Same War, Two Worlds (Modern...

By AzurePlayer

One world has been at war with the Sirens for more than a decade. Hundreds of ships have sunk, and thousands... More

Bio 1
Chapter 1: Welcome to Azur Lane
Chapter 2: Rescue from an Unknown
Chapter 3: Origins
Chapter 4: Interception
Bio 2
Chapter 6: Undercover and Deceit
Chapter 7: Darkness Rising (Part 1)
Chapter 8: Darkness Rising (Part 2)
Bio 3 (Part 1)
Bio 3 (Part 2)
Future Fanfiction
Chapter 9: New Reality
Chapter 10: War Plan
Chapter 11: The Fall
Chapter 12: Trapped
Chapter 13: Reclaim
Chapter 14: Truth and Upgrades
Bio 4
Chapter 15: A New Perspective
Chapter 16: Evil's Return
Chapter 17: Deciding Battle
Final Chapter: Come Back
Lemon Chapter: The Battleship and his Carriers

Chapter 5: Rest and New Arrivals

642 14 11
By AzurePlayer

(Yesterday Morning)

Yorktown: Look, the ocean is so pretty today.

Enterprise was standing near Yorktown as they both looked at the rising sun on the horizon of the ocean.

Enterprise: I've never felt that the ocean is beautiful. From the moment we were born, the ocean has been a place of war. There's nothing beautiful about that. Besides, Sister, the ocean is where you...

Yorktown: That's not true. You're only forgetting. We are ships, taking on the forms of humans. The beauty of the sea is engraved in our souls. One day, you'll remember what wishes the people place in your name. Blessing to the Azur Lanes. (*holds her hand*) Enterprise, my dear little sister.

(Present Day)

Enterprise: Hey can I ask you something?

Aegis: (*looks at her*) What is it?

Enterprise: Is the ocean beautiful?

(Enterprise and Aegis were standing on top of a cliff overlooking the ocean. After the battle yesterday Aegis and the other shipgirls were now resting. As Wales said, the base commander did arrive yesterday afternoon and met Aegis face-to-face. After Wales, gave the summary of Aegis' origins and his proposal to the Azur Lane, the base commander by the name of James Allenforth agreed to his proposal and relayed it to the higher-ups of both Eagle Union and Royal Albion. After a lengthy discussion of terms, Aegis was now a provisionary member of the Eagle Union Navy seeing as the nation is the alternate version of USNA. As promised, Aegis distributed communication earpieces and encrypted radios that were tuned to his frequency. Luckily, he had more than enough for everyone in the base due to the fact that they were supposed to be given to the 400 marines that never came aboard him.)

Aegis: You want to know if I find the ocean beautiful? Why?

Enterprise: I want to know what you think of it... So, answer me honestly.

(Aegis only answered her question with one word.)

Aegis: Yes.

Enterprise: Why?

Aegis: Even though the ocean has been a place of war to humanity for centuries, it is also the reason why it grew in the first place. Humanity explored and spread out using it. It is also the ocean the reason why Christopher Columbus found the Americas and became the reason why the U.S. existed... (*looks at her*) It is also the reason why you and I exist in the first place.

Enterprise: (*stares at him*)

Aegis: Yes, the ocean will always be a battlefield of humanity for the next centuries. But it can also be a place of beauty and life.

Enterprise: How? We're not real humans you know? We are ships that took the form of humans. How will we find beauty in it?

Aegis: You are right. We may not be real humans...but we can learn to try.

(Enterprise didn't say another word after Aegis answered her questions. Can they really find beauty in the ocean? Ships that took on the form of humans, whose only purpose is to fight a war. She didn't say another word but only stared silently at the ocean.)

(Cafeteria)

(Javelin and Laffey were eating at the cafeteria. Laffey saw Javelin lost in her thoughts and wasn't eating her food.)

Laffey: You're not gonna eat?

Javelin: Oh, sorry... I was thinking.

(Port)

(Wales and Illustrious are taking a car ride to Queen Elizabeth's tea time. While on their way they both saw Aegis' docked ship form. The damages were gone due to the strange fact that if a shipgirl's or shipboy's human body were to heal, the ship form would also be repaired depending on the damage.)

