Something To Believe In

ебаная сука (fucking bitch).

This had to be the thing Natasha heard the most in the past 30 minutes.

Guess anger was something that happened when someone got dragged out of their home. If we can even call that a home.

"СУКА ! Get off !" Natasha let out a sigh and turned to look at Steve who was struggling to keep the little girl still. Why was he even trying ?

His face and hands were red from the numerous scratches she'd inflicted him ever since her eyes met him, but he didn't seem defeated at all. Even worse, he looked more determined than he was 30 minutes ago.

This isn't going to end well.

"Come on kid, I just asked for your name. Can you tell me ?"

The little girl suddenly stopped kicking and just stood there, staring at Steve with pure hatred. Natasha gave her friend a knowing look, he really needed to stop trying for now or else the kid would just snap his neck in half.

She might look thin and small but Natasha could see in the kid's eyes and behaviour that she was capable of putting an end to Steve's life more easily that they'd think.

_______

3 hours.

That's what it took for the vehicle to fly all the way back to its destination. That's also the amount of time the stupid Captain America used to ask questions after questions.

She did not answer to any single one. No more sound came out of her mouth ever since he asked her for her name.

This asshole won't get any information. He doesn't deserve shit.

He's bad. And she's..

The little girl looked up at Natasha with just as much hatred. The redhead didn't even seem to care, too absorbed in some book.

She was acting like she didn't fucking kill what once was her home. What was still Paige's home.

Captain America's annoying voice sounded like actual torture to her ears. If only she could snap that neck of his. She had one mission and he made her fail.

She fucking failed.

Again.

Fucking failure.

If there was anything Paige hated the most, it was failure. The thing is that she experienced it all the time.

Whatever she did, it would never be enough. She's always seen the red room as her home, it was her home. She would do anything for Madame B to stroke her cheek and tell her how proud she was.

It's bittersweet to think that most of the time, the stroke felt more like a slap than anything. But Paige liked it, it meant that she was seen. One day she would make her mentor proud, even prouder than she was of Marta.

That little attention seeker, always crawling behind Madame B's shoes like a pleading animal.

"For the last time, what is your name ?"

One look to the determined man in front of her and the little girl's anger grew bigger inside of her already hurting body.

The agents didn't miss her. She really felt and most likely looked messed up. Her arms and legs were sore and a burning feeling emanated from her wounds. Her right cheek felt like it was about to set on fire.