STRAIGHT ESCAPE.

By scarlettluvr

While Natasha Romanoff believed the person she's become is a reflection of her awfulness, struggling to make... More

Straight Escape
Prettier Than Poison
Unless You Say You're Sorry
Birds Whisper
Freak Show
Two Sapphires

Something To Believe In

989 42 35
By scarlettluvr

ебаная сука (fucking bitch).

This had to be the thing Natasha heard the most in the past 30 minutes.

Guess anger was something that happened when someone got dragged out of their home. If we can even call that a home.

"СУКА ! Get off !" Natasha let out a sigh and turned to look at Steve who was struggling to keep the little girl still. Why was he even trying ?

His face and hands were red from the numerous scratches she'd inflicted him ever since her eyes met him, but he didn't seem defeated at all. Even worse, he looked more determined than he was 30 minutes ago.

This isn't going to end well.

"Come on kid, I just asked for your name. Can you tell me ?"

The little girl suddenly stopped kicking and just stood there, staring at Steve with pure hatred. Natasha gave her friend a knowing look, he really needed to stop trying for now or else the kid would just snap his neck in half.

She might look thin and small but Natasha could see in the kid's eyes and behaviour that she was capable of putting an end to Steve's life more easily that they'd think.

_______

3 hours.

That's what it took for the vehicle to fly all the way back to its destination. That's also the amount of time the stupid Captain America used to ask questions after questions.

She did not answer to any single one. No more sound came out of her mouth ever since he asked her for her name.

This asshole won't get any information. He doesn't deserve shit.

He's bad. And she's..

The little girl looked up at Natasha with just as much hatred. The redhead didn't even seem to care, too absorbed in some book.

She was acting like she didn't fucking kill what once was her home. What was still Paige's home.

Captain America's annoying voice sounded like actual torture to her ears. If only she could snap that neck of his. She had one mission and he made her fail.

She fucking failed.

Again.

Fucking failure.

If there was anything Paige hated the most, it was failure. The thing is that she experienced it all the time.

Whatever she did, it would never be enough. She's always seen the red room as her home, it was her home. She would do anything for Madame B to stroke her cheek and tell her how proud she was.

It's bittersweet to think that most of the time, the stroke felt more like a slap than anything. But Paige liked it, it meant that she was seen. One day she would make her mentor proud, even prouder than she was of Marta.

That little attention seeker, always crawling behind Madame B's shoes like a pleading animal.

"For the last time, what is your name ?"

One look to the determined man in front of her and the little girl's anger grew bigger inside of her already hurting body.

The agents didn't miss her. She really felt and most likely looked messed up. Her arms and legs were sore and a burning feeling emanated from her wounds. Her right cheek felt like it was about to set on fire.

Lucky for her -or not-, the redhead finally shut the annoying man up and after what seemed to be forever, only the sound of the vehicle landing broke the silence.

"Let's go." The woman spoke for the first time in 3 hours, and it caused a shiver to run down Paige's spin.

Yeah. No doubt.

That was Natasha fucking Romanoff.

She looked down at the little girl and offered her a hand to help her get off. One look up at the ex widow and she understood that her help was all but appreciated.

They finally got out of what looked like some kind of helicopter but not at all at the same time. Whatever. The moment Paige made her first step outside, she froze.

Natasha seemed to notice this and she turned to the blonde.

"You okay there?" No answer. Just a glare. Natasha sighed and walked to her. "Whatever's up with you, we got to go now."

She reached to take the girl's hand and that's when she snapped.

When Paige decided to attack Natasha Romanoff in the hope of getting away, there are a few things she forgot to take in consideration.

The first one being that unlike her, the redhead was one of the best during her time in the red room. In other words, she had no chance.

The second thing would be the fact that they were standing on what looked like the roof of something about more than 30 stories high.

Now seemed like a bad time to remember that Paige was absolutely.

Afraid.

Of heights.

Only a whine came out of Paige's mouth as her legs gave up on her, she was still fighting against Natasha's firm grip.

So fucking pathetic.

Natasha sighed again. She leaned over and grabbed Paige like some kind of weightless doll. The little girl didn't even try to fight it and squeezed her eyes shut.

Madame B would slap hard if she saw that, thank god she couldn't fly.

As the trio entered the building, Paige looked around her hysterically in the hope of finding for any way out, sticking her nails in Natasha's skin.

The plan was easy; kill them all and escape that shitty place. The way back to Russia would be considered later, hopefully Madame B would care enough to send someone to look after her when the Avengers' deaths will appear on the news.

For now though, nothing but stairs and huge windows, it's like this place was never ending.

After another 5 floors worth of walking down the stairs, they reached what somewhat looked like a big hall with windows everywhere, offices and a large meeting room. She examined the names written on the wooden nameplates, Captain America seemed like he was leading them towards "Agent Fury, Director of S.H.I.E.L.D"'s office.

