When the Tide Switches - Rafe...

By svevarossi2

Lillian Bianca Jones and Rafe Cameron have been enemies for as long as they can remember, but when the tide s... More

Prologue
๐ŸซถCHARACTERS๐Ÿซถ
Playlist๐Ÿซถ
Chapter 1- The Boneyard
Chapter 2- Homeboy Likes You
Chapter 3- Thorton Playboy
Chapter 4- Big Revelations
Chapter 5- Mind Games
Chapter 6- For What It's Worth
Chapter 7- My Person
Chapter 8- Heavenly Looks
Chapter 9- Apologies & Discoveries
Chapter 10- He Missed It
Chapter 11- Damage Control
Chapter 12- Dead Past
Chapter 13- Cozy Future
Chapter 14- Revealing Comforts
Chapter 15- A Big Secret
Chapter 16- Stupid Dare
Chapter 17- Meaningful Words
Chapter 18- Love Bomb
Chapter 19- What A Night
Chapter 20- Tough Day
Chapter 21- Party Hustle
Chapter 22- Throwing Up The Past
Chapter 23- Celebration of Love
Chapter 24- Police Sirens
Chapter 25- The Truth Comes Out
Chapter 26- Open Mouth
Chapter 28- He Did It
Chapter 29- Finally Together
Face-Claim
Chapter 30- Back To Real Life
Chapter 31- Clubbing on the Mainland
Chapter 32- Altruism or Selfishness?
Chapter 33- What The Fuck
Little Update
Chapter 34- Midsummers Fiasco (Part 1)
Chapter 34- Midsummers Fiasco (Part 2)
Chapter 34- Midsummers Fiasco (Part 3)
Editing
Chapter 34- Midsummers Fiasco (Part 4)
Chapter 35- Unmerited Favours
Chapter 36- Harmful Memories
Chapter 37- Used To Saying It
Update
Chapter 38- The Monster's Gone

Chapter 27- Anger & Panic

480 8 2
By svevarossi2

Rafe's POV: 

It was around two p.m. and I was working on admission's essay for Brown, well, the re-do. I applied to Brown after Lillian showed me about the scholarship. 

I didn't know how it was going to work out, but I tried. Before bailing Topper and Lillian's friends out of jail, I had gotten an email from Brown. I still remember every word of it, 

"Dear Mr. Cameron, we are sorry to inform you that we have declined your application. Curriculum-wise, you were one of our top candidates, but economically, you didn't seem in exact need of a full-ride scholarship. Unfortunately, we have no more spots for normal enrolment. Due to that, we cannot accept you to Brown University. We hope to receive an application from you next year. Kind Regards, The Brown University Admissions Team." When I read it, my brain stopped for a second. 

I had made up all these possibilities in my mind of me going there, possibly also Lillian. Me finally moving forward with my dream to become a lawyer. The best part would've been having Lillian by my side the whole time. But no, all those dreams were going to stay a fantasy. 

To be honest I fully understood the reason why I got rejected. I am extremely privileged, and I certainly don't need a scholarship economically. But the thing that Brown wouldn't know is that if I decided to take this step I would've been cut off by my father and as a result broke. 

When Lillian said to me 'If you really want something, like you really want it, you'll get it. Just don't give up on it, you will have endless chances as long as you keep getting back up.' That's when I knew that it wasn't over yet. I was going to get into Brown somehow. 

So I contacted the heads of admissions and asked them if there was any possibility to be put on a waitlist, for any scholarship, or even a normal spot. They got back to me and told me that this year they were handling the waitlist slightly differently than usual. 

They said that we would have to write an essay, then they would select five candidates and they would have to perform a speech in front of the heads of the college. Then they would all make a final decision together. So there I was, working on my essay. 

Right as I started writing someone knocked on my door, I assumed Sarah. "Busy," I yelled. She opened the door either way which made me yell; "Sarah get out!" She chuckled at me which made me realize it wasn't Sarah, I knew that chuckle, it was Lillian. 

That chuckle lit up my day every single day. I lifted my face from my bed to look at her. "What a nice way to greet me," She said and I stood up. 

"Sorry I thought you were Sarah," I said and she smiled at me. I gave her a soft kiss. "What were you doing?" She said and glanced at my computer. 

"Nothing," I said and shut it closed. "Okay?" she said. 

"You ready to go?" I asked her and she nodded. "Are you?" She asked me which made me look at what I was wearing. Sweatpants and a white tee. 

"Oh shit, I'm not," I said and pulled out of my closet my golfing outfit. I put it on quickly in front of her and she chuckled, her eyes going to my abs. "I am now," I said and she smiled brightly at me, oh that smile. 

We headed towards the country club. In the car, I kept questioning if she was mad at me and she kept saying that she wasn't so after a while, I believed her. We arrived at the club and headed towards the golf course. I looked around for Max, and Lillian followed my glance. 

"There he is, I'll go take my clubs from the lockers you can go to him," I said pointing in the direction of Max, he was facing the opposite direction. "Okay, I love you," Lillian said to me. "I love you more," I answered. 

Hearing those three words exit her mouth always made me feel a certain way. It was the next level of happiness, it was joy and care, I always felt worried that I would screw it up, but no. She loved me and I loved her, nothing was getting in the way of that. I gave her a quick kiss and left in the direction of the lockers. 

