Resisting Rosaleen (18+)

By valjeca02

Revived and rewritten Captivating Camillo Description: After being caught with a substitute teacher, Rosaleen... More

Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
Epilogue - Nikolas Camillo POV

7

5.1K 175 89
By valjeca02

Imagine that you had a son. That son grew to be a strong, tall, and handsome young man who decides that he wants to serve the country and its citizens. Your son joins the academy and passes with flying colors. He becomes promoted a few times and even considers joining the military to do more. He trains and trains but then a big security agency comes to him with an offer to work for rich people in exchange for a fat paycheck, double benefits, a place to stay, a car, and even a wardrobe allowance. He gets employed by the rich and finds his one true purpose in life which is to carry Rosaleen Martin's shopping bags on Sundays.

"I bet your parents are proud of you," I commented, pulling my phone out to take a picture of Jared who had six bags of Victoria's Secret, two bags of Loewe, about a dozen Zaras, and three Vuittons. He snarled.

"I'll keep this as a remembrance," I said, pertaining to the photo, "for when I finally get rid of you."

"Should I take this to the car first?" he wondered as I led him into another shop.

"Well, actually, I'm done. I just wanted cupcakes."

The smell of sugary pastries drifted into my nose. It made my stomach rumble. I've been to this shopping boulevard many times before but I've never went into this cafe despite the many times I found it cute from the outside. Today was a good time to try it.

Jared found a table and put the bags down. I had him order me three varied cupcakes, a latte, and whatever he wanted. He came back with my order and as I indulged, he stood to the side.

"I told you to get yourself something," I looked at him, "I'm not sharing these with you."

The cupcakes tasted divine but I've had better at home.

"Work hours," he simply said, "Not my boss."

"Well, at least sit down, you're making me feel awkward."

He sighed before pulling out the chair across mine and sitting. He was so big you could barely see the chair anymore.

"So, Jared," I sipped my drink, burning my tongue in the process, "is it just Jared?"

He looked hesitant, "Cohen."

"Jared Cohen," I nodded, "if I offered to pay you extra to leave me alone, would you? Wyatt wouldn't have to know."

He looked judgy, "It's not just for the money, you know. You're part of the job and I'm dedicated to my job."

"That almost sounded romantic," I said, "What about if I pay you double it?"

"No, thank you," he said, "and I doubt you can do that. It's still technically your brother's money and he can track where his money goes."

"In cash then?" I tried again.

"Ms. Martin, I don't—"

"Do you know why my brother hired you?"

"He mentioned it was your father's idea. And no, but it wouldn't make a difference." He finally leaned back into his chair, looking slightly relaxed, "A job is a job."

"It's because I ran away," I said. I didn't know where it came from. I didn't plan on becoming a fictional plot writer today but as Barbie said: you can be anything.

That seemed to intrigue the man. He silently urged me to go on.

"You've obviously noticed that it's just me and my brother. It's always been just us. Our dad for the first few years, but after Wyatt started to work for himself, it's just been us," I shifted in my seat. The story wouldn't completely be a lie. What damage would it do to bend the truth just a teeny weeny bit? "But ever since I turned eighteen, I've been wanting to reunite with my mother."

I let my words falter, showing discomfort to convince him.

"The thing is, they hate her. Absolutely hate her. I've tried everything to get in contact but they wouldn't let me." I was careful with my choice of words.

"I've had it one night and ran away," I shrugged, "I went to her last known address, hoping I could find her there but I didn't. Eventually, all clues led to nothing and Wyatt found me before I could get a new lead."

I let my eyes get watery. It was a trick that had more to do with the control I had on my eyes than whatever sad things I could imagine to provoke tears. I've mastered it through the years. Even the sobs, the slight change in breathing, the soft tremble of my lips, the change in posture, down to the way my fingers sit on my lap.

"I just wanted to meet my mother, Jared," a tear fell on cue, "and these men—these people, they wouldn't let me. And now there's you. They think because you're here now, that would stop me. But I haven't stopped."

He looked taken aback from my vulnerability. He addressed me by my name this time, "Rose," but I cut him off.

"I found another address," I began, "From what I gathered, she lives there with her three children. Her last husband abandoned her. She's been struggling financially. And I just have to help her, Jared. Please."

My eyes landed on the shoppings bags. How could a spoiled brat drastically change into a sincere emotional one in just a matter of minutes? Well... "Those things I bought. They aren't for me, they're for her. I going to see her, Jared, and you won't stop me."

He stared at me, dumbfounded, even sad. Then, he sighed.

