The Destiny of Angels

De Dream-In-Gold

Who is the Killer? Aura breaks into the Hastway Halls to get ahold of her personal record, but instead gets... Mai multe

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Update
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Update 2
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Authors Note

Chapter 31

0 0 0
De Dream-In-Gold

"Is that Lyland's shirt?" My mom asks accusingly when I walk through the door.

"It's Cash's, I got a nose bleed," I explain simply.

"Aura," my mom warns, "you can't keep overdoing yourself that badly. And don't go around wearing Cashel Lupine's shirt, you shouldn't be associating with that kid." Mom's attitude slightly got on my nerves.

"Cash is my friend, kinda," I counter. "What's your problem with Cash?"

"He's the oldest Lupine, yet not going to become the next Duke. That's not normal."

"He's adopted, he's not a Lupine by blood," I argue, as I step closer to her.

"Still that kids been a trouble maker since he was little," she tries to defend her original point.

"Yeah and I would have been too, if I would have known I wasn't related to you."

"Aurilyn, no you wouldn't have," she replies with sympathy.

"Yeah I would have. Not to mention hes an Angel, and I'm a Fallen Angel. I would have been worse then he was, I guarintee that, but someone decided to lie to me instead. Have someone else magically repress most of who I was, so that I would have to deal with it all when I was older," I argue.

"Aura-" she starts.

"Mom, it's fine. Is it okay if I take a small nap before we start lessons? I'm still a little out of it."

"Yeah, it's fine. But why did you overdo yourself like that instead of just enjoying being with Cleo?"

"Because Cleo didn't warn me it would be a full house. She has a new best friend, and Lyland wants nothing to do with me. So I trained instead. Now please stop with the questions, please mom."

"I can't, I'm your mom. What happened with Lyland?"

"I kissed him and we got in a fight," I say with a shrug as I go to walk off.

"You two finally kissed?" she asks. If I didn't know better I would say my mom had a hint of excitement in her voice.

"Yes. Now I'm going to go take a nap, so we can start lessons." I dart out of the room, so I can rest.

When I wake up, Victoria is still in her lessons, so I decide to make myself a snack. Once I finish eating, I wait until I hear the door to mom's office creek open.

Glancing over, I see my little sister walking out. Her straight black hair was pulled back into an elegant bun. Small braids went across her scalp, braided back with purple ribbon and Lagerstroemia leaves. Her dress was a mixture of black velvet petunias and small amethyst stones. She looked royal, high class. Not like the little girl I remembered, but a small goddess. Her thickset body was draped in flowy material, that drags the floor behind her slightly. She was a little short for the dress itself, but she would grow into it.

"You look... nice," I say in confusion.

"I have a meeting with some of the younger members of the upper class. I'm going to be the only one there to stand for the Foreseers," she chimes with confidence. Her smile lifts her full pink cheeks onto her face. She was halfway between beautiful and gorgeous.

"I've never been to one of those meetings," I say in confusion. "When did they start that?"

"They always happened Aurilyn, it's tradition. This is my first year, before me they had some other young Foreseer representing our kind," she explains. "Look Aura, thanks for the compliment, but I've got to go. I can't risk being late." With a small wave, she turns around and scurries off. I watch in silence as my little sister disappears from view, before stepping into mom's office.

"Why did I never go to any young Foreseer meetings?" I question.

My mom sighs heavily, switching her beautiful braid to the opposite shoulder. "Aura.." She starts, before stopping herself and looking away.

"As it stands right now, my sister's more powerful than I am isn't she?" I cut her off.

"She's had consistent training her whole life, but you are at a similar level to her yes," she answers. "Now let's get you caught back up."

"I shouldn't have been behind to begin with," I complain as I sit down in the chair. The only reason I had a chance to get caught up was my Fallen Angel side, giving me more raw power than I would have had. For the first time, I was thankful for my Fallen side. It gave me a raw edge that no one else had.

"I did it to protect you," my mother reasons. Irritation showed on her face, and I knew she was tired of having this same conversation over and over.

"Couldn't you have, I don't know, had them leave my Foreseer powers? Or taught me more of the basics and raw skills when I didn't have my powers," I complain.

"I have been, Aura. You know more than you think you do. You've just been shutting it out, so you when it all comes back you'll move ahead faster. For now, we are just reviewing and practicing the basics."

"I'm done with the basics, it's time to step it up more," I counter.

"Aura, you're already not giving yourself enough time to adjust to using your powers with the basics. You have to learn to balance yourself first, once you learn balance then we can move ahead. Until you prove you'll be responsible, I'm not going to give you more than you can handle."

