Stolen Hearts (Harry Potter x...

By avocadoriceandmilk

*•.~(Harry Potter x Fem! Reader) *** "Well," said Harry. "There's always Moaning Myrtle," Y/N laughed. "Like... More

..Author's Notes & Welcome!..
..Prologue..
Y3~The Beginning of something new..
Y3~..Sirius Black..
Y3~Tea Leaves & Buckbeak..
Y3~..Boggarts..
Y3~..Hogsmade & Quidditch..
Y3~..Snow days at Hogwarts..
Y3~..A Firebolt..
Y3~..The Stag & Doe..
Y3~A Hippogriff's fate..
Y3~..The Truth Comes Out..
..Author's Notes..
Y4•+*..Catching up..
Y4•+*..The Burrow..
Y4•+*..Quidditch World Cup 1994..
Y4•+*..More coffee, anyone?
Y4•+*..The Triwizard Tournament & Unforgivable Curses..
Y4•+*..Guests & Champions..
Y4•+*..Potter Stinks..
Y4•+*..The First Task & S.P.E.W..
Y4•+*..The Yule Ball
Y4•+*..The Prefect's Bathroom..
Y4•+*..The Second Task & a reconciliation..
Y4•+*..Rita Skeeter..
Y4•+*The Third Task & Goodbyes..
..Author's Notes..

Y4•+*..Dance Lessons & Partners

772 23 11
By avocadoriceandmilk

"Potter, Weasley!" barked Professor Mcgonagall. "Will you pay attention!"

The cold air of December had arrived at last, and Y/N, who was taking notes, jumped and turned around.

Harry and Ron had their ties wrapped around their heads as they played with fake wands like children.

The boys looked up, and Harry caught sight of Y/N. He flushed and quickly removed his tie, avoiding contact. Y/N smiled and chuckled.

"Children." Hermione muttered quietly.

"Now that Potter and Weasley have been kind enough to act they're age, I have something to say to you all,"

Y/N looked at Professor Mcgonagall once more as she started to speak.

"The Yule Ball is approaching- a traditional part of the Triwizard Tournament and an opportunity for us to socialize with our foreign guests. Now, the ball will be open only to fourth years and above- although you may invite a younger student if you wish-"

Lavender Brown giggled, Parvati nudged her in the ribs, but her face was scrunched up as she tried not to burst into a shrill of giggles. Y/N and Hermione exchanged looks of surprise.

Harry felt his face grow hot and Ron hid behind his hair.

"Dress robes will be worn," Professor Mcgonagall continued. "and the ball will start at eight o'clock on Christmas day, finishing at midnight in the Great hall. Now then-"

Professor Mcgonagall scanned the room.

"The Yule Ball is of course for us all to -er- let our hair down," she said, in a disapproving voice.

Lavender and Parvat giggled. Y/N let out a small chuckle and Hermione tried to hide her smile.

She could see what was funny this time. Professor Mcgonagall was always seen in a tight bun and it looked like she never let her hair down.

"But that does NOT mean," Professor Mcgonagall went on sternly. "That we will be relaxing, the standards of behavior we expect from Hogwarts students. I will be most seriously displeased if a Gryffindor student embarrasses the school in any way."

The bell rang, and everyone grabbed their bags, making there way to there next class.

"Potter a word," said Professor Mcgonagall, standing up from her desk.

The Quartet exchanged confused looks.

"I'll see you all later," he said, and Y/N, Hermione and Ron exited the room.

"Exciting isn't it?" Y/N said eagerly. "A ball! Gosh, I've never been to those."

"It should be interesting," Hermione said thoughtfully. "I wonder if you need dates.."

Ron cleared his throat loudly and the girls stared at him.

"Sorry," he said, turning pink. "It's just.. if we do.. you know need dates. I don't know how I'm going to ask a girl."

"You can always ask us." said Hermione timidly. Y/N blinked and Ron gaped.

"No, no, no." said Ron shaking his head briskly. He looked at Y/N and then at Hermione who refused to look at him. "Actually.. I can— consider it."

Hermione nodded her head briskly and Y/N giggled.

"I really doubt we'll be forced to get dates." said Y/N slowly. "But.. it'd be nice to get asked out."

"Do you think Harry will ask you?" Hermione said at once.

"What? No! Why- why would he? Do you see how awkward he is? There's no way he would ask someone out.." Y/N rambled on quickly.

Ron sniggered. "What if Professor Mcgonagall forces him to get a date? Then you have a chance!"

"A chance?" Y/N glared. Ron flinched and Hermione chuckled.

"No.. no you know what I mean I — Harry mate!" he suddenly called.

Hermione and Y/N turned around and saw Harry walking out of the classroom, face red.

"What's wrong, Harry? You look shaken up.." Hermione asked.

Harry looked up, eyes slightly wide and the trio took aback.

