Red Pixie

By _Fandom_Lover

After winning a trip to Gotham, Marinette gained more than she lost after Lila came taking some of her friend... More

Note
Backstory
Let's Play Catch Up
MPS Origin
New Heroes
Contest
And The Winner Is...
Gotham Here We Come
Background Info
First Day in Gotham
Meeting the Bat Family
Wayne Gardens Part 1
Wayne Gardens Part 2
Ice Queen
We're Going to the Zoo
Spilling the Beans
It's Dinner Time
Suit Disasters
Secrets Waiting to be Uncovered
Benched
The Lazarus Pits
Ask Away
Official
Opposite of Careful
Hey Ugly
To Hell and Back
Look at that. I've been impaled

Date Night

3.3K 139 10
By _Fandom_Lover

I thought I should do a small warning about this chapter. There is some adult humor in the beginning. They're 17 and 18, so it's not inappropriate for them. However, I'm not sure how young some of the readers are. So small warning.

I stood there stunned at Jason's response. In no way was I prepared for that.

"You know what... Never mind. It was a stupid question," Jason said scratching his neck.

"That's too bad. I would have said yes," I responded completely honest.

"Really?"

"Completely, but since you took it back I'll find another way to spend my evening. Maybe sewing or annoying my friends. Who knows."

"Is it too late to not take it back?"

"Never. I wouldn't want to miss out on a date with you."

"Marinette would you want to get dinner tonight? I can even show you around Gotham if you'd like."

"I'd love to. Any hint on how I should dress?"

"Casual. I want to keep you all to myself for now. No one needs to know our plans tonight."

"You mean your family doesn't need to know?"

"Yeah... If they found out I was taking a girl out, I would never hear the end of it."

"Although I can't really keep it a secret from my friends because of how noisy they are, I'd also get teased. It's how family works. Now let's go catch up with the others."

We started making our way to were my class was. Jason and I were side by side with our hands occasionally brushing against each other. I couldn't help but blush. I really wanted to hold his hand and hopefully he was thinking the same thing.

~Time Skip~

Jason didn't give much of a hint to where we were going. All I was told was casual. Fancy wasn't his thing nor was it mine. It was more casual, but how casual?

"I don't know what to wear," I said pacing around my room.

All my friends were there as support, but Alix, Nath, and Kim were mostly snickering at how I was acting.

"Jason said it was casual, so follow that," Nino said.

"It may be casual, but I still want to look cute and impress him."

While Chloe was looking in the closet, Adrien walked over to the drawers my clothes were currently in digging through. They're probably my safest bet when it comes to fashion advice.

"Really Bug?" Adrien asked pulling out some fancy underwear showing them off to everyone.

"What? We're here for a month, so my aunt is going to visit. I want to feel pretty while I'm going through a week of misery." I was blushing as everyone began laughing. I quickly grabbed it from him and threw it back into the drawer.

"Almost all women do it," Chloe said backing me up. However she had to embarrass me more by the comment she whispered to me. "Want to wear it underneath just in case? You never know what will happen."

"Chloe!" I grabbed a pillow throwing at her. "It's a first date."

Adrien realized what Chloe said and started laughing. Next was Nino whose eyes grew wide.

"There is no way that is happening. I'll skin him if he tries anything."

"Look at what you started."

"On a more serious note, how about this Mari?" Alix asked a grin still on here face from the previous conversation.

In her hand, she held a beautiful dress that I had recently made. It was perfect. Who knew Alix had an eye for fashion?

"I love it! It looks fantastic. It doesn't look like I'm trying too hard, yet I'm still putting in effort to look nice."

"Maybe pair it with this," Kim said tossing me the previous article of clothing Adrien held.

"I hate you all." However, I did sneakily grab them as I walked to the bathroom to take a shower.

I'm writing that while I'm tired. Right now it seems like the funniest thing ever.

~Skip to after the shower~

I walked out of the bathroom shyly.

"So what do you think?" I asked while doing a little spin.

"You look beautiful," Nath said.

"But I do need a bit of light makeup and a cute hairstyle." I looked at Adrien and Chloe.

"I call makeup!" Chloe yelled.

"I have the perfect idea for your hair!" Adrien exclaimed grabbing a hairbrush and hair ties.

"I call giving Jason a talking to," Nino said.

"I'll join," Alix and Kim joined in at the same time.

"I don't think so. You'll scare him away and I really want to get to know him better," I told them shooting them a glare that puts Batman's to shame.

