When the Tide Switches - Rafe...

By svevarossi2

Lillian Bianca Jones and Rafe Cameron have been enemies for as long as they can remember, but when the tide s... More

Prologue
๐ŸซถCHARACTERS๐Ÿซถ
Playlist๐Ÿซถ
Chapter 1- The Boneyard
Chapter 2- Homeboy Likes You
Chapter 3- Thorton Playboy
Chapter 4- Big Revelations
Chapter 5- Mind Games
Chapter 6- For What It's Worth
Chapter 7- My Person
Chapter 8- Heavenly Looks
Chapter 9- Apologies & Discoveries
Chapter 10- He Missed It
Chapter 11- Damage Control
Chapter 12- Dead Past
Chapter 13- Cozy Future
Chapter 14- Revealing Comforts
Chapter 15- A Big Secret
Chapter 16- Stupid Dare
Chapter 17- Meaningful Words
Chapter 18- Love Bomb
Chapter 19- What A Night
Chapter 20- Tough Day
Chapter 21- Party Hustle
Chapter 22- Throwing Up The Past
Chapter 23- Celebration of Love
Chapter 24- Police Sirens
Chapter 26- Open Mouth
Chapter 27- Anger & Panic
Chapter 28- He Did It
Chapter 29- Finally Together
Face-Claim
Chapter 30- Back To Real Life
Chapter 31- Clubbing on the Mainland
Chapter 32- Altruism or Selfishness?
Chapter 33- What The Fuck
Little Update
Chapter 34- Midsummers Fiasco (Part 1)
Chapter 34- Midsummers Fiasco (Part 2)
Chapter 34- Midsummers Fiasco (Part 3)
Editing
Chapter 34- Midsummers Fiasco (Part 4)
Chapter 35- Unmerited Favours
Chapter 36- Harmful Memories
Chapter 37- Used To Saying It
Update
Chapter 38- The Monster's Gone

Chapter 25- The Truth Comes Out

455 7 2
By svevarossi2

Rafe and I quickly get up from his bed and start getting dressed. "Did Topper also get arrested?" I ask Rafe as if it wasn't obvious already. 

"Yeah, he didn't tell me what for," Rafe said quickly with a very nervous tone, he was scrambling to find his keys. He took his phone out for a second, an email notification had just popped up on his screen. He bit his lip and pressed a few buttons on his phone, before closing his eyes. 

"So did the pogues and Sarah," I said while putting on a pair of shorts that I had left at his. "These fucking pogues," Rafe mumbled under his breath. I rolled my eyes at what he had just said, of course, he assumed that it was they're fault. "You know maybe it's Topper's fault," I said and he shook his head. "It isn't," Rafe said firmly as we left his room and jogged down the stairs. "How do you know?" I asked him. "It doesn't matter," he shrugged. 

I looked at him, but for the first time, I couldn't figure him out. 

Literally, a second ago he was telling me how much he loved me and now he was acting different, not rude, just different. 

I stepped into the car and sat down in the passenger seat. He didn't open the door for me, not that I needed him to do that, he just always did. He started driving to the police station, it was pretty far from Tanny Hill so we had a twenty-minute ride ahead of us. 

The ride was quiet, I looked at him a couple of times and saw him take long glances at me as well. "Rafe?" I asked him, wanting to understand what was wrong. "Mhm?" he hummed, I sat up a little and got ready for what I was about to say. "What's wrong?" I ask him looking deeply into his eyes. He looked back at me with a look that I could recognize, a look that he would always have on his face when making up a lie. 

"Nothing I'm just pissed that now we have to bail them all out," Rafe said, now looking at the road so that he wouldn't be looking straight at my eyes when lying to me. I hummed as a response and thought of what to say next. 

"Rafe, you don't have to tell me anything you don't want to, but I'm here and I know that's bullshit," I said to him. He took a closed his eyes for a few seconds and swallowed his saliva. "It's nothing to worry about Lil," Rafe said and I nodded, upset that he shut me down, but I wasn't going to force him to tell me anything he didn't want to. 

