Hikari: 『Volume 2 - Omakes』

By Queen__Dee__diaspora

___________________________________________________ "This is the story of how we all became the greatest hero... More

◆Training of the Dead◇
◆Training of the Dead II◇
◆Go! Operation: MOFKAFIL II◇
◆Laugh!◇
◆Laugh! II◇
◆My Baby Academia◇
◆My Baby Academia II◇
◆My Baby Academia III◇
◆Island Rescue Mission◇
◆Island Rescue Mission II◇
◆Island Rescue Mission II½◇
◆Island Rescue Mission III◇
◆Island Rescue Mission IV◇
◆Island Rescue Mission IV½◇
◆Go! Operation: MOFKAFIL◇
◆Chivalry Is Dead◇
◆Past Predilection◇
◆Number One Study Partner◇
◆Number One Boyfriend◇
◆White Day!◇
◆Hero League Baseball◇
◆WHAT IF... I MADE IT RIGHT?◇
◆WHAT IF... YOU HAD BEEN THERE?◇

◆Firework!◇

110 5 0
By Queen__Dee__diaspora

A/N: A little fourth wall short snap based on Horikoshi's side story (I have no idea which one it is though lol).

Lots of references to chapters 107 and 108 here! (So spoilers for those who aren't there yet!)

Enjoy!

"Miyuki-Chan!~"

The half-and-half girl turned around, curious, and her mouth formed a small 'o' in surprise when she saw Mina running up to her excitedly with thin, colourful sticks in her hands.

"A-Ashido-Chan!" She exclaimed, giggling lightly when Mina threw her arms around her. "What is it? I was just on my way out."

"What? No way!" Mina grinned and held up the Senko Hanabi sticks, waving them around excitedly. "Hey~, let's light some fireworks! Fireworks~~"

Miyuki brushed a hand through her hair, a nervous expression taking over her features when she brushed the choppy ends. "Um... Fireworks?" She tapped her chin thoughtfully.

The last few weeks had been nothing short of action-packed for her since she decided to leave UA and take care of the villains Zin and the Liberation army had freed from Tartarus. Did she really want to take a break for something like fireworks? They were kind of explosive, too, and she'd been hoping to take a break from that for at least a little while.

Then again...

I might get to spend time with everyone again, she thought, her cheeks tinting a light red when her mind drifted to a certain ash-blonde. We haven't really spoken to each other after what happened at Gunga, either.

"Sure," Miyuki finally answered, which made Mina's face light up. "I don't see why not. Let's do it!"

"Yay!" Mina cheered. "Fireworks! Fireworks! Fire! –"

"Wait, Ashido!" Denki interrupted, moving over to the two girls. "Playing with fireworks might trigger another explosion. Don't tell me you forgot about the explosions Miyuki-Chan was involved in the last two weeks!"

"Awww~~" Mina pouted.

"It's fine," Miyuki said, taking one of the Senko Hanabi and waving it around with a grin on her face. "Fireworks could be just the break we all need right now. It could be fun!" She giggled, giving him a close-eyed smile. His pupils morphed into hearts.

"Anything with you is fun, Miyuki-Chan~" he stated. Denki took a Senko Hanabi, too. "Fireworks!~"

"Oh, brother," Mina muttered, rolling her eyes at Denki's lovesick behaviour. The last two weeks had been just fine without it.

A loud scoff caught the three's attention – and Miyuki went rigid when she saw Katsuki standing there in a black shirt with the word 'Bomb' on the front.

"Why do fireworks get you all so excited...?!" He asked, annoyed. He looked to the side – and his eyes threatened to pop out of his head when he saw Miyuki standing there. "You!"

"H-Hello," she greeted, waving nervously.

"We need to talk," he gruffly stated, marching up to her. The half-and-half girl paled.

Shoot! She bit her lip, her skin breaking out into a cold sweat. She fiddled with her fingers as she looked at one of the people she really wasn't ready to face at that moment.

"I can explain –" She started, but was immediately cut off.

"Why you decided to leave to take care of everything yourself?!" Katsuki questioned, little sparks shooting from his hands. "Deku's recklessness is rubbing off way too much on you...!"

"See!" Denki said, intercepting Katsuki halfway. "If this guy's here, stuff will definitely explode! Run away!!"

"That's right, so let's leave the romantic dramatic stuff for another time!" Ejirou said, throwing an arm around Katsuki's shoulder.

"Romantic?!" Mina gasped, eyes alighting with excitement. Miyuki waved around the firework again, pulling Mina's attention back to them right away.

"H-How about we light the fireworks now, everyone," she offered, sheepish. "Right?"

"Yay!" Denki cheered, throwing an arm around the half-and-half girl's shoulders. "Let's light the fireworks, Miyuki-Chwan!~" Katsuki's face turned red in anger, eyes narrowing at his classmate's grinning face as Ejirou started pulling him outside to the courtyard.

"Did someone say we're lighting fireworks?" Ochaco asked, popping her head into the room just as everyone started going outside. Her eyes widened happily when she saw Miyuki. "Yuki-Chan, you're back!"

"Only for the time being," she answered as the brunette ran up to her.

