The Man In The Cabin

By arm0da

A man living a normal, but that's when he meets an alien. More

CHAPTER: ONE
CHAPTER: TWO
CHAPTER: THREE
CHAPTER: FOUR
CHAPTER: FIVE
CHAPTER: SIX
CHAPTER: SEVEN
CHAPTER: EIGHT
CHAPTER: NINE
CHAPTER: TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER: TWELVE
CHAPTER: THIRTEEN
CHAPTER: FIFTEEN
CHAPTER: SIXTEEN
CHAPTER: SEVENTEEN

CHAPTER: FOURTEEN

105 6 4
By arm0da

She slightly, still looking embarrassed.
The alien explained to me with an embarrassed tone in her voice.

"It's a sudden reflex reaction when I feel an emotional particular response." She explained to me.
When she tried her best to explain the sudden moment, It reminded me of how a peacock reacts impulsively with its feathers.

"..." I said.

That's when I noticed her looking at me momentarily before she asked me a question that confused me.

"You not like... weirded out or anything?" She asked, her tone a bit of concern and worried.

I look at her, confused.

"No?" I said, confused by her response.

She seemed slightly relieved from my response, and her feathers from where they came out slowly started to tuck back in her blue alien reptile scales.

They were silent for a while, both drinking their coffee, and the alien girl seemed to be able to keep her purple feathers in check from the sudden reaction to the caffeine in the coffee.

Then she asked me a question that stopped me when I was about to take another sip of my coffee.

"What's your name?" She asked.

I looked at her momentarily, and she sighed, rolling her eyes.

"I thought before I left, which I assume is what you want so that we could have at least a small introduction."

I looked at her.

"Okay..." I said, setting my coffee mug on the table before the couch.

"Robert Royden," I said, looking at her with a straight face.
"Yours?" I asked.

"Kira." She said.

I looked at Kira.

Kira looked at me.

I then drew out my hand for a handshake.

"Nice to meet you, Kira," I said.

That's when I noticed her taking a moment to take my hand.
She looked from my eyes to my hand, then, after a moment, she took it.

"Nice to meet you too, Robert Royden," Kira said. She had a mellow smile on her face.

"It's just Robert," I explained.

"Okay." She said, slightly creating a little sense of humor.

I looked at her with an irritated look, and she seemed, from what I assumed was a sign of understanding, instantly changing the subject.

"Viterrian." Kira said.

"...?" I said.

"That's what I am, a Viterrian." She explained.

I looked at her for a moment.

"I thought you wanted to know what and who I was," Kira explained.

"Before I leave." She said, finishing her sentence.

I looked at her.

Then I asked her a question.
"Why do you keep using that term Terran?" I asked.

This caused Kira to need clarification.

"Don't you use that term in your kind?" She asked.

"No, we are what we call ourselves Human," I said, trying to clarify to her what my kind called ourselves and what our species was.

"Human?" She asked, still seeming confused by my clarification and explanation.

"Let me guess, your kind or whoever in the universe or galaxy told you we were Terran?" I asked, hoping my guess or my assumption was correct.

Kira looked at me for a moment, then answered my question.

"Many of my kind and other life civilizations know of your extinct and consider calling your kind Terran," Kira said, trying to explain the origin of the word Terran.

"Wait, hold on, you're saying that other aliens are out there, like in space?" I asked.

Kira looked at me for a moment before rolling her eyes.

"That's a small-minded question." She said, her tone a bit dark and blunt.

I sighed and then set my coffee cup in front of me on the coffee table in the living room.

"Forget what I said. Let me help you with your gear, and I'll take you back to where ever you came from." I said, ignoring the whole subject between me and Kira.

I was about to get up from the opposite side of the couch when I felt a firm but surprisingly gentle grasp on my forearm.

When Kira touched me, I looked at her and still noticed a childlike look on her face.

"What?" I said.

She looked at me for a moment, then let me go.

I looked at her in confusion, and she looked away before I went to the front door to haul her stuff.

She then put her coffee cup by mine on the coffee table.

And stood up and walked past me, letting her reptilian skin brush against me.

I stood in the living room momentarily before walking and ignored what had happened, but I asked myself.

"What was that all about?" I thought to myself before following Kira to grab her gear and equipment.

I unlocked the front door with two to four safety locks on the side where the original door lock was once all the kinks were unclocked.

And the door was opened to reveal another wet, cold, and cloudy morning.

I looked to see Kira's confused face, assuming she was looking at me like that because of how many locks I had in my cabin home.

"I like to take precautions," I said bluntly but casually.

Once I was outside, and so was Kira, I could grab my car key, which was back in my front pants pockets.

I went to the front yard where my Jeep was parked to have my car keys.

