Luna (Lycan Series: #2)

By NatasjaSilver

❝see I've come to burn your kingdom down❞ With the threat of Orion growing bigger each day and the prophecy l... More

Prolouge
Denial
Hesitation
Reminisce
Power
Knowledge
Lost
United
Control
Hidden
Blind
Ready
Chase
Memories
Vessel
Attack
Prophecy
Q&A
Plane
Red
Sacrifice
Revival
Someone
Kathleen
Anger
Sisters
Love
Possess
EPILOGUE
LOVERS
LEGACY
Bonus Chapters + Me
B.C. #1
B.C. #2
B.C. #3
B.C. #4
Interview

Return

181K 9.7K 1.4K
By NatasjaSilver

Wow it's the 14th chapter already

Well guys it's official, I'm back! Unfortunately I didn't make my goal because I forgot that I signed up for college classes in the summer and my entire focus was on that rather than my other stories, however I did manage to get most of them pretty damn close to 10 chapters.

Without further ado, here's the next chapter (btw shit's about to go down so quick in the upcoming chapters)

~

"Oh my Goddess," we both blurted out.

Stark pushed me behind him as the hotel manager approached us with his revving chainsaw.

I climbed on the bed, "Damn, I knew there was something shady about this hotel!"

"The old woman who brought you here? She's been possessed by a demon, and so has this old man- I'm not sure if I can subdue him successfully since demons have the same amount of strength as myself when possessing another body." Stark ducked from the hotel manager's swing. "I'd kill him but that voice inside my head says you wouldn't like that."

"He's still human, just possessed!" I exclaimed, backing up even further. "Wait how did you know that the old woman drove me-" I shrieked and bobbed my head down when the hotel manager lodged his chainsaw into the painting above the bed. Stark hooked an arm around the old man's neck in attempt to settle him in unconsciousness.

"Katya, do me a favor?"

"Yeah?" I answered, my voice breaking at the sound of churning dry wall.

"Cut my wrists."

I snapped my head towards him. "Are you serious right now?"

He made an annoyed sound at the back of his throat and he tried to strangle the human. "Dead serious,"

I searched around the hotel room as Stark danced around with the old man who had a vice-like grip on his chainsaw.

"What if I can't find anything sharp to cut you?" I called out from the bathroom.

He chuckled low, "I didn't want to get kinky this early, but we've got no choice."

I came out of the bathroom and witnessed Stark just barely holding down the old man, his figure blurring slightly as he dodged the chainsaw. He held out an arm, exposing his inner wrist. "Bite hard, babe."

I grabbed his wrist, bringing it up to my open mouth with my dropping canines. "Don't ever call me babe, honey." I sank my teeth into his wrist, making sure to break the tanned skin.

He gingerly removed his hand from my mouth and blood trickled down his arm, wrapping around his elbow before turning into a crimson snake. Stark deposited the snake on the arm of the old man which held the chainsaw, effectively constricting around the limb until it turned purple and the chainsaw dropped by my feet, driving into the cheap stained carpet.

I blew out a shaky breath. "This will be an interesting story to tell my kids."

The blood diffused into the air like dust as Stark rose to his feet. "Our kids," he corrected.

I avoided his gaze. "So what now? I'm hoping you don't plan on handcuffing me again."

He shook his head, dragging the squirming body of the old man to the bathtub. "I'm handcuffing him, actually."

Stark pulled out a pair of black handcuffs from his jacket pocket and looped the old mans hand around the faucet.

"That's convenient, but won't he break out of those- Oh my Goddess what are you doing?!"

Stark slammed his foot down on the man's other elbow, the bone splitting out at an odd angle. I screamed louder than the broken hotel manager.

"What the hell? What happened to not killing him?"

He blinked, gesturing at the heaving chest of the old man. "He's not dead, is he? Now he won't be able to get out the handcuffs with broken arms. It's logic, Katya."

I paced behind him as he slid open the window of our room on the first floor, easily jumping out as I followed in pursuit. "That's not logic, that's insanity!"

Stark paused, looking at me over his shoulder. I noticed his had curved his arms slightly behind his hips. "What are you waiting for? Jump. I'm not going to run with you as a wolf, I'll just end up being slowed down."

I thought of the few times that Stark and I came to close physical contact, which was actually quite rare.

"I'm not slow." I defended as I set my palms on his broad shoulders.

He nodded, "Sure. Hurry up, will you?"

I gave myself a boost and relaxed once my knees hugged his hips and were hooked on his arms. "Can you not go fast?"

Stark broke out into sprint, his speed gradually increasing. Although he was no where nearly as fast as Castor, he was insanely faster than the average werewolf. To force myself to stop trying to take in thee blurring images around us, I pressed my cheek to Stark's warm back. With my keen ears, I could pick up on his erratic heartbeat. He was either nervous being around me, just like how I am with him, or it was because he was running. Probably the latter.

