Your Young Pokemon Horizons

By Silver_Sunlight_Two

On the first day of their Pokémon Journey, (Y/N) (L/N) and Liko are enrolled in the Indigo Academy with Liko'... More

Pendant of Beginnings Part #1.2
Pendant of Begining Part #1.3

The Pendant of Beginnings Part #1

1K 15 2
By Silver_Sunlight_Two

It was the first day of my Pokémon Journey. Fortunately for me, I'm not starting alone. I'm (Y/N) (L/N) and I'm starting my Pokémon Journey at the age of 10, and I'm starting this journey... with school. Oh, and Liko's here as well.

Liko has a light complexion. She has black hair with blue highlights on the inside that is tied with a green clip, fair skin with light blue eyes. She wears a light brown short blazer and skirt, a white dress shirt, a red ribbon, long white socks, brown loafers, and a badge with a leaf emblem.

The two of us were enrolled in the Indigo Academy with the help of Liko's father. We were already in our uniform and quickly approaching the academy.

Liko: There it is.

I noticed a hanging sign with Route 22 written on it.

(Y/N): Well. *Spins Casually Around* It'd be hard to miss even without you pointing it out.

Someone waved towards Liko making her think the girl in the bus stop was waving at her. However, I knew one better as I was looking over her shoulder.

(Y/N): *Calmly* Liko, behind you.

She looked behind herself and with a sheepish smile let the girl by. The two idly sat by chatting as Liko took a seat on the far end. I forced out a sigh as the two talked about how clumsy and shy Liko could be.

(Y/N): Hey!

As awkward as Liko could be, I found it hard to not defend her.

(Y/N): It was not nice to mock people you hardly know.

The two stopped and moved on to different topics, but I know it'll return to me at some point. She looked up at me worried that I might be angry at her for being awkward, but I just sighed. Soon a bus pulled up and opened its door and a Pokémon walked out.

(Y/N): Whoa. *Excited Smile on My Face* Who's that Pokémon?

I pulled out my Rotom Phone and scanned it. The Rotom Phone resembles an orange rectangle with Rotom's electrical discharges, with the new model having an electrical circle.

Pokédex: Machop.

I always keep my Rotom Phone on me just in case I encounter a Pokémon I don't recognize.

Pokédex: The Superpower Pokémon, a Fighting type. Machops' whole body is composed of muscles. Even though it's the size of a human child, it can hurl 100 grown-ups.

Machop is a humanoid, bipedal Pokémon that has blue-gray skin. It has three brown ridges on top of its head, large red eyes, and a relatively flat face. On either side of its chest are three, thin, rib-like stripes. Its feet appear to have no toes, while its hands have five fingers. Machop also has a short, stubby tail.

It kindly offers to put Liko's bag inside the bus which Liko accepts, quickly returns, and takes my bags as well. Liko and I thank the little Pokémon and climb aboard sitting next to each other and enjoying each other's mutual company.

I've always been into Pokémon and that's what brought me all the way here... I think.

Although I'm not so sure what Liko's dad sees in me to send me with Liko. She's always been the smarter of the two of us and even though I do like Pokémon battling there are people tens of thousands folds ahead of me.

(Y/N): Hey, I... had a question.

She looked at me with a curious gaze.

Liko: Yes?

I looked out the window not too sure how to phrase this question.

(Y/N): Why? Why me?

She looked at me, her eyes almost scanning me like I was a chess piece that she would examine time and time again before making her move. Liko's very intelligent but shy and has a really hard time expressing herself. Maybe I just answered my own question. Perhaps it was due to the fact that Liko was able to express herself to me more easily than most.

Liko: B-Because... I trust you...

We drove past a nature reserve and were able to take pictures of some of the Pokémon for future reference. This was both our first time in the Kanto Region and we were simply stunned. Like, I had found it hard to visualize that amount of Pokémon simply here.

~*~*~

We stood in front of the gates of the Indigo Academy as I nudged Liko.

(Y/N): Well, school isn't going to grab us itself.

She gets a determined look and follows me inside. A bit later I found my room conveniently next to Liko's rooms 304 and 303 respectively. Liko and I nodded to each other and entered the room. My roomie seemed to have left the room pretty much pixel-perfect, Liko, however, didn't seem as lucky. She backed out of the room and so did I after placing my bag on the bedside cabinet.

(Y/N): What's wrong?

She looked at me as if it was the strangest thing in the world.

Liko: There... was someone in there...

I guess I forgot to brief her on the fact that we may have to share a room with someone else.

Liko: Perhaps I got the wrong room.

(Y/N): No, you didn't... I just forgot to inform you about the co-ed dorms.

The girl that was to be Liko's dormmate burst out of the room.

???: That ya did! Room 303, yeah?

Liko: U-Uh... y-yes.

Liko began to rumble in her head from that look on her face and I sighed.

Anne: I'm Anne. You must be my new roommate, Liko.

She looked at me confused but smiled anyway.

(Y/N): I'm (Y/N), I'm Liko's friend.

She nodded and the bell rang signaling our first school day in the Indigo Academy. I smiled and the three of us made our way to our first class. We all sat relatively close to each other. The two girls headed inside as I did too as I met my roommate named Ash.

(Y/N): So. *Smiling* You're a Champion rank?

Ash: Rank?

(Y/N): *Smiling* Is it not rank-based in Kanto?

Ash: Nope. *Equally Bright Smile* Where are you from?

I chuckled sheepishly, realizing that maybe Paldea's ranking system was a one-of-a-kind deal.