"I have to ask someone out!" he gasped. "Professor Mcgonagall says that since I'm a champion I need to have a date! Can you believe it.."

Y/N blinked and felt herself flush, Hermione and Ron exchanged looks quickly.

"Is that so?" said Ron. Harry nodded quickly.

"Okay so get a move on then!" said Ron and Harry stared at him in horror. "I won't interrupt."

Hermione nudged his ribs and Y/N had a feeling he was talking about her and Harry.

"What are you talking about?" Harry asked, raising a brow. "I'll.. I'll think about asking someone out another day.."

Y/N felt her face slightly drop but she quickly fixed it. However, Ron and Hermione were too quick for her and noticed.

"Everyone's gonna be asking for dates, Harry," said Y/N sternly. "If you don't get a move on you won't get to ask a girl you genuinely like."

"I don't have time to think about that right now." said Harry, not meeting her gaze and turning pink.

"Fine then!" Y/N snapped and Ron and Hermione took aback. "Be a loner at the Ball! Let's see how Mcgonagall forgives you!"

Harry's head snapped up to look at her but she was already storming off, Hermione and Ron stared at each other and then at him. Ron swallowed and Hermione went after her best friend.

"What was all that about?" said Harry, baffled.

Ron sighed.

***

Throughout the next days the only conversations to be heard was the Yule Ball and rumors spread that Dumbledore had asked the Weird Sister's to come and perform.

After Y/N's bitterness wore off she apologized to Harry to release any tension.. once more. It felt like a lot of tension was building in between them this year.

Harry, who was still a bit shaken up accepted her apology even if he was still confused.

"I'm telling you I'd rather have another go at the dragon," he said as Y/N and Ron walked with him to Charms the following day.

"Don't be ridiculous," Y/N laughed, slightly nudging him in the ribs. "Just grit your teeth and get it over with. Who.. who do you plan to invite l?"

Harry felt his face grow hot and muttered a small, "I- I don't know yet.."

Ron turned to look at her quickly and Y/N let out a quiet sigh.

"Hi Harry!" an unfamiliar voice called.

Y/N looked up and saw a very pretty Ravenclaw girl. She had dark brown hair, hazel eyes and freckles all over her face.

"Hello," said Harry politely, though he seemed scared.

"Do you have a date to the Yule Ball yet?" she asked. Her eyes didn't show a glint of fear in asking, Harry felt intimidated.

Ron and Y/N exchanged looks, she felt her heart race.

"I don't actually," said Harry, he let out a nervous chuckle.

"Oh, well.. would you care to go with me?" she said a little more timidly.

Harry blinked. "I'm sorry.. but no."

The girls face slightly fell, but she smiled and gave a polite nod as she walked away.

"She was really pretty.." Y/N said in awe as she walked away. "She handled that a lot more maturely."

"She was pretty Harry mate," said Ron and Y/N glared at him.

Harry hummed in response. "Come on. Let's get to Charms."

Over the next few days Harry had a couple of girls walking up to him: a curly haired Hufflepuff walked up to him and asked him to the ball, and without thinking Harry said no. The girl walked off looking hurt.

A few days after that, a fifth year walked up to him and looked like she would knock him out if he refused.

"She was a foot taller than me!" Harry exclaimed, looking horrified. "Imagine what I would look like dancing with her!"

Y/N and Ron burst out laughing, Dean and Seamus who happened to be near roared in laughter.

"She — was — quite good looking!" said Y/N through roars of laughter.

Harry pushed her playfully and chuckled.

"Harry, you seriously have to think of a kinder way to say no to these girls." Y/N said seriously. "Like you did with the first girl, remember the pretty Ravenclaw?"

"Oh yeah," said Harry, nodding. "I guess I just got tired of people asking me.."

Y/N gulped, what if he said that to her if she asked him out. "Yeah.."

She patted her legs and decided to wait — no, hope he would ask her. She wouldn't be waiting for anyone.

There'd be an exception for you though Harry thought.

Later that day the Quartet were in the common room, Ron was building a tower with cards, with Y/N watching, purposely making a lot of noise. Hermione was studying, and Harry was reading Flying with the Cannons.

"Harry, I really think you should be working on that egg," said Hermione as she looked up from her book.

Harry looked up and frowned. "Come on Hermione, I've got till February twenty-fourth,"

"Yes, but that egg could take you weeks to figure out! Your going to look like a real idiot if everyone else knows what the next task is and you don't-!"

"Leave him alone, Hermione. He's earned a bit of a break," said Ron, staring at her.

"Quite a break he's had then," Y/N said and the boys looked at her.

"What do you mean?" Harry asked.

"Oh come on, Harry. You've been rejecting girls left and right every day and you still have no date. Besides, you still look shaken up at the idea of dancing. But.. don't worry. All of this will be over soon, the first part is getting a partner already." she added the last part quietly and bitterly.

However, Harry and Ron had heard.