"Have you gained weight?" Stark muttered accusingly when he set me down inside his boat.

I glared at him, "Of course not."

He rolled his stiff shoulders and went behind the counter. It was then I realized the stench of...blood.

"Stark, what the hell is that smell- holy shit." I jerked back from the sight.

A bullet was lodged in a middle-aged man's head as Stark dragged the body out by the collar.

"What is wrong with you?!" I exclaimed. "You killed a human!"

I followed him out on the deck as he flung the body precariously into the ocean.

"Well, someone emptied my pints of blood so I had to get it from a difference source."

"Why do you even need pints of blood?"

He stiffened, avoiding my eyes. "Reasons,"

"What? Is it something to do with your affinity?" I pressed on.

Stark grabbed my arm, pulling me back into the boat. He snatched up what looked to be a black duffel bag- a heavy one seeing as the way the straps straightened when it slung over Stark's shoulder.

I took a peek inside while Stark headed down the boardwalk.

"What do you need so many guns for?"

He snorted, stopping in front of a black motorcycle- my Goddess it was the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.

"When did you get this bike?"

Stark turned on his heel. "Were you always this inquisitive? Or is this special treatment just for me?"

I grinned. "A little bit of both."

Stark straddled the motorcycle flawlessly with the duffel bag in front of him while I looked like an awkward sloth trying to get on a tree branch too high.

"Any day now, my light."

I used his shoulders as balance. "Got it."

He pushed the kickstand back and revved the engine.

"Where are we going?" I asked as I wrapped my hands around his waist.

"The Anosova residence. Your mother and I need to have a long talk about why she keeps appearing in my memories."

We pulled out of the parking lot and got onto the main road.

"So you remember the way to my house, but not thee people who stay in the residence?" I raised an eyebrow, even though he couldn't really see it.

"It's difficult to explain. I can remember dates and facts, but not personal information."

"So tell me what you can remember." I suggested.

His grip on the steering wheel turned his knuckles white, something that didn't go unseen by me.

"How about you fill me in on what has happened from the time I met you?" Although it was phrased as a question, I knew it was a command.

Stark was hiding something from me. Again.

"Alright. Well it first started in the woods. My previous pack's Beta couldn't attend a meeting at a Lycan's birthday party, so I being the substitute Luna, went with my brother who was the Alpha. Our parents died when we were younger so we had to fill in the positions until Mikhail found his mate, who in turn would become Luna. Anyways, back then I thought Lycans were the worst of the worst when it came to ego, so I ditched my brother and went into the woods. I hear something in the bushes and I thought it was a threat o I raised my leg to kick you-"

"Rotate you hips more." Stark laughed. "I remember that."

My rising annoyance at him for keeping another secret from me melted away.

"Anything past that?" I called out over the speeding winds even though I knew well enough that he could hear me even if I whispered due to his amazing Lycan hearing.

"It's blurry."

Stark got off the highway and slowed his speed once we turned into the almond tree orchard that bordered the dirt road to the Anosova villa. His motorcycle came to the stop by the black Hearse which I assumed Evgeny drove.

"Then what about this?"

I got off the motorcycle as he leaned back. Unclasping my necklace, I held it up by the chain.

"Is that...?"

I nodded, smiling weakly. "You gave it to me when we had to make an emergency landing in Spain- it's a long story involving Castor killing the pilot- but you threw away your wedding ring and got me this necklace."

"Moonlight, huh. The most precious and versatile metal of the werewolf world."

He watched as the locket encased silver metal glinted and flowed like a lava lamp inside the glass enclosure.

"Anything?" I prompted, placing the necklace back around my neck the locket resting just above the valley of my breasts.

He sighed. "Maybe the return of my memories is selective. The voice inside says it's extremely important, but I can't seem to pull information and memories as to why it's important, even though I understand the importance." Stark paused after getting off the motorcycle. "Does that make the slightest bit of sense to you?"

I let loose an exasperated breath. "Yes, unfortunately. Now come on, you have a lot of catching up to do."

"Indeed." he murmured, slinging the strap of the duffel bag over his shoulder.

We both paused at the front door where brass knuckles shaped like zmey gorynych awaited us.

Stark glanced at me, then back at the door. "Why do I have a bad feeling about returning?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

602K 15.5K 28
After her pack was killed by Rogues, Laura becomes a part of the Blue Moon Pack when the Alpha takes her in. When her Guardian Bond to the Alpha's da...
435K 12.1K 53
~~~*Complete*~~~ Alpha Alexander Weston is a ruthless killer when it comes to ruling his pack. No one should ever double cross him and death and des...
22.7K 1.3K 28
Every young wolf is told of how amazing and special it is to find your mate. The other half of yourself, your opposite. No one told of the anguish a...
1.8M 82.7K 84
Four allies; one mission. Take down the tyrant. This should be easy considering they're the Chosen Wolves. They're inherently powerful. United, they'...