I went inside the club and found my locker. I took my clubs and walked towards the entrance of the course. "Cameron," Someone said to me which made me turn around. "Um, Dylan?" I said to the man as I turned around. 

Dylan Thorton. Topper's cousin, the guy who tried to get Lillian in a room with him. The guy that caused our relationship to start. I should be grateful to him for that but under the circumstances, I hated him. 

"Yeah, how are you doing?" Dylan asked me. "Piss off Thorton," I said to him as I walked off. "How's your slut doing?" he asked me, I stopped and turned around, clenching my jaw. 

"What did you just call her?" I said to him, I immediately saw red. "You heard me, Cameron," Dylan said. I walked towards him and grabbed him by his collar. "Why don't you repeat that for me," I threatened, almost lifting him off his feet. 

"You know, you think I'd be scared of you, but I can already predict Lillian and I fucking after she leaves you," he said, that's when my mind stopped speaking to me. I punched him in his jaw, he let out a loud groan. 

I was about to throw another punch when I heard screaming. It was Lillian. I immediately left my grip on him and ran out to the course. 

I went there, and no one was there. Not a sign of a single person. I heard a car drive away and immediately ran out of the country club trying to follow it. Had anything happened to Lillian? I heard her scream and she was gone, the answer clearly was yes. 

I ran after the car and tried my best to remember the plate, although they were speeding. It was a green SUV. One I had never seen before. 

"Lillian," I screamed, was she in that car? I reached into my pocket to call Lillian. Maybe she was fine and I just misunderstood the situation. I touched my pocket and my phone was missing. 

"Fuck," I yelled. Where the fuck was it? This was no time to mess around. I ran back to the golf course, and I didn't know how, probably out of anger, knocked a golf cart upside down. "Fuck," I yelled, I'm pretty sure everyone in the Outer Banks heard me. 

I ran back to the lockers, to find Dylan. I was 1000% sure he had taken my phone, but why? Of course, he wasn't there, "pussy" I murmured. 

I ran out to my car, and as I saw it I noticed that someone had slashed one of its tires. I didn't know what the hell was going on. But I knew Lillian wasn't safe, that was enough to turn me into someone I didn't know. I started running towards my house, to grab my bike. I didn't know what I was doing. 

"Lillian," I screamed, it almost came out as a sob. I ran as fast as I possibly could, something was off. My anger was slowly taking over my whole body and for the first time in a month, Lillian wasn't there to help me through it. 

I realized how much I depended on her, she was home, my safe space. And she was in danger. Causing me to freak out, just like I used to do before her. I felt like the whole world was spinning as I finally reached Tanny Hill. 

I got on my bike at the fastest speed ever. As I hopped on it, without putting my helmet on, I started driving to the cut. More specifically the Chateau. I had to work smartly, even through my anger. I knew that Sarah would be there, I also knew that she might have known something. 

Either way, I wasn't sure if I should've called the police or not, and I knew that without Sarah there I would freak out too much. I biked there, my speed was probably 80 miles per hour which was way too fast, but I didn't give a shit. 

The whole time I was panting, scared to death that something had happened to my beautiful girl. 

That's when something, someone, pulled into my mind. Daniel. Was he behind all this shit? Fuck. 

As soon as I arrived at the Chateau I quickly got off my bike and let it fall to the ground. I didn't give a shit about that right now. 

"Sarah," I yelled, urgency in my voice. Jj exited the house and rolled his eyes. "What do you want," Jj said to me with a pissed tone. I ignored him. 

"Sarah?" I yelled again louder. She finally got out of the house. 

"Rafe, what are you doing here?" Sarah said as she rolled her eyes. 

"It's about Lillian," I said. I was freaking out. Even saying a single word now was hard for me and I didn't even know if she was in danger, this might all have been a misunderstanding. 

"What?" Sarah said, this time she had a slightly concerned look on her face. "Call her, now, fast," I yelled, Sarah jumped at how loud I was being and quickly got her phone out, she was babbling questions which I ignored. 

Meanwhile, all the pogues were outside, alarmed looks on their faces. 

She called Lillian, the phone rang two times before someone picked up. 

"Hey Sarah, missed me?" the person said, I knew that voice, it was Max. "Daniel?" Sarah yelled a look on her face that seemed as if someone had just died. 

What the fuck?  

Notes from the Author: 

DRAMAAAA 

Ok but fr I'm so so so excited for this book and thank you for reading guysssss!!! 

Sorry that I waited a while to update but I was travelling so I couldn't really write as much. Tomorrow I'm going to post to make it up to you guys!! But then I'm also starting school so I will be posting like 2/3/4 times a week.

Please vote or comment your thoughts about the book so far, I appreciate very single comment and they always make my day so thank you if you do🫶

I love you all so much! X!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.4K 24 18
kaylin parker was born a kook, but lost everything after her mother passed away. now she lives on the cut, and is best friends with the pouges. will...
1M 13.1K 80
๐˜ช๐˜ต ๐˜ค๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜จ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ธ๐˜ข๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ด, ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ถ๐˜ด ๐˜ข๐˜ธ๐˜ข๐˜บ, ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜จ๐˜ฉ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ธ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ, ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ญ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฆ...
351K 4.5K 81
Kayla Smith was in love with a Kook, but after they broke up. She started to fall for a pogue. Rafe still has feelings for her and is trying to win h...