Wales: He saved not just the base, but Hornet's group as well, too. I guess, there is no longer a doubt that he is the most powerful out of all of us.

Illustrious: Yes, he is. But if Belfast hadn't intervened in time, who knows what would've happened to him?

Wales: It is just as Cleveland said. He and Enterprise have a similar trait to each other.

Illustrious: 'An unrelenting resolve to fight and protect.'

Wales: You're worried about him and her?

Illustrious: (*nods*) He saved Unicorn while Enterprise had been fighting so hard after what happened to Yorktown. I don't want her to get ground down by war. However, for Aegis, I don't know.

Wales: In that case, perhaps we could have a word with Her Majesty.

(Wales and Illustrious arrived at a garden and began their discussions where Queen Elizabeth and the Royal Navy were having a snack. They brought their concerns to Queen Elizabeth and the Royal Navy)

Queen Elizabeth: But what can you even do about it? From what you've told me after his meeting with Commander Allenforth, he is now allied with the Eagle Union. Same as Enterprise as well. Why should this be our concern?

Wales: Aegis may have allied himself with the Union Navy, Your Majesty. But he was not willing to share his advancements in weapons and technology including his nuclear reactor technology with any of us at the moment.

Queen Elizabeth: Why is he being stingy about that? I don't mean to chime in but, aren't we allies now with him?

Illustrious: He said that he cannot risk his technology leaking to the Red Axis. He said that once the Red Axis had been defeated, he would slowly give us his nation's technological advancements to give us an advantage against our war with the Sirens. So, until that happens, he is only giving us his communications tech and intel.

Unicorn: (*feeding the ants*) He did save me and I'm grateful for that.

Illustrious: His strength will surely be crucial to the upcoming battles. We need his help. Enterprise as well. Both of them are crucial.

Hood: (*sips tea*) You sound confident. May I ask why?

Illustrious: Enterprise is the holy light that guides me.

(Hood can only giggle at Illustrious' answer while Queen Elizabeth can only widen her eyes.)

Warspite: (*annoyingly sighs*) That again?

Hood: You can't underestimate her intuition. Don't you agree?

Queen Elizabeth: What about the shipboy? What's his name again?

Hood: I believe it is, Aegis, Your Majesty.

Queen Elizabeth: What do you think of him, Wales?

Wales: From a personal standpoint, Your Majesty. Aegis' technological and tactical prowess along with Enterprise's battle prowess are key factors for this base. Since yesterday he had been destroying Siren ships that come within his Radar's detection range with his railguns. We cannot ignore any problems that Enterprise has nor can we ignore Aegis'.

Queen Elizabeth: If he has any at all... Warspite, what do you think?

Warspite: I'll trust your judgment, Your Majesty.

Queen Elizabeth: In that case, I'll be the judge of that! Let's see what kind of ship Enterprise and Aegis really are! Bel!

Belfast: (*bows*) As you wish, Your Majesty.

(At the port, Hornet along with Hammann greeted Vestal.)

Hornet: Vestal! Finally, a repair ship arrived! (*hugs her*) I'm so relieved!

Vestal: Good to see you too Hornet. Nice to see you as Hammann. I'm sorry if I'm late.

Hornet: It is okay.

(Vestal looks around and sees the one gray-colored ship that stands out from the rest of the ships at the base.)

Vestal: What's that? (*points at the ship*)

Hornet: (*looks where she's pointing*) Ahh. That's...our new ally.

Vestal: Ally?

Hammann: Wales will explain to you once you see her.

Vestal: By the way, Hornet, how is your sister?

Hornet: She's...fine. Still the same.

(Aegis and Enterprise were walking along the coastal market. Enterprise had been absorbing all the information regarding her from Aegis' world.)

Enterprise: So, I was scrapped after your world's WW2.

Aegis: Yes. I am sorry about that. A lot of people tried to preserve you but they failed. The sailors, pilots, and all of the crew were saddened that they couldn't preserve you. But your name still lives on in my world. The name, Enterprise, will never be forgotten.

