Invisible String | Five Hargr...

By dazedvcx

𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐇𝐚𝐫𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐬 𝐱 𝐅𝐞𝐦 𝐒𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐰 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫 "And isn't it just so pretty to think. Al... More

𝐦𝐞𝐞𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐲
𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞
𝐨𝐧𝐞
𝐭𝐰𝐨
𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞
𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫
𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞
𝐬𝐢𝐱
𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧
𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭
𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞
𝐭𝐞𝐧
𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧
𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞
𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧
𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧
𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧
𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

1.7K 33 2
By dazedvcx

The elevator bell dings revealing the beautiful bride, Sloane. Her arm interlocked with yours, as you had offer to walk her up to the altar since you both knew Ben wouldn't cooperate. You hear the "wows" traveling throughout the room as everyone admired your sister in awe. You saw Luther stare at her, his eyes full of longing. Not being able to tear his gaze away from Sloane. You smile proudly. You peer behind Lila seeing a small figure that had the same expression that Luther had, painted on his own face. It was Five. To him you had always been beautiful but something about seeing you all dolled up made his heart race. You looked like an angel. You smile at him making him realize that you've caught him staring. He gets nervous and looks away bashfully , just like the first time you two met. You chuckle. "Let's get this over with before I die of cringe." Ben says.

Once everyone is in their seats, you proceed to walk your sister down the small aisle up to the altar. Reaching the altar you do something unexpected. Before handing her off to Luther, you pull out a red string handing it to her. She gasps. "The red string..." she begins. You nod. "The red string of fate. Just like you told me about, thought it be a nice little gesture." You smile at her taking a step aside, standing beside her. Luther looks at the sisters confused, along with the rest of the guests. However, when Sloane asked for his right pinky he obeyed. You watched fondly as she tied his finger with the string, asking him to to the same to her on the other end. He did.

"Dearly beloved, we're gathered here today for a good time, not a long time, so let's have a good time, huh? 'Cause the sun can't shine every day. Can I get an amen?" Klaus yells initiating the ceremony.

"Amen!" "Amen!" Sloane and Luther say in unison. You roll your eyes fitting a laugh "Amen!" You say. Cheers are heard from the crowd, mainly from Diego. Along with a faint, "Amen." from Five. "Luther, do you be taking this banging hottie to be your lady?" Klaus says. "I do." Luther says. Klaus sighs his voice now trembling as he says, "Sloane, do you promise to love and cherish this big hairy bastard for the next 24 to 48 hours?" He says. "Give or take a day." Five interrupts quickly being shushed by Klaus. You turn to him playfully glaring at him. He smirks and shrugs making you roll your eyes at him. "I'm gonna try." Sloane says nodding her head. "Well, then..." Klaus claps as the tears win him over. "I'm sorry. I pronounce you married as shit! Viva la apocalypse!" he yells. The couple embraces each other, followed by a passionate kiss. The crowd cheers loudly, including yourself. Finally, just like Klaus the emotions win you as you felt one tear travel down your face. You quickly wipe it away but Five had already seen it. He smiles sadly as the thought that he wanted for one day to be the groom marrying you came to him.

Sloane and Luther walk down the aisle and make their way to the dance floor for their first dance. Teenage Dream" by The Rescues plays for their dance. The guests gather around to admire the beautiful couple as they swayed gracefully, complimenting each other perfectly. Finally, you let out a shaky breath trying to blink away the tears but instead it did the opposite, bringing a few down your face. You sniff patting the tears away not wanting to ruin your makeup while failing to notice Five was now standing beside you. "You okay?" he asks startling you. You nod. "Just happy." You mumble. "You look beautiful" he compliments you, wrapping his arm around you waist and plating a kiss on you cheek. You turn to him with a smile. "You don't look so bad yourself, old man." He rolls his eyes at the nickname. Sloane watched the interaction from the dance floor, smiling to herself, happy that her sister had found her own happiness.

