Enemies as Mates

By HollyPhantomhive-14

Edward Cullen x Melody Cameron x Beaumont Swan x Antonio Volturi Summary: Melody Cameron moves in with her go... More

Melody Cameron
Beaumont (Beau) Swan
Edward Cullen
Antonio Volturi
Intro: Melody
Intro: Beau
Intro: Edward
Part One:
Chapter II: A Secret Revealed and Another Imprint
Chapter III: The Swan Sister Returns
Chapter IV: Drama Starts

Chapter I: Two Mate Shift

1K 37 8
By HollyPhantomhive-14

***Two Years Later; 2005***

Two weeks remained until the second semester of his junior year and Edward Cullen was pacing his bedroom, nervous about finally telling his mates about his feelings for them.  He knew from Beau's and Melody's thoughts that they returned his feelings. But he was afraid for another reason.  Edward was planning to tell them his secret. 

A knock on his bedroom door drew Edward from his thoughts.  Looking up he saw that Esme was standing there, a concerned look on her usually smiling face.

"Edward what's wrong," she asked as she sat on his couch.

Sitting down next to the woman he thought of as a mother, Edward took a deep sigh before speaking.

"I'm planning on telling Beau and Melody about my feelings for them."

"That's wonderful Edward," Esme said as she hugged her first son.

"I also want to tell them about me, about our family," Edward said. "I also want to tell them that they are my mates."

Esme could see the worry on her son's face. She hadn't met either Beau or Melody yet but from how her children spoke of them, she already knew she would love them. Taking Edward's hands in hers, the maternal vampire gave them a reassuring squeeze.

"Everything will work out in the end, Edward," Esme said with a motherly smile.

"I also think Melody possesses the wolf gene and will shift soon. She's been angrier the last couple of months ever since her brother stopped answering her calls. She said her mom told her that he was just going through a faze but in reality he shifted along with Paul," Edward said.

When he found out his mates were friends with the tribe he wasn't happy about it but as soon as Melody put her foot down he dropped the issue. Alice had told everyone that Melody was nearly invisible in her visions meaning that she would be shifting soon.

"Just tell them how you feel and go from there," Esme said as she smiled at her son.

At the Swan house, Melody Cameron was pacing her attic bedroom. Once again she was trying to call her brother. It had been two months since she last spoke to him and three and a half months since she and Beau hung out with him and Paul. It was like a few years ago when Sam disappeared and then when he returned he closed himself off from anyone. Now anytime Beau and Melody went to La Push to hangout with their other friends they would see the three boys together.

Melody was hurt that her own brother was ignoring her. She remembered that they use to be very close. Now he was a stranger.

"This is Jared, you know what to do."

Again voicemail. Melody felt a ripple of anger through her body. Her muscles rippled beneath her skin. She was never so angry in her life. Again she tried her brother and again voicemail. Melody was livid now and threw her phone again the wall where it shattered. Not bothering to clean up the remains of her shattered phone, Melody left her bedroom, shacking and ready to snap at anyone who gets in her way.

From the living room, Beau and Charlie heard something hitting a wall and breaking.  Beau looked at his father clearly worried about his girlfriend.  He noticed that ever since her brother began ignoring her, Melody's temper had gotten worse.  Upon hearing heavy footsteps on the stairs, Beau looked up to see his girlfriend.  Shacking uncontrollably Melody walked passed her boyfriend and godfather. Beau went to go after her but Charlie stopped him knowing that Melody was about to shift and if he was to close to her, he could get hurt.

"What the Hell, dad," Beau said as he looked at his father.

"You know the legends of the tribe," Charlie stated.

Beau nodded knowing about the legends of the tribe in La Push and how that their people were supposed to be decedents of wolves.  It was then that Beau understood what his father was talking about and quickly followed after his girlfriend, Charlie close behind him just in case he had to shift to protect his son.

Melody stormed out of the back door, shacking uncontrollably. Her mind telling her to get into the woods and away from Beau and Charlie. Once she was a few meters into the thick woods, Melody screamed in pain as her bones broke and shift, resulting in her letting out an ear piercing scream. As soon as Beau ran out of the back door he heard Melody scream.