Enterprise: (*smiles sadly*) That's nice to hear. What happened then?

Aegis: Your name was then given to my world's first nuclear-powered carrier. USS Enterprise, CVN-65. I guess in a sense she's your daughter.

Enterprise: (*chuckles*) I guess you can say that. How long did she serve?

Aegis: CVN-65, USS Enterprise went on to serve for fifty years.

Enterprise: Longer than the version of me in your world... What else?

Aegis: After fifty years of service she was decommissioned...and was scrapped... But the steel that was used in creating her was recycled and also used in creating your granddaughter.

Enterprise: (*stares at him in surprise*) Really?!

Aegis: (*nods*) USS Enterprise, CVN-80. The third ship of the Gerald R. Ford class. She was commissioned in 2028. I also served with her.

Enterprise: When?

Aegis: When the Sirens attacked us.

Enterprise: Was she? (*asks worriedly*)

Aegis: She was undamaged during the attack. She was the one who killed half of the Siren fleet that attacked us, using her fighters and railguns... If the two of you ever met you'd be proud of her.

Enterprise: (*smiles*) Thanks.

Aegis: (*nods and thinly smiles*) You are welcome.

(Enterprise couldn't help but smile lightly at the history of her name in Aegis' world. The fact that her name lives on gave her a bit of pride. Before she can continue their conversation, however, they see Belfast with Unicorn hiding behind her standing in front of them.)

Belfast: Good day to you, Enterprise and Sir Aegis. Unicorn wanted to have a word with both of you so I escorted her.

(Belfast took them to the beach, where the shipgirls were relaxing. The shipgirls notice Enterprise and Aegis. However, most of the shipgirls blushed when they saw Aegis. Unicorn then tapped Belfast's arm asking permission which she gave.)

Enterprise: What are they doing?

(She sees Hammann buried in the sand with Laffey and Javelin playing with her despite her protests.)

Enterprise: We were just attacked.

Aegis: (*silently stares at the ocean*)

Belfast: We need to relax every now and then sometimes.

(Sunset)

(Enterprise and Aegis were sitting at the sandy shore of the beach. They were watching the sunset. Unicorn while she plays turns around to face Aegis.)

Unicorn: Aegis, thank you for saving me!

Aegis: (*thinly smiles*) It was nothing. It is my duty to fulfill... (*whispers*) I will not fail it again.

Enterprise: (*looks to him*) What did you say?

(Aegis ignored her question as he silently looked at the smiling Unicorn in front of them. Just then storm clouds began to appear. Wanting to avoid getting caught in the rain Aegis and Enterprise decided to return to Belfast and get back to base. However, Aegis received a distress call. One that is using USN frequency.)

???: "Mayday, mayday, mayday! This is the USS Defender with the USS Lance and USS Apollo. To anybody receiving this, we need immediate help! Currently engaged with Siren ships along with two unknown ally ships!"

(This shocked him. USN ships here?! Not wanting to miss it Aegis transformed into his rigging.)

Enterprise: Aegis, what's wrong?

(Aegis didn't answer her but just transformed into his rigging form and glided to the water at lightning speed. Belfast hurriedly approached Enterprise as to why he left.)

Belfast: Where is he going?!

Enterprise: I don't know. But I'm going after him.

(Enterprise transformed into her rigging before she could reply and went after Aegis. Belfast then turned to Unicorn.)

Belfast: Unicorn, alert Wales about what happened.

Unicorn: What about you?!

Belfast: I'm going with her.

(Belfast quickly joined Enterprise before Unicorn could reply.)

Belfast: Do you know where he's going?

Enterprise: I don't know but we have to catch up to him.

(Aegis was already far ahead of the both of them. Aegis' speed makes it hard for them to keep up. As they follow Aegis, the storm begins to pour rain. Due to rough seas, Aegis started to slow down allowing both of them to catch up behind him.)

Enterprise: Aegis! Where are you going?!

Aegis: Distress signal.

Belfast: But we haven't received anything yet?