Five sees Diego, Lila, and Klaus joining the newly wed on the dance floor. He pulls away from you extending his hand towards you. "Care to join me for a dance?" he asks slightly bowing his head. You chuckle. Taking his hand, accepting. He pulls you to the dance floor giving you a twirl, bringing you closer to him. His right hand placed on your lower back and the other taking your hand. Chests almost pressed against each other, faces only inches apart. The two mimic Sloane and Luther, as you sway side to side as he occasionally twirls you. The moment was straight out of a fairy tale.

***

You now sat beside Five finishing up your meal, while also making sure Five ate something before getting completely wasted.

"Cinco!" Klaus spins approaching the table. "Oh God." Five drowns another shot. "Mi hermano." Klaus says. "What do you want?" Five asks annoyed. "Listen to me, Dad is upstairs right now with a plan to save everything. So what say you, your girlfriend and I pop up to the suite for a little chitchat?" Klaus says.

"What are you like Frick and Frack with the old man now?" Five asks. "This dad's different. He's a turtle. Hard on the outside, but all cute and wrinkly and occasionally delicious on the inside." He explains. Making your eye twitch. "You cannot be serious right now." You say. "Oh but I am!" he responds. "Klaus?" Five intervenes. "Yeah?" "Old dogs like me and him never change. He has never had our best interests at heart." Five explains. Klaus looks at you for backup. "Sorry Klaus but I'm with Five on this one." You tell him. "So, my only plan for tonight is to spend my last hours with my girlfriend and get fսckеd up beyond all recognition." "Sure." Klaus sighs defeated clicking his glass against Five's and then yours. "You two have at it." He says. "We shall!" Five says happily. Once Klaus leaves you groan resting your head against your hands. "I can't believe him. I mean we had our dad on those meds for a reason." You mumble to yourself. Five still heard. "I know I know. I mean we should've done that too! You guys are so much smarter." He says. You look over at him, who gives you an adorable grin. He then hands you another shot. Without thinking twice, you grab it chugging it. Five smiles proudly.

Few minutes go by before the elevator dings, opening up revealing an unwanted individual. The place goes silent as Reginald walks into the venue, going to grab himself a plate of food. As he walks around looking for a seat, Five turns to you hoping to engage in a conversation and appear like he didn't notice the man. Only to realize you were already looking the other way, suddenly interested by the blank wall. "You traitor," he mumbles making you turn back around. "What?" "You made me look stupid!" "You always look stupid, old man." You say knowing it'd irk him. He groans, "Don't call me that!" he whines. You pucker your lips sending him a kiss making him squint his eyes. "Cheers?" you hand him another shot. He looks at it suspiciously then at you. "Fine then, i'll just take both." You say and immediately he shakes his head like a toddler snatching the drink from you, chugging it. You laugh at him ruffling his hair.

Clinking was heard from behind you. You turn and it was old man Reggie standing up preparing to make a speech. "No fucking way." you mumble "I know it is customary for the father of the bride..." You sigh hearing those words come out of his mouth. As his speech becomes nothing more than background noise to you, you reach over Five and grab the bottle. You serve yourself another drink. "To a sorry ass excuse of a father." You say clinking your glass with Five's and swig the drink in one gulp.

The microphone screeches as Reginald clear his throat. "Sloane, ever since you were a little girl, I've always known you were exceptionally bright. And though I can't say I know Luther all that well, from the few moments we have shared, it seems you found yourself an adequate partner."

"He just called Luther adequate." says Five taking a sip of his drink while snickering as he turns to you. "I acknowledge that, as a father, I was not without my faults." You drily chuckle at that comment looking over at Ben to see his reaction to this. He was glaring daggers at him. "I hope these shortcomings will be seen as only a rough patch on an otherwise verdant lawn." His speech once again drowns out into background noise as you think of your siblings. Maybe it was the drinks but something about his speech made him seem like a hypocrite. "I'm proud to call you my children. Even those whom I raised in a revenant version of myself. I hope that tonight we can create a few special memories in whatever precious little time we have left. And now, in closing... The sun rises over a lily's field. A mother veiled, her lips concealed. The mourners come in droves of black to bury what their hearts unpack. With shallow breath and time eclipsed, I pray you miss death's gentle kiss." Reginald raises his glass for a toast followed by claps and cheers from Klaus.

