His Mute Omega [Lost Mates Bo...

By Chick_ennugget

Amara Alma was born without the ability to speak or hear, so her whole life has been a struggle even as a wer... More

Prologue
Different worlds
Worst encounter
Freshmen Party
Hear me out
Regret
Art
Apology
What he wants
Avoid
Wanting to escape the pleasure
Conversation
Get out
This feeling
Chosen?
The Grand Hotel
Roommate
Party
Hunter's speech
Warning signs
Day-1
Pair up
Guilt
The lovely gentleman
The first talk
Wolf Talk
Fight
This feeling
Night time
D-2
Heart to Heart
Caught
Denial
Unexpected sea creature
His painting
Bad weather
Change
Heat
Reject me
Lust
Connect
My Father
Answers
New progress
Our feelings
The lonely woman
Mates
Risk it
Let's go!
Family
The closing ceremony
His family
Family of his
Move on
After
Happy Birthday
And Love comes to All

My hunter pair

3.3K 98 21
By Chick_ennugget

>>Amara

I stopped right at the entrance of the forest and rethought things.

The forest is dangerous.

I shouldn't go in alone... What if I get in trouble? There's a high chance of things getting bad rather than good.

I turned around.

I should at least try and ask people for help. There are many hunters here, someone might go in with me!

I nodded to myself and approached the group of fellow werewolves, my heart raced with a mix of determination and apprehension. I needed someone to accompany me into the forest to complete my task, but I was well aware of the challenge I faced. The fact that I couldn't speak made the situation more complex, but still, I needed to try.

I took out my phone and opened the text-to-speech app.

Gathering my courage, I walked up to a group of three men and gestured toward the forest, my hands moving with purpose to convey my intention. They all stared at me and I let the app speak.

'Would any of you be my pair for the hunt? I can't go in alone, the task requires a partnership. I need to complete this assignment.' But the uncertainty in their eyes was difficult to ignore. The three of them stared at each other.

"Um," One of them spoke, "It would be difficult to pair with us,"

They gave me a sympathetic smile but shook their heads, "Yea," The other one spoke, "Neither of us is going to pair up with an artist." A hesitant refusal that cut through me. "Sorry," Their eyes focused on my hearing aids. I could feel the weight of their concern, their worry about venturing into the forest without clear communication. It was frustrating, and the limitations of my condition made it hard to express the urgency and importance of my task.

'It's okay," I let the app do its work, 'Thank you,' I turned around to look for someone else. People had mostly paired up by now and it was making me nervous.

Undeterred, I turned to another werewolf, my gestures more animated this time. I pointed to myself and then toward the forest, 'Excuse me,' It was a female this time and she looked at me with a frown, 'Would you like to pair up with me?' Attempting to convey my determination and the fact that I needed assistance, I did my best to look confident but her hesitant glances at my phone and my ears revealed her doubts.

"Oh," She looked away, "I already paired with someone else."

Oh...

I nodded at her, 'I see,' I turned around and walked away. Looking at other people and wondering who I could ask about the pair up but I could sense the skepticism in the air, a reluctance to commit to something that might involve risks they couldn't anticipate.

People were avoiding meeting my eyes and the fact that I couldn't speak seemed to amplify their concerns, casting a shadow of doubt over my ability to lead or communicate effectively.

As I moved from one werewolf to another, I felt a rising frustration and desperation. I was met with polite but cautious declines, which only made me feel bad.

Oh, God!

Why did I choose to come back and ask for help? I knew full well no one would want me...

I turned around disappointed and left. This time for good.

***

>>Killian

A surge of panic clawed it's way up from the depths of my stomach as I scanned the surroundings, my heart hammering against my chest. The bustling activity outside the forest seemed to close in around me as I realized Amara was nowhere in sight.

I paired up with Tina only to make her jealous. I was expecting her to come and say something to me because I clearly saw that look of 'betrayal' on her face and I knew she felt something. How could she not? We're mates, we have a bond between us.

But at the moment my attempts to make her jealous by pairing up with another girl felt like a foolish and reckless decision, one that had spiraled out of control in the worst possible way.

Why?

Because I couldn't find her anywhere. No matter where I looked there was no sign of her. My initial bravado had given way to an overwhelming sense of dread, the realization that I had lost track of her sent shockwaves of panic through my veins.

"What's wrong?" Tina had her hands around my arm, "You look stressed."

"Let me go," I placed my hand on her hands and slipped them off of my arm, "I need to see something."

