Paint it Black

By MongVie

Twelve Nameday Daemon Targaryen wakes up alone in the tent in the middle of nowhere with his father's sword a... More

Awoken
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14

Chapter 2

1.1K 33 3
By MongVie

Daemon kept swatting the maester's hand that tried endlessly to touch his head.

"My Prince, I need to measure your skull," the Maester plead.

"Hands off... whatever your named was." Snarl Daemon, "Where's Runciter anyway? Why I'm not attended by a Grand Maester?!"

"My name is Mellos, and I'm the Grand Maester, my prince." Said the Maester trying not to look annoyed.

Daemon looks at Mellos in disbelief, "What happened with Runciter?"

"Deceased last year, my prince."

Daemon scowls, "Fine, since you're a Grand Maester, you are permitted to touch my head."

Mellos didn't waste the opportunity. He started measuring Daemon's head as fast as possible before the prince changed his mind again.

Daemon keeps staring at Mellos while he measures his bone structure; this maester face is oddly familiar, "Wait... I know you... you're the grey rat that follows Runciter everywhere!"

Mellos sighs, "I was Grand Maester Runciter's apprentice, My Prince."

"Congratulations on your Promotion then,"

"Thank you, My Prince," Mellos answer half-heartedly.

While waiting for Mellos and his fellow to conclude their examination, Daemon glanced at the Kingsguard that accompanied him, "Your name is Steffor Darklyn, right?"

"Yes, my prince." Answer the knight.

"So, since Runciter is dead I assume Ser Ryam Redwyne is dead too?"

"Unfortunately, you're correct, my prince."

"And Ser Harrold now the new lord Commander?"

"Yes, My Prince."

Daemon then asks a few more questions to Steffon; he learned that today is the Summer of 108 AC, not 93 AC; as he remembered, that's means 15 years had vanished? Undone? Or whatever it's called from his life, he also learns that before this happened, he was leading the battle of Stepstone and slew enemy commander Craghas Drahar for Viserys.

Daemon doesn't know what to feel; it's weird to say he lost something that he never had in the first place.

The examination room door opened, and Daemon saw his brother come with a young girl he had never seen before.

"So?" Viserys asks impatiently.

"Our bone structure examination conclude that Prince Daemon is healthy Twelve Nameday young man, your grace, theres no sign toxin in his blood also no trace of external injuries."

"God be Good!" Viserys groaned, "So this is real? My brother became twelve again. There's no way to reverse this?"

"Unfortunately not, your grace since this has never happened before," Mellos answered.

Daemon squinted his eyes at the plain girl that stood behind Viserys; realizing his gaze, the girl jolted and hid behind Viserys.

What a weirdo.

Viserys finally realized Daemon gazed, "Oh, Daemon, let me introduce you to my wife, Alicent Hightower."

"Oh? Hobert Hightower's daughter?" Daemon asked.

"No, she's Otto's Daughter," Viserys answered.

Daemon is completely blown away. Did his brother lose his goddamn mind? "Vis...sorry... I mean, Your Grace, could we talk?"

"Of course, Daemon. Talk." Viserys smiled.

Daemon rolled his eyes, "Just the two of us."

Viserys finally catches the hint; he quickly dismisses everyone in the room.

Once the last person is out and the door is closed, Daemon finally explodes, "The fuck you do?! Have you lost your goddamn mind?"

"What is that supposed to mean?!"

"You ditch Aemma Arryn for that plain girl?! A Daughter of a second son? really Viserys?!"

"I'm not ditching Aemma!"

"What do you mean by that?"

"We married Daemon... she... passed away..."

"Still, that does not explain your shit logic, brother; you are the KING, you could choose anyone, any noble lady from any major house, they would gladly spread their cunt for you, and you somehow happened to choose a fucking daughter of a second son who owns nothing?"

"She's a daughter of the hand of the king." Viserys try to defend the girl.

Daemon scoffed, "And do enlighten me what you gain from the union? Political ally? More territory? Huge ass dowry?"

Viserys fell silent.

Daemon groaned, "God damn it, Viserys! I understand if she was otherworldly pretty but–"

"Daemon, Thats crude!"

"She's plain looking, and you know that! The whore that we usually share at Street of Silk was more pretty than her!"

"Daemon!"

"What?! You want to say that a girl like that had amazing skill on the bed, and she had the most amazing cunt that was enough to suck all your rationality away?!"

Viserys' lips turn into a thin line.

"She is not even skillful in bed?! Viserys! What you wed her for?!" Daemon groaned in frustration. "Did older me didn't say anything about this? Like at all? Did I just let you marry the plain girl?"

"...You... not here when the marriage talk happened..."