"Fine, teach me the basics. I'll find a way to learn the rest," I say with a soft grunt. "I'm already learning my Fallen abilities on my own."

"If Cash is an Angel, like you said. He will be able to train you with what he's had to learn on his own. You're powers will be similar enough," she suggests.

"He can turn into animals, my powers not shapeshifting its ti-" I start.

"Time, I know," she cuts me off. "But the basics will be similar. Each type of creation has their own touch when it comes to magic. His will be the same as yours."

"So you want me to hang out with Cash now?" My mom's confusing me.

She lets out a dramatic sigh, "He's going to get how you feel more than I do." I take a minute to look at my mom, she's all dressed up too.

"Are you going to a meeting too?"

"Yes, as soon as I finish training you, so we need to get started." My mother was always dressed nicely, with different stones and flowers adorning her clothes and hair. I guess it makes sense considering she was a high-class Foreseer. Yet today she looks extra dressed up. Her eyes look bright and young. She could easily pass as my sister and not my mom.

"Okay, what are we up to today?" I ask.

She lays out a whole bunch of different objects, flowers, stones, and some weird things that glow across the table. Then she looks at me as if I should know what I'm supposed to do with them. She explains what everything is and how it works. Then she slides a bottle of vitamins across the table.

There are different vitamins, foods, potions, and objects that can enhance our powers. I had already known about the amethyst helping, but I hadn't remembered how it helped. Different types of beings have different things that aid in their powers. These were the things that enhanced our powers.

The vitamins she gave me were to help with endurance and preparation for overdoing powers. Most Foreseers take them every morning, to give them extra energy to make it throughout the day. She explains they will help keep the nosebleeds to a minimum. Plus when I do start to overdo myself, taking an extra one will help me not feel as horrible afterward. "Never take more than two of them in a day," she warns.

She passes me a small satchel to put everything in, and I thank her. Her eyes flicker to her communicator and widen. "Sadly, that's all for right now. I have to do," she quickly spews out. I tell her to go and shoo her out of the room.

(1395words-aug9)

The moment she walked out the door, I left too. I knew my powers weren't much in the way of defense, so I was going to need some help. Weapons were my best bet. A sword, shield, some armor, and maybe a few little knick-knacks here and there.

Finding a weapon store that wasn't sold out would be a problem, and I had no idea who to ask about it. So of course I sent a message to the one person who was going to be on my side about this, Cash.

"I'll come with you, be there in ten," Cash's message read.

I sat outside my doorway for what seems like seconds, before Cash walks out from beside my house. I have no clue how he got here this fast, when he lives a pretty distance away. There he was though, in all his raven haired glory, standing in front of me.

"There's a high class weaponry in between here and the Hathway Halls, come on," he commands as he turns on his heels.

"Thank you," I reply, quickly standing up to follow him.

"You're still in my shirt," he comments without bothering a glance towards me. We walk in silence before he adds, "You're hair looks a mess, do what you can to fix it."

I send a glare toward his back, hoping it would burn right through him. Other than the fact that I did sort of need him to show me where this weapondry was and get me in there. "My hair looks fine," I counter, as I subconsciously mess with it.

"You're high class, look the part," he commands, somewhat harshly. Leave it to Cash to be rude when doing something kind.

"I barely pass for high class," I refute.

"Don't speak so lowly of yourself, Little A," he says with a hint of sweetness.

"Is that your version of a compliment?" I ask. Cash of course fails to waste his time with an answer. He strides along with confidence and power. His head held higher than I would dare hold mine. He truly seems like a Duke, which makes sense seeing as he had been training for that role his whole life. Only for it to be stolen away by blood, a force which we lacked any sort of control over.

Cash carries on, guiding me through the town. Two High Class family members, that bore nothing of their families, what a sight to see.

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

1.6K 104 44
His best friend is shot dead, and the world thinks Metropolitan Police Officer George Reynolds did it. They were in the one place that should've been...
167 3 23
|<>| "You and I are used to dealing with mysteries that live on the page." "There are no bad guys. There are just complicated people who did ba...
2.1K 179 8
When a string of gruesome murders takes over the quiet town of Hawkins, it becomes apparent that it's impossible to know who to trust. Who will be ne...
392K 8.6K 75
• BOOK 1 OF THE ESZTAR SERIES • Reaching upstairs, he hurled me inside his room and closed the door harshly. I stood there shaking with fear. He look...