"Harry mate, you should just say yes to the next girl who asks you." said Ron, a teasing smile on his face.

Harry looked up and Y/N panicked.

"May-"

"No!" Y/N yelled, and she covered her mouth quickly as some people stared at her. "I mean.. no. Harry shouldn't just say yes to anyone. I mean.. he should see who he wants to ask. She's gonna be beside him the entire night so she might as well be good company and.. and who's worthy to be his date!"

Ron smirked proudly and picked up his two cards placing them on the tower. Y/N huffed and folded her arms bitterly, she had to stop doing that or else she was desperate. Harry was about to respond before the tower exploded — slightly burning Ron's eyebrows.

"Nice look, Ron...go well with your dress robes, that will,"

It was Fred and George, they plopped themselves next to Ron.

"So....you lot got dates for the ball yet?"

"Nope," said Ron.

Harry, Y/N and Hermione shook their heads.

"Well, you better get a move on, mate. Before all the good ones are gone," said Fred, nudging his ribs.

"Who're you going with, then?" said Ron, raising a brow.

"Angelina," said Fred casually.

"What?" said Ron, looking surprised he actually answered. "You've already asked her?"

"Good point," said Fred, tilting his head thoughtfully. He turned his head toward Angelina who was speaking with Alicia Spinnet. "Oi! Angelina!"

Angelina, who looked annoyed at the disruption of this conversation turned to look at Fred, frowning.

"What?"

"Want to come to the ball with me?"

Angelina blinked and then a small smile crept on her face.

"All right then," she shrugged.

She faced Alicia again and started chatting with her, a grin on her face.

"And thats how you do it," said George, snapping his fingers.

"Piece of cake," said Fred, folding his arms cooly.

And with identical movements the twins left.

"You guys can do this!"

Harry stared after them, then he took a quick glance at Y/N who was already staring at him. Their eyes met and they quickly looked away, their cheeks red.

"We should get a move on, then." said Ron. "We don't want to end up like a pair of trolls,"

"A pair of....what? Excuse me?" said Hermione, raising a brow.

"Well....you know," said Ron, shrugging. "I'd rather go alone than with...Eloise Midgen."

"Her acne's loads better lately-and she's really nice!"

"Her nose is off center," Ron stated.

"Oh, I see," said Hermione, raising her eyebrows angrily. "So basically your going to ask the best looking girl to the ball even if she's completely horrible?"

"Er—yeah, that sounds about right," said Ron, nodding.

"I'm going to bed," Hermione snapped. She slammed her book shut and walked up the stairs.

"Your unbelievable Ron, you really are." said Y/N shaking her head, a slight smile on her face.

"Well," said Harry, looking defeated. "There's always Moaning Myrtle,"

Lots of Gryffindors were starting to head up to their dorms by now. There were at least three of them left.

Y/N laughed. "Like I said, you both have to grit your teeth and do it."

"You're right," said Ron. "Right well, let me just get the confidence. Its easy for you Harry. You're a champion."

"Just because Harry's a champion doesn't mean he has it easier," said Y/N matter-of-factly. "I'm sure many people would go to the ball with him if he weren't. I sure would—"

She blurted the last part and her cheeks grew hot.

"You think so?" said Harry quietly.

"I know so," she said.

Ron opened his mouth but closed it, he grinned. "I'm going to bed."

By then, every other Gryffindor had gone to bed. Y/N and Harry were alone.

He swung his bag over his shoulder and walked up the boys dormitory.

Y/N sighed and faced Harry who was looking at the floor thoughtfully.

Would Y/N, the most beautiful and amazing girl Harry's ever met, really go to the ball with him?

"You looked pretty shaken up at the thought of dancing," said Y/N. "You still do."

Harry looked up and faced her.

"Well yeah, I — well — I don't really know how to dance.."

Y/N saw the embarrassed look on Harry's face and smiled.

"Don't be embarrassed Harry, I could teach you."

She got up and held out a hand for Harry to take, Harry stared up at her.

"Are you sure about this? I mean - what if I step on you?" he muttered quickly.

"Don't worry about that," said Y/N, smiling warmly. She was still holding out a hand.

Harry hesitantly reached out, he closed his fingers around Y/N's hand and felt warmth fill inside him. He sighed.

"Right," said Y/N, she suddenly felt nervous. "Waltzing...er-"

Get it together Y/N! she thought desperately as she looked down at her feet,

Harry stared at her, "Are you all right?" he asked, grabbing her chin softly and making her face up.

"Yes," Y/N nodded. She grabbed his hand and gently placed it on her waist as Y/N placed a hand on his shoulder. She felt her stomach erupt with butterflies as Harry held onto her gently.

"Now," said Y/N, she took a deep breath. "You're going to step forward - no with your right foot — yeah exactly — now move forward — and back — and left..."

It took a few minutes of Y/N repeating the steps but Harry had finally memorized them.. though he was a bit rusty.

