Enemies || Ryeji

By Hwanggsz

Shin Ryujin, the biggest troublemaker in the school. Hwang Yeji, a girl who likes to mess with Ryujin. They a... More

Introduction
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty one
Twenty two
Twenty three
Twenty four
Twenty five
Twenty six
Twenty seven
Twenty eight

Nine

717 25 10
By Hwanggsz

"Not to mention Yeji, but, her friend Dahyun came up to me earlier." Momo said, as she threw the ball in the hoop. They had already finished lunch and now playing some basketball.

"And?" Changbin asked as he bounced the ball, before tossing it to Yeonjun, who quickly caught it.

"She was surprisingly nice. She complimented me, she said I looked pretty. It honestly made me smile." Momo replied.

"I know what you are.." Momo looked round to see Soyeon smirking.

Momo walked over to her and hit her arm, making her laugh.

"Shut up, i am not gay." Momo hissed angrily and annoyed.

Ryujin watched all her idiotic friends, but couldn't help to smile.

Suddenly Yeonjun approached her, so she turned to him.

"You okay Jun?" She asked.

"Yup. I just wanted to ask, up for beer and snacks in Jeongyeon's room again?" Yeonjun asked.

Ryujin smirked "you know me too well."

And they both chuckle.

They continued playing basketball happily, before it was the end of lunch and they all separated back to their rooms.

Ryujin walked down the hall, saying bye to her remaining friends as they walk ahead of her. She stopped outside her room, just meters away, and widened her eyes seeing Beomgyu there.

Beomgyu noticed her, facing his body towards her and smiled.

"You roommates with Yeji?" He asked.

Ryujin gulped and slowly nodded "why?"

"No reason. I'm currently waiting for her." Beomgyu asked.

"Why? Where you going?"

"Just for a walk in the forest. Apparently she's getting changed into other clothes. So I'm waiting." Beomgyu smiled happily.

Ryujin rolled her eyes, walking over to him before she nudged into him and entered the room, slamming the door behind her. She flopped down on her bed, the same time the bathroom door opened and Yeji walked out. She walked over to the bedside table to grab her phone off charge and that's the same time Ryujin smelt her perfume. It smelt like strawberries and raspberries, it smelt nice.

"Where are you going?" Ryujin asked. Yeji gave her a death glare.

"Um, why do you care so much? It's literally none of your business. I'm not your pet or anything." She said as she went to walk but Ryujin stood up and grabbed her, pulling her back by force.

"I didn't say you were my pet, did I? I just wanted to ask where your going, is it too much to answer."

Yeji pushed herself away.

"It's just, lately you seem to care more. Like why do you care?" Yeji frowned.

Ryujin gulped, she looked away.

Why do I care so much?

She looked back up but Yeji was already gone, the door slamming behind her. Ryujin let out an annoyed sigh before she decided to take a nap.

By the time Ryujin woke up from her nap it was already 6:30 pm. When she first went to sleep it was 4:50 pm.

She got up, yawning and stretching wide as she put both hands through her hair, it was still quite bright and hot outside, Yeji nowhere to be seen inside the room.

Ryujin changed into some different and more better clothes, also re brushing her hair and re brushing her teeth, yes she did all that this morning, but she wants to do it again. She splashed some water on her face before she grabbed her phone, tied her shoes on, and left. When she opened the door to step out, she banged into Yeji.

Why is this girl everywhere?

"Watch it." Ryujin hissed.

"Where are you going?" Yeji asked, curiously.

Ryujin scoffed, making her confused.

"Now you ask. You told me, when I asked you, why I cared so much. So why do you care?" Ryujin asked. It was silent, Yeji just stared deeply into her eyes and gave her a silent answer.

"Exactly." She said before she walked away. Yeji watched her walk down the hall, before she stormed into her room and slammed the door behind her.

9:11 pm

Ryujin wasn't drunk, for sure, this was only her second bottle and she's halfway down. Meanwhile, Yeonjun, Changbin, Momo and Soyeon were drunk.

Ryujin watched her friends arguing and then laughing afterwards, when she felt someone sit on the bed next to her. She looked round and smiled seeing Jeongyeon. Her childhood friend and closest friend.