Of course Paige deserved the highest person here to take care of her.

She closed her eyes and her nails went deeper in Natasha's skin, she barely groaned but it was enough to make Paige smile.

Take that Romanoff.

"Come in" a serious voice, muffled by the wall, came out of the office.

The sound of the door opening told Paige that they were coming in. She felt herself moving again in Natasha's grip.

She tightened her grasp on Natasha's shoulder.

Her eyes were still closed.

"Good morning Fury."

"Morning Rogers." The man spoke again.
"What was the issue you were referring to earlier ?"

Natasha moved closer to the unidentified man. He must have noticed Paige in her arms because he spoke again.

"Where's she from ?" Natasha just shrugged and Captain America answered for her.

Gosh she didn't miss his voice.

"She hasn't talked ever since we found her. I don't think she speaks english, she was yelling these.."

He might've turned around to seek help from Natasha because she spoke for him.

"Russian."

"Right..." Paige could feel Fury's gaze on her through closed eyes. "I think we'll need to get Hill for that."

"I don't think having more people confronting her will help the kid talk." Natasha said hesitantly. She didn't seem thrilled by this idea. 

I won't fucking talk either way.

Paige sighed in annoyance. Silence filled the room for a few seconds before Fury talked again.

"Care to tell us who you are ?"

Eyes were still closed.

Mouth too.

"Name ? Where are you from ?"

She didn't move.

Shut up.

"Come on kid you know you're gonna have to talk at some point."

Shut up. Shut up.

Her grasp on Natasha's shoulders tightened and she clenched her jaw. She finally opened her eyes but no sound came out of her mouth, she just stared at Fury with hatred.

He had a patch covering one of his eyes and to distract herself, Paige imagined that she was the one who did that to him.

"You will have to be locked up if we don't know what your intentions are. You know we'll get the informations we need anyway, right ?"

Shut up.

Shutupshutupshutupshutupshutup-

Paige suddenly started wriggling away from Natasha. The surprise caused the redhead to loosen her grip for a second, which was enough for the little girl to get away and run out of the office.

Everything here was new. It was too bright and big, but she just kept running in between the agents as she looked for the way out.

She sprinted down a flight of stairs but it still didn't seem to be the lowest level of that damn building.

Agents started to look at her puzzled, the rumour had spread that some kid was running away and had to be stopped.

As she ran through more and more different corridors, Paige had to admit it: she was lost.

And everybody was looking for her now.

A man appeared on the other side of the corridor and Paige stared at him.

He was tall and looked strong, way stronger than her, his hair was brown turning grey a little bit and he stood there awkwardly. He looked at Paige like he was more afraid of her than she was of him, he looked really uncomfortable in his blue shirt.

"Hum.. Natasha ? She's here !" He yelled still quite shyly before looking back at Paige.

She stood here and glared at him without moving.

He gulped and smiled awkwardly before Natasha stormed into the corridor, causing him to sigh in relief.

"Thanks Bruce." Natasha turned to the little girl and walked slowly to her. "We're not here to hurt you, please just come with me."

She just glared back.

Natasha sighed.

"лучше в русском ?" ("Is russian better ?")

Paige shrugged. Natasha smiled faintly, that's already something. She stretched out her hand to invite the little girl to follow her.

"все в порядке." ("It's okay.")

At everyone's surprises, Paige hesitantly walked to Natasha.

"They all hate you." Her voice was so quiet that only Natasha could hear. She looked down at the small girl with confusion.

Paige didn't say anything else and just took the redhead's hand.

________

guys i hate this but hey im back :))

im so sorry i unpublished this story but it was so lame i needed to start it all over again

tell me if it doesn't make sense or anything, i must warn you english isn't my first language and i cruelly lack vocabulary 😭

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

85.5K 2.4K 38
Francesca Astor came to Love Island to find her soulmate, and once she sets her eyes on him, she's never letting go. Rob Rausch x Fem!oc #1 robertrau...
1M 33.7K 80
"π™Ύπš‘, πš•πš˜πš˜πš” 𝚊𝚝 πšπš‘πšŽπš–! πšƒπš πš˜ πš•πš’πšπšπš•πšŽ πš—πšžπš–πš‹πšŽπš› πšπš’πšŸπšŽπšœ! π™Έπš'𝚜 πš•πš’πš”πšŽ πšπš‘πšŽπš’'πš›πšŽ...πšπš˜πš™πš™πšŽπš•πšΓ€πš—πšπšŽπš›πšœ 𝚘𝚏 πšŽπšŠπšŒπš‘...
133K 7.8K 94
"Great news! Wei WuXian has died!" "Wait- WHAT?!" "But I'm still here." The juniors (Lan Sizhui, Lan Jingyi, Jin Ling, and Ouyang Zizhen) accidentall...
1.7M 99.4K 119
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...