wonderwall; mark estapa

By loveysbookclub

in which, two exes go to the same college and one regrets breaking up with the other. More

wonderwall
chapter ii. pizza pasta night
chapter iii. game day
chapter iv. first win of the season
chapter v. friends? no. civil? yes.
chapter vi. movie night

chapter i. the balcony situation

1.1K 24 0
By loveysbookclub

There was only two downsides of only getting into the University of Michigan in Lorelai Mendoza's opinion.

A) it wasn't her first choice of colleges.

B) her ex-boyfriend went there.

But alas, you get what you get and you don't get upset.

Hence why she was currently dragging up two suitcases of luggage, and an additional duffel bag wrapped around her shoulder. She got in on a half scholarship for soccer, promising her a spot on the colleges woman's soccer team.

This also meant that she shared an apartment with the three other freshmen girls that took up the other available spots.

Upon finally reaching the door of her new living quarters, Lorelai dropped her duffel bag and released the handles of her two suitcases, cursing herself for refusing the help of her father when he offered.

Opening the door, she was met with three other girls. Two brunettes and one redhead.

They all sat around the table, slurping on what appeared to be cereal. However, what seemed to be a friendly breakfast was interrupted as all heads snapped towards the newcomer. The three freshmen had all arrived yesterday, giving them a head start on the roommate and teammate bonding.

Their short history of already kindled friendship did not stop them from all shooting up from their tables, all simultaneously introducing themself in a mess of incoherent words whilst each grabbing one of the hispanic girls bags and bringing them into the apartment.

Lorelai smiled at the gesture, waiting for them to quiet down before speaking, "I did not catch a single word of that."

All opened their mouth to speak again, but the redhead shushed the other two before they got the chance. "She's not gonna understand us anymore if we all speak at the same time, idiots." She informed the other two, before her blue eyes fleeted bacn to the newcomer and a large grin overtook her features, "I'm Sydney."

And thus, the coherent introductions began. Lorelai learnt that the brunette with light eyes was named Carson and the brunette with dark eyes that matched hers was named April.

The three girls then directed Lorelai to her new room for the rest of the year, all mumbling different variations of the same sorry that they had moved into their rooms before they got to discuss who wanted which room.

Lorelai didn't mind, as long as she had a bed.

And alas, a beautiful friendship between the four girls blossomed.

Later that same night, all girls had opted to eat their takeout Thai food on the floor of the living room, rather than at the table or on the couch. But that didn't seem to matter to any of the girls, as it had been nothing but laughs and deep secrets since the arrival of their fourth and final member of the freshmen four.

"Okay, okay, I got one. What is going to be your least favourite part of college?" April asked, digging into her noodles.

"Pfft, easy! The classes." Sydney responded at the same time Carson spoke, "exams."

April let out a groan, "that's a given, give me something good."

All eyes expectantly fell onto the girl who hadn't answered. "The possibility that I could run into my ex boyfriend at any given moment." She shrugged nonchalantly, jumping slightly when all three girls fell into a repetitive cycle of collective gasps.

"See! That's what I wanna hear!" April jumped in her seat excitedly, pointing to the Mendoza girl with her fork.

"Okay, give me all the details. I'm talking name, age, grade, occupation, relationship duration and reasoning of break up." Sydney listed off quickly, taking in a deep breath at the end of her ramble.

Lorelai placed her food onto the coffee table in front of her, preparing herself to answer all questions. "Okay, he's a sophomore now. We dated for three whole ass years and this man drops me out of nowhere two days after he graduated, claiming he didn't even want to attempt to do long distance. He plays on the hockey team, maybe, I don't know I blocked his sorry ass after he broke up with me, and his name is Mark."

Carson, who had been quiet since the drop of the bomb, which was Lorelai's sad excuse of a love life, choked as she drank her water, falling into a fit of coughs which gained the confused attention of all her roommates. After recovering, she held up a hand, "hold the fuck on, you dated Mark Estapa?"

"Why does that name sound familiar?" April quizzed, her perfectly structured eyebrows pulling together in a moment of confusion. "Two words, penalty minutes." Carson sung.

A look of realisation crossed both Sydney and April's face as they jumped from their seats on the group, continuing this jumping all throughout the main area of the apartment, yelling incoherent words. Lorelai watched bewildered, Carson remaining nonchalant from beside her.

The two crazed girls only stopped when a knock sounded on their front door. All sound in the apartment halted, and the silence was enough to hear a hair pin drop. No one moved to answer, but when another knock sounded, Lorelai decided to jump to her feet.

"Don't answer that, it could be a crazed murderer!" April whispered harshly. "If it was a crazed murderer, I don't think they'd be knocking, babes." Carson voices from her spot on the floor.

"Have you not watched any horror movie ever? 9 times out of 10, the killer knocks. It's almost midnight, it's def a murderer." Sydney stated, matter-of-factly. "Exactly, it's almost midnight and youse are screaming the building down, it's probably our very first noise complaint. Someone document this." Lorelai smiled before opening the door a crack to look out.