Aegis: Not Azur Lane.

Enterprise: What do you mean? (*looks at him confused*)

Aegis: The distress signal is coming from a ship using USN radio frequency.

(That shocked the two of them. If what Aegis says is true, it could be another ship from his world.)

Aegis: Up ahead. 12 O'clock.

(As they get closer the silhouette of ships becomes visible. But it was not what they thought.)

Belfast: Sirens! (*readies her guns*)

Enterprise: No wait! Look closer... They're already done.

Belfast: (*calms down*) Where's the distress call then coming from, Aegis?

(Aegis looks around the wrecked Siren ships and finds a silhouette of a familiar ship design.)

Aegis: (*points at the ship*) There.

(The two shipgirls looked at where Aegis pointed out and saw three ships. Like Aegis, the first two were sleek and gray-colored however, the last one didn't have any guns at all - it only had two helicopters on its landing pad-, and the two ships were smaller than his ship form. The design was also different due to the ships having four single-barreled guns instead of twin-barreled guns.)

Aegis: This is the USS Aegis of the United States Navy. If you can hear me, respond.

(No response was given prompting him to try again.)

Aegis: This is the USS Aegis of the United States Navy. If you can hear me, please respond.

(He was about to try one more time but before he could he received a response.)

Defender: "This is USS Defender. Are you...real?"(*asks in confusion*)

Aegis: Yes. I am real. I mean you no harm. I know you are confused and want to ask questions but it can wait. Let me come aboard and I'll have your answers.

Defender: "Very well. You can come aboard, but if you fuck with me I will not hesitate to destroy you."

Aegis: Got it... (*looks at Enterprise and Belfast*) You two come with me.

Enterprise: To where?

Aegis: To the ship.

(Both shipgirls didn't say anything but only followed Aegis to one of the other-worldly ships. Aegis led them to the Defender allowing the shipgirls to see it closely. Aegis then jumped aboard and the two quickly followed suit. At the deck, they saw two shipgirls. One was unconscious while the other was hugging her tightly.)

Enterprise: Those outfits... They're both from the Dragon Empery.

Aegis: Friends or Foes?

Belfast: Friends... Don't worry we're not going to harm you. We're Azur Lane.

Enterprise: (*looks at the wrecked Sirens*) Did you do this?

Ping Hai: We were being chased by Sirens. But my sister managed to beat them.

Enterprise: What about the blown-up ones? Did your sister do those as well?

(Just then two figures showed up. Both holding a rifle answered which shocked the two shipgirls.)

Defender: No. That was us. The unconscious one did more before we arrived. (*looks at Aegis*) Now, who are you?

Aegis: I am USS Aegis, BB-1016.

(The ship lights turned on allowing them to see. What Enterprise and Belfast saw shocked them.)

Defender: USS Defender, DDR-2020. Constitution II-class railgun guided destroyer.

Lance: USS Lance, DDR-2022. Same class.

(Enterprise and Belfast could not believe what they were seeing. Two shipboys, definitely ones from Aegis' former world.)

Aegis: Whose ship is that? (*points at the unarmed ship*)

(Both destroyers looked at where Aegis was pointing and called out someone.)

Lance: It is safe now! You can come on out!

(A third figure came out of hiding and much to Enterprise and Belfast's disbelief it was another shipboy. However, the third shipboy didn't have any weapons but only wore a lab coat and bulletproof vest though he looked older than the two.)

Aegis: Who are you?

Apollo: USS Apollo. US Research and Science Vessel. Brook-class. If mind me asking. How are you alive? Better yet how are you and we human?

Aegis: It's a long story... (*looks around*) But first, we need to get out of this storm.

(Just then a Siren ship near them flashed to life and prepared to fire at the group. Enterprise saw it and warned everybody.)

Enterprise: Siren! Looks like it's still alive!

(Just as Enterprise warned everybody of the threat the Siren ship explodes. Aegis canceled his rigging mode and brought out his ship form from the moment Enterprise warned. The moment he did, the three displaced shipboys found proof that he was telling the truth.)

