Girl Crush

By obxfan11227

Madelyn Cline recently broke up with her boyfriend. She's looking to focus on herself and bounce back from th... More

Characters
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20

Part 4

598 26 0
By obxfan11227

MADELYN

💌

Madelyn awoke abruptly, sweating and confused. To her surprise, she was still at Gracie's house, on her couch, Mamma Mia was playing for the second time on the TV. Madelyn checked her phone, it was 12:39 AM. Gracie was sleeping peacefully with her head in Madelyn's lap, the rest of her body crumpled tightly.

Madelyn smiled at this sight. She didn't remember falling asleep, but she knew that Gracie probably purposely laid on her which made Madelyn feel warm inside again. Then, she felt a pit in her stomach. Once again, her anxiety was getting the best of her. Madelyn really liked Gracie, but she couldn't wrap her mind around Gracie liking her back, in a friend way or even in a more than a friend way. She needed to get out before she panicked, something Madelyn had been doing more recently. When she felt even the slightest bit of anxiety, she needed to remove herself from the situation and get fresh air.

Madelyn gently picked up Gracie's head and attempted to wriggle free, trying not to wake her. Gracie sighed and turned over, her eyes closed and her head resting on Madelyn's thigh.

"Sorry." Madelyn whispered, her hands placed on Gracie's head. She managed to lift Gracie's head up just enough to get out from under her.

"Stay." Gracie whispered back. Madelyn couldn't tell if she was actually awake or still slightly asleep.

"I have to go." Madelyn said, immediately feeling bad. She stood up, but before she could walk away, Gracie grabbed her hand and squeezed it. Madelyn felt as the squeeze shot through her body, easing her anxiety. She took a deep breath, unsure of whether to stay or go. Madelyn knew she'd feel better if she woke up in her own bed in the morning.

Gracie didn't drop Madelyn's hand, her eyes were closed again. She looked so sweet and calm to Madelyn, her dark brown hair now messy and over her face. Madelyn rubbed her thumb over Gracie's hand, signaling for her to let go.

"Text me." Gracie whispered, squeezing Madelyn's hand once more before letting it go.

Madelyn smiled subtly. "I will."

Madelyn watched as Gracie quickly fell back asleep. She gathered her belongings and put her shoes on. Madelyn gave a quick pet to Weenie on her way out. Her mind started to race as she drove home. She couldn't believe that Gracie wanted to hang out with her. The feelings she had for Gracie only grew stronger, but Madelyn knew she would be absolutely destroyed if Gracie didn't like her back in that way. She rubbed her eyes and tried to think about other things to ease her worries.

GRACIE

💌

Gracie woke up the next morning in the same position on the couch, Weenie cuddled next to her, not Madelyn. She was somewhat disappointed that Madelyn left last night, but she totally understood. Last night was their first official time hanging out, and expecting her to stay over would've been asking a lot. Gracie felt happy, being with Madelyn was easy and fun. She really liked her, and it was different with her than any other friends Gracie had. She texted Madelyn but didn't get a response right away. She watched her phone closely as she ate breakfast, cleaned her house, and took Weenie for a walk, awaiting a response.

Gracie

hey, I had a lot of fun with you last night!

did u make it home ok?

About 2 hours later, her phone dinged. Gracie's heart was beating faster which confused her. Yes, she liked Madelyn, but did she like like her?

Maddie

hi!! yeah, sorry I took off last night. I had a lot of fun too!

Gracie

dw! we should hang out again soon

I'm having a get together/drinks/dinner situation at my place tmr

u should come

Gracie immediately regretted sending that text. She felt as if she was coming off too strong to Madelyn, but she wanted to be around her, and she knew her friends would like Madelyn as well.

Maddie

thanks for inviting me!

I'd love to come

Gracie

Yay!!

bring friends if u want

see you tmr 💗

Gracie was so relieved that Madelyn said yes and felt really glad that their friendship was working out. She wanted Madelyn to like her and was planning for this party to be absolutely perfect for Madelyn and friends, but mostly Madelyn.

MADELYN

💌

Although Madelyn was still feeling some anxiety about liking Gracie, was was excited to go back to her place tomorrow. Being with Gracie felt so safe and secure to her. Gracie told her to bring friends, so she decided to text Madison.

