Have you seen the Sheriff?

By VladimirVampier

The Sheriff of Tumble Town has gone missing! Can the others find their beloved Sheriff or did Jimmy manage to... More

Chapter 1 - The missing Sheriff
Chapter 3 - fWhip, Scar & Grian, Sausage
Chapter 4 - There's the Sheriff!

Chapter 2 - Tango, Scott & Joel

430 14 29
By VladimirVampier

Before he headed to the Evermore, Tango decided to check the Ranch at the edge of Tumble Town. His heart throbbed painfully as he opened the door. He remembered Jimmy building the Ranch after the Hermits had come to the lands of Empires, proudly presenting it to his former soulmate. He remembered the sparkle in Jimmy's eyes, the smile on his face and the pure adoration that could be seen on his face.

He had been so proud. And he had done it all just for Tango. For Tango to have a home away from home. To sleep and to spend time with the Sheriff at. He felt tears well up in his eyes as he thought about how he practically abandoned Jimmy by working none stop at the Goblands. How long had it been since he last was here?

As he looked all through the Ranch, seeing everything in the same spot it had been all those days ago, he knew the answer. Too long. The only thing out of place was the photo frame on the bedside table, which had stood on a shelf nearby. Tango's heart shattered as he pictured Jimmy sitting on the bed, holding the picture inn his hands. It was a picture of the two of them, standing in the goat pen, proudly holding out their goat horns. Pearl had taken the picture and send it to both the Ranchers.

He cried quietly as he put the frame back on the bedside table. He felt like he had somehow betrayed his Rancher. Left him behind. All because he had been too preoccupied with work.

He wiped his cheeks as he made his way over to the Evermore, crossing through the Nether. He really needed to find Jimmy. He needed to know the other was okay. If anything had happened, he would never forgive himself. He would never forgive himself for not spending more time with him. Oh god- what if he never got to spend more time with Jimmy? He froze on the spot as his thoughts spiralled out of control. What if- what if- what if-

"Tango?"

A voice rang out from between the mangrove trees and for a moment the Netherborn believed his Rancher had found him. His hope got shattered as a hat as big as his own popped up from between the trees. Great Witch Shelby made her way over to him, calling out his name once more, concern on her face.

"Are you alright? Did the Fog do something to you?" she asked hurriedly, her hands wrapping around his arms and eyes scanning his body. Tango shook his head. "You were frozen in place and muttering to yourself," Shelby said, not beating around the bush.

"I'm sorry," Tango sighed," It's.... Jimmy." A knowing look crossed Shelby's face and she pulled him into a hug. "I know it doesn't feel like it right now, but it will be alright," she muttered, squeezing him tight," It's not our fault." Tango choked on a sob as her words registered in his head. "How?" he asked, wanting to ask so much more, but couldn't.

"I have been afraid to lose somebody to, to hurt them and push them away."

Tango asked no more.

As she let go of him, she offered a small smile. "Now let's go look for him," she said, determined. Tango nodded and let himself be tugged along through the forest and the Fog. They found nothing but shapes and shadows. They came across a pond, getting freaked out by a frog. They didn't cling to each other in fear, they did not.

After getting spooked for no apparent reason, searching for hours and not finding anything, they decided to head to the Witch's hut. Tango shot a message to the general chat, letting everybody know that Jimmy had not yet been found. Shelby offered him tea and a place by the fire to wait for any news on Jimmy's disappearance and he couldn't say no. he held onto the little hope he had left and Shelby's words.

"It's not your fault he's gone. He will be found and you will see him again."

-------------------------------------------------------

Two figures sat in the middle of a flower field, hand held in hand, soft smiles on their faces. A soft breeze rustled blond locks, a hand combing through it. "You know..." Jimmy murmured," I always feel so relaxed here, like all my stress just... seeps away." Scott squeezed the and in his. "Or you just like hanging out with me," he teased. Jimmy chuckled. "That too." They sat in silence once more, basking in the sunlight, content to just be.

Now Scott stood alone, facing the same flower fields. Jimmy was not there beside him. Jimmy was gone. And Scott was afraid to think about the possibility of Jimmy never returning. He shook his head as he continued looking through Chromia. After looking for the blonde in the sea of people at Town's Square, he remembered another time Jimmy had spend time at his Empire.

Scott had shown him the crystals. A cave beneath Chromia was home to colourful crystals, that fuelled a lot of the buildings, and was not open to the public. Scott had revealed to Jimmy that he had kept the others out, because he wanted it to be a calm and secluded area where he could hide away for a little.

Jimmy had given him one of those looks. The look that made Scott feel almost overwhelmed to be the recipient of so much adoration. "Why show me?" Jimmy had asked, as he entered the cave. The question was left unanswered when he took in the amazing sight before him. Once Scott had shown him every nook and cranny, he held Jimmy's face in his hands as he looked him in the eyes.

"Because I feel like you sometimes need peace and quiet too."

Jimmy had smiled so warmly at him, before he let go and they parted ways. A silent promise to the Sheriff that he was allowed to come here whenever he needed. And now, Scott hoped he had done that, as he had done some times before. But as the Emperor entered the colourful save haven, there was no sight of the Sheriff.