~Time skip once more~

I looked at phone to see that I have ten minutes before Jason is supposed to come.

"My lady," Adrien said putting his hand out to take me to the lobby.

I gladly took it, but before we left the room I turned to everyone else. "Don't wait up for me. I'll tell you all about it tomorrow."

Adrien and I then began our walk to the lobby. He gave me a serious look.

"I better not be getting a lecture on how to be prepared," I joked.

"I'm not gonna lecture you. That's Nino's job."

"Then why do you have your serious face on?"

"I know what you're wearing."

"Adrien!"

"You can't get anything by me."

"I just want to feel pretty. It's like an extra boost of confidence. Guys will never understand."

"I know I won't. I just wanted to tease you one last time before your date."

"I hate you."

"I love you too. Now be careful in Crime City."

"We both know that me and my date are perfectly capable of defending ourselves."

"I know you said not to wait up, but I will be up until you get back. I want to make sure you get here safely. For once think of me as the big brother who wants to protect you from everything including heartbreak."

I pulled him into a hug. I don't know what I'd do without this dork.

"Ok big bro, I'll see you soon."

He gave me a nod before walking towards the elevator. Moments after Adrien was out of sight, my phone vibrated.

"I'm here," Jason texted.

I took a deep breath before walking out to see Jason sitting on his motorcycle.

"Can I drive?" I asked walking to him.

"You actually know how to drive one?" Jason questioned curiously.

"Oh yeah. I upgraded from a moped to one."

"I'll let you drive back. Since it's a surprise, you wouldn't know where to go."

"Fair."

I took the helmet he had in his hand and hopped on. While Jason was putting his on, I wrapped my arms around him. He stiffened for a second probably out of surprise. I personally think being up close to him is the safest way to ride with Red Hood.

"Ready?" he asked with a smile.

"Always."

We then speed off to who knows where. However Jason wasn't going as fast as I thought he would go. After a couple minutes, we stopped at Wayne Botanical Gardens.

"You know my class visited here yesterday right?" I asked while taking off my helmet.

"Of course I remember. I also remember you not getting to properly enjoy it after Lila ruined everything for you. Plus there's a little something inside," Jason replied taking his helmet off as well.

"How are we going to get in? It's closed."

"Bruce owns it and I'm technically his son meaning we can get away with it."

"You didn't ask Mr. Wayne if you could have access to it tonight."

"Nah. He'd be all up in our business about why. Plus there's the thrill of sneaking in."

"You mean breaking in?"

"Same thing. Now do you want to see the surprise or just sit out here?"

"Let's go."

I ran over to the building looking for the best way to sneak in without causing any attention or alarms to go off.

"This way Pixie. If you go any further you'll be seen on camera."

Jason grabbed my hand and took me inside. It was completely dark besides a couple lights for certain plants.

"One. Two. Three." Jason counted down and turned on some fairy lights. A small area was revealed with a nice picnic and a beautiful view of not only the flowers but the city outside.

"It's beautiful," I gasped walking towards the lights.

"Thank god you think so. I wasn't completely sure if this was your idea of a date."

I walked over to him and looked him straight in the eye. The lights made his eyes twinkle slightly.

"I don't need anything big. I love it and the thought put behind it. Now come on."

We walked to the picnic area Jason created. The closer I got the more breathtaking it became.

"I had a bit of help from Alfred with the food. I'm not baker like you," Jason said pulling out some baked goods among other things.

The date turned out amazing. We were able to have an easy flowing conversation. I could have stayed there the whole night. However the big bat had to ruin it.

Jason and I had finished eating, and we're slowly getting closer to one another as we talked. Eventually, my head was against his shoulder while he held me in his arms. At the moment, Jason was talking about literature which he had a real passion for. He must have noticed me staring since he abruptly stopped.

"Do I have something in my teeth or food on my face because you keep looking at my lips?"

I blushed not realizing that was the main feature I was looking at.

"No there's nothing there," I replied.

"So why do you keep glancing at them?" he asked with a smirk.

I sat up and looked at him ignoring everything else around. In the moment, it was just me and Jason.

"Well maybe I wanted to do this," I started leaning in for a kiss with Jason doing the same. Our lips were just centimeters apart when the doors were kicked open. We quickly jumped back and looked at the figure standing in the door. Damnit Bruce.

"What's going on here?" Batman asked.

"You seriously have horrible timing B," Jason said.

"What are you doing in here? The garden is closed for the night."

