Without You

By urfavlali748

~3 years ago~ "Sweetheart, I didn't do anything, this is all a big misunderstanding." he shouts back "Don't... More

Characters Aesthetic
2 || Kiss
3 || Spin the bottle

1 || First day

146 10 10
By urfavlali748

Lia

I let out a deep breath, Im so nervous and excited in the same time. I jump in my seat before calming my self down. I click on the email I have been waiting for two weeks. I squeal in happiness when I read that I got the Job. I jump out of my seat and grab my phone to call Zara. I put my phone to my ear only hearing the ring. Soon after she picks up the call.

"Hey lia" she say's tiredly.

"You know the interview I went to two weeks ago?" I say excitedly smiling to myself.

"Yes?"

"I got it!" I scream in the phone, Zara screams back into the phone making my ears ring. I laugh making her laugh as well.

"Im coming over, and we celebrating" is the last thing she says before hanging up. I put the phone down and go back over to my computer. I read the rest of the email to see the office timings and the rest of the details.

Im so happy

___

My head goes back as I laugh at Zara's jokes. She came to my house an hour ago and she said that we are going out for dinner. So we are in my room getting ready. Zara already came ready, but I am getting ready. I finish putting my clothes on and head over to my vanity. I put some mascara along with some blush. I make sure to adjust my hair before turning over to Zara.

"Im ready" I say walking over to my chair and grabbing my purse mkaing sure my wallet is in there.

"Okay great, we are going in my car" she jumps off the bed. We both make our way to her car, and i take a seat in the passenger seat.

"So where are we going for dinner?" I ask looking at her

"Cheese cake factory" she says smiling

"No way, your the best" I smile back trying to hug her from my seat. She laughs at my attempt and I laugh along.

___

The waiter guides us to our booth. It's a two seater booth in the corner of the restaurant. I take a seat and Zara take a seat across from me. There is a huge window to my right displaying the view of the street outside. the waiter hands us our menus and walks away giving us time to decide.

What are you gonna get?" I look down at the menu, trying to decide what I want.

"Pizza" she says quickly facing the menu down.

"What about you?" She asks

"Probably pasta" I also put the menu down and rest my elbow on the table holding my face in my hand.

"So tell me more" she squeals with excitement. I give her a confused look not knowing what she is talking about.

"Like tell me about the job" she rephrases her question.

"Well, I'm going to work there."

"No shit Sherlock" she says dumbfounded. I roll my eyes.

"There is literally nothing to tell you"

" there is a lot of things you need to tell me" he raises her eyebrow. I soon understand her question.

"We are not talking about that" I turn a little serious.

"Come on, doesn't he work in the same company?" I shrug my shoulders trying to show I'm not interested in this conversation.

"What if you run into him?"

"I'm not going to run into him"

"I bet you will"

"I bet not"

"I bet yes"

"I don't think so"

"Okay fine, if you run into him you give me 20 bucks and if you don't I give you 20 bucks" she says as she crosses her arms across her chest. I do the same.

"Fine" I grumble under my breath.

I'm going to be 20 dollars richer.

"Actually, your gonna give me 100 because your gonna make more so you can afford, and I will still give you 20"

"What! How is that fair?"

"Well you work and I don't" I roll my eyes, ignoring her.

___

Around 20 minutes later, the waiter comes out with food we ordered. She puts our dishes down in front of us. I laugh watching Zara shoving her pizza in her face. I slowly eat my pasta as I watch her eat her food.

"So what happened with that dude? She grabs a napkin cleaning her self up. I shrug.

"It was okay" I continue to eat my food.

"Are you guys going on a second date?" Her eyebrow lift a in curiosity.

"Yes we are, this weekend actually" she claps her hands excitedly.

"That's means it did go well"

"I guess so" I finish eating my food, i reach for my  wallet to take out my card but Zara stops me and takes hers out instead.

"Aww you so kind" she smiles sheepishly.

"I know" she says making me roll my eyes at her. After paying we both walk back to the car and we start heading home. 

After I get dropped home, Zara heads back to hers. Before heading to bed I make sure that I have everything ready for tomorrow. I picked my outfit, set my alarm and I know what I'm having for breakfast. I jump under my covers, and turn the light allowing me to sleep.

The next day

I get out the car, and grab my phone and purse before heading inside.

Shit I'm scared

When I opened the door, I see a front desk with a girl behind the desk typing something on the computer. I walk tot the desk to check in, and wait for a few seconds before clearing my throat to get her attention. He eyes jolt up to my mine. I shoot a small smile. I give her my id card that was sent in the mail. She gives me a quick nod and points to the door.

In the email it says floor 78, room C73. So I head to the elevators. I feel a presence of another person next me to me ask I click on the button. I hear a ding sound as the elevator doors open, I get into the elevator and so does the person next to. I click on the button the says "78."

"What floor?" I ask trying to be polite. The person next to me scoffs.