"You're telling the truth?" With the way he asked, I could tell he was close to cracking. I nodded.

"Tonight," without thinking, I reached over and took his hand in mine. It surprised us both, "I was planning to go tonight."

Jared pouted slightly. He looked boyish and cute with it despite the big-man-in-suit-esque. He groaned to himself before saying, "Fine. Fine. What do you want?"

Jared was quiet on our ride home. I let myself look sad as I stared out the window despite the constant urge to pull my phone out and stalk Henry Cavill. As soon as we got home, I went straight to my room in what, hopefully, seemed like angst. Then, I got ready for the party.

I got dressed quickly and snuck out, driving my own car this time. It's been a long while since I've sat in my favorite seat. I felt like I was the mother reunited with her daughter, daughter being the wheel. I should truly turn the car pink on the inside and out, for Jared's amusement.

Aiden's house looked serene. It was of Victorian architecture and sat on lush, well-kept green grass. Rows of hedges and tall trees decorated the yard and circular driveway. The house itself was baby blue, white, and gray which were colors that reminded me of Aiden himself. He greeted us in a pale yellow polo and beige pants, looking like a polished golf baby. What projected his personality though was the bright red apron with the words 'Get a load of my meat!' printed in white, and a big cartoon sausage where the crotch would be.

The boy prepared me early dinner as we waited for the others. Like all his other dishes, it tasted heavenly.

"I think Jie and Jeric like each other."

Aiden snickered, a knowing look accompanying it, "Of course they do. They're exes."

"Oh?" I muttered at a loss for the perfect response. It intriguing information but the steak had all my attention.

Following the spontaneous burst of info, "I think you and Sean like each other," Aiden said.

"And why do you think that?"

"A hunch."

"Aiden, we fucked," I said blankly.

He opened his mouth, about to say something, then closed it again. He paused the movie. Their largest TV was located in the kitchen. Correction, Aiden's kitchen, as he had taken ownership of the whole territory and was in-charge of anything food-related, even grocery shopping which impressed me.

"Well, that's not awkward at all," he said sarcastically.

I cringed, suddenly empathetic for the good friend, "Sorry," even though I had nothing to apologize for.

"Eh, it's fine," he pressed play, "As long as you don't make the rest of us uncomfortable. It was hell on earth when Jie and Jeric broke up."

It's just sex, nothing else. Plus, I like someone else."

Even the smoothie tasted exquisite. Aiden, whose own life lacked spice in the love department, voiced his reminder, "Just don't get yourself in a sticky situation, Rose. Prevention is better than cure."

Eventually, the other arrived and Aiden let Jie and I get ready in one out of seven guest rooms. I've been to a lot of big houses but it was the Phillips' household that made me feel at home the most. The guest suites had everything—every concern a guest might have, they had a solution for it right away: the floor was heated, there were spare clothes, underwear, and even shoes; there was even a spare phone, a new Netflix account assigned specifically for that room, and etc. down to the smallest details. Now I know why Aiden's the way he is: his parents must be very caring people too.

Nicki Minaj blasted through the speakers as I applied an extra layer of Blinc Mascara. Satisfied with my eyelashes, I proceeded to put a layer of dark red lipstick on my lips. Should I go glossy or matte? Glossy is fun and pretty until the wind blows and your hair sticks to your lips so I went with the latter option.

Jared texted me that Wyatt was out on a date so I had nothing to worry about. Knowing his patterns, the man will probably take the girl to his bachelor's pad near his office, the one he doesn't know that I know about. It was smart of him to acquire the separate property as I am unable to count how many half-naked women I'd seen in the morning at our home beforehand.

Once both Jie and I were done, we walked to the living room where the boys were watching F1. I could never understand the hype. It was just guys driving cars. Aside from driving skills, wouldn't it just depend on how good your vehicle is?

We agreed to share a ride in case some end up too intoxicated to drive for themselves. Jeric's was the biggest and Sean volunteered to drive.

"Hold on a sec," Aiden padded to the kitchen and reemerged with a paper bag in hand, "Here," he said with a smile.

My heart turned into putty. Aiden Phillips, ladies and gentlemen, packed me some of his amazing food.

"A-Aiden, thanks," I took the bag from him, "This is so thoughtful of you."

"Nah, it's nothing. There was a lot of food left and since you love it so much, why not take some home?" he smiled sweetly at me. It's not every day I encounter people like Aiden. Friends like him are special.

I took the food to the car with me, hoping to remember to bring it home. The windows were down and the speakers were up in Jeric's white Rolls-Royce. I sat in between Aiden and Jie in the back. We all sang along to Migos except for Jie who said she strictly listened to Indie.

