Just Give Me a Reason (Sterek...

By MusicChild13

**Sequel to The Hunter's Lover** What can I say? Things have really gone to hell. Who knows where Derek is, i... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty Two

Chapter Seven

1.7K 80 3
By MusicChild13

"We seriously need new meeting places, I mean we can't stand guard in Scott's, Lydia's, or Deaton's forever." I sighed, looking around at everything.

"That's true." A voice said as the door opened. I walked from Scott's kitchen into the living room where Nathan stood. Scott tensed up, ready to attack but I held him back.

"You have some guts." Liam spat, coming around the corner as well. He growled at Nathan, his eyes glowing a glorious gold, while Scott's glowed a righteous red.

Nathan smiled wickedly, tilting his head to the side. "My, my, the true alpha and his beta want to fight. I wonder which one to kill first?"

Without warning Liam lunged forward towards Nathan, his fangs bared. Nathan's hand flicked swiftly, hitting Liam across the face sending him flying sideways. Everyone froze from at the scene and it was Nathan's laughter that broke the silence.

"Holy hell you're a wild one. I bet you taste spicy, the testosterone that's boiling in your blood is on overdrive. I can smell it!" He said, looking at Liam with a grin on his face. Scott stepped forward but he didn't do anything at all.

"What are you?" Scott asked him.

"Stiles you're as lovely as ever." Nathan said. He completely brushed past Scott, coming straight towards me. Nathan placed his hand on my head, shuffling it lightly with a huge smile on his face. "I missed you!"

"I think you might have multiple people in your head." I told him, pushing him away.

"Stiles you smell good as well." He told me, smiling fondly.

"You're weird, stop smelling me." I demanded, finally noticing something. "Dude, your breath smells like minty ass, if that's even a thing." Scott gave me a 'WTF' look. "What it does?!"

Nathan popped a mint in his mouth, smiling gently. "Sorry, lunch is still on my breath."

I stared at him, trying to figure out what the hell he was talking about. "What you mean, did you eat a dead skunk or something?" I asked him, though I was looking past him towards Scott. I was looking from him towards Liam who was recovering from his earlier attack. He stared at me in disbelief and I looked from him towards the door.

"No silly, I don't eat animals." He said smiling again before eating another mint. "I eat people!"

Even my words got choked up in my mouth as we all stared at him in disbelief. "You're like that thing, from the night I was turned!" Liam said.

"A wendigo!" Scott said.

"Only part!" Nathan said happily.

"What the hell is with you?!" I asked him. "Any other time you're all deadly and serious and now you're happy go lucky."

"You noticed huh?" He asked, turning around quickly. There was noway to decipher what he was thinking. "I have new orders to not kill you, isn't that exciting!" He yelled, clapped his hands together, swirling around to face me with a gleeful expression. "Instead I have two other targets!"

Scott asked what I was fearing to ask. "Who?"

"A Derek Hale and a Liam Dunbar." He said turning to Scott. "Sorry mate but a beta made by a true alpha is especially interesting to my superiors. So is a werewolf who can turn into a wolf. Research is very vital to us." He said. "Only problem is I have no idea what they look like." He said, turning back to me with a frown. "Can you help me out Stiles? He has tons of betas including you and it's giving me a headache!" Nathan was actually pouting, looking at Scott with frustration. "I only know it's not the chicks."

I forced myself to not look at Liam in any way. Nathan was tapping his fingertips on his chin, looking from Scott to Liam.  "Hey, you were with Stiles that night I met you all. Liam and Derek are supposed to be Stiles lovers." Nathan said, making me laugh. It wasn't a joyful laugh, more like a nervous chuckle. I didn't think about the fact that Liam was in front of me but that the hunters believed I had two lovers.

"They're not here." I whispered. "This is Scott and Ethan." I said, happy that they never said their names aloud. 

Nathan frowned at the two before him before walking towards the door. "So I guess that means when I find them I'm going to rip the flesh from their bones." He said with a sincere smile. "Don't worry Stiles, I'm sure afterwards I get to kill you as well!"

"Ohh, don't think we'll go down so easily." I told him. The smile on Nathan's face was just like that of the old days when we used to be team mates. He opened the door and walked out without a care in the world.

"He's so different." I said sadly. "He used to be the sweetest person ever." 

"Well now he's completely cracked." Liam said. "He probably have tons of things wrong inside of his mind." 

I sat down on the floor, sighing in defeat. "He will attack, there's no question about it. All he has to do is figure out who his target is or not."

"Not?" Scott questioned. "I don't understand. Why didn't they tell him who his target is?"

"Think about it Scott, if a person is given some information but not enough he'll just have to target everything." I told him.

"Wait, you mean he's going to try to kill us all?" Liam asked. A humorless laugh escaped from his mouth as he thought about that scenario. "There's no way he can fight us all without dying."

Scott shook his head, unsure about the thought. "A wendigo is strong enough to take me on by itself so handling betas would be simple, no matter how much strength is acquired from being in a pack." He whispered. "I can't even begin to fathom what other creature he's mixed with."