He had started to waltz — not as smoothly but it was a progress, every once in a while he would step on her feet.

"Sorry, sorry!" said Harry for what felt like the dozenth time.

"Don't worry about it -" said Y/N, trying her best not to wince. "This is nothing compared to the pain I put dad through."

"What happened?" said Harry, grinning.

"Kept stepping on him every two seconds," said Y/N, she thought. "He started limping afterwards."

Harry laughed. "I won't make you limp.. I'll probably make you fall."

Y/N shot him a look but the two burst out laughing.

"You can twirl someone, can't you?" said Harry, looking at their intertwined hands.

"Oh yes." Y/N nodded. Harry grinned and she was about to ask why before Harry twirled her gracefully.

Y/N who was caught off guard, tripped over her feet and grabbed onto Harry's arm dragging him down with her.

They hit the floor with a loud thump, for a second they stared at the ceiling before turning to face each other and bursting out in fits of laughter.

"Well that caught me off guard," Y/N laughed.

"I didn't mean for you to trip," said Harry as he kept laughing.

"And I didn't mean to make you fall with me," said Y/N.

Harry hoisted himself on an elbow. "But yet you did. Isn't it funny how I said you would fall but we both ended up falling?"

Y/N laughed as she continued to stare up at the ceiling. "You're right."

Harry stared at her for a moment. She was peacefully on the ground, her hair laid out behind her quite messy yet she still looked beautiful. Her arms were over her stomach, and her eyes were far away from the common room.

"What're you thinking about?" Harry asked.

Y/N sighed. "I'm not really thinking but.. daydreaming. I mean, don't you ever imagine different scenarios. Like this one, we're on the ground staring at the ceiling but what if we were outside on the grounds looking at the sky. And I was with my future partner."

Harry hummed. "That'd be cool," he said quietly and continued to look at her.

Y/N didn't look at him and continued to take in the common room as she laid down — on the floor.

Harry sighed, he reached over and gently led her face to look at him with his fingers. Y/N forgot how to breathe.

"Your a great teacher," said Harry.

"Thank's Harry," said Y/N, forming a smile. There was a pause. "You'll do great at the ball."

Harry grabbed a strand of her hair and twirled it over in his fingers, his eyes were focused and his lips were slightly parted. Y/N felt like she couldn't look away.

"I thought of.. someone to ask." said Harry, his fingers still playing with her hair. Y/N felt her heart race but she hummed in response. "Since the first day the Yule Ball was announced.

Y/N sat up at once, and resulted in Harry accidentally pulling her hair.

"Ouch..!" she hissed, putting a hand up to her head.

"Sorry!" said Harry, sitting up briskly. He turned pink.

"It's okay.." said Y/N waving her other hand, she tried not to wince.

"But.. back to the Yule Ball. Why haven't you asked her out yet?" said Y/N, frowning. "The Yule Ball is in two days, you know."

"I might as well as her out now." said Harry, staring at her intently.

"It's up to you really," said Y/N shrugging, she looked at the clock. "It's past curfew though. Unless you want me to go tell one of the girls to come down."

She let out a chuckle as she said the last part, she frowned and did a double take. "Blimey it's late!"

Y/N scrambled up and grabbed her bag, filled with books. She turned to face Harry to wish him a goodnight only to find his face inches from hers.

"Harry!" said Y/N, she leapt back in shock. "Don't do that!"

"Er- right, sorry about that," said Harry, he twirled his fingers. "I need to ask you something.."

"Ask any way," said Y/N.

Harry opened his mouth but then closed it, he smiled. "Come sit on the floor again."

Y/N raised her eyebrows curiously but obeyed. Harry sat down and watched as Y/N put her bag aside and laid down. He chuckled.

"Do you ever have that feeling," said Harry, Y/N stared. "That you want to tell someone how you feel but afraid that they wont like you back and you completely ruin your relationship with them..?"

Y/N felt like he had dropped a dangerous bomb, she felt her breath hitch in her throat.

"All the time," she said at last, staring up at the ceiling. "Why do you ask?"

"I'm having that problem right now."

Y/N nodded and pursed her lips, he had emphasized the word 'now.'

"Well," said Y/N clearing her throat still not looking at him."You could always wait till April first, tell them you like them and if they don't.. just tell them 'April Fools!'"

Y/N chuckled but it faded, she finally turned to look at him and Harry looked into her E/C eyes that glimmered beautifully.

"I don't want to wait till April," said Harry, he bit his lower lip. "I'm desperate to do it now."

"Desperate, hm?" Y/N hummed, she sighed and sat up.

Harry shrugged and looked at her. "I guess."

"Well then," said Y/N carefully. "Because your my best friend, I'll help. Pretend I'm her,"

She forced a small smile.

"Go on," she said.

Harry chuckled. "This isn't going to work."

