𝐂𝐎𝐒𝐌𝐈𝐂 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 ! [ rhy...

By midnight_ink_

❛ a falling star fell from your heart and landed in my eyes ❜ ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ⬩❖⬩ ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ "How . . ." She was at a loss... More

𝐂𝐎𝐒𝐌𝐈𝐂 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 !
𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐎𝐍𝐄 , 𝐀𝐂𝐎𝐓𝐀𝐑 !
𝐢. christmas cheer !
𝐢𝐢. the spring court ?
𝐢𝐢𝐢. welcome , feyre !
𝐢𝐯. kitchen mishaps !
𝐯. a ride with a demon !
𝐯𝐢. the suriel !
𝐯𝐢𝐢. the truth ( sort of ) !
𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. tamlin sucks at flirting !
𝐢𝐱. amarantha's first strike !
𝐱. bonding time !
𝐱𝐢. night in shining armor !
𝐱𝐢𝐢. angels and faeries !
𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐢. the solstice !
𝐱𝐢𝐯. high lord of the night court !
𝐱𝐯. family trees !
𝐱𝐯𝐢. amarantha's plaything !
𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢. child of faerie and angel !
𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. a sadistic genie !
𝐱𝐢𝐱. the first task !
𝐱𝐱. give and take !
𝐱𝐱𝐢. love and lust !
𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐢. upwards and onwards !
𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐓𝐖𝐎 , 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐄𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐍 !
𝐢. nightmares and daydreams !
𝐢𝐢. welcome to velaris !
𝐢𝐢𝐢. the city of starlight !
𝐢𝐯. pieces of history !
𝐯. rita's !
QUICK QUESTION (will be removed)
𝐯𝐢. drunken memories !

𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐢. welcome home !

2.2K 141 32
By midnight_ink_

𝐂 𝐎 𝐒 𝐌 𝐈 𝐂   𝐋 𝐎 𝐕 𝐄   !

𝙲 𝙷 𝙰 𝙿 𝚃 𝙴 𝚁   𝚃 𝚆 𝙴 𝙽 𝚃 𝚈   𝚃 𝙷 𝚁 𝙴 𝙴   !

𝔴𝔢𝔩𝔠𝔬𝔪𝔢 𝔥𝔬𝔪𝔢 ! )

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ⬩❖⬩ ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

          𝐅𝐄𝐘𝐑𝐄 𝐖𝐎𝐊𝐄 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐀 𝐆𝐀𝐒𝐏.

Ana smiled down at her friendher sisterbrightly and warmly. While Feyre's body had changed into that of a High Fae, she still looked like Feyre. The Feyre she'd befriended and the Feyre she loved. She had that ethereal beauty and that grace of the High Fae, but her eyes and her hair and her expressions were the same. She was still Feyre.

She blinked, looking around, then began to sit up. Ana placed a hand on her back, helping her to sit, and laughed softly at her stunned expression. "Hey, there."

"You're alive?" Feyre blinked, rubbed her eyes, then blinked again. "You have wings?"

Ana frowned. What? She looked over her shoulder and nearly screamed when she saw what Feyre had been talking about. Stretching from her back, beautiful and magnificent and powerful, were a pair of angel wings. The white feathers were so pure in color, they practically glowed. 

"So that's why my shoulders felt heavier. Huh, guess I found the angel part." She shook her head with a laugh. "I'll have to get used to that."

Feyre chuckled, though she still seemed freaked. Her eyes turned to Tamlin (though she didn't look at his face), who was looking at her with such love, it almost made Ana sick. She still hated him for what he did, but she didn't voice her opinion. Instead, she leaned back against Rhys's legs, the High Lord laughing softly at her actions.

"It was the only way we could save you," he said.

Feyre's eyes landed on the wall that Amarantha was impaled on. She seemed to forget that the crowd was there, celebrating at the death of the faerie. "Are you"

"See for yourself," Tamlin said. Feyre looked to where the golden mask was lying, her eyes wide. "Feyre."

Tamlin cupped her chin between his fingers and lifted her head. 

Ana had to be honestTamlin was as ugly as she predicted. Despite the High Fae beauty, he looked as horrible as Ana had believed he would. And it didn't help that he had a tan line in the shape of his mask staining his skin. She nearly laughed when his mask fell, but held it in for the sake of others. 