"I didn't think the old man had it in him." says Five lowly. "I call bullshit." you mumble now drinking out of the bottle. Five turns to you. Without a second thought, he moves his seat closer to you leaning over to rest his head on your shoulder. You let him, brushing back his hair away from his face. He hums in satisfaction closing his eyes.

"All right, all right. Time to turn those frowns upside down! This one is for all the party people in the place."

The dance floor quickly fills up as once again everyone joins the newly weds. You look at them from a distance for a second before standing up and reaching out your hand to Five. "Care to join me for a dance?" you tell him mimicking his previous words. He chuckles smiling brightly at you. "Why of course malady." He takes your hand as you drag him to the dance floor.

On the dance floor everyone is dancing with everyone. Five is quickly taken away by Klaus. Meanwhile you join Sloane. She dances alongside you eventually being joined by a drunk Ben, who takes your hand and twirls you around. You switched going from your siblings to Five who also let loose as he takes your hand in his.

***

You and Five sat out on the balcony, joined by Viktor, Diego, and Lila. You sat in between Five's legs leaning back on his chest with your eyes closed. One of his hands draped over your stomach while the other held a bottle. "Hey, guys." You hear Luther. Your eyes slowly peel open seeing Sloane's smiling face. They join the group taking a seat near Diego and Lila.

Eventually a drunk Klaus and Ben make their way onto the balcony. "Oh, no, no, no, no!" Diego whines. "Hey, what?" "No!" "Klaus, why are you bringing Ben here?" Five asks receiving and smack on his thigh from you. "Only I can be mean to him." you mumble. "Hear me out before-" Klaus defends. "Hear him out." Ben slurs his words with a cigarette in hand. "The brother that you all knew as Ben is gone. And not- I don't mean out Ben, the nice Ben. I mean this Ben. The asshole, he's gone now." "Gonee." Ben whispers. "Klaus, what are you talking about?" asks Luther. "Yeah right," You snort. "And the man that stands in front of you is new new Ben, and he's one of us, and he's a member of the team. And he's" "...part of the family!" they yell together. "And as a welcome gift, I suggest we throw him off the roof." says Five. "Yeah I'll help." Adds Diego. "Y/nnn" Ben whines. "You have shitty taste in men, your boyfriend sucks." he slurs his words. "I'm not even going to say anything." you respond.  Five looks down at you offended. "Come on." Klaus begs with Ben wrapped around his shoulder. "You know what? You know what? He can stay. He can stay." Luther says. "Why?" asks Diego. "Cause it's my wedding day, man. Come on. He can stay." "Yes!" Klaus and Ben say walking up to join everyone.

"I knew it, I knew it." "Hey, big guy. Awfully nice of you." "Yeah, you're... you're welcome." "Ooh! Whoa! Holy smokes." Klaus says making everyone look up at the scorching red sky.

"Hey, you know something?" Luther speaks. "Tonight is all I ever really wanted." "To get hitched?" asked Diego. "Just... everybody coming together when it really matters. One big real family." He finished off. Five hugs you tightly resting his head on top of yours. The moment is interrupted by Five's stomach growling. "Eww you better not puke all over me!" you squeal pushing yourself off him. He stands up stumbling as he coughs and retches. "Woah! woah!" everyone exclaims. "Oh I think I'm gonna hurl." he says making everyone laugh. "Actually, uh, I think I'm hungry. See ya, guys." He begins to leave but quickly stumbles back for you. "Come on." He takes your hand bringing you up on your feet. "We're gonna hit the buffet." he says taking your hand in his and dragging you away.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

82.6K 1.6K 25
"Don't fantasize child, you are number 8 for one sole purpose, you will always remain number 8, end of story" sir Reginald Hargreeves is a man that a...
3.2K 31 13
In a new timeline, where Reginald Hargreeves has adopted eight kids instead of seven. The Umbrella Academy faces the Sparrows. Five slowly falls for...
77.9K 2.2K 17
SPARROW!BEN in which old wounds are reopened and comfort is found in the most unexpected of places. [the umbrella academy season 3] [sparrow! ben har...
21.8K 724 27
[SEASON 3 IN PROGRESS] "This has to be my favorite timeline," breathed out the boy. Elaina nodded her head, licking her lips in anticipation as Five...