That time I failed as an Auth...

By elite3532

Elite3532, an individual who can be considered as an icon among the Tensura fandom community failed in accomp... More

Prologue: An pitiful end
Chapter 1: A fresh start
Chapter 2: Unexpected early surprise
Chapter 3: Birthday
Chapter4: Years later
Chapter 5: A year of training
Chapter 7: Moving forward
Chapter 8: Departure
Chapter 9: Destined fate
Chapter 10: Academy prelude
Chapter 11: A good first day
Chapter 12: Proving yourself
Chapter 13: Superiority
Chapter 14: String of fate
Chapter 15: Lara Arceid
Chapter 16: Nightmare
Chapter 17: Prelude to disaster
Chapter 18: An early goodbye
Chapter 19: Loss and rebirth
Chapter 20: Arceid's will
Chapter 21: Leap of fate
Chapter 22: New resolution, new era
Chapter 23: 20 Years later
Chapter 24: Cursed by Loneliness
Chapter 25: A request from Elmesia
Chapter 26: Moonlight
Chapter 27: Odd dungeon
Chapter 28: Far away to another continent
Chapter 29: Sorrow and Guilt
Chapter 30: Fated disaster/Moving on
Chapter 31: Conclusion of an Era
Chapter 32: Reaching the Sky
Chapter 33: Ace of God
Chapter 34: Conqueror of Flame, Shizue Izawa
Chapter 35: Prisoner of ourself
Chapter 36: Orc invasion/Trust?
Chapter 37: Lost control
Chapter 38: Author and Character
Chapter 39: Understanding/Hinata vs Rimuru
Chapter 40: Falmuth war
Chapter 41: Demon lord Rimuru/A tale sourcing from the regrets of the past
Chapter 42: Walpurgis Prelude
Chapter 43: Demon lords/Walpurgis
Chapter 44: Demon lords's demise
Character Profile [1]
Chapter 45: False God? Chaos through Ruberios
Chapter 46: End of Crisis
Chapter 47: Hero and Schemes
Chapter 48: The demon lord, the saint and the hunter
Chapter 49: A fruitful evening

Chapter 6: Partner

2.1K 93 95
By elite3532

3rd Pov

As the day continued, the duo Dawn+Sola had visited the 3 blacksmiths dominating the kingdom of Muth.

And as expected none of them was good enough to satisfy them.

At the very end, they chose the second one to learn as it was the least...how to say it ? Rich like ?

The other blacksmith just screamed arrogance and superiority complex.

While the second one was more a shop made for the knight order...weapons that are suited for combat and not ceremony.

They aren't the most good looking but in terms of effectiveness it has nothing to envy the other shop.

Now Dawn was walking a small corridor behind the shop where the blacksmith named Ror should be working.

His name was recorded in the archive and all his weapons were mediocre but good for this era...this was the perfect profile to learn the basics.

Finally, as a hit of heat traveled across his face, Dawn entered like a living hell...the wall and ground were lava red within the center, a lone man working.

He was massively built, a human with big arms and developed muscle.

Dawn : (The typical blacksmith npc.)

Smiling internally, he approached the bulky man and waited as the blacksmith finished to forge another of his many swords.

Once he was done, he finally turned his attention toward Dawn.

Ror : Huh ? What are you doing here brat ?

Dawn : I want sir to teach me the art of forging.

Ror : So an apprentice ? Well I'm really busy so an extra hand isn't bad.

Grabbing a hammer, he threw it at Dawn before pointing at a smithing table on the side.

Ror : Go hit this piece of ore, I want it nice rectangle shaped.

After being told, Dawn just gave him an annoyed look but just went to it.

Dawn : (Tch, i expected for him to teach me directly but i guess i can do that too.)

Smashing the hammer, Dawn was just going to use the technique he had memorized and as expected the first hit was bad.

Because he had no manual experience, it was inaccurate but each new hit developed his art.

The day went on as some time Ror would come to insult him for his amateurish work...at the end, Dawn left when the sun started settling down.
Sola was waiting on a bench, her eyes locked on the necklace she had just acquired.

Her body jumped when Dawn called her.

Dawn : Let's go.

Sola : Okay ! You stayed 3 hours inside. I guess it was successful, then.

Dawn : It was someway, anyway I'll come back tomorrow from my estimation of 2 weeks and I should be able to forge a correct weapon for myself.

Sola : That's nice to hear !

Smiling, the two then made their way to the mansion ending the day here.

Weeks passed since then as the two would often train in the morning then go out for a while, at this point the east part of the capital was their territory.

Time passed slowly and once again, in a beautiful morning as the sun was settling up, Dawn and Sola could be seen in the back of the mansion.

Where a rather large garden was located, in the middle of it they were doing their usual training...a training that Dawn took from Chloe.

And Sola followed after.

Sola Pov

Right or left...i can't decide, this dude is annoying !

This morning's training menu was light warm up then sparring, and honestly I might be good with magic but Dawn-kun's physical prowess is just counter for me !