Slowly, the blonde stood with the help of Rhys's hands on her waist. She was still exhausted from using so much powerso much natural and unhinged power. It would take a few minutes for her to be able to stand on her own, and even longer for her to be able to walk by herself. The wings on her back remained relaxed, but they didn't pull at the muscles on her back. They just rested on the ground, a gentle pressure along her body.

Rhys leaned close, his lips brushing her ear and sending a buzz through her body. "Your wings are beautiful," he whispered. "Just like you."

Ana blushed crimson. "You flirt."

She allowed herself to lean into his embrace for a moment. Just a moment, before the chaos would erupt and meetings would be held. She just allowed herself that moment to relax, to be there with him.

Just a moment.

⎯⎯⎯⎯ ⬩❖⬩ ⎯⎯⎯⎯

What occurred after was utter and complete chaos. But in the best way possible. 

A celebration was held that night, with faeries either leaving the mountain entirely or taking a moment to embrace those they loved. The faeries that had been on Amarantha's side had fled, along with Lucien's brothers, but Ana knew they wouldn't get far. Not if the faeries of Prythian had anything to say about it.

Aurelia had tackled Ana in a tight hug, careful of her wings. "You scared the shit out of me! I'm so happy you're alive."

Ana held Aurelia just as tightly. "Me, too."

"Loving the wings, by the way," Aurelia said as she pulled out of the hug. "And the ears. Actually, I'm just loving how you look right now. Like a High Faeethereal. If I weren't straight, I'd jump you now."

Ana laughed, throwing her head back with a grin. She heard Rhys chuckling behind her. "Oh, Auri. I love you for that."

Aurelia looked between Ana and Rhys, noting the look on the High Lord's face. "I'm going to join some of the Spring Court members. See me before you leave, okay?"

They hugged once more before Aurelia ran off to join the crowd that was hugging and kissing Tamlin and Feyre. Ana curled her lip at the Spring Lord. He was truly useless.

"I couldn't agree more," Rhys said, his arms sliding around her waist. "Once all of the chaos of today is over, meet me at the balcony by my room. I'll be waiting."

He pressed a kiss to her cheek before disappearing in a cloud of darkness. Ana smiled to herself, her fingers pressing against the tingling skin, before she joined the celebrations. 

The meetings followedquick and tense with the High Lords sorting out the next steps. Ana stood along the sides of the throne room, listening to every word that was spoken and helping Feyre adjust to everything new about her body. For Ana was the only one who could understand it. She, too, was going through changesher body was that of High Fae, but with a few mortal tweaks. Her ears were softly furred into points, not exactly High Fae, but not human. Her limbs were longer, her steps graceful, and her body filled to the brim with natural beauty. But she still had her human eyes, her human smile, and her human heart despite not being human. 

At some point in the night, she'd somehow figured out how to draw in her wings. It took a moment of concentration before her wings folded in and disappeared, easily reforming with another thought. She kept her wings concealed, however, not yet knowing how to fly and not wanting to hurt them in any way. She'd have to speak with the seelies who could fly to know how to use them.

After the meeting, Ana visited Feyre in her room. Tamlin was nowhere to be seen, apparently still meeting with some allies on his own, leaving the girls to their own devices. Ana entered the room silently and sat beside Feyre, who seemed to still be in shock.

"Hey," she whispered, nudging the girl. "What's going on in that mind of yours?"

Feyre sighed. "I killed him. I killed you. And now I'm rewarded with this new life while he's dead. Gone forever. A family lost their son. Friends lost their friend. And yet here I am, alive and well. It doesn't seem fair."

Ana wrapped an arm around the girl, pulling her into a side hug. "And it isn't. But that's the thing about life. It's so far from being fair. It's not fair you get to live and he doesn't. It's not fair that you went through all of that and Tamlin is the one getting praise. It's not fair that everyone has to go on living while others have died. Nothing in life is fair. But that's what makes life life."

Feyre leaned into Ana's hold. "I don't know how to feel."

"And that's okay." Ana rubbed her arm. "You wanna know something?" Feyre nodded. "I felt the same after the two wars I fought in. My entire life has been surrounded by deatheither my friends' deaths or my enemies. And after the war, despite knowing what it was like to take a life, I didn't know how to feel. Guilty? Proud? Depressed? But you know what helped? Spending time with friends and family. Finding the good in life, and realizing that despite all the bad I've done, I can still feel the good."

"How are you so calm?" Feyre asked.