"I set the alarm off didn't I?" I quietly asked Jason.

"There's a slight chance Pixie."

Jason turned back to Batman who was staring at us waiting for an answer.

"It's just me, Jason. I thought I'd stop by and see the view. Wasn't expecting it to change from flowers to a grown man in tights."

Batman probably knew I was there but didn't say anything about it until I laughed.

"And who's your friend?"

"Why are you so curious about a random guy's date?" I asked Batman. I knew it was a father and son, but I had to act clueless.

"Date?"

"Yeah I'm on a date not that anyone was supposed to find out," Jason said directly the last part at me.

"Batman's supposed to be the world's greatest detective. The guy's old meaning he's experienced."

Now I probably shouldn't be making fun of the guy who sponsored our trip, but I couldn't help it.

"You're right Pix. The guy probably has grey hair starting to form from his old age," Jason joined in on the fun.

"Probably didn't help that he adopted an army of kids."

Batman cleared his throat to bring attention back on him.

"I'm afraid I'll have to cut this date short. Although your father owns the garden, you are still considered trespassing. I should also be bringing your date back home before you get her into more trouble."

I gave Jason a mischievous look. "Give me your keys. I promise I won't hurt your bike, but you have to trust me."

Jason sneakily gave me the keys, and I stood up.

"While Big Bat, you'll have to catch us first."

Using the skills I learned as Ladybug, I was able to get past him. It comes in handy being short at times. I hopped on the bike quickly starting it.

"You're crazy you know that," Jason said hopping on as well.

"Hold on!"

I took off at dangerous speeds to put some distance between us and Batman. If I didn't pay attention to the route we took earlier, I would definitely be lost.

"He's not far behind," Jason screamed.

"I know. It doesn't matter if we outrun him. He knows where I'm staying."

Due to the speed we were going, Jason and I got back to the hotel in half the time it took to get to the garden. I turned off the bike and looked around.

"He's on that rooftop," I said laughing.

"I don't think I'll ever let you drive again."

"You have to admit that running from Batman was a fun was to end a date."

"Only you would think that."

"I can see it in your eyes that you agree with me."

"You caught me. Playing cat and mouse with a guy in tights was pretty fun. Is he still there?"

"Nah. I saw him take off after he was talking to someone. Duty calls I guess."

I turned to face him once more. Jason had a goofy smile on his face.

"You're looking at me again."

"Can't a girl just look at how cute her date it?"

"Cute?"

"The goofy smile you have on is cute. Usually I'd describe you as a hot bad boy to someone else. You're actually an adorable softy underneath it all."

It's times like this where I would never guess Jason was Red Hood. Their personalities appear too different.

"A hot bad boy?"

"I think the term bad boy is a little cliché and generic though."

"Well does this hot bad boy get to finish what was started earlier?"

"Depends on how you rate the date. If it was bad, then I'd just say goodnight and walk inside. If it was good, I'd do this." I got up on my tip toes and gave Jason a peck on the check. "If it was great, then I'd do this." I gave a quick peck on the lips this time taking him by surprise. "However since I found it amazing and would definitely go on another, I'm gonna do this." I grabbed his jacket and pulled him in for a deep kiss. It lasted only a couple seconds but it felt like forever. I didn't want it to end.

"I'm glad that you found it amazing and decided to end it like that," Jason said with the goofy adorable smile coming back.

"How'd you rate it?"

"Same as you Pixie." Jason pulled me closer putting his hand was around my waist while I put my hands behind his neck. This time he kissed me. It felt like a loving kiss. It was simple but said a lot. We broke apart and just stared at each other for a moment. "You better head inside. I saw a certain blonde on the balcony right before you kissed me. He's gone now and is probably on his way down to give me some type of talking to."

"You better take off before Adrien gets here then. I'll see you tomorrow. Night Jay Jay." We let each other go, and I walked inside after giving him a quick wave when I reached the doors. Jason was soon out of sight.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

76.8K 1.9K 10
What if six months after HawkMoth was gone Marinette fell down from a portal and was saved by Superboy. Now she must regain her confidence both as a...
82.6K 1.8K 8
Previously this was in the one-shots. I didn't expect it to have multiple chapters, but people liked it and wanted more. I have added 4 bonus chapter...
216K 4.1K 57
Filled with a bunch of people shipped with Marinette! Lukanette, Adrinette, Daminette, etc.
110K 2.7K 38
A whole book with maribat but mostly Daminette Oneshots.Hope you enjoy 💮