A few minutes passed by, the car was quiet and I could feel some tension in the air, making me a little bit nervous. "Have you ever felt like you wanted something, like really really bad?" He asked me and I looked at him confused, he was just staring at the road, lost in his thoughts. 

"I mean yeah-" I said before he interrupted me. "And you thought you would get it, so you got your hopes up." He said and I shrug, I didn't say anything because I knew he wasn't done. "And then, you didn't get it. So all the stories that you made up in your head about it are all things that won't ever happen." Rafe said and I could tell he was done and waiting for my answer. 

"Yeah, of course, I have, everybody has. Like once when I was little, I was convinced that I was going to go to Disneyland for my birthday. I had prepared drawings to hand to the characters and I even made a picture frame to hang pictures in my room. I remember one was Rapunzel themed so that when I met her I would be able to put that picture close to my nightstand." I said before realizing that I was going off trail and not really helping him out. Although I could see that he was listening, looking at me with the same eyes he always did. 

"So then my birthday came and I didn't go to Disney land. I was crying for hours and hours. I was really mad, Donatella, who was at my house to celebrate with us came into my room to talk to me, I remember she said something about having trust, if you really want something, like you really want it, you'll get it. Just don't give up on it, you will have endless chances as long as you keep getting back up." I said. 

Rafe looked at me, a thin line creeping up on his lips, he looked away, I could tell he was still thinking about what I had said. "Did you ever go to Disneyland?" he asked me, I chuckled, surprised by the way he totally changed the subject. 

"No, but it's fine," I said and he smiled at me. 

We finally arrived at the police station. He got out of the car quickly and opened the door for me. I smiled and got butterflies all over again, my Rafe was back. 

I stepped out and started to walk towards the station but he firmly stood in front of me and hugged me. "I'm sorry for being rude." He said to me, his chin positioned on my head. "It's fine, you weren't." I said to him. "Yes, I was. But I'm sorry, really sorry," he said to me. "Rafe stop, you weren't rude. You have nothing to apologize about. I love you." I said and looked up at him. He smiled at him and took my chin, pulling our lips close to one another. He kissed me delicately, his soft lips touched mine and sparks flew in my heart. 

Whenever our bodies touched, it was something electric, giving me the strength to do anything. As long as he was there with me. 

We pulled away and jogged over to the police station's doors. We walked in and an officer asked us what we were doing there. It was odd to see a six-teen-year-old and a nine-teen-year-old in a police station at six a.m. 

"We're here to bail some people out," Rafe said casually and I smiled, trying so hard not to laugh. I don't know why I found this funny. 

"Can I get their names please?" The officer asked us. 

"Topper Thorton, Sarah Cameron, John B Routledge, Kiara Carrera, Jj Maybank, and Pope Heyward." I said to him. 

"Ok, the bail for all of them combined will be 7450, dollars. Topper Thorton committed assault, Jj Maybank committed damage to private property, Pope Heyward and John B Routledge committed assault but to a lower level as it can be addressed as self-defense. Sarah Cameron and Kiara Carrera face the charge of being on the scene of a crime, the bail is minor for that and their criminal records won't be faced, meanwhile, the rest will. What is your relation with the convicts?" I swallowed my saliva at the way he called them convicts, it felt so real. I was stunned to hear the crimes they had committed, I tried to put the pieces together but failed.

"He's Sarah Cameron's brother and we're friends with the rest," I said and Rafe looked at me funny. "I am not friends with them," he whispered in my ear and softly punched his arm. 

"Okay, do you want to make the payment together or separately?" the officer asked the two of us. "Separate," I said, and at the same time, Rafe said "Together," I looked at him with a frown. 

"I'll pay for all," Rafe said to the officer and he nodded. "What no Rafe they're my friends." I said to him. 

"Can we have a minute please," I asked the officer and he nodded. 

"Lillian, Topper is my best friend, Sarah is my sister, the rest are your friends and you're my girlfriend so I'm paying." Rafe said and I looked at him like I didn't know him. "Rafe? You there? They're the pogues? Jj is part of them? " I said trying to bring Rafe back to earth. 