"Who says it won't?" said Y/N. "Come on. Do it."

"What if I just tell you about her, and not mention any names?"

Y/N hummed. "What help would that do?"

"You'll see," he answered.

Y/N raised a brow but smiled. She felt her heart beat pick up when he started to talk.

"Well... I've liked her for a while now..Oh who am I kidding, I've liked her since forever. The day I met her, something changed. As if I finally had a purpose beside the fact that I had found out I was a wizard. I was a kid, and when I saw her I knew I liked her. I had never had a crush before her, I didn't know what it felt like.. but that day I finally felt it and knew why people liked falling in love. Why people never left, it was like falling in love everyday.

"The way she smiles puts me in a trance, her messy hair in the morning that makes me laugh but glad she's still with me. Her laugh that can light up a whole room..that can put me in a better mood..and the way her hair flows in the breeze beautifully when were out in the grounds.

Y/N stared into the fire, mesmerized at the words that left Harry's mouth, they were enough to make anyone blush. Even her.

"-she's amazing. And.. and I don't know how long I'll be able to keep this to myself because the thought of another guy winning her heart before me, cupping her cheeks, kissing her lips.. it drives me mad because..

He looked at Y/N who stared into the fire, her eyes far away looking mesmerized.

"Y/N," said Harry softly.

Y/N blinked, she swallowed and turned to look at him. "Because...?"

Harry sighed. "Because I love you."

As soon as the final words left his mouth Harry swooped in and gently placed his lips on hers.

Y/N's eye's widened with shock, and she felt her stomach explode with butterflies at the sudden contact. Harry Potters lips were on hers. The guy she did end up falling in love with. She was about to react but the moment didn't last long with Hermione barging into the room, her bushy hair even more bushier than normal.

Harry and Y/N jumped apart before she completely entered the room. Harry's cheeks were light pink as he stared at Y/N timidly and Y/N's eyes were still far away with shock.

"Y/N I'm sorry but I will not be late because of your fault tomorrow morning — and what are you doing on the floor? Oh never mind, and Harry," she said, rounding on him who was blushing furiously. "Stop distracting Y/N, we all have class tomorrow and you have to get to bed as well, goodnight."

Y/N blinked, she stared at Harry in shock and scrambled up as Hermione came towards her, she grabbed onto her arm and started dragging her up to the dormitory before Harry hurried up and passed her her bag. She shot him a quick smile and disappeared.

"I hope you know you barged in to.. something, Hermione," said Y/N as she threw herself on the bed. "It was something you and me have been waiting for.."

"Well, I'm sorry Y/N but I'm not going to let him influence you. Tell me tomorrow, okay?" said Hermione, she sighed as she pulled the covers over her. "Goodnight Y/N,"

"Goodnight."

Hermione was normally grumpy when she's awoken at night, and Y/N didn't hold anything against her for it.

She walked into the bathroom and walked out a couple minutes later. She sighed and tucked into the covers, staring at the ceiling for a while.

"Because I love you." he had said.

Y/N pondered for a while, in the end he was talking to her. Well supposedly, but she still felt herself blush and pull the covers over her face.

***

Early the next morning, Y/N and Hermione went down for breakfast and sat down next to Ginny.

"Morning ladies," the ginger said.

"Morning Gin." The girls replied.

Y/N sat down and sighed, looking at all the food which seemed to still be hot from the oven.

She grabbed a plate and served herself a few pancakes with bacon and a few fruits.

"Are you sure you're going to eat all that?" said Hermione, looking at her best friend.

"Leave the girl alone Hermione," Ginny laughed. "She seems to be in a good mood."

Hermione turned to face Y/N who was already starting to eat a strawberry.

"Good mood, hm?" Hermione hummed, smiling. "We've got to talk later."

Y/N'a cheeks flushed. "Yeah yeah."

"Y/N."

Y/N turned around and saw Harry standing in front of her, his raven hair messy as usual with bright pink cheeks.

"Morning Harry," said Y/N, feeling herself grow hot.

"Can I er— talk to you?" He looked at Ginny and Hermione. "Alone?"

Y/N nodded, "take care of my food, will you?"

The girls nodded and started chatting rapidly. Y/N turned back, grabbed a strawberry and followed Harry out of the great hall and into an empty classroom nearby.

"How has your morning been," Harry asked.

Y/N stared at him but let out a chuckle. "Good, actually. What about yours?"

"Great," Harry grinned.

There was a moment of silence before Harry opened his mouth to speak.

"About yesterday," Harry started, Y/N looked at him intently.

"I- I didn't mean to.. I.. you told me it was practice and that's exactly what I was doing. I just got carried away."

Y/N swallowed her strawberry, she cleared her throat and slight furrowed her eyebrows. "What?"

"I didn't mean for it to go that way," Harry rambled on nervously. "I just couldn't keep it to myself anymore and I got carried away by that. It was all just practice, like you told me. I'm sorry."