Rude

I look up to see his face, but his hair is blocking his facial features. From what I can see he is very tall, with a built body and black hair. I also notice the tattoos on his hand. I quickly turn away when I feel him looking at him. I soon exit the elevator, and so does he. As soon as he exits he quickly walks the opposite direction of me. Like he wanted to get away from me. I ignore at and try to divert my attention to finding the room. I walk down the hallway, and see many doors with number beside the door frame.

I stop in front of the door in supposed to me at and give a slight knock. I hear a faint "come in" before I enter the room. I see a desk in front of me and a man behind the desk. He looks up at me with a smile. I smile back at him.

"Hi I'm Lia Archer" i put my hand out as I introduce myself. He stands up from his chair and put his hand out to shake mine. The man introduces him self as Ryan walker. He has dark brown hair with big blue eyes. He's also tall but not tall as the man I encountered earlier.

He takes a seat back in his chair and point to the chair in front of me indicating for me to sit. I do as he says and take a seat.

"So today we have a meeting and I will introduce you to everyone there, how does that sound?" He says as he finishes typing on him computer.

"Ya sounds perfect" I say putting a smile on my face.

"Since it's also most time why don't we go there now?" He says looking at the watch as he gets up from his seat. I nod, following him out the door.

"How do you like it here so far?" He walks beside me.

"Well I haven't been here long, but I like it"

Expect some people.

Ryan holds the door open for me.

"Thank you"

"Of course" I take a seat next to Ryan, at the big oval shaped table. There are chairs surrounding the table, with a chandelier hanging in the center. The conference room is bigger than I imagined. There is a huge window that shows an amazing view of the city. I'm snapped out of my thought when I feel a tap on my shoulder.

"Hey" I hear a voice beside me. I look to see another woman sitting beside me. She has wavy brown hair with brown eyes.

"Hi" I say with a warm smile on my face.

"I'm Ashly "

"I'm Lia, I'm new"

"That's what I thought, I never saw you around" she says with a smile plastered on her face.

"Ya I-" I was cut off when everyone suddenly stood up, so I stood up to. The door opened revealing a tall figure. He look a lot like the person in the elevator. I pushed that thought away as I watched him walk to the front of the room. He singled everyone to sit down and that's when I saw his face more clearly.

My eyes widened in shock to see who it was. I quickly turned my head away, hoping he didn't see me.

"You, you get up" he says sternly point his index finger at me.

Shit. Im quitting.

I did what he said and I stood up. I purposely made eye contact with him, his eyes also widened in shock a little. After realizing who I was, his infamous glare settled back on his face.

"Introduce yourself" he says more aggressively. I flinch at his tone a little.

"I'm Lia and today is my first day" I say confidently, getting everyone attention.

"She's a new addition to the team" he clears his throat before starting the presentation.
___

Hi guys, this is my first time writing, so there will obviously be mistakes. But i do hope the book gets better through out.

I will try to upload everyday or so.

Thank you for reading.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

684K 36.1K 20
๐’๐ก๐ข๐ฏ๐š๐ง๐ฒ๐š ๐‘๐š๐ฃ๐ฉ๐ฎ๐ญ ๐ฑ ๐‘๐ฎ๐๐ซ๐š๐ค๐ฌ๐ก ๐‘๐š๐ฃ๐ฉ๐ฎ๐ญ ~By ๐Š๐š๐ฃ๐ฎ๊จ„๏ธŽ...
2M 110K 96
Daksh singh chauhan - the crowned prince and future king of Jodhpur is a multi billionaire and the CEO of Ratore group. He is highly honored and resp...
237K 14.3K 16
"แ€˜แ€ฑแ€ธแ€แ€ผแ€ถแ€€แ€œแ€ฌแ€•แ€ผแ€ฑแ€ฌแ€แ€šแ€บ แ€„แ€œแ€ปแ€พแ€„แ€บแ€œแ€พแ€ฏแ€•แ€บแ€žแ€ฝแ€ฌแ€ธแ€œแ€ญแ€ฏแ€ทแ€แ€ฒแ€ท.... แ€™แ€Ÿแ€ฏแ€แ€บแ€›แ€•แ€ซแ€˜แ€ฐแ€ธแ€—แ€ปแ€ฌ...... แ€€แ€ปแ€ฝแ€”แ€บแ€แ€ฑแ€ฌแ€บ แ€”แ€พแ€œแ€ฏแ€ถแ€ธแ€žแ€ฌแ€ธแ€€ แ€žแ€ฐแ€ทแ€”แ€ฌแ€™แ€Šแ€บแ€œแ€ฑแ€ธแ€€แ€ผแ€ฝแ€ฑแ€€แ€ปแ€แ€ฌแ€•แ€ซ.... แ€€แ€ปแ€ฝแ€”แ€บแ€แ€ฑแ€ฌแ€บแ€›แ€„แ€บแ€แ€ฏแ€”แ€บแ€žแ€ถแ€แ€ฝแ€ฑแ€€...
3M 86.8K 26
"Stop trying to act like my fiancรฉe because I don't give a damn about you!" His words echoed through the room breaking my remaining hopes - Alizeh (...