Defender: You really are...telling the truth. (*shocked*)

Aegis: Yes. I know things are confusing right now but we can talk about it later. For now, we need to get these two girls immediate help.

(The group complies with his decision. After sailing for a good few minutes they were finally out of the storm. Belfast decided to alert the base to make sure that the new arrivals didn't get shot at.)

Wales: "You're kidding?!"

Belfast: I wish I was, Belfast. But I need the base to stand down and prepare for the new arrivals. I also need Vestal to look after our visitors as well.

Wales: "Very well. I'll alert the base and have Vestral meet you once you arrive. Cleveland and Hammann are going to join you in a few minutes."

Belfast: Understood.

(Belfast hung up her call with Wales. Once she did she turned her attention to the other-worldly shipboys.)

Apollo: This is a lot to take in. You're telling us that not only are we back in time we're also in another world.

Defender: This sounds ridiculous. Shipgirls fighting the Siren threat of this world. And the reason why they're alive and also human is because of this...wisdom cube?

Lance: You sure that they didn't lie to you, Sir?

(Aegis gave them a brief summary of their situation from what he had gathered from Azur Lane. Of course, they didn't believe it at first with the fact that they were human. However, as Aegis continued to explain the situation to the new arrivals they started to believe him albeit mostly.)

Aegis: It is what I have gathered so far. I have only been here for three days.

Lance: And what about this 'Azur Lane'? Are they trustworthy?

Aegis: They are a much better alternative than the other.

Apollo: What about this 'Red Axis'? Their ability to control Sirens?

Aegis: (*shakes his head*) I don't know. They have been very hostile to both me and Azur Lane. Their agenda is unknown as well...if my fights against them have proven anything... For now, though I decided to ally myself with Azur Lane until I figured it out.

Apollo: You are not suggesting that we ally ourselves as well?

(Apollo asked the unasked question. If Aegis allied himself with the Azur Lane should they as well?)

Aegis: It is the only choice we have right now. We don't have the type of support that will allow us to build our own base.

Defender: Not to mention that this 'Red Axis' is basically a version of the Axis Powers in our world. I have no doubt that if we were to be captured by them they'd force us to fight and possibly steal our technology.

Lance: But what about the Azur Lane? Wouldn't they try the same thing as well, Sir?

Aegis: I may have allied myself with them however I did not share any type of technology that concerns weapons, sensors, or my propulsion. I managed to make the higher-ups of Azur Lane back off at the prospect of me leaving and joining the Red Axis.

Apollo: Strong arming them will not help us in the long run. They may try to persuade or order the shipgirls of Azur Lane to turn on us and hold us hostage.

Aegis: You don't have to worry about that.

Defender: (*raises a brow*) How so?

Aegis: The Azur Lane already knows about my capabilities... Not to mention they owe me a debt of gratitude as well, when I helped them fight against the Red Axis when they attacked their base.

(The trio of shipboys thought about Aegis' suggestion. On one hand, it will allow them to have a place to stay and find answers. On the other hand, there's no telling what they might pull to 'acquire' their technology. If they were to trust Aegis' words would it apply to them as well?)

Apollo: Ah! Fuck it! We'll take word for it... We don't have much of a choice anyway.

Defender: (*sigh*) I guess it's better to go along rather than being hunted by both sides of the spectrum.

Lance: (*nods*) Guess you guys are right about that. I mean we can probably handle a hundred ships if we were in our own world but in this one? (*shakes his head*)

Defender: The three of us minus four-eyes over here... (*points with his thumb*)

Apollo: Hey!

Defender: Against hundreds of these shipgirls along with the Siren of this world? We don't even stand a fucking chance!

Apollo: Well, Aegis, looks like we'll go along with you then.

Aegis: (*nods*) I'll talk to them.

(Moments later Cleveland and Hammann joined up with the group. They were shocked about the shipboy trio but they kept their questions silent for now and proceeded to escort the group. When they arrived they were greeted by a commotion of curious shipgirls which made the trio uncomfortable.)