"Where the fuck am I if not by your side?"

"...you were banished..."

Daemon gasped, "You mean YOU banished me?!"

Viserys sighs.

"Viserys Targaryen! Did you admit that you banished your own brother?!" Daemon pressed further.

"You slander my deceased son! Seized the Dragonstone and stole a dragon egg! And do not forget to mention that you declared you were going to marry your whore! If that not worth of Banishment, then what?!" Viserys finally explodes as well.

Daemon's jaw dropped, "Damn...I did all of that?"

"Yes, Daemon! You did all of that!" Viserys spat.

Seeing Viserys hurtful expression made Daemon feel uncomfortable and incredibly guilty, "Look, I don't know why my older self did that..." Daemon huffed and then hugged Viserys, "I hurt you deeply... I'm sorry, brother."

Viserys gasped.

"But I'm not sorry for calling your wife plain and unworthy to our house."

Viserys groaned.

"But whatever, you already wed the plain girl, it cannot be undone." Daemon chuckled as he released his brother, "I'm surprised you didn't even consider to choose at least someone from house Tully, did you forget that house always produces red hair beauty with big boobs?"

"Daemon!"

"What?! You love big boobs! Don't you dare say otherwise! I know how you love to be smothered by boobs." Daemon snickered.

Viserys groaned in shame, his face turning completely red now.

"So I won a tourney at sixteen and my grandfather bestowed me with Dark Sister?" Daemon asks to make sure.

"Yes, My prince."

"And I claim Caraxes after my uncle passed away?"

"Yes, my prince."

"Damn!" Daemon mused; his older self sounded so cool, Rider of Caraxes and wielder of Dark Sister, that the most Targaryen thing a Targaryen could accomplish.

"You are also a commander of the gold cloak, people called you Rogue Prince."

Daemon snorted; if the old version of him could do all of that, with all the knowledge, he bet he could beat his own record this time.

"Are you free this evening, Steffon?"

"I am, my prince."

"Good, can you spar with me? I need to catch up."

"I'm honoured to be your spar partner, my prince."

"It's settled then!" Daemon said before he entered the small council room, everyone was staring at him and gasping in disbelief.

"Daemon? Is that really you?" Corlys Velaryon asks in disbelief,

"I guess?" Daemon shrugs.

"Your grace, I swear to all god when I departed from the Stepstone prince Daemon was in normal condition!"

"What do you mean normal?! I'm normal!" Daemon protested.

Viserys waved his hand to dismiss Daemon's protest, "And why did you depart without my brother?"

Daemon rolled his eyes as he sat beside Viserys in front of Otto.

"The maester said the prince was not in conditions to board the ship, so I assigned my brother Vaemond to look after the prince so I could start building the garrison, your grace."

Daemon scoffed; yeah, your little brother that plans to kill me; what a great choice, Corlys.

"Thank you, Corlys." Viserys exhaled deeply before turning to Mellos, "Mellos, have you found something?"

"I'm sorry your Grace, my fellowship at Citadel haven't found anything yet, but..."

"But what?"

"Some of us believe, what happened with Prince Daemon was a work of magic."

Daemon snorted loudly.

"Craghas Drahar was known for love for doing Black Magic, maybe he cursed Prince Daemon when the prince slayed him?"

Daemon was stunned, Crazy as may it sound... Mellos' words actually make sense. He turns to Viserys, and it seems his brother thinks the same thing as him.

"Or simply the God finally decided punished Prince Daemon." Otto said.

"Punishing me by giving me my youth back? Ha! If that is the case, I would gladly take another punishment from the one you so-called God then." Daemon laughed.

Viserys cleared his throat when he saw Otto's face turn red, "Then we better start summoning healer, wizard, shaman, or anything from Essos." Viserys said.

"Your Grace, isn't that too extreme? We can wait for the citadel—"

Viserys cut Otto, "What happened to my brother was extreme enough for me to take this measure!"

"...As your wish, Your Grace." Otto complied.

After the council, Daemon walks with Viserys back to the Red Keep; on the way, Viserys fills Daemon with information about what happened during the fifteen years of Daemon 'missing' memories.

"I have a what?!"

"A wife, Daemon."

"Did I have children?"

"No, you haven't even touched your wife since your wedding day."

Daemon snorted, "I bet she's ugly as fuck!"

Viserys rolled his eyes, "You called her your Bronze Bitch."

Daemon barks a laugh, "my older self sounds so cool doesn't he?"

"Cool my ass, you're my political headache!"

"Political headaches that fill Royal coffers with huge ass dowry!" Daemon scoffed. "Don't you dare lie to my face Vis; Everyone knows how rich Runestone was."