By the time we made it to the bar, I was already high from messing with my friends. I could tell we pissed some bystanders with the way we laugh and yelled. We paid the bouncer off to let us skip the line.

The scene was common: people dancing, men and women in their best attires, alcohol smelling strong, colorful lights the hurt my eyes. Our group settled in a booth and before I could ask if anyone wanted to get drinks with me, Jeric had already announced that he'd be on the dance floor. Sean and Aiden preferred to stay at the table, so the other girl and I went to pour some alcohol into our systems.

"Gin. Lime. Pure," I ordered to the bartender who stared shamelessly at my cleavage.

After four shots, Jie and I were swaying to the tune of some crappy early twenties remix. Not that I cared much about the music playing. Somewhere into the night, I found myself dancing with a stranger—he was very good-looking, though maybe it was just the alcohol judging for me.

The man had wavy dark hair and blue eyes that I could make out despite the flashy colored lights. He was dressed well which was a bonus. I couldn't hear clearly when I asked his name. Something like Riley or Ryan, and since I had a crush on Ryan from High School Musical, I went with Ryan. Ryan was a touchy one but I didn't mind. After him, I had a few more drinks and found myself with a group of girls jumping up and down and singing a Little Mix song.

"Hello there," a familiar voice said from behind me. Hands snaked around my waist and I turned around to face Mr. Sean Caron, painfully beautiful. His black curls looked extra bouncy than usual. I reached up to stretch one lock and giggled when it bounced back.

The young man chuckled as he pulled my body flush against his, "Someone's drunk."

"Who?"

"You, silly," he poked my cheek and I slapped his hand away."

"Not my contour!"

Laughing it off, Sean's youth matched the energy of our surroundings. I then felt a stinging sensation at my ass. Sean Caron had spanked me.

So I spanked him back, "Oh-Hey!"

Giggling, I escaped his hold and went straight to the bar where I ordered more shots because what could go wrong, right? Right?

-

"Have you ever seen a bird give birth?"

I asked Jie. I can't recall how my train of thoughts sparked a passion for chickbirth but I really was curious. I know birds lay eggs and obviously, the chicken came first—I think. Otherwise, other animals would've appeared by their mother's vaginal canal popping out of nowhere just to pop an offspring and disappear again. Problem is, I haven't seen a bird pop an egg out of its hole yet. Plus, where is that hole located? Have you ever seen a bird's flapadoodle yet? I haven't.

"Rose, stop moving!"

"Rose, shh!"

"Rose, please stop."

"Rose..."

My new friends are weird and I miss my old ones: Viktor and Daniella. After a rowdy dance-off with two blondes who reminded me of White Chicks, my friends started dragging me to the parking lot. I accidentally hit Aiden's shoulder with my shoe, but I think he was fine.

My little group of Backyardigans was desperate to get me into the backseat of Jeric's car but I did not want to leave just yet. After seeing a guy who looked like Adam Sevani, I was determined to beat him in a dance-off. I took ballet classes when I was six so I think I'd do just fine.

"Rose, get in the fucking car," Jeric said through gritted teeth, repulsed for no reason.

"Rose, get in the fucking car," I repeated. I jumped away just in time when Sean lunged for me. Matter is, I jumped in the wrong direction, having our heads bump.

"Ow! Goddamnit!" Sean cupped his forehead and I cupped my cheek.

"That's it," Aiden grumbled, wrapping two firm arms around me, "We're going home, Rose."

I tried to crash my forehead against his like what they do in movies, but he must've seen it coming since I did the same to Jie earlier. Thinking of the next best distraction, I pushed my lips to his cheek in the quickest peck on earth. Aiden's grip loosened and I took my chance. Running to my right, the glowing marshmallow in the sky was drawing me to its direction. Like a little girl frolicking in a field of daisies, I hopped to the direction of the holy marshmallow.

Oh! and it's on a stick too!

"Rose, no!"

"Fuck!" I fell ass-first onto the cold cement.

Warm hands helped me up the second I put my palms on my forehead to nurse it. One of my friends carried me bridal style to Jie's car. I didn't protest anymore. Once we were in the vehicle—my head on Aiden's lap and my feet on Sean's, I heard a familiar ringtone.

"That's mine!" I announced, wriggling and attempting to grab my phone in my clutch. Where's my purse?

"Stop moving, I got it," hissed Sean. He pulled out my violet iPhone with three weird holes in one corner and pushed it to my ear.

"It's your brother," whispered Aiden.