She was met with a tall brunette boy, who smiled almost guiltily. The girl furrowed her eyebrows, attempting to ignore her four roommates who had creeped up behind her to get a better look at the stranger. "Can I help you?" Lorelai voiced carefully.

"Um, hi! I'm your next door neighbour." The boy smiled, waving shyly. "Bit late for a warm welcome, don't ya think?" Lorelai sassed, which resulted in a smack on the back of her head. "Don't be rude, he's cute!" April exclaimed quietly, but she was sure the boy heard as his cheeks tinted pink at the compliment.

"Just three seconds ago, you were sure that this cutie was gonna murder us." Lorelai shot back, putting a sarcastic emphasis on the word cutie before turning back to the boy, whose shy smile had dropped into a confused frown.

"Not here to murder you-"

"That's what why murderer would say!"

"Shut up, Sydney! Let the man speak."

"Me and my roommates were messing around, and we sort of hid one of our phones on your balcony, and when we tried to get it back with a hockey stick, it sort of slid to the other end and now we can't reach."

Lorelai's eyebrows shot upwards, "you guys sounds really stupid."

The boy let out a laugh before nodding his head, scratching the back of his neck awkwardly. Shifting her eyes towards the girls who were hidden behind the cracked open door, Lorelai quirked an eyebrow before swinging the door open.

"By all means, collect your belongings." Lorelai gestured into their shared apartment, the boy smiling gratefully before making his way to the balcony. The layout of the apartment was fairly similar, if not the exact same, as his own, so he knew where to go.

"Um, hello! Don't let random men into your apartment, rule numero uno of being a girl, you psycho!" Carson exclaimed, earning a scoff and the shake of her head from Lorelai.

"What if he steals something?" Sydney suddenly asked, and with that, the rest of the girls were following the boy to the balcony.

What they were met with was another guy, trying to stretch over his balcony and grab ahold of their bannister. "You're gonna fall and die." Carson deadpanned at the long haired boy, who was attempting some sort of parkour. The boy jumped, almost resulting in him falling to his death, if it weren't for his spotter behind him, who grabbed ahold of him and placed him back on solid ground.

"Hey neighbours." The boy waved awkwardly, all girls returning the awkward gesture.

"Why'd you guys decide to hide a phone on our balcony of all places?" Lorelai asked, genuinely curious by the thought process behind it.

"Well, Nick over there," one boy on the opposite balcony began, pointing inside to a boy who the girls could barely make out, "decided he wanted to hide Luca's phone," he continued, grabbing the shoulders of the boy who had previously almost fell to his death, "because he though Luca hid his lucky hockey puck, but in actuality it was Rutger over there who hid it." The unnamed boy finalised, pointing to the boy who was currently on their balcony.

A gasp sounded from their side, another brunette storming out, "I should've known it was you!"

As an argument broke out over the two balconies, Rutger stating he deserved it and Johnny stating he was an angel that did no wrong, all female eyes fell to the last boy.

"And what's your name?" Adam, as if realising he was talking to four very attractive females, leaned up against the railing of the boys balcony, "Adam Fantilli, nice to meet you ladies."

And alas, a beautiful friendship began to blossom between apartment 207 and 206.

@LORELAIMENDOZA HAS A NEW POST!

@lorelaimendoza: first week of college done, colour me unimpressed

@aleahmendoza: have u run into yk who yet
— @lorelaimendoza: you haven't seen me and a week and this is the first thing u ask?
— @aleahmendoza: so sorry dear sister, miss u and praying for ur overdue return 🥲 now answer the question
— @lorelaimendoza: blocked! (thank god i haven't)

@aprilturner: omg u r so fine
— @lorelaimendoza: i think i'm falling in love with you april

@carsonwarnerr: i get to look at this all day ladies and gents!
— @adamfantilli: lucky you 😒
— @carsonwarnerr: ew perv alert!
— @lorelaimendoze: carson ily! adam, get out

@rutgermcgroarty: awooga
— @lorelaimendoza: get out of my comment section
— @rutgermcgroarty: get out of my house
— @lorelaimendoza: but but but 😔
— @luca.fantilli: u can stay, it's ok rory
— @lorelaimendoza: this is why ur everyone's favourite luca

@sydneysomerville: ur so pretty rory
— @lorelaimendoza: syd 💋💋💋

@nick_moldenhauer: this so sooo super slay girly!!
— @lorelaimendoza: HAHHAHAH GTFO
— @aprilturner: YAASS QUEEN I TAUGHT U WELL
— @carsonwarnerr: unteach him he's giving me a migraine
— @sydneysomerville: don't listen to them j, ur doing so super slay!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 57.5K 104
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
198K 4.2K 46
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...
457K 31.2K 46
♮Idol au ♮"I don't think I can do it." "Of course you can, I believe in you. Don't worry, okay? I'll be right here backstage fo...
271K 7.9K 89
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...