Using my System skill and following his attack at the same time just overload my brain...i can't follow.

Dawn : Behind.

Widening my eyes, I turned around only to see nothing...

Sola : Huh ?

Dawn : You fell into my trap.

A shadow appeared behind me, I didn't even have the time to react when he locked my right arm on my back and placed his knee in a way I would be immobilized.

Crashing on the grass, I felt the impact ring in my head...ouch it hurt...

Sola : Ahh, it's my loss.

Dawn : Good job.

Letting me go, he got up and started stretching...this guy's skill is just op...like he had told me he couldn't do those techniques of self defense and martial arts in his past life.

But now that his physical ability is better than his former self, he could use the skill : Reader to implement techniques like these...

It's like seeing a skill on a game and directly using it, a copy cat for real.

Sola : Mouu ! You could at least go easy on me ! My head hurts now.

Pouting, I sat up and glared at him...he brushed me off and went to grab a towel.

Dawn : You are growing stronger, if i didn't do that i would be annihilated by your magic.

He says that but if we went on a magic contest, I'm not sure who would win...he is very combat oriented while I'm more of a support.

Sola : Ahh, why did I even decide to follow you in this training...

Laying down, I spread my arm while gazing at the sky.

3 more months and I will be at the academy...well I would at least be able to learn a few things there.

Sola : Anyway, where are you at for your weapon ?

Dawn : The information on forging Magic ore is still very uncommon and I greatly underestimated forging...so it will still take a few years before I acquire the necessary means to forge a good sword.

Sola : I see, well hope you achieve it then...

Still I wonder what Dawn-kun's motivation is...I know he wants to meet the main cast and Rimuru but what is his plan ?

He obviously doesn't want to destroy everything or conquer the world...does he even have a plan ?

Mine was always to see the world Rimuru would create...a beautiful world where no one has to fear to die from hunger, a world of peace.

A world where I could escape from this past of mine...

Dawn : You are again dreaming, come we still have 3 hours to go.

Sola : Ugh, hai hai...

Getting up, I shook my negative throw away and got ready...taking a battle stance I muttered a few incantations and sent multiple fireballs.

Ugh...i don't understand, the explanation of incantationless magic was clear yet i can't do it...i just can't imagine the process of creation and magic release without the incantation.

Dawn : Stop dreaming !

Snapping me out of my thoughts, I watched in amazement as Dawn-kun dodged the fire ball and quickly approached me with a wooden sword in hand.

My spells aren't fast yet but still...how can he stay calm when there is a literal fireball coming at you !

I gritted my teeth, and opted for a light magic to distract him followed by an ice lance.

But all seemed useless when a small light appeared in the palm of his hand...he can use magic too, i forgot that and this was my doom for this round.

A mirror made of ice, the reflection of my own light magic was sent back at me...my eyes blinded. I couldn't cast ice lance anymore.

Only seconds later when I opened my eyes, I saw a dull wooden blade right in front of my throat.

Sola : I guess I'll lose again...

3rd Pov

Once their morning training was off, they went to eat breakfast and decided to part away for the day.

Dawn returning to his room, he had something in mind and wanted to try.

Dawn : Spirit summoning...

Drawing a circle with a pencil, he had studied the subject along with forging for the past few days.

The circle was still imperfect but with his memories and the few scenes of the anime that show summoning magic.

He managed to somehow form a spirit summoning circle...once the drawing was done, he set his hand on the ground and started pouring magicule.

But the result turned out to be unexpected as a voice rang in his head.

VOTW : (The individual Dawn received the extra skill : Magic manipulation.)

Dawn : Huh ?

Dawn Pov

Wait...magic manipulation ? Why did the voice of the world announce it ? No...in fact I remember now when Hinata first arrived in this world.

She received a notification from the voice of the world announcing her skill...then why didn't I get it...maybe because I am reincarnated ? Yes, Rimuru too didn't get any announcement...well he did while dying, but does it count ?

Still, I now received a notification...magic manipulation, huh.

Dawn : I can do it now.

My eyes glowing slightly, my magicule felt light and easy to manipulate...i couldn't describe the feeling...

It's like learning something all your life then suddenly having something helping you doing it.

It's so much easier and i feel like a big burden on me disappear...

Dawn : Spirit summoning.

The summoning circle glowing, I succeeded...I summoned a spirit, a greater spirit at that !

???: Nice to meet you, young one.

Greater spirits have a spiritual form making them visible to a certain degree, in front of me was a sort of knight.

Judging by the curve of the armor, a female...through spirit technically doesn't have gender.

Her armor is covered with ice and spikes, like a middle tier dungeon boss...those badass knights.

Dawn : I suppose you are an Ice type spirit.

???: Indeed, I judge you worthy to be my master.

Dawn : Is that so.

Should I make a contract with her ? It wouldn't be bad, she is an ice spirit which would fit well with my affinity.

Dawn : Then shall we make a contract ?