Wyatt? I slapped Sean's hand away, "I'm not talking to him drunk!" I hissed, earning a bit of sobriety now that my brother called.

Sean handed the device to Aiden who handed it to Jeric who handed it to Jie who handed it back to Sean. I giggled. They looked like cartoons. In the end, Aiden took the phone.

"Hello?" he cringed.

"Speakerphone," I mouthed.

"Hello? Who is this?" Wyatt's voice was hesitant.

"Hi, uh, sir, I'm Aiden. Rosaleen's friend."

"And where's Rosaleen? Why is she not home? She has a lot of explaining to do."

My eyes widened. Jared.

"Sorry about that, sir. It's our friend's birthday, his name is..." Aiden looked around, "Jeric and he just turned twenty. It was kinda last minute. He invited us to dinner."

"Uh-huh," Wyatt muttered, "And why can't Rose answer her own phone?"

"She's in the bathroom," Aiden said with ease, "Ate too much."

My brother sighed and I was unsure if he'd bought it or not, "Just tell her that I called and that I said to be careful. And to be home as soon as possible."

"Sure thing, sir."

Once Wyatt had hung up, I sighed and slumped back on Aiden's lap, "Convenience store, please," I breathed out, now aware of the stench of alcohol coming from my mouth, "I need to sober up."

The closest convenience store from my house was located in the corner of the intersection of my neighborhood. Jie and Jeric guided me to a chair once we had entered the establishment. I requested some mouthwash to remove the smell and coconut juice to wash out the alcohol in my system. It was the advice of some bartender I met months ago. Its validity is not guaranteed but it's better than nothing.

I was still drunk and I still saw marshmallows whenever I looked at lampposts but being aware of my drunken state made me less prone to further injuries.

"Is that Pikachu?" I pointed at Pikachu who was nibbling on a pack of Nerds.

"Rose, that's a gumball machine," answered Aiden with his hands on his temples.

"Is that..." I pointed at Megan Fox near the door, "Megan Fox?"

Sean suddenly grabbed my hand and put it down, "Sorry, she's drunk," he told Megan with an apologetic smile. Megan looked flattered though.

Looking around some more, I gasped, "Is that Mr. Camillo?" I pointed at the man near the freezer.

"No, Rose, that's—Mr. Camillo!"

Aiden made a groaning sound at the back of his throat. He sat up, sleepy face becoming lively, "Good evening, sir!"

The dashing Mr. Nikolas Camillo in light-washed jeans and a white shirt cocked his head to the side as he assessed us. Fucking hell, "Be inside me already."

"Rose?"

"Rose?"

"Good evening, Mr. Grey!" I blurted out followed by a fit of giggles by some woman nearby. Or was that me? The two boys on either side of me sucked in their breaths much like I wanted to suck Nick's long dingdong.

Camillo rose a bushy brow. "Good evening," he sounded like he had problems. Personality problems. He sounded like Squidward a bit.

"Squidward," someone said in my exact same voice, followed by a giggle.

"Is she okay?" asked Squidward.

"She's fine, sir. She, uh—"

"Got a wisdom tooth removed," Sean cut Aiden off.

Mr. Camillo glanced at the ticking metal thingy on his wrist, "At 10pm?"

"Well, the operation took place at six which is an appropriate time, but the laughing gas won't subside until—"

"Where are my panties?" I cut off Sean's stupid blabbering. Nikolas tensed.

"Excuse me?" Mr. Camillo started towards us. Fuck, the sex is coming!

"My panties, Nikolas," I giggled. Maybe I should shut up, "I gave them to you, remember? Where did you put them, huh?"

Giving my last bit of faith to my legs, I stood up. A confused expression took over Camillo's face. I wanted to slap him.

"Did you throw it away or did you keep it? Surely your wife would've seen—Ouch!" pain shot up my leg.

The principal had his hands to support me right before my knee met the tiled floor. I heard him curse under his breath, inappropriate for an educator before he hauled me to sit back on the chair.

"Ow! Ow, ow, ow, ow..." I squeaked as Camillo slipped my boots off. Good thing my eet don't smell. Looking down, I saw redness from having to walk around with the cursed footwear for hours. The boots might look nice, but they did not feel nice.

"I don't recall dentist's Nitrous Oxide smelling similar to lime-flavored gin," Nikolas spoke, looking Sean straight in the eye. Camillo's warm hands started massaging my feet out of pity, most likely, and his responsibility for his students' well-being which he cannot run from.

He sure knows how to work those fingers.

