The Salvation Trials ✔️

By ljumpp

Book I of The Mountain 8 mountain packs. 8 Alphas. All with one thing on their mind: win The Salvation Trials... More

Winnie Melbourne
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two - The Past
Chapter Three
Chapter Four - The Past
Chapter Five
Chapter Six - The Past
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight - The Past
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten - The Past
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve - The Past
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen - The Past
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen - The Past
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen - The Past
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty - The Past
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four - The Past
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty- Six - The Past
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight - The Past
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thiry-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter Twenty-Two - The Past

317 11 0
By ljumpp

Winnie Melbourne

I crave darkness. It's the only thing on my mind as I limp out of the bright facility and stumble into the warm light of the Full Moon. I fall to my knees and then lean back, sitting on the heels of my feet. Gasping for air and coated in the blood of my enemies, I look up at the Moon. My wolf presses against my skin and begs to be let out. My skin ripples with her urge to shift but it does not come. It cannot come.

"I'm sorry.", I whisper to her. "The silver."

"Hurts.", she whimpers.

"I know."

I shudder as she tries one more time but gives up once she finally does realize how hopeless it is. Howls arise in the distance and I let out an exhausted laugh, wincing slightly as pain shoots up my back, across my ribs, and all throughout my chest. Red Mountain has come to save me but they are too late. I have already saved myself, done what is seemingly impossible, but the job is not done. There are more inside that I was unable to get to.

Just as the wolves of Red Mountain break through the treeline, the Full Moon disappears behind the clouds, shielding me in darkness. I sob in relief as the Shadows dart forward and cover me in their embrace, shielding me from any further harm as wolves run past me, storming the facility and ripping apart any remaining Hunters.

Leaning forward, my forehead meets the cold, dewy grass and I hug myself, crying. I feel the comfort of my brothers in the shadows, their hands on my back and in my hair. Two warm hands are added and I blindly reach out, pulling Alpha Kayson further into the shadows and clutching him like he was my lifeline. "You came!", I cried.

Alpha Kayson hugs me close, pressing my face into his chest. "I'm sorry I didn't come sooner. I didn't know where the Hunters were keeping you. I am so sorry, Winnie.", he says, his voice hoarse from the amount of emotion he feels.

I wanted to tell him it was okay but I couldn't. It wasn't okay, what happened to me wasn't okay, nothing was okay. Instead, I pulled myself closer to Alpha Kayson and dozed in and out of consciousness. I heard pieces of faint conversations that didn't really make sense to me, except for one statement.

"Prime Alpha Titus withheld her location from me."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

500K 6.3K 16
To read the full book please see the info below: What a wild ride this has been with almost half a million reads! However, It is now time for me to e...
943K 20.7K 63
**EXCERPT FROM THE STORY** "As the new Alpha of vengeful eyed pack,I thereby pass my first judgment on Ciara Acacia Jones,You are therefore demoted t...
40.9K 1.6K 29
As Brooke prepares to gain Luna status by marrying her pack's Alpha, she learns she's fated to Huck, leader of the valley wolves. Now she must do eve...
123K 4.5K 64
Book 1 of The Lost Crown Series "Miss Selena Wilson, I have enough evidence, right at this instant to announce you as a traitor to the pack. You are...