The cave was devoid of any human lives, sounds of his own breathing echoing around him. He usually loved the quiet, but now he despised it. For the silence meant that Jimmy wasn't there. Turning around, he didn't bother to stay. Scar's words ran through his head. Jimmy had wanted to disappear into the void and never return? He wanted to...leave?

Scott shook his head. Just disappearing into the void didn't sound like Jimmy at all. He wouldn't do that to him. But, if he didn't want to be found, where would he have gone to? Scott could think of only one place in Chromia where you could potentially disappear from sight.

The llama park.

Jimmy could be hiding among fluffy white wool for all he knew. Although highly unlikely, Scott decided to check it out anyway. But as he moved through the sea of llama's, the Sheriff nowhere to be seen, he felt like disappearing himself. He got hit with guilt and another flashback.

Jimmy had come to visit him, asked if he could hang out, but he had been to busy. Jimmy had looked at him with sad puppy eyes and Scott had snapped at him. "Some of us have an Empire to run."

He had no idea where the words came from and he regretted them as soon as they left his mouth. He wanted to take them back, but the damage had been done. Crestfallen expression on his face, Jimmy had uttered an 'okay' and left the office. He had left Chromia.

It had been the last time Scott had seen Jimmy. He felt awful. He hadn't meant to hurt Jimmy, he had been frustrated by all the work and let it out on the least deserving person. Gosh, he had been stupid. He had been too busy to see that something was up with Jimmy, not seeing how the other needed support. Scott always pried himself for being the one Jimmy came to for support, but now he felt like he had ruined that.

Had he pushed the other away? Was he to blame for Jimmy's disappearance? As the guilt grew stronger and dark thoughts overtook him, he sat down in between the llamas. One of the llama's began to chew on his pants and another tried to eat his hair. If- no, when. When they found Jimmy, he swore to apologize. He would make time and hang out as much as he could. Quiet sobs broke free as he quickly typed a message in general chat, confirming what he had feared.

Jimmy is not here.

-------------------------------------------------------

The villagers of Lower Stratos gasped and some even bowed down as their ruler God Joel landed among them. Joel ignored their stares and praises in favour of looking for Jimmy. He didn't like to admit it, but he was really worried about the other. The Sheriff just up and disappeared? That couldn't be a good sign. Especially not after what Scar said...

His loud booming voice questioned his citizens if they had seen the Sheriff of Tumble Town, but all shook their heads. No sightings yet. Joel decided to check out the library, he had heard people often came there for peace and quiet. And a good book, apparently. As he only found a clerk, slightly trembling in awe, he scoffed.

Of course, Jimmy wasn't there. Why would he even be in Stratos? He wouldn't ever want to be anywhere near Joel or his home! As he grumbled to himself, Joel flew back up to Upper Stratos. No surprises there, as he still couldn't find Jimmy anywhere. Jimmy wouldn't want to be in Stratos, let alone hide away in it. Not after all the relentless teasing he had endured.

Joel froze in his steps. Wait, had he pushed the joke to far? He had teased Jimmy, called him short, a toy, to no end. The sheriff was a good sport, handling himself well, but everybody had a breaking point. Had he pushed him past it? Had he broken Jimmy? Like a real toy, so precious to loads of others, handled too roughly.

As his feet carried him to the fountain, he thought some more about it. He had lost sight of when the joke stopped being a joke, stopped being funny. For all he knew, the wall had been the push part breaking point. The last droplet that made the bucket spill. The last straw to break the camel's back.

Maybe he should apologize. No, he should. Once they found Jimmy. Maybe he should stop the toy nonsense. He probably should. He would apologize and he would stop calling him a toy. That was, if Jimmy was ever to be found. Kind of difficult to apologize to someone who may have fallen into the void.

A sigh slipped passed his lips as he grabbed his communicator. Taking a moment to look at the messages, stating that Jimmy was still nowhere to be found, he typed his own. As he sat by the fountain, where his origin began, he thought about how he only now realised how much he valued Jimmy. Now that he was gone.

He never knew how much he liked having the Sheriff around. Bad attention was still attention, right? But now he'd rather have good attention. Maybe if he was a better man, the sheriff would look at him with adoration in his eyes, instead of annoyance. Maybe if he changed for the better, he would be worthy.

Worthy of Jimmy's love.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2K 294 21
Hey this book is a sequel to Error. Please read that first! WARNING: includes death, mentions of self harm, abuse, and cursing. Feel free to click of...
7.8K 258 16
COVER ART BY NIKIII ON PINTEREST. a story based on alot of different smp things jimmy has done including last life,3rd life, empires. jimmy who is...
20.5K 641 21
Grian had spent his whole life running. Running away from Evo. Running away from YandereHigh. Running away from Sam. He was sick of it. So when he fi...
14.2K 682 36
When the arena becomes real... like life and death real... As Pearl gradually descends into madness, Scott's faced with a choice between Pearl and Cl...