"In the context of curing cramps and sprains, yeah," said Nikolas.

Oh, I said that aloud.

"Yes, you did."

He glanced up at me and in my drunken state, his eyes look more beautiful than they usually are. The gold glowed.

"Hey, Rose—Mr. Camillo! A nice surprise," Jeric stopped short with a bottle of coconut juice in-hand.

"I can say the same," Nick muttered, tone paradoxical to his statement. His fingers worked the muscles on my ankles and calves. It felt heavenly.

Mr. Camillo's eyes landed on the juice. He held his big hand out for it.

"Drink," he opened the bottle and stood up, offering it to me. Once the plastic mouth was to my lips, I downed the drink, wanting drunk Rose to be put to rest because, for the love of all things hard and long, I just could not handle her.

"Does her brother know?" Nikolas asked Sean who I saw shook his head from the corner of my eye. Seeing the two side-by-side, my heart fluttered—the heart in my vagina.

I found myself leaning towards Nikolas and wrapping my arms around his torso. I expected Mr. Camillo to push me away or pry my arms off him. Some part of me even expected that he'd flinch and put distance between us or maybe for him to get pissed and tell me to get my paws off him. What I did not expect was for him to rub a comforting hand on my head. His fingers massaged my scalp gently. It had me feeling giddy for a moment. Everything was random. The whole evening's been random—an unreal type of random.

He sighed, "Fine," his chest vibrated as he talked and it made me giggle, "I'll let this one slide. Just make sure your friend gets home safely."

I hugged Mr. Camillo tighter, burying my face against his—

"Your abs!"

I let my fingers graze the ripples beneath his shirt, "They're so hard!"

I heard a choking sound from behind me. It was Jeric, I think.

This time, he did pry my fingers off him.

"My abdomen is none of your business, Ms. Martin."

He looked down at me and despite his usual monotone, I saw the ghost of a smile behind his pink lips. He must be amused and thinking I'm mental. Maybe I was.

"Business-schmishness."

I hugged him again, embedding his musky scent into my memory forever. Or until I wake up the next morning and remember absolutely nothing. I heard Camillo talk to my friends in full-out principal mode. He ordered someone to get the car ready, and I assumed that Jie took that task. Jeric followed shortly after.

"I think they're gonna fuck in the car," I whispered to myself.

"No, Rose, they're gonna get it ready to take you home," he played with my hair and it made birds appear in my stomach. Or butterflies? Are they birds, bees, or butterflies? You get the point.

My eyes were already half-closed when my friends guided me outside, made me gargle a mouthful of mouthwash, and spit it on a poor plant at the side of the building. I sat on the curb for a few minutes, gathering fresh air into my lungs. Nikolas stayed inside the store, saying that he shouldn't be seen in public with us when I was this drunk, though he still watched us through the windows. Minutes later, Wyatt called again, and I was confident that I was sober enough to answer. I was still in a sad mood, but at least I wasn't seeing marshmallows anymore.

"I had to drive a friend back to her house. The traffic there was heavy. I'm on my way home, I swear," I explained, composed even though I wasn't.

"I really need you home. Quick." My brother sounded extra pissed. Wyatt hung up. I guess he didn't get the cat tonight.

I got inside the car, shotgun this time. Jie drove and I waved at Mr. Camillo who stood inside the store. He gave me a weak wave.

I apologized over and over again to my Little Einsteins and they assured me again and again that it was fine. Still a bit tipsy, I got out. Rosaleen Martin could easily lie and say that she drank a little too much wine.

From my brother's call, I assumed that his date went like shit. The unfamiliar car in the driveway had me rethinking. My heels pounded against the floor of the foyer as I crossed it and emerged into the well-lit living room. I expected Wyatt to be waiting on the couch with the company of a woman, but I never expected the woman to be...

"Mom?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.3K 345 16
18+ • "You are not to bed your husband during your stay with me, Mrs Beauchamp." • Clo desperately needs money to pay off her last two years at Crawf...
4K 106 53
At her new school Casey meets grayson Dolan. The schools fuckboy. He was lost in the darkness, and she was the light...
1.2M 33.5K 67
Diana Apollo was a straight A student, and never really had to work hard for it until Mr. Grant came along and became her Advanced Calculus teacher. ...
468K 11K 40
| COMPLETE | 𝑳𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒐𝒏𝒍𝒚 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒔 𝒘𝒆 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂𝒏𝒚 𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒅 𝒐𝒇 𝒊𝒏𝒇𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒏𝒄𝒆 𝒐𝒏 𝒊𝒏 𝒐𝒖𝒓...