Mads Cline💋🍸

hey

I have updates

Mads Bailey👯‍♀️💅

oooh

do tell

Mads Cline💋🍸

gracie fell asleep in my lap last night when we were watching a movie

Mads Bailey👯‍♀️💅

omfg

cutest thing ever

Mads Cline💋🍸

she also invited me to a get together/dinner tomorrow

she said to bring friends

Mads Bailey👯‍♀️💅

am I the friend aren't I

Mads Cline💋🍸

will u come

pls

Mads Bailey👯‍♀️💅

ofc I'll come

need to meet the girl u have a fat crush on

Mads Cline💋🍸

shut up

Mads Bailey👯‍♀️💅

😏

Mads Cline💋🍸

thank u Bailey

ur the best

Mads Bailey👯‍♀️💅

see u tmr, love ya

Mads Cline💋🍸

love u too

It was the next day and Madelyn was extremely nervous. It wasn't like it was a date or anything, but it felt like a big deal to her. Madison arrived at Madelyn's place as Madelyn was still getting ready. She put flowy white pants on and a tight black top with an open back. Her hair was slicked back and pulled into a claw clip. She put makeup on as her and Madison talked.

"So, are you gonna make a move tonight?" Madison joked.

Madelyn giggled nervously.

"C'mon, it's obvious that you both like each other." Madison said.

Madelyn powdered her nose. "I don't wanna ruin anything. We just started being friends like 3 seconds ago."

Madison shrugged. "Ok, whatever you say." She teased.

Madelyn finished up her makeup and grabbed a few things before heading to Gracie's house in Madison's car. She brought a bottle of wine and a cheese plate with her, which Madison teased her for.

"I'm being nice!" Madelyn said, attempting to defend herself.

"This just shows me that you wanna kiss her." Madison said, laughing quietly to herself.

Madelyn blushed and turned away from Madison. "You're not wrong." She whispered.

"What was that?" Madison joked, putting her hand to her ear.

"Be quiet before I un-invite you." Madelyn said with a small smile of embarrassment on her face.

The two girls laughed and joked for the rest of the ride. They arrived at Gracie's and noticed that there were already a few cars there. Before getting out, she looked in the fold down mirror in the car to check her makeup.

"Do I look ok?" She asked Madison.

"Girl, you look hot as fuck." Madison replied.

Madelyn looked down, slightly embarrassed that she was trying so hard for Gracie.

"Thanks babe. Let's go." Madelyn said as both girls stepped out of the car carrying the wine and cheese.

They walked up to the door and Madelyn rang the doorbell, Weenie running up to the window and barking.

"Holy shit, that's the cutest dog I've ever seen." Madison exclaimed.

"I know right, that's Weenie." Madelyn replied.

Madelyn watched as Gracie excitedly ran up to the door. She was wearing a long summery striped dress. Her long hair bounced with every step she took. Gracie smiled widely as she opened the door and brought Madelyn in for a hug.

"Oh my god, I'm so glad you're here!" She said.

"Hi! This is the other Maddie, Maddie this is Gracie." Madelyn said, pointing to Madison.

"Hi, I know you! My two Outer Banks queens..." She said, hugging Madison tightly.

"So nice to meet you!" Madison replied.

"You didn't have to bring this!" Gracie said, pointing to the wine.

"Oh, it's ok. You can never have enough wine and cheese." Madelyn said.

Gracie took the bottle and plate from Madelyn's hands.

"Come in, everyone is on the patio." Gracie motioned for the girls to come inside.

Madison and Madelyn followed behind her and went outside where at least 10 other people were sitting, drinking, eating and listening to music. Gracie introduced everyone and they all sat down. Madison decided to mingle with a few other people to let Gracie and Madelyn sit together.

Madelyn couldn't stop smiling as Gracie poured her a glass of wine and sat down next to her. They talked amongst themselves and also with a few other people. A few more people showed up soon after.

Gracie put her arm around Madelyn and gave her a small hug from the side.

"I missed you!" Gracie said with a smile.

Madelyn giggled, she could barely contain her excitement. She watched as Madison eyed her from across the yard with a big grin on her face.

"I missed you too!" Madelyn replied.

Weenie ran up to Madelyn and started to nudge his nose against her legs.

"This boy is obsessed with you..." Gracie said.

"I'm more obsessed with him, he's fucking adorable I just wanna squeeze him." Madelyn responded.

They both laughed and pet the dog.

The group talked and ate for a few hours, but Gracie didn't leave Madelyn's side. It was like they were glued at the hip. Madison noticed this, and she also noticed how happy Madelyn was. She missed seeing her smile since she broke up with Jackson.

Madelyn enjoyed how touchy Gracie was, in a friend way of course. But she was always hugging her and touching her knees and arms. She just wanted to stay in this moment forever.

• • • •

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.8K 907 18
Stacie is a sophomore in high school whose main concern should be passing all of her classed. However, even though she's only ever liked one girl, sh...
91.9K 1K 26
gillian cline's career is starting off strong. a new journey with unexpected turns and twists begins. what will happen when she suddenly falls for on...
6.9K 375 22
Mia Predergrast has been crushing on Joanna McIntosh, a popular art student at school, since she knew her. But what she didn't know was that her cru...
14.7K 319 55
a story about two people that have fought way too hard for their loved ones. two people that knew they were soulmates the moment they landed their ey...