(Y/N): *Beaming* The Paldea region!

He looked at me and smiled.

Ash: Well, I'm Ash Ketchum. *Directs My Attention to His Shoulder* And this is my partner, Pikachu.

Pikachu is a short, chubby rodent Pokémon with yellow fur, brown stripes, a small mouth, pointed ears, brown eyes, red cheek pouches, short forearms, and three-toed feet. Its tail has a brown fur patch.

(Y/N): Woah! *Pulls Up Rotom Phone* A Pikachu? I've never seen one before!

The phone buzzes to life as it scans the Pokémon before me.

Pokédex: Pikachu, the Mouse Pokémon. An electric type and the evolved form of Pichu. When several of these Pokémon gather, their electricity can build and cause lightning storms.

I smiled.

(Y/N): You and I are going to get along just fine.

Ash: You too! So tell me about the Paldea Region!

(Y/N): Well...

We spent a bit of time explaining to each other about our home regions. First of all, Ash explained how he has been to many regions and here I am just now coming to the Kanto region.

(Y/N): I haven't even caught a Pokémon yet!

Ash: That's alright, that's why you're here anyway!

(Y/N): So tell me, why is a champion here?

Ash: Well, you see...

~*~*~

Ash and his Pikachu were taking part in some battles in which he completely demolished the Machoke he was up against.

Machoke is a blue-gray humanoid Pokémon with a reptilian face, short snout, and red eyes. It has four pointed teeth in its mouth, three brown ridges, muscular arms, and black markings on its lower body. It wears a black and gold power-save belt and has large pectoral muscles.

In a battle between Ash's Pikachu and a Machoke, the electric mouse Pokémon faces what I'd think would be a formidable opponent. As the match begins, Pikachu jumps into action, utilizing its speed and agility to dodge Machoke's powerful punches.

Ash: Okay Pikachu, use Thunderbolt!

Pikachu retaliates with Thunderbolt, targeting Machoke's weakness to electricity. The electric surge hits Machoke, temporarily paralyzing it and allowing Pikachu to gain the upper hand.

However, Machoke quickly recovers, using its immense strength to counterattack with devastating punches and throws. Pikachu, determined to win, employs its quick thinking and resourcefulness to evade and counter Machoke's assaults. The battle becomes a thrilling display of strategy and skill, as Pikachu and Machoke trade blows, each refusing to back down. As the match reaches its climax, Pikachu summons all its strength, unleashing a powerful Volt Tackle.

Ash: Use, Volt Tackle!

The electrifying attack connects with Machoke, overwhelming it with a surge of electricity. Finally, Machoke is defeated, unable to withstand Pikachu's relentless assault.

(Y/N): I want to be able to battle like that!

Anne: *Smiling* You can! After this, we get to pick out our starter Pokémon! Well, how did your interview go?

(Y/N): My interview?

Well, I said out loud and to myself. I tried to keep my eyes out for any starters that were to my liking and showed them my honest self. There's no point in lying because I would easily fall out of any facade I'd make. Out of the ones we are allowed to choose, one did stick out, but I don't know if we are personally allowed to pick our Pokémon.

Once Liko and I opened our eyes two Pokémon were standing before us.

The first was a small, quadrupedal amphibian Pokémon that had blue-green skin with darker patches. It has red eyes with white pupils, pointed, ear-like structures on top of its head, and a short, blunt snout with a wide mouth. A pair of small, pointed teeth are visible in the upper jaw when its mouth is open. Each of its thick legs ends with three sharp claws. On its back is a green plant bulb.

The other is a bipedal, reptilian Pokémon with a primarily orange body and blue eyes. Its underside from the chest down and the soles of its feet are cream-colored. It has two small fangs visible in its upper jaw and two smaller fangs in its lower jaw. A fire burns at the tip of this Pokémon's slender tail.

Their trainers come to collect them as they take their leave but not before apologizing to the two of us. Liko was on my shoulders and I held her protectively. 

~*~*~

Today was a day fulla firsts!

I was writing inside my Rotom Phone which expanded into a journal in size. Ash was fast asleep and I was in some form of peace.

Liko is shy as ever, but hopefully, I can work to change that. Yes, Liko has made a new friend, but that didn't stop me from making one myself. Living on my own doesn't really scare me as every Pokémon trainer has to do it at some point. World Champion. That's my dream if it wasn't clear. I'm so excited that I never want to sleep until then.

I turned around seeing Ash fast asleep with Pikachu on his shoulder. If he nudges the mouse too hard, I'll have to deal with an electrocuting mouse Pokémon. I turned back around and chuckled.

In any case, tomorrow, I'll get to meet my Partner Pokémon.

I looked at the chibi drawing of Ash and his Pikachu alongside a Pokéball.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

433K 10.9K 60
𝐋𝐚𝐝𝐲 𝐅𝐥𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐇𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐝𝐨𝐧, 𝐝𝐚𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐥-𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝, 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐢𝐦𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐥𝐲, 𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐥-𝐫...
383K 14.4K 44
ဤ Fic သည် အရမ်းရိုင်းစိုင်းသော အသုံးအနှုန်းတွေကိုသာသုံးထားသော Big Warning 🚨18+ Fic တပုဒ်ဖြစ်သည် ။
1M 40.2K 93
𝗟𝗼𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗳𝗶𝗿𝗲, 𝗹𝘂𝗰𝗸𝗶𝗹𝘆 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗵𝗲𝗿, 𝗔𝗻𝘁𝗮𝗿𝗲𝘀 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 �...
711K 26.2K 101
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...