Ana shrugged. "Honestly? I'm freaking out about everything. But I know that at least for now, everything will be okay. Amarantha is dead, I killed her myself so I know that to be true. Prythian is free. And I've become my true self without having to give up my family."

Feyre hummed. "So you're saying I should look for the good things and not focus on the bad? Even after all the bad I've done?"

Ana nodded. "That's exactly what you should do." She then remembered something. "Oh, I have something for you." Ana pulled a necklace from her pocket. It was a thin silver chain with a singular soft pink gem at the end. The gem caught the light, glowing faintly with magic. "My friend Magnus gave it to me when I voiced my concern about not being around you when you'd need me the most."

She handed it to Feyre, who studied it intently. "What is it?"

"An enchanted necklace," Ana explained. "If you ever need me and I'm not there, just touch the gem and speak. It can be in your head, or out loud, but I'll hear you. And if you're ever in trouble, just hold tightly to the necklace and I'll know. And I'll be there. I promise you."

Feyre smiled at Ana. The first real smile since waking up. "Can you put it on for me?"

Ana nodded and took the necklace. Feyre moved her hair and Ana draped the necklace around her neck, clipping it in the back. Once it was on, Feyre turned to Ana and placed her hand on the gem. Thank you.

Ana grinned. You're welcome.

The door opened and Tamlin walked in, looking stressed. Ana instantly curled her lip in disgust. Damn, I wish he'd put that mask back on.

Feyre gave her a look. You know I can still hear you, right?

Ana's eyes widened. Sorry. Um, but at least you don't have to worry about me stealing your guy. She looked at Tamlin, who seemed to have a similar amount of dislike toward her as she had toward him. "I'll leave you two to it." Ana patted Feyre's arm. "Let me know if you need anything."

She bumped Tamlin's shoulder as she walked out of the room, chuckling to herself when he stumbled. High Lord and yet such a fucking idiot.

⎯⎯⎯⎯ ⬩❖⬩ ⎯⎯⎯⎯

That night, Ana dreamed of Raziel.

This wasn't the first time the angel had visited her in her dreams. No, she'd been visited once before after escaping Viktor. He'd been the one to lead her to Brooklyn so she could start training as a Shadowhunter. But the dream had been brief and Ana had barely been coherent during it, so she barely remembered it at all.

But now, standing before the great ball of light, Ana could remember the dream as if she'd had it seconds ago. The magic of angels, she supposed. 

"You've reached your full potential, I see," the angel spoke, his voice many and one at the same time. Much like the Suriel's. "And did it your own way."

Ana nodded. "I could never give up my family. Turns out all I needed was a bit of closure and some good advice to finally break free." She bit her lip, fingers twisting together. "So, now that Amarantha is gone and Prythian is free . . . does that mean I'm going back to my other world?"

She needed to know if it was possible for her to move between worlds. She wanted to keep both of her familiesthe ones who raised her and the ones who saved her. She couldn't live without either now that she'd made them both. And if she had to choose . . . 

In one world lived her Parabatai. Her best friend and soul sister. Izzy and her were one, and she could never live without her other half. But in the other world . . .

In the other world lived Rhysand. The High Lord of the Night Court with whom she had a deep connection with. A bond. A bargain. He'd somehow managed to wriggle his way into her heart, and she never wanted him to leave. She never wanted to leave him.

There was a deep chuckle. "My dear, you were born in Prythian. The real question should be will you ever return to the other world?" Ana stiffened. "And the answer is yes. Since you found a way to unleash yourself without giving up your Shadowhunter world, you will be able to travel between worlds whenever you want. Just think of being in one, and you will be. Think of the other, and you'll be there. Perks of angelic power mixing with that of the High Fae."

Ana could feel herself bursting at the seems with happiness. She didn't have to leave anyone. And she could keep her bargain with Rhys.

"That's a relief." Ana stopped, another question coming to mind. "Will I . . . will I ever meet my parents?"

Raziel sighed. "That is for you to decide, my dear. I cannot predict if you will or will not. The future is a living, breathing thing that can change at any moment. You must decide on whether you will see them or won't."

Ana brushed her hair from her face. "Okay." A gentle tug at her heart had her frowning. "What in the?"

"I believe a certain someone is trying to grab your attention," Raziel said, amused.

Ana's eyes widened. "Rhys!"

Instantly, she was awake, the loud laughter of Raziel fading into nothing. Ana rushed from the room she'd taken and began weaving through the halls until she reached Rhys's floor, where the balcony was located. It didn't take her