Viserys glared at Daemon, and Daemon just flashed his white teeth at his brother.

"And now, what to do with her? I mean, I probably won't change my mind about staying away from her ugly ass,"

"Since you're a minor now..." Viserys huffed, "I think I'll annul your marriage, we will search for a suitable woman for you when you come of age."

"Yes!" Daemon balled his fist and squealed delightfully, "You're the best brother, Vis!"

Viserys stopped and blinked in disbelief at Daemon.

"What?" Daemon asked in confusion.

"...You really think I'm the best brother?"

"Uhhh... yeah? Bad brother would not annul the marriage and let me rot with my bronze bitch."

Viserys suddenly looks like he is on the verge of crying.

Daemon gasps, "The fuck with you!? Pull yourself together, Vis! You're the king! You can't cry in public!" Daemon hissed while dragging Viserys all the way to the Keep.

"Since when did you turn into a crybaby?" Daemon scowls as he cleanses Viserys' face from tears and snot.

"My life was fucking hard, Daemon!" Viserys spat, "the love of my life died and my beloved daughter hates me! And I have the whole ass realm on my back!"

"You brought that on yourself, you fool! What do you expect your daughter would say when you fucked and married her handmaiden less than six months after Aemma died? Congratulations? Seriously?!"

Viserys sulk.

"You and your stupid choice." Daemon grumbles while doing the last wipe on Viserys face. "So what you going to do with your daughter?"

"What with Rhaenyra?"

"I heard that the plain girl gave you a son."

"Yes, and?" Viserys looks completely lost.

"You did not plan to name your son your heir?"

"No? Rhaenyra is my heir."

Daemon's jaws dropped, "Then the fuck you married that plain girl for if you have no plan to name anyone besides your first born your heir, why the hell you create an unnecessary political enemy for her?!"

Viserys seems hit by a realization, and he starts turning pale in the process.

Daemon squinted his eyes, "Don't tell me its because you can't shame your best friend Otto by making his only daughter your mistress?"

Viserys looks as white as his tunic now;

Daemon groaned in frustration. "You really don't see through the Otto scheme? Did my older self never warn you about it?"

"....you...."

"WERE BANISHED!!" Daemon spat, "Yes I know, the only place I was if not by your side was a banishment wherever it is!"

"Brother..."

"Do you even think that If you are not busy banishing me I may already save you countless times from your stupid mistake."

"I— ah..."

"Don't tell me the one who encouraged you to banish me was also your very best friend? Did he said I'm too dangerous to keep around?"

Daemon didn't expect Viserys could be more white, but well, he does.

"I bet he also suggested you marry Rhaenyra to.... your son whatever his name is."

Viserys' jaw dropped.

Daemon snorted, "A king of Westeros couldn't even figured scheme that easily called out by Twelve fucking name day boy!"

"I..."

"You fucked up royally, Yes you're!"

Viserys slumped into his chair.

"You know how much Grandfather had sacrificed to ensure only Targaryen sat on the throne, and now look what you have done? All his sacrifice goes into the drain" Daemon clicked his tongue.

"The Targaryen would still sit on the throne!"

"Oh really? Do you think Otto's scheme would stop when HIS GRANDSON, with filthy Hightower Andal blood, sits on the throne? I bet he had a lot more schemes in his pocket, killing Rhaenyra, marrying your andal son to another andals, thinning our blood, and eventually making Targaryen look more andal than a fucking Valyrian! I wouldn't be surprised if the next two or three kings after you named Hightower."

"I wouldn't let that happen!" Viserys shouted in denial.

"Vis, It's happening! It's happening Right in front of your eyes! Are you too blind to see that?" Daemon grabs Viserys shoulder and shakes him in the hope it could shake off his brother's stupidity, "All of this happening when you are still alive and well. Can you imagine what they could do when you die?"

Viserys was dumbfounded.

"There's only three true Targaryen left, brother. You, me, and your daughter with Aemma..."

Viserys swallowed hard.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.9K 190 8
"We'll be a fine line. We'll be alright." ๐Ÿ‘‘ In 81 AC, the prince, Baelon and his sister-wife, Alyssa, welcomed twins into the world, Daemon and Daen...
21.5K 1K 14
โa targaryen alone in the world is a terrible thingโž โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ” โคน in which the daughter of rhea royce and daemon targaryen finds herself at the cros...
60.5K 3.7K 48
Baelon Targaryen lives! Aemma Arryn was promised by her grandmother that she would never marry without love and only when she wished. While her cousi...
60.5K 2.6K 47
The gods see the world being destroyed during the Long Night and decide to fix things. Daemon and Rhaenyra had been married for less than a year when...