"He's like the Frankenstein of supernatural creatures." Liam said. 

"We have to warn the others before he starts picking us off one by one." I warned them.

"The girls are safe though, I mean he wouldn't kill the girls since there's noway they're who he's looking for." Scott said.

"He could just do it for fun?" Liam suggested. I walked away and out the door with them following behind me. I went towards the car, unlocking the doors for them and they got in. 

"First thing first we have to do is find Derek." I hissed, turning over the engine and pulling out the driveway.

"Already on it." Scott said as he held his phone to his ear. He asked Derek 'where he was?' and started answering over and over with either 'yeah' or 'mhmms'. Scott hung up and looked at me with a confused glance. "He's at IHOP." He finally said.

"Ohhh, he is totally buying us something to eat!" I yelled. They laughed at my affirmative attitude. I drove to the only IHOP there was in Beacon Hills, seeing that it was only the afternoon it wasn't that packed. I walked inside with the other boys who immediately walked over to Derek and sat down. 

"We have a serious problem!" I started. "First off I want a blueberry pancake stack, two the hunter's now want your head. Boys, what do you want?" I asked the other two.

"What do you mean?" Derek asked. I looked at him with an intense stare until he called a waitress over and gave her my order, along with the others. "Now explain Stiles."

"Wellllllllll....NathankindawantstokillyouandLiambecauseyou'reapparentlymylovers!" I rushed out. He crossed his arms and furrowed his brow in that said I was pissing him off. "Nathan wants to kill you, possibly eat you." I said shrugging. "He's a wendigo."

"Stiles you know some interesting people." He told me.

"Yes a true alpha, a beta who can turn into a werewolf, a banshee, and knew a were-coyote. Yeah, I think I'm done with meeting new people." I said, freezing up once I heard a laugh that wasn't one of the three boys with me. I looked at the three sitting at the table with me looked at the entrance to see Nathan smiling at me.

"He stalked us here?!" Liam asked, freezing in his chair.

Nathan walked over to us and sat down beside me just as the waitress came back with our pancakes. He eyed my pancakes, making me remember that he's the one who got me started on blueberry pancakes. "So, you're Derek and you're Liam." Nathan said, taking a fork and knife and digging into my pancakes. He pointed to the correct person with his fork. "So all I have to do is kill you two and then possibly the others, though I might leave that to the other hunters." He whispered.

"As if we'll let that happen." Derek growled. Scott was holding his fork with such intensity that it started to bend in his hand. Liam stabbed his pancakes so hard that it shattered his pancakes.

Nathan smiled at us, winking at Liam. "Your anger is so beautiful!" He said. "It's so easy to get to you all. I mean look how easy it was for me to do this." He said, pulling out a phone and dialing a number and hitting send. 

Less than a second after he pressed send Derek's car blew up, the blast making the windows shatter and glass fly everywhere. Nathan laughed as everyone started to panic, their minds trying to figure out what exactly just happened. We all froze as the realization hit us. Nathan could've killed Derek anytime he wanted to, he was just toying with us. He held a mischievous glint in his  eyes at the disbelief on our faces as he continued to consume the pancakes.

"See my brother raised me to not play with my food but I must disagree since the start of my new diet. Do you know how much chemicals are released in the body once that person is in a state of fear, paranoia, or in your case Liam, anger?" Nathan asked. "I just want to get the most out of eating you all."

"Who does this out in the open?" I asked him. The guy seriously had a pair of metallic balls to be this brazen with his actions.

"Stiles, only the weak hide while they toy with you." He said with a heartless laugh. "I'm strong enough to have my fun out in the open, knowing that there is nothing you can do to stop me. I want you all in the palms of my hands begging me to kill you and in that last moment of desperation when you're so close to death I will swoop in and eat the flesh from your bones." He said, licking his lips in gluttony.

"We will kill you." Scott warned, his eyes glowing red.

Nathan looked us with white glazed over blue eyes, smiling and showing his savage teeth. "Oh, you'll try little alpha." He said before getting up and walking out of the chaotic establishment. I gulped because if someone was brave enough to torture you to your face then Nathan had a point. He was way stronger than he was letting on.

**A/N: So this was a long wait! Sorry wolfies! So Nathan is a badass right? Like he's kinda crazy, well not kinda majorly. That's what happens when you're genetically spliced like he was! Pssshhh, if you think he's just a Wendigo then you have more surprises to come.**

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 20 18
This is the 3rd part of the Family Don't End In Blood series. When Stiles sacrifices his life to save his family from Chuck aka God, he passes his po...
851K 22.8K 61
Derek was supposed to hate Maeve, he had to hate Maeve. Yet, he found himself undeniably in love with her. COMPLETE ( with epilogue and bonus chapter...
129K 4.9K 21
This is the sequel to Almost Is Never Enough! A few years have passed since the incidents of Almost Is Never Enough. The events that have changed St...
1.9K 44 13
Stiles finds out Derek is dead through Eli and realised that he has feelings for him. This pushes him to bring him back alive. But is he ready for th...