I went over to unlock both the front driver seat door and the tailgate so it could be easier for Kira to put her stuff in the car quickly.

Kira started to follow me as I helped her grab her equipment from the cabin and haul it into my car. It only took about 15 minutes to grab and go because of the endurance, strength, and agility.

But what never occurred to me was why she was here, even in the first place.

I was thinking of asking her, but after what I asked last time, she would think that would be another of my small-minded and primitive questions.

And that, once she leaves, I can return to my everyday life once this is over, and hopefully, I get back to work also.

"Okay, is that everything?" I asked.
I looked at Kira at the tailgate of my Jeep organizing her gear in the back.

She didn't answer me, but something popped into my head before I could ask her again.

The emergency med kit and the device that showed him how to save her, and I assumed it was still on the nightstand of my room.

I looked back to see Kira still working on her stuff in the back, so I went back inside the cabin, up the stairs to the two-story level of the House, and into the bedroom. Once inside the bedroom, I was right and could see it was still there.

Once I got the device and the med kit, I could head back down, but another question popped into my head again.

"Why did she forget it? She would have noticed if she had forgotten something. would she?" I thought.

But I somehow understood my answer while outside on the front porch.

Kira was pointing a weapon toward me.

At that moment, I was in danger, and I think I knew why she was silent for a while because she somehow plotted and ambushed me into killing me.

I said nothing, and I was ready for anything to happen.

At that moment, she spoke, and I only furrowed my brows.

"I'm sorry..." She said, but I didn't respond. The more she talked, the more I furrowed my brows in anger.

"But I can't let you know that we exist."

"Or Let you tell your world and your kind about our existence."

"..." I said.

She looked at me, and I was so confused that she looked at me like she was.

And to my surprise, she was.

I assumed she would kill me right where I stood, but something about her face showed that she didn't intend to kill me.

As if what she was doing was like a test.

But a test for what?

I noticed that her weapon was shaking and the hesitation on her face after another minute of her pointing her gun at me.

She then somehow turned off her gun and put it on her now belt waist gun holster around her waist.

This confused me, and I was about to say something. Still, I kept my mouth shut because I didn't want to take any chances of Kira surprising me by killing me anytime she wanted.

We stood apart from where we were, but I walked up to her.

"This belongs to you," I said, instantly changing the subject.

She looked down to see what I was handed to her. And to know that it was her iPhone-sized and designed wrist tablet.

She took it from my gestured grasp, and once she had her med kit and wrist tablet.

I went over to close the front door of the cabin.
Quickly grabbing another backup burner cell flip phone, stored in one of the back walls inside one of the kitchen cupboards.
After I got it, I went outside to close the front door behind m.
Once it was closed, I locked it using all of the two to four locks built into the side of the door, but once the door was locked, I went back to the car and saw Kira was at the vehicle's tailgate.

The alien looked at me, but I looked away, still running from the thought that had just happened.

"She tried to kill me." I thought.
And if she would be ready, I would be also.

But what confused me was why she suddenly did what she almost tried to do.

I went to the driver's side and inserted the keys in the ignition before closing the door beside me.

I looked through the rearview mirror that showed the back of the tailgate, and when I did, I saw that Kira was putting the med kit in the back, except for her gun.
Which looked similar to a combination between a hairdryer and a taser, all built altogether into some kind of weapon that could generate quantum thermal energy and could practically disintegrate bio and non-bio materials, but looked like a '50s or '60s phaser gun from an old vintage sci-fi space comic.

But what still concerned me was that she might use it to kill or threaten me, and I was ready.

Once the car was started, Kira came to the front of the passenger seat and got in.

She didn't even look or even look in my direction.
Neither did I.

But I asked her a blunt and straight question.

"Where are we going?" I asked.
Looking at her, but she wasn't looking at me.
It took a moment for her to answer until she spoke.

"Back to where we first met." She said, looking at me before looking away from me in the opposite direction.

"...Okay." I said.

Once I started the car, I put the car in reverse from the transmission. I slowly backed up and flipped around to drive forward, placing the vehicle's gear shift into drive.
And continued on the gravel road, which soon reached a highway road.

To be continued
Please leave any comments or feedback
Please and thank you

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

419 33 5
One man's voyage out into deep space.
13.3K 924 79
Completed! ***Book One of the Humans Are Weird Trilogy*** #1 in sci-fi romance June 2021 Humans think other humans are weird: my weird obsession, my...
92 0 4
The world has always been bent on finding out if there other life out there in space. Join Scott and the rest in this Sci_Fi novel on his everyday st...
15.1K 462 11
Explore a new world with aliens and the torturous lives of human in harmony with music. From heartbreak to pure romance, perhaps a hint of spice to h...