Lance: What the heck is wrong with them? (*eyeing the shipgirls wearily*)

Aegis: We are the only shipboys in existence in this world. From what one of my former crewmen read about in his magazines, women who studied in all-girls schools and female-dominated communities tend to be curious about males if they see one.

Defender: So they're looking at us like a pack of hungry wolves because they are...curious?

Lance: Why do I have a bad feeling about this?

Apollo: Studies showed that isolated females tend to react highly to males. An increase in their hormonal activity and primal urges was observed by scientists.

(The two destroyers looked at the science ship confused. Apollo was about to reply but Aegis did it for him.)

Aegis: He meant that isolated females tend to treat males like highly prized resources. So much so that they tend to fight each other for...mating rights.

Lance: W-Wait! You're saying that-. (*asks nervously *)

Aegis: Yes... So if I were you I would be weary at night.

Defender: Then how come YOU'RE not being looked at like that?!

Aegis: You think I'm not?

(That did not make things better for the new shipboys. Not only were they in a base full of women, but they were the most valuable assets to Azur Lane. An alliance that would all be too eager to acquire their tech and a base full of beautiful and cute females was not good news. They kept silent until they reached the Command Building. Once they arrived at the base commander's office Aegis knocked on the door.)

Wales: Come in.

(Once Aegis and the newly arrived displaced shipboys entered they were greeted by shipgirls from both Royal Navy and Union Navy. However, they were not the only ones in the room. Sitting at his chair behind his desk was Commander James F. Allenforth.)

Allenforth: Aegis. Welcome back.

Aegis: Hello, Commander Allenforth.

Allenforth: Quite the commotion you've given us after your arrival here.

Aegis: It was unavoidable... Commander, these are the shipboys Wales mentioned in her report. (*motions his hand*)

(Once Aegis motioned his hand at the three shipboys they took it as a sign to introduce themselves to the Commander.)

Apollo: USS Apollo. United States Research and Science Vessel. Brook-class.

Defender: USS Defender. Constitution II-Class Railgun Guided Destroyer.

Lance: USS Lance. Same class as Defender.

Allenforth: Greetings to you three. I am Commander James F. Allenforth. I'm in charge of this base.

Apollo: Nice to meet you as well.

Defender & Lance: (*nod*)

Allenforth: Now that introductions are done. Can you tell us about yourselves?

Defender: Alright.

(The three shipboys proceeded to narrate their origins. Allenforth and the shipgirls listened carefully to everything they said, until their war with the Sirens and their destruction. For the most part, Aegis was silent throughout the conversation. However, when the conversation moved on to the Siren War he finally spoke up.)

Aegis: What happened after I was destroyed?

Everyone: (*looks at him*)

Lance: From our standpoint, Sir. It's been five years since 2064 and your..., apparent destruction.

Aegis: (*looks at the three*)

Defender: Your last stand with RDML Mitchell became one of the most famous acts of heroism and perseverance. You and the RDML gave the evacuation fleet to get the citizens of Hawaii enough time to get away before the Sirens came back... Hawaii was bombarded with more than 2000 Tomahawk missiles the same day the fleet fled to prevent the Sirens from getting anything important on the islands.

(Aegis balled his hands into fists and clenched them hard. Anger and Rage roared in him however he does not show it. Keeping a facade he kept on listening. Enterprise looked at him with sympathy and concern feeling his anger and rage but kept silent.)

Aegis: And then? (*asks calmly albeit barely*)

Lance: The Sirens began pushing back... And they pushed us hard... Their fleets increased in size. From a hundred ships to two hundred per fleet. We were hopelessly outgunned.

Aegis: What about our allies in the Pacific and NATO?

Lance: The US is still supplying Japan and South Korea using the Eurasia-America super bridge. Australia, Philippines, Indonesia, Taiwan, and Malaysia were reported to be okay. The US is sending supply convoys to Australia and distributing them to the three via super railway bridges and the Philippines sends them to Taiwan via convoy. Our NATO allies are also okay...though the only way to get them is via secured routes if you want to get there by flying or taking the super bridge.

Aegis: The Chinese?