"MELODY!" Beau shouted at hearing his girlfriend's screams of pain.

Beau ran off into the woods following her screams. All he could think of was getting to Melody. To protect her and be there for her.

"BEAUMONT, WAIT!" Charlie shouted as he took off after his son.

Beau ran into the woods but stopped a few yards in when a sight of ripped clothes came into view. Along with the sight of the ripped clothes was a large grey and white wolf.

"Melody?" Beau asked in confusion as seeing the giant wolf.

The giant wolf turned around and cocked their head in confusion.

All of a sudden, the female Cameron wolf met Beau's eyes images started to pass in front of her eyes. The same images that she saw her freshman year when she looked at Beau one morning. The once blurry images were clear. Melody saw herself in her wolf form cuddling with Beau and another blurry figure who looked almost like her best friend, Edward Cullen.

Images of the three of them together cuddling and laughing together flashed in front of her eyes. The images showed a second blurry figure joining the three of them and then she sees herself walking down the aisle towards Beau and the two other figures.

When her vision cleared, Melody heard movement behind her and turned and growled a warning to whoever it was to stay back from her imprint. Even though she didn't know what was going on and what had just happened when she looked at Beau, but her instincts were telling her to protect him. Seconds later a large black wolf appeared.

"Melody calm down. I won't hurt Beau," Sam's voice said in Melody's head.

"Sam? What happened? Why did I see my future with Beau and two other people," Melody thought to him.

Just then Charlie appeared next to his son to see the two large wolves.

"Take her to your place Sam, we'll be there soon," Charlie said before he looked at his son.  "Come on Beau, let's go to Sam's place where everything will be explained. 

Beau nodded and followed his father out of the woods where he got into Charlie's cruiser. The drive to Sam's house was silent as all Beau could think of was Melody.  Charlie could see the worry look on his son's face for his girlfriend.  When Alana asked him if he would be her godfather he already knew that she would be important in his life.

Pulling up to Sam's place, Beau exited the car just as soon as Jared and Paul exited the house. Upon seeing his two former friends, Beau began to shake in anger. He was even more livid to see his girlfriend's brother just standing there.

"What the Hell are you doing here," Beau growled as he started to shake.  "Why were you ignoring your sister?"

Charlie rushed out of the drivers seat and got in between Beau and Jared in case Beau shifted.  The cougar shifters might not be as big as the wolf shifters but a cougar shifter could kill a wolf shifter.

"Boys calm down, Beau, back up.  Melody is fine," Charlie said just as Sam and Melody walked out of the woods in their human forms.

Melody was wearing a shirt that was clearly Jared's and a pair of Paul's shorts.  As soon as she saw her imprint, Melody ran into his arms.

"Beau, you're not hurt are you," she asked as she placed her hands on his cheeks.

Taking her hands into his, Beau gently squeezed them in reassurance.

"I'm okay my love." 

Beau placed his forehead against hers in a calming gesture. Sam had explained to Melody on their way back to his house that what she saw flash in front of her eyes was her imprinting on Beau.  Melody had told Sam about the day when she saw the blurry images of her and Beau's future together just after they stared high school and also about the time she had a similar experience with Edward Cullen.  At this news Sam tried to command her to not interact with the Cullens but Melody just let the command roll off her shoulders and told Sam that he had no right to tell her who she could speak to.

The new imprints moment was interrupted by someone clearing their throat.  Melody looked over to see her brother standing there, with open arms.  However when Jared saw the look on his sister's face he dropped his arms right away.  Beau held his girlfriend closer to his chest as she began to shake.  It was Melody's next move that caused Charlie to pull his son from her arms before he got hurt. 

Melody had stormed over to her brother and punched him in the face knocking him onto his ass.  Jared knew that he had it coming for ignoring his sister.

"Okay I deserved it," Jared said as his split lip healed.