"We're the only sober ones." Jeongyeon said.

"Mmm." Ryujin hummed and nodded.

"What's it like being Hwang Yeji's roommate?" Jeongyeon asked before she took a sip of beer.

"Tough. Tiring. She's such a bitch and she's sooo annoying." Ryujin said, also taking a sip of her beer.

"Listen, I'm not trying to take sides, and I'm not friends with her or anything. But, why don't you at least try being nice to her and being her friend?" Jeongyeon asked.

Ryujin scoffed and shook her head, closing her eyes and leaning her head back against the wall "no way. She's even more annoying when your with her. Why are you asking me to be friends with her, didn't we always talk shit about her, together." Ryujin looked up at her.

"Yeah, I know, it was just a suggestion. Make friends instead of enemies—"

"Yeah, but, we've been enemies for as long as I can remember. She's a dick." Ryujin interrupted.

Jeongyeon didn't reply and they remained silent.

About half an hour passed before they hid all the beer and tidied up. They all left, saying bye to Jeongyeon and Momo, before they left, quietly.

Ryujin sneaked down the hall, opening the door to her room and closing it behind her once she's inside. She took her jacket off, throwing it in her suitcase. She was too tired, so she slipped her shoes off and just decided to sleep in her jeans and white T-shirt.

She put her phone on charge as she quietly got under the covers to go to sleep. In the pitch black room.

After a while, she nearly felt herself going to sleep but it got interrupted.

The noise of thunder and lighting. But it must be close since it was pretty loud.

She groaned, wanting to sleep but the thunder was disturbing her. Then she heard a voice, a scared voice.

"I hate thunder.." she heard Yeji's quiet voice.

Silence.

"Why are you still awake?" Ryujin asked.

"I couldn't sleep. While you were out, the thunder started. But it wasn't as loud as now, and... I-I despise the thunder." She said, gulping "it scares me."

She heard Ryujin laugh which made her go red of embarrassment.

"Thunder, scaring the Hwang Yeji? Don't worry. It's normal." Ryujin said. Yeji then calmed down a bit, no longer embarrassed. Well, maybe a little bit.

It was silent, suddenly the thunder crackled again and Yeji gulped, making a little squeak sound too.

"This is gonna be really stupid and embarrassing to ask but.." Yeji took a deep breath in and out "can i sleep with you?"

Ryujin felt her heart beat fast and her cheeks burn.

Why? Why am I suddenly feeling like this? She asked herself, confused.

"Ryujin?"

"Uhhh..I-I guess." She said nervously.

She then heard movement, she heard Yeji get out bed, walk over to her bed, before she felt the cover lift up and someone slip beside her. Yeji then scooted closer and buried her head into Ryujin's chest. Ryujin didn't know what to do, as she was having a full on panic attack, so she just slowly put her arms round Yeji and rested her chin on her head.

Suddenly she spoke "why is your heart beating so fast?"

That made Ryujin go red, and her heart race even faster.

"I... don't know. To be honest." She said, before she closed her eyes.

The noise of the thunder and lighting crackled again, and the rain was loud against the roof, which made Yeji move her body a bit more closer, and their bodies were touching. Ryujin hugged her tighter, not even aware that she's smiling.

"Thank you... ryujin.." Yeji said, tiredly, as she yawned afterwards.

"Don't mention it."

And with that they fell asleep.

Ryujin remembered what happened last night, but for some reason, she didn't want to remember it.

It's currently the next morning, she's eating breakfast with her friends.

When she woke up, Yeji had already disappeared from the room. And Ryujin doesn't see her anywhere in the canteen.

She sighed, sitting back in her chair as she tiredly ate some of her breakfast.

She didn't bother to tell her friends. She knew she still strongly despises Yeji. Right?

"Ryujin, what is up? You seem tired and... I don't know.. something is bothering you for sure." Soyeon pointed it out, all of her friends attention was on her.

She gulped, wiping the side of her lip with her thumb as she sat up straighter.

"I don't know.. I'm just tired." She then looked up at her friends and faked a smile "I'm fine, nothings bothering me. I just didn't get much sleep that's all.."