Y/N felt like she had been punched in the stomach. "Practice.. yeah. It's fine Harry, you got carried away."

"I'm so glad you understand." Harry said, smiling.

Y/N nodded. "Well then, I'll be heading to breakfast now. Best of luck asking her out Harry."

Harry who had been scratching his neck, looked up at her confused but she had already left.

***

That afternoon, Y/N sat on an armchair near the fire as she flipped through the pages of books.

"'It was just practice,'" Y/N scoffed. "He made me look like an idiot fan-girling over him."

The portrait hole swung open and Y/N resisted looking in case she saw Harry.

"Its alright, Ron," came Ginny's voice softly. "Its alright, take a seat."

Y/N turned around and saw Ginny come in with Ron through the portrait hole. She calmly helped him on an armchair.

"Whats going on?" Y/N asked as she leapt off her chair.

"Why did I do it..." said Ron, he took a big inhale. "I don't know what made me do it.."

The portrait of the common room swung open and Harry walked in slightly smiling, but his eyes told different, there was confusion in them. He took sight of Ron, and Y/N looked away.

"Whats up, Ron?"

"He- er, just asked Fleur Delacour to go to the ball with him," said Ginny, staring at her brother carefully.

"You what?!" said Y/N, looking up at him and no longer caring whether she looked at Harry.

"I don't know what made me do it!" Ron gasped. "What was I playing at? People were around! I was mad, people watching...I was walking past her in the entrance hall...she was talking to Diggory...and then I asked her!"

Ron groaned and put his face in his hands. "She looked at me like I was a sea slug! And then...I ran for it!"

Y/N pictured the scene, Ginny seemed to know what was going on in her head, they exchanged looks and quickly looked away to stop laughing.

"She's part Veela," said Harry, looking struck. "You were right, her grandmother was one."

"This is mad," said Ron looking up. "Were the only one's without dates!"

"That's - that's not entirely true," he said, he looked down at the floor. Y/N bit her bottom lip.

"What?" said Ron, his eye's widening. "Who are you going with?"

Harry looked at Y/N who gave him a weak smile and looked away. He then faced Ron. "Er- Cho.."

"Took you long enough!" said Y/N, Ginny looked horrified. "Surprised the girl doesn't have a date yet.."

Harry gave a slight smilie. "Yeah.. I guess."

She got up and cleared her throat. "I'm going outside."

Ginny looked at her, her face filled with sorrow.

The portrait door opened and she swore she heard Ginny start speaking angrily. The portrait had closed and Y/N walked down onto the snowy grounds with only a sweater on, she finally stopped in front of the lake, and slowly sat down.

She stared ahead for a while, trying to comprehend what had just happened.

A group of veela's sat near Y/N, in many fashionable coats. One of them took notice of Y/N and spoke with her friends, she got up and made her way over.

"'ello," she said kindly. "Can I sit down?"

"Yes, of course," said Y/N.

"Oh! Well you are ze Y/N, yes?"

"Yeah, that's me," said Y/N, she smiled and turned to face her. It was the pretty Veela she has been watching.

"I'm Fleur,"

Fleur held out a hand.

"Y/N,"

They shook hands and let out small chuckles.

"Y/N," said Fleur, sighing dreamily. "I 'ave always liked that name, what are you doing out in thee cold?"

"I wanted to get — fresh air."

"Out in thees cold?"

"Its not that cold," Y/N lied, her hands were going numb. "I mean.. kind of but I could manage."

Fleur unwrapped her scarf and put it around Y/N's neck. She also took off her gloves.

"Thanks," Y/N smiled as she put them on. Luckily she had some pants and a warm sweater.

"Do not mention it," Fleur waved a hand. "I watched as you walked out of the entrance, you looked upset, what is bothering you Y/N?"

"Er-" Y/N swallowed. "It's.. nothing."

"You seemed in a hurry, you just had a sweater."

Y/N sighed and looked out onto the frozen lake, she pulled her hood over her face.

"Wasn't the smartest decision." she chuckled. Fleur chuckled too.

"Do you have a date?" she asked.

Y/N shook her head.

"Well, I would have thought 'Arry would have asked you," said Fleur.

"Why do you —"

"I 'ave seen," said Fleur, smiling at her. "You both would make the best couple."

Y/N gave a slight smile. "I don't know," she sighed. "My friends tell me the same thing it's just that —"

"You're afraid of ruining the friendship."

"Yes and — "

There was a pause, Y/N pursed her lips and turned to look at Fleur once more.

"Go on, tell me." she said warmly. "I have all afternoon."

Y/N smiled and told her everything that happened the night before and today, and by the end of it Fleur had a lot of emotions running.

"But how could he!" said Fleur angrily. "He kissed you and then go and ask's another girl to thee ball?"

"The kiss didn't mean anything.." said Y/N. "He was just practicing.. he told me himself."

