"Woah, finally a guy who isn't frowning at us!" (Y/n) thought to herself.

"Hello, sir.. What is the matter with your village? The peopld are panicking.."

Tanjiro started, unsure of how to talk to the man, even though he knew about the demon devouring the people.

"Ah, you two are here for that.. A lot of people like you two recently came, but they disappeared along with some of the people." The man calmly stated.

"H-huh? Were those the kanoe-ranked slayers sent before us?!"

________________________________
                       —×—

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

82.1K 3.1K 22
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃ 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇, a girl with spider powers gets stuck in a universe and can't leave. As she tries to survive and figure out how to...
20.9K 384 32
✎ Little did you know that crossing paths with the founder of the Eternal Paradise Faith cult would change your life forever. Ever since he turned yo...
509 60 6
After battling the lower moon one, Aku was invited to join the group on the Mugen Train. Here, they encounter many demons and the flame hashira, who...
206K 5.5K 71
【𝗖𝗢𝗠𝗣𝗟𝗘𝗧𝗘𝗗】 "𝐈 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮" "𝐈 𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐭𝐞𝐜𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮, 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐨𝐚𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐨 𝐲�...