"I know Lil, but I don't want you to pay for your stupid friends. My only condition is that you don't tell them I paid." Rafe said. "Rafe, I can pay, I have the money." I said. "And I don't want you spending it on Jj," Rafe said. "Wait, would you be so jealous of me bailing Jj out that you would do so yourself?" I asked Rafe and started laughing. "Maybe," he shrugged. I laughed really loudly, and the officer coughed, "I don't have all day guys," he said and I stopped laughing immediately. 

"I'm paying," Rafe said and I smiled at him, wow. Rafe was being SO kind. The Rafe I used to know would never spend a dime on the pogues. But he did, for me. I didn't need him to, but I knew he wanted to, for a reason deeper than jealousy, for a reason deeper than him being a man and me being a woman. 

"You said that their criminal records would be faced?" I asked and the officer nodded. "Is there any way to prevent that?" I asked and Rafe and the officer both looked at me confused. "No, sorry," he told me and I shrug. Pope cared about school more than anyone I knew, he and I had always been the smart ones in the friend group. Pope had the dream to get into Harvard, he knew it was a long shot but he had the grades and the curriculum to get a full ride. A criminal record would not help his chances. It would break his dreams into a million pieces. I knew whatever had happened wasn't his fault, I knew he would never start anything. I didn't want his dreams to get ruined just because of Jj or Topper. I knew they were the ones to blame. I pulled out some cash from my wallet, about a thousand dollars. 

"No way?" I asked while I showed him the money. He looked at the money as if it was gold, Rafe meanwhile observed the scene with an open mouth.

_____________________

"What the hell happened?" I yelled at my friends who had just exited their cells. "Frosty here came to the Chateau and started fighting me, someone called the cops on us and here we are," Jj said to me. 

I looked at Jj with a face that didn't buy the story. "What?" Jj asked me. "She doesn't believe your bullshit Jj," Topper yelled and Jj scoffed. 

"Jj here sunk the Malibu," Topper said to me. I looked at Jj with disgusted eyes. "What the fuck Jj," I yelled. 

"It was only because Frosty and your psycho boyfriend assaulted me," Jj said calmly. "So you did it?" I said looking at him deeply in the eyes. "Yes," He shrug, this time the smile was wiped off his face. 

"Why do you think we beat you up huh," Rafe said madly to Jj. "Because you hate me," Jj said to them. 

"Or maybe it's because you said that once Rafe breaks Lillian's heart you would and I quote 'fuck her so hard she'll finally feel pleasure'" Topper said and I looked at him dumbfounded. 

"What?" I said quietly, hoping he was lying. 

"Topper," Rafe said. 

Jj looked at me with guilty eyes and the pogues all looked shocked. 

"You said what?" I yelled at Jj, understanding that Topper had just said the truth.

Notes from the Author: 

Heyyyy! First of all I need to thank you guys for 3k reads!! you guys really make my day with all the comments, votes or simply by reading so THANK YOU! 

With that said thank you so much for reading!!! Please vote or comment if you want to!! Sorry for the late update btw I just got busy. 

Shit's about to happen🤭🤭

Love you all so much!! X!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 13.1K 80
๐˜ช๐˜ต ๐˜ค๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜จ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ธ๐˜ข๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ด, ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ถ๐˜ด ๐˜ข๐˜ธ๐˜ข๐˜บ, ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜จ๐˜ฉ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ธ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ, ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ญ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฆ...
29.1K 407 38
Rafe Cameron is a kook. A well known one too. Y/n Y/l/n is a pouge. A well known one too. Y/n hates kooks and Rafe hates pouges. But could things cha...
233K 2K 43
โ€ขHEAVY EDITING โ€ข MESSED UP STORYLINEโ€ข The summer after their last year of school, When Lane Miller moves back to the Outer Banks for good, she meets...
5.4K 24 18
kaylin parker was born a kook, but lost everything after her mother passed away. now she lives on the cut, and is best friends with the pouges. will...