"You could have told me that you were dealing with some personal issues and I would've understood," Melody said as Beau pulled her back from her brother.

"I'm sorry El, I thought I was keeping you safe," Jared said.

"Yeah, well you thought wrong," Melody growled as she tried to advance on her brother again. 

Beau pulled his girlfriend back from her brother. Billy and Charlie managed to get everything under control and by the end of three hours of explaining Melody agreed to stay with Sam for the remaining two weeks of break. Beau wasn't too happy about it but it was the only way she would be allowed to go back to school in Forks.

It was now only a few days before the second semester of junior year and Beau was on the phone with Edward and Melody when Charlie knocked on Beau's and Melody's bedroom door.  Beau told his girlfriend and best friend that he'd talk to them later.  When Melody shifted she told Edward that she wouldn't be able to see him until school started because she was spending time with her brother and mother.

"What's up dad," Beau asked as he entered the living room.

Charlie sighed knowing that this conversation wasn't going to be an easy one.  He knew that his twins didn't get along with one another and had a feeling that because of this news it'll cause him to shift.

"Your mother called," Charlie said.

"What did the egg donor want," Beau asked as he crossed his arms trying to stop his shaking.

"Well, she got remarried over a year ago and she wants to go traveling with her new husband. And because she doesn't want to leave Bella alone, your sister will be moving in with us on Sunday and going to school with you starting Monday," Charlie said as he noticed Beau shaking.

"NO! She doesn't get to come here after not seeing you for four years. Plus she hates Melody and the last time she was here she pushed Melody down the stairs and broke her ankle," Beau said.

His body was shaking at the memory. He remembered it like it was yesterday. Melody had come to the house to get a change of clothes since hers got muddy from playing soccer with him, her brother, and the other guys on the Rez. Melody was walking down the stairs when Bella walked up behind her on the stairs and shoved Mody down the last couple of steps where Melody broke her ankle in three places. She was lucky that she didn't need plates, just a few pins to help it heal.

Charlie could see his son shaking getting worse and knew he was seconds away from shifting.  Thinking quickly Charlie grabbed Beau and dragged him out the back door. It wasn't long till Beau shifted into a large cougar. Charlie smiled proudly at his son knowing that his son will carry on the cougar gene. Looking around confused, Beau finally saw his father.

"Everything will be okay Beau. Just calm down and relax," Charlie said.

The sound of a car pulling into the driveway caught the two shifters attention.

"Beau, Charlie," came Melody's voice from the front of the house.

Knowing that Melody would be the best to try and calm her imprint called out.

"We're back here Mel!"

It wasn't long before Melody walked around the back of the house only to stop in her tracks at the sight of the large cougar in front of her.

When Beau looked at his girlfriend and imprinter, his vision clouded over as he saw the same future with Melody as she saw when she imprinted on him. Charlie smiled at the scene in front of him.  His son and the girl he thought of as a daughter were one another's imprints and mates.  But he also had a feeling that Edward Cullen would also be their imprint despite him being a vampire.

At the Cullens house, Alice ran into Edward's bedroom startling him.

"Beau's and Melody's futures disappeared," was the only thing Alice said.

It was at this moment that Edward knew that both of his mates had shifted. Now it was time for him to tell them of his secret and that they are his soulmates.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

83.8K 2K 31
This story is the new version of my Edward's Melody Fanfic. This story was my first twilight fanfic, and it had lots of grammar mistakes, and it was...
711K 16.3K 52
I WAS LIKE 11 WHEN I WROTE THIS SO THERE'S HELLA MISTAKES, A WEAK ASS PLOT AND DUMBASS CHARACTERS (AND NOT IN THE GOOD WAY) ITS JUST A WHOLE ASS MES...
429K 10.9K 25
Sophia Rose Swan get tangled in her cousins screw up when she decides to take off to Volterra Italy to save her overly emotional ex-boyfriend. She ge...
120K 2.6K 20
Evelyn Swan, younger sister of Charlie Swan and Aunt of Bella Swan. She's a scientist who specializes in the weather and trying to find a way to stop...