???: If you wish to.

Getting on one knee, her magicule drew toward me...I felt a sudden burst of power as she slowly evaporated into my soul.

Heh, I feel kind of cold right now...it's not a bad feeling, so this is how the children's felt when they obtained spirits.

Not bad.

Dawn : By the way, can you hear me ?

???: Yes master.

Appearing out of nowhere, I forgot spirit could come out in a way where only their contractor could see them.

Dawn : Good, do you have a name ?

???: No.

She is kinda...cold ? Like she sounds emotionless...

Dawn : Then let me name you !

???: With due respect, I don't think the master has enough power to do that yet.

Dawn : I know that, still the worst that could happen is me fainting, naming one spirit should be fine.

I said confidently, my magicule count is rather high so there won't be any harm if it's just one name.

Beside i also want to know how it feels to lose a big amount of magicule in one go...the worst i got was running out of magicule after casting too much spell.

Dawn : Your name will be Snowie.

I thought about Snow but it sounded a little too manly...a large amount of magicule left my body as i fell on one knee.

My head's started spinning and I feel nauseous, it's like losing too much blood.

As for Snowie, her body glowed light blue before stopping, my magicule was still leaking...i underestimated the amount needed for a greater spirit...

The last thing I saw before fainting was Snowie's evolved form...her armors were slightly different but what stood out the most was her face.

She didn't have a helmet covering it anymore...instead it was a beautiful young lady with white hair and purple eyes.

Heh, I guess I got a beauty as a partner.

3rd Pov

As he fell on the ground, the newly named spirit caught her master and laid him down carefully.

She then sat down beside him and closed her eyes.

Snowie : I gratefully accept this name, my loyalty will follow you until death separates us.

Vowing her promess, she bowed her head while patting the unconscious boy's hair.

Snowie wasn't a normal lesser spirit...as far as she knew she was never born lesser and evolved, her consciousness was always there.

She was also capable of greater reasoning yet she never found the purpose of her life...she was born in a particular way being the result of the coldest magicule in the entire cardinal world.

She always felt different from other spirits..;while spirits are a natural born entity like any animal or monster.

Yet Snowie felt like she was born with a purpose, a goal that was set in her...

Unfortunately she never found it even after centuries of life...until now, the moment Dawn tried to summon her...

Every route toward other spirits was blocked as if the world wanted this to happen.

Snowie : My destiny is to follow him, I'm sure of it.

Flashback Pov

Being born from the magicule of a strongest being, Snowie was a spirit that was different from others...yes instead of following the spirit queen Ramiris.

She instead went on her own, one would call her the Noir of the spirit...her cold personality and charisma valuable her the title of coldest spirit.

Over the years, decades and centuries, Snowie had grown stronger, soon surpassing most of the greater spirit.

At that time, she felt nothing...no duty, no emotion, no ambition...this all changed when she had met the spirit queen.

She was still the majestic queen of spirit, not the pixie corrupted by Milim's magicule.

That day, she learned her origin...like in the future Charybdys, Snowie was born from a true dragon...as her element suggests, during one of Velzard and Guy's fights.

Velzard had released too much magicule and let it out of control...a power that accidentally entered the realm of spirit through space and time.

Freezing a small part of the realm, Snowie was born...the revelation of her supposed mother was a shock.

Yet, she felt nothing for Velzard...she didn't even acknowledge her as her creator.

Something was missing and it's under Ramiris's next words that Snowie would continue to live on.

Ramiris : You might be lost and feel nothing but darkness but one day, you might find someone capable of breaking this loneliness.

???: What do you mean ?

Ramiris : You aren't under my authority, nor do you see Velzard-san as your creator...your purpose is still unknown but I believe that this darkness will turn into light one day.

Those words were confusing but after thinking about it, Snowie decided that she would wait until this person Ramiris had mentioned appeared.

Flashback end

Her gaze shifted up as she ended her thought process...Snowie closed her eyes before entering Dawn's soul again.

She was also reaching her limits...the energy she put to bypass the evolutionary sleep was high, now she had to rest.

The only reason she didn't go to sleep was the state of her master, he fell unconscious right after the naming process...no one was around to guard him.

Only her could do that at the moment but now that he was waking up.

She could rest easy...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

463 16 4
At a very young age, Akinoko will randomly stumble across Veldanava's death domain in her dreams. Enjoining her time with the Ancient Dragon until on...
40.3K 1.8K 24
Feldway finally had enough. He brought out his true body, crafted by Veldanava's hands, while Rimuru was distracted, fighting an enraged Milim under...
13K 339 9
⚠️PLEASE READ THE FINAL CHAPTER [ANNOUNCEMENT]⚠️ Rimuru and Veldora adopt a newborn slime and named it Adani Tempest. What kind of life will Adani Te...
121K 3.2K 35
"Reincarnation.. didn't think it was true. A lot of us wish to be isekaid so we could be with our favorite characters but we never think it to be tru...