"If you say so." Changbin sighed. Her friends continued to eat and chat. As Ryujin continued to stay silent.

It was now activity one. Ryujin walked over to her group. And she spotted Yeji, talking and laughing with her friends.

Why is she so beauti— Ryujin, snap out of it.

She wanted to slap herself for thinking that.

She flinched when she felt a heavy hand placed on her shoulder. She gulped loudly, looking round to see Jeongyeon. She faked a smile.

"You okay?"

"Ryujin, you can drop the fake smile."

"What do you mean?"

Jeongyeon sighed, turning Ryujin so their bodies are facing each other.

"I'm your childhood friends, bestest and closest friend, don't forget. I know everything about you, and you know everything about me. Didn't we promise not to keep secrets from each other?" Jeongyeon reminded.

Ryu looked at her confused "yeah, I remember, but what secrets am I hiding?"

"I can tell when your not okay, I can tell when you lie, I can tell when you fake smiles." Jeongyeon said. Thank god it was just them two.

Ryujin dropped her smile.

"Okay, I'll tell you what's bothering me. Promise to not tease me about it and promise to not tell anyone else, not even the others." Ryujin said, putting her pinky out.

"Promise." Jeongyeon locked pinkies with her.

They still do pinky promises, since it was a thing they did ever since they first met, so they like to do it.

Ryujin told her. About her sleeping next to Yeji last night because of the thunder.

"As in... Hwang Yeji?"

Ryujin nodded "duh. She's the only Yeji."

"Your enemy?"

"Yes, Jeongyeon." Ryujin nodded.

"Damn. Why's it bothering you tho?" She asked, as they started to walk towards their other friends.

"I don't know, that's the thing." Ryujin shrugged.

Yeji and Ryujin managed to avoid, ignore, and keep a distance from each other, for the two activities they just done. It's now the third activity, each activity takes an hour, so this is the last activity before lunch.

It was on a beach, and apparently you have to find hidden treasure. Ryujin found that babyish but she didn't mention anything. She walked along the beach, along with her group, the staff member was talking to them while leading them. They soon stopped, the lady turning to them with a smile.

"This is a partner group, so you can pick your partners." She said. Everyone walked to their partners with a smile.

Jeongyeon turned to Ryujin, she went to open her mouth but before she could ask, someone grabbed Jeongyeon's arm.

"Can we be partners I beg Jeongyeon please. Or me and Ryujin, I don't mind, I dont wanna be partnered with anyone else. Soyeon, Lia, Yuna and Chaeryeong already have partners." Momo begged.

"It's fine, you and Jeongyeon can be partners." Ryujin smiled.

"Okay.. if your sure."

"Thank you Ryujin." Momo thanked, dragging Jeongyeon away.

Ryujin dropped her smile and sighed, she looked round and tried to look for someone else. She realised there was no one else.

But then she widened her eyes when her eyes landed on Yeji, who also had no one.

Of course... I have to be stuck with her.

She took a deep shaky breath before she slowly made her way over to Yeji, the long brunette haired girl realised as she turned to the short haired girl.

"Ryujin?"

"Your the only person left. We're gonna have to be partners."

Yeji groaned and threw her head back annoyed.

Ryu frowned and grit her teeth "I was trying to be nice." She spat "don't forget I let you sleep next to me when you were scared of the thunder." She said before she walked away.

Yeji gulped, remembering that night.

She shook it out her head before she quickly followed.

I hate this story so far. I wanna delete it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.1K 396 11
"Ryeji" one of the strongest ships in itzy. What will happen when Yeji finds out Ryujin is part of the dark side of kpop? Will she join or kicked her...
100K 4.1K 18
Ryujin was completely head over heels for Hwang Yeji. Unfortunately, Yeji never noticed her throughout high school. Or, so she thought. Ryujin thoug...
55.3K 1.5K 8
(G!P) Ryujin is Yeji's new bodyguard. They can't stand each other. And then they do. [enemies to friends to lovers] *short story* - G!P RYUJIN *matur...
30.8K 1K 20
University student Hwang Yeji finds herself in a fake relationship with rising Kpop soloist - Shin Ryujin. One problem? Yeji and Ryujin are exes. Ry...