"Hey!" Tina protested, "We should be going into the forest now!" I didn't pay much attention to her and began to move away, "Killian!" She yelled my name, making me stop and look back at her, "You paired up with me." She looked at me in disbelief and I stared back at her.

"I can't," I said, "Look for another partner."

An expression of bewilderment took over her face, "WHAT!?!" But I didn't have the time to pay any more attention to her. I knew this was wrong of me, I said yes to being her partner but I didn't think Amara would just disappear.

I thought I could just pair up with both of them!

I frantically pushed through the crowd, my eyes darting from person to person, searching for a glimpse of her familiar figure. Each passing moment without a sight of her only intensified my anxiety, my mind conjuring up a hundred worst-case scenarios.

She didn't leave for the forest on her own, did she?!?

I stood still on the lush hilly area and shot my head around. That's when I noticed that not only Amara, Nico, and Asher weren't there either.

Did all of them go in already?

I pursed my lips and darted my eyes around but once I was sure, they really weren't there, I turned towards the forest and ran in.

The forest felt like a labyrinth of uncertainty, each tree and shadow casting doubt and fear. My attempts to appear nonchalant and unaffected now seemed like a cruel joke, the weight of my actions crashing down on me with a force I hadn't anticipated.

GOD!

I hope I'm wrong. Amara shouldn't be in the forest alone!! This place is a hunting ground, meaning it's full of prey but that also means it's full of predators! I don't even know how far Amara can hear with those aids! Considering how small and petite she is, she can become an easy target!

My heart felt like it was caught in a vice grip. I regretted my foolish attempt to incite jealousy even though I think I succeeded there. It honestly felt nice, to see that she did care despite her saying she didn't want to be with me.

As I continued my frantic search, a sense of helplessness washed over me. The forest seemed to stretch endlessly before me, making me worry even more

"What now?" I sighed, "Where do I even look for her?" I stood amongst the thick trees, "She could have gone in any direction." I folded my arms and tapped my foot on the ground.

I looked around when from the far corner of my eyes I noticed someone familiar

!!!

It looked like it was Amara's back and I didn't waste any time double thinking and sprinted towards the lower direction.

Thank God! I found her! She would only end up in trouble here alone! I shouldn't have pulled that jealousy stunt, that was- I slowed down as a turbulent mix of emotions churned within me as I stumbled upon the unexpected scene in the forest

-foolish of me...

I stopped far away from her. I didn't see wrong, it was Amara who I caught sight of but as I took the view in. My heart seemed to pause for a beat as I took in the sight of her, standing there with another man.

Another Alpha wolf.

He was holding her hands gently, making sure she came down the hill properly with a smile on his face.

Confusion and a pang of jealousy intertwined within me, creating a disorienting blend of sensations. I had searched restlessly for her, my mind consumed by worry and longing, only to find her seemingly at ease with someone else. She had a bright, delightful smile plastered on her face and she held his hands tightly. Then as he helped her down she giggled at him.

Jealousy, sharp and unrelenting, cut through me like a blade.

I held the tree trunk and ended up using a bit too much force gripping it, that it started to crack.

Even after she was on a plain surface he didn't let her hand go and she didn't move hers away. That evoked a sense of possessiveness that I hadn't fully comprehended until that moment. The unease that simmered within me now rose to the surface.

SHE'S MINE!!!

I should be the one by her side! ME! Not some other man she met randomly! Who the hell is he?! Why does he have his hands on my mate?!?

I heard the trunk crack but my eyes wouldn't leave them.

SHIT!

Regret, a heavy and palpable weight, settled over me. I regretted my impulsive choice and the pain it had inadvertently caused. I couldn't deny that I had played a part in this situation with my ill-conceived attempt to provoke jealousy but I didn't think it would play out like this.

She always seemed to have trouble communicating with people so I didn't think someone would be willing to go with her!

My claws popped out in rage and seeped into the tree.

I can't believe this. I chewed my gums in envy.

She's mine and she should be with me!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

47 4 9
Born a leader, only to exist on her own All she knew was how to survive. How to protect herself and the ground she walked on. But an alpha can only d...
2.8M 76.5K 73
Family problems were something Sasha had become accustomed to. An Alpha werewolf mate was something she was definitely not accustomed to. Sasha is a...
3.6K 99 17
Amara Knight is a young pack member of the Silver Moon Pack and best friend to the alpha's baby sister Kaden Black. After her parents death, she had...
14.1K 386 46
Evelyn has everything. She is strong, independent, beautiful and a soon to be alpha. Everyone she comes across either wants to be with her or wants t...