Defender: (*scoffs*) The ignorant bastards don't even want our help. Even though half of the Chinese fleet was destroyed when a Siren fleet consisting of two hundred ships attacked them... Commie bastards.

Apollo: Our entire perimeter spans just 350 miles from both the east and west coast... After more than ten years of fighting against the Sirens...our victory just vanished. All of the hard work and sacrifice of our sisters and brothers just vanished after Hawaii. We just bombard them via railguns and missiles from ships and land-based facilities whenever they come close to our perimeter.

Lance: All our offensives to take back the Pacific and Atlantic are also out. Heavy Siren activity is always detected whenever we cross the perimeter. Same thing with the Atlantic.

(The air was solemn. Allenforth and the shipgirls couldn't help but pity the other-worldly shipboys. Just when they were about to achieve victory against the same relentless enemy they had been fighting all it took was one day for all of it to be for naught. After Apollo said his piece Aegis walked out of the room which caused Enterprise to follow him.)

Enterprise: Wait!

Aegis: (*ignores her*)

Enterprise: Aegis, wait!

(Once they were outside Aegis walked to the side of the building. Once he was there he stopped walking while Enterprise stood a distance from him. After a minute of silence, Aegis faced the wall and started punching while screaming full of anger and rage.)

Aegis: RRRAAAAAHHHHGGGGGG!!!!

Enterprise: AEGIS! (*runs toward him*)

(Enterprise rushed towards him to stop him. Enterprise tries to grab his arm but gets pushed aside by Aegis who resumes screaming and punching the wall until blood stains it. Enterprise tried again and managed to hold him.)

Enterprise: Aegis! Enough!

Aegis: (*looks at her and turns away*) All I have fought for, all people I have failed, all of the people that died! All of it for nothing! I have fought hard and even sacrificed so that our victory against those bastards will finally be ours... All of it!.. I feel so...useless!

(Enterprise could not help but feel sad for him as he leaned against the wall. She knows sacrifice better than anyone else. Heck, her sister Yorktown sacrificed herself and paid the price for it.)

Aegis: Why am I still fighting...if everything I do is for nothing? (*mutters sadly*)

(Enterprise can only look at Aegis with a sad expression. Seeing him look so helpless. She couldn't explain why but she felt pity and sympathy for him. A minute passed and it was then that she decided to at least give him some comfort and decided to hug him from behind.)

Aegis: (*looks at her*)

Enterprise: I know how it feels to be helpless. That everything you do is worthless... However...you must never give up... but keep fighting for those who need you. Your strength is the hope they needed in your world, but now? It is now our hope... You're Aegis, right? The shield of the sea?

(Aegis couldn't utter a word. The only thing he feels right now is the warmth of Enterprise's embrace. He only held the hand on his chest. Though before it could continue however they were interrupted.)

Belfast: Now I have the proof I need. You both are very kind-hearted.

(Looking behind them Belfast was standing there and she was smiling.)

Aegis: What do you mean? (*facing her*)

Belfast: I wanted to see what the both of you really are... I am glad to say that you met my expectations.

Enterprise: Why?

Belfast: With our war with the Siren and the Red Axis. The two of you will be crucial in the future.

Aegis: A test of character.

Belfast: Precisely. (*bows*) Therefore allow me to teach you Enterprise the proper decorum expected of a gentlewoman. And sir Aegis I will teach you how to be a fitting ally of Azur Lane.

(After saying that Belfast raised her head and smiled at the two.)

(And done! God, It took me a while! Anyway as always leave a comment about what you think. See in the next chapter.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 18 7
The war between humanity and the sirens going on since WW2 nothing had change but one day eight of world best soldiers had the ability to kill the s...
34.4K 1K 19
In this world, shipgirls were created to keep humanity safe from threats from another world. The sirens. But when humanity was safe, the different fa...
2.6K 58 6
It's times of Azur Lane, old Azur Lane. The same thing as ever, the fight against the Sirens was exhausting, the shipgirls were already getting tired...
8.8K 170 23
An old abandonned fanfic on Azur lane. One of my first works. Republished but not updated to my standards.