"I've got to tell Deku-Kun!" Ochaco said. She threw her arms around Miyuki. "I'm so glad you're safe, Yuki-Chan! We've been worried about you since you left UA so suddenly a few weeks ago. I can't believe you have a brother – and then all that other stuff about One for All! Why didn't you tell us? Are you okay?!"

"Sorry for worrying you all. Yeah, I'm fine," the half-and-half girl replied as they walked outside. She exhaled and ran a hand through her half-black, half-white hair. "There is still a bunch of stuff I need to take care of, though, so please don't tell Izuku anything yet. The school will protect him, even from Zin. He'll try to leave if you tell him!"

"Well... okay," Ochaco said but Miyuki knew it was a lot to ask of her during this short break they had without explaining much else. She would be uncertain, too, in her shoes. "But I think you should speak to him soon, or any of us. We're all here to help you – the both of you!" She reached down and gave her hand an assuring squeeze.

Miyuki smiled, glad to feel the warmth of the brunette's presence beside her again. "Thank you, Ochaco-Chan. I will definitely talk with you all again soon, just like we used to!"

Outside, most of the Senko Hanabi were already lit up. Miyuki giggled happily when Mina and Ochaco lit their's and started running around with them, creating streams of colourful light that followed behind them. Denki skipped over to her with his own firework and Miyuki happily snapped her fingers to create a small ball of light and set it on top of the stick. It started sparking brightly, lighting up his face as his expression morphed to one of awe.

"So cool...!" He said. Denki crouched down, waving the firework around happily. "Thank you, Miyuki-Chan!"

"You're welcome, Kaminari-Kun," Miyuki said with a comfortable smile.

Katsuki threw a glance her way, his own Senko Hanabi unlit. He pursed his lips, frustration and discomfort vividly reflected in his eyes as he watched the lights dancing across her face, accentuating the brightness of her eyes even more than before in the darkness surrounding them. He looked away, the corners of his mouth pulling into a heavy frown.

"You should go speak with her," Ejirou said from beside him. "It'll help her out, too, before she goes back. Communication –"

"–is important. Yeah, I know," Katsuki interrupted, expression mellowing out. He stood up and shoved a hand into his pocket before grumbling out, "The original plot wasn't even made for romantic stuff like this. Why the hell'd it get so damn complicated for me?"

Ejirou shrugged, walking beside Katsuki as they joined the others. "It's not. I don't think it is, though. Just tell her how you really feel and it All Might just work out." He grinned and prodded Katsuki's side with his elbow. "D'ya get it? 'Cause he's you and Miyuki-San's favourite hero!"

"Stop talking," Katsuki grumbled, a vein throbbing on his face.

Miyuki looked up from her own green firework, the light still reflecting in her irises of the same shade as she saw Ejirou and Katsuki walking over to join them – and her face warmed up when, unexpectedly, the latter came and crouched down beside her. He didn't say anything first. She didn't look at him, either, but she quickly realized how hard it was to ignore his presence since he was right next to her.

Sh-Should I say something? Miyuki wondered, biting her lip as her stomach fluttered with nerves. Wait, maybe I should wait a little longer in case he wants to speak first –

"T-These fireworks Ashido-Chan found... are pretty amazing," Miyuki heard herself say. As soon as the words finished rolling off her tongue, she mentally slapped her own forehead, her cheeks turning a darker red in embarrassment. "It's great having them around to loosen up a bit."

Stop talking!

"...I guess it ain't too bad sometimes," Katsuki responded, his tone much calmer than before. But she still heard the restraint he put there.

Miyuki decided to face him. When she did, her eyes widened when she met his gaze, already intently fixed on her from the moment he joined her.

"Yeah," she said quietly. She looked down for a moment, heart thumping wildly through her eardrums before she raised her hand, balled into a fist. "It's a little short, but... we'll talk properly soon. Okay? I'll come back to everyone soon... Once I know you'll all be safe."

"Not if we decide to come and get you first," he replied, bumping his fist with hers. Miyuki's eyes widened when she felt him wrap his arm around her shoulders and pull her into what felt like a hug, his other hand still holding the firework, its light softly merging with hers. "There's a bunch of stuff you gotta answer for."

"I understand. Don't do anything crazy while I'm gone," she said, wrapping her arm around him, too. Katsuki scoffed, his mouth curling into a smirk infringing on a smile. "Especially not to Izuku."

"How can I?" He muttered against the side of her head. His smile dropped a little as his hand came to rest on the back of it, his fingers brushing the now choppy ends of her hair. "You're taking all the crazy with you, Pepperhead."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

757K 29K 33
(Female reader x various male characters) [Y/n] [L/n] has always been told her quirk was nothing special. Determined to defy expectations, she imagi...
24.1K 996 23
"𝕊𝕞𝕚𝕝𝕖. 𝕀𝕥 𝕃𝕠𝕠𝕜𝕤 𝔹𝕖𝕥𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕆𝕟 𝕐𝕠𝕦." Y/N, having been trapped in what most would consider hell, managed to slip through the finger...
79.7K 4.3K 72
Mirianne Shotomoto has a mother with a tough set of morals. Being the arch-nemesis of Endeavor, her mother, Nightmare, actively searched for ways of...
59K 1K 17
Ever since Izuku Midoriya joined U.A. High School and settled in, he knew that the League of Villains were after him and his quirk: One For All. Howe...