"No, no. I doubt it," said Fleur, clicking her tongue. "If it were, what's that girl's name?"

"Cho."

"Cho, 'as he known Cho for a while now?"

"He met her in third year,"'

"So that'd be last year?"

"Yes," said Y/N, she drew an infinity sign on the thick layer of snow.

"And he said 'e as liked her since forever?"

Y/N nodded.

"But that is just a short period of time!" said Fleur. "And you and 'arry have been friends since —?"

"First year," Y/N let out a small chuckle.

"There you have it!" said Fleur.

"But — if he wanted to ask me out then he should've!" said Y/N desperately. "He was.. giving hints but never got a move on. Merilin are they indirect. And then he tells me he was practicing. I mean, do you want me or not?"

"Maybe he thought you didn't want to go with him." Fleur suggested and Y/N turned to face her.

"That's ridiculous! Of course I wanted to go with him."

"But.. by ze looks of it. It's as if you were pushing heem away. You didn't even kiss him back."

"I just.." Y/N sighed. "I was utterly shocked and.. if this leads to something else and then I don't know something happens and we're not friends anymore.. it would destroy me!"

"Sometimez you've got to give stuff a try, think of the prezent."

"You're right." said Y/N, sitting up straight. "Thanks Fleur, I'll see you later."

Fleur chuckled. "Of course, goodbye Y/N."

"Bye Fleur," Y/N waved and made her way up the steps of the marble castle.

Y/N climbed up the steps and happened to bump into Harry, she gave a weak smile.

"Y/N!" said Harry, he looked relieved. "I was looking everywhere for you, where were you?"

"I was out on the grounds," said Y/N, her voice slightly trembled. Harry brushed some snow off her hair softly.

"In this cold weather?"

"Its alright." Y/N shrugged, Harry stared at her and let out a small chuckle.

"Look at your face," he said, he cupped her face gently and Y/N blushed. "Your cheeks are cold, so is your nose. Come on, let's get back to the common room."

Y/N nodded briskly and shook off his grip, she blushed furiously and walked up the steps quickly, she entered the common room and sat near the fire, the warmth coming into her body once more.

She took off her gloves and held them near the fire.

"Your hand's are freezing," said Harry brushing past her fingers.

"Well my hands aren't supposed to be warm, are they?"

The tone turned out to be much ruder than what Y/N thought.

"No.." said Harry slowly. "What's wrong..?"

Y/N resisted the urge to roll her eyes, they really were clueless.

"Nothing," said Y/N finally, she smiled at him. "I need to go talk to Hermione. Goodbye."

She got up and Harry stared after her, confused.

The door of the dormitory was pushed open and Y/N was greeted with Hermione on her bed, reading.

She looked up, "Oh Y/N! There you are, someone sent you a package."

"A Package?" said Y/N, she took off Fleur's scarf and leaned over to get a better look.

"Dad."

Y/N tucked the scarf into her trunk and opened the package, Hermione watched curiously.

The first thing Y/N saw was a letter, she unfolded it and read.

Dear Y/N,

Hello, I'm back to annoy you-

Y/N laughed.

- I've heard that the Yule Ball is taking place this year at Hogwarts, so I present you an early Christmas present. I won't tell you what it is, but this was something your mother wore when she was younger, and now I'm passing it on to you, I'm sure thats what she would have wanted. I hope you don't have a date.

Joseph, aka Dad in case you forgot.

Y/N smiled, she already missed her father, Hermione had shut her book and sat down on Y/N's bed.

She peeked curiously inside and gasped,

"Oh, this is gorgeous!" said Hermione as she carefully took out the dress.

"What?" said Y/N vaguely, she was re-reading the letter.

"Put that letter down and look!" said Hermione as she placed the dress carefully on the bed.

Y/N looked up a fraction of an inch and gasped, her head snapping all the way up.

"Merilin's beard!" said Y/N as she placed the letter carefully on her nightstand and sat next to Hermione. "Its perfect! It's (short or long) and it's a perfect shade of (color of choice) oh it's beautiful.. mum had great style."

"Everyone is going to be falling for you." Hermione giggled, Y/N rolled her eyes teasingly.

"How many guys have asked you out in the past week?" said Hermione at once.

"None," Y/N lied.

"Don't you play stupid with me," said Hermione firmly. "Your gorgeous who wouldn't want to go to the ball with you."

Y/N blew her a kiss and Hermione giggled, "Thanks Mione," she hesitated. "Just - just two guys have asked me.."

Hermione shot her a dangerous look meaning 'I know your lying!'

"Fine!" Y/N huffed. "Fine maybe about five guys..."

Hermione grinned. "Are they french?" she wiggled her eyebrows.

"Yes, they are," said Y/N, laughing. "Some are from Durmstrang,"

"And you rejected them?" said Hermione.

"Politely!" said Y/N quickly.

"I thought you liked French guys!"

"I do!" said Y/N. "But its not bad to have different types, right?"

"Did you reject them for Harry?" said Hermione slowly.

Y/N scoffed. "No. I didn't just reject some five guys because I was desperately waiting for Harry. I took one good look at them and they don't seem great. I mean, I'm going to have them around all evening aren't I?"

Hermione grinned. "I like that."

Y/N winked.

"What happened yesterday anyways?" Hermione continued. "That I ruined something you and me were waiting for?"

"Oh that," said Y/N bitterly. "Its nothing, doesn't matter anymore.."

"Tell me," said Hermione calmly. "Come on, I'm your best friend."

Y/N smiled at her knowingly and she told her everything that went down between Harry and her, by the end of it Hermione's mouth was parted.

"Oh Y/N.." said Hermione sadly. "I know how much you wanted to go with Harry to the ball.."

Y/N sighed. "I guess so.. but hey! We can always go alone! Hang out for the whole evening!"

She grinned and Hermione laughed.

"He really did make me look like an idiot, fan-girling over him." she muttered. "He was giving me hints too..that he wanted to ask me. He just never got a move on. I was going to ask him myself after last night.. just in case he was a bit shy but after our talk and he confessed it was practice I let go of that."

Hermione was silent for a minute, frowning thoughtfully. Finally, she spoke.

"It doesn't make sense," she said at last, Y/N looked up. "I mean, in the end he was talking to you."

"Yes," said Y/N, confused. "But I told you, he said he got carried away."

"How do you get so carried away that in the end you are talking to the person directly about someone else. And.. the kiss. How do you get that carried away."

Y/N thought about it for a moment. "I.. don't know. It's not like he just casually imagined someone else, right?"

"He's not like that, at all." said Hermione. "Harry would be cursed if he imagined you as someone else."

"Okay..let's say if what you're saying is true, it just doesn't add up with our talk today."

"What exactly did he tell you again?"

"Practice, practice, practice. He didn't mean to get carried away and he didn't want it like this."

Hermione shook her head disapprovingly. "Honestly I don't understand boys."

"Me neither," said Y/N. "Not only are they confusing but clueless! I mean, look at Ron!"

"Don't even mention him." said Hermione. "He's hopeless. I might as well ask him the next time there's an event going on."

Y/N chuckled, and slowly her eyes lit up and she smiled. "You know what, we should do it together."

"What do you mean?" Hermione asked.

"I mean, we both didn't get asked out by the people we wanted to go with so next time there's this nice event we'll ask them. Or else they'll never ask us!"

Hermione chuckled and raised a brow. "You'd probably already be together with Harry when that happens."

Y/N blushed. "I'll still ask him. Who knows, you may be with Ron too."

Hermione turned a light shade of pink. "I doubt it.. but I will try and ask him."

Y/N grinned, and there was a moment of silence before Hermione grinned excitedly.

"I didn't tell you did I?"

"Tell me what?" said Y/N who had started to get off the bed.

"Viktor Krum asked me to the ball!"

"WHAT?"

Y/N looked awe-struck. "Mione! Since when!"

"Today in the morning!"

"And you didn't tell me?" said Y/N, looking offended.

"I was but I couldn't find you." said Hermione defensively.

Y/N shrugged and grinned. "At least one of us has a date."

Hermione smiled. "If only I wouldn't have a date we'd have so much fun together. I'd even ask you out."

She winked and Y/N put a hand over her heart dramatically, the girls burst into fits of giggles.

"Don't stress," Y/N waved a hand. "I'm sure I'll have fun too."

"I was really hoping Harry would have asked you to the ball."

Y/N took in a deep breath and shrugged. "I was too, even after what had happened last night."

"I bet he took advantage of the situation," Hermione wiggled her eyebrows. "He's probably been dying to kiss you and he finally had gotten a 'brilliant!' idea on how to finally do it."

Y/N blushed furiously. "If that's the case then.. he's good."

A/N~ Well this is.. IM SO SORRY. Looks like im back to my usual routine but that's because I've returned to school 😞 Luckily I have written the next chapter and just have to edit it. Hopefully it'll be out next week and if not sooner. LOVE U ALL, thank you for being so patient <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 49 10
DISCONTINUED "Hi, Do you mind if I sit here? if it's not full ---. Oh! Hey Ron." Ron looked at Harry if he was okay, Harry nodded. " Hey Y/n. Sure, c...
20.7K 480 24
You are a slytherin...well for your first 5 years at Hogwarts at least...a love story between you and Ron Weasley! Some drama goes down between you...
189K 4.3K 40
Okay, you have no IDEA how much time it took me to try and make up a title or write a description. Please, before reading this description, note that...
121K 2.4K 61
"SNOW, SNOW WAIT! Please, you know I love you. You feel it too, you told me!" His eyes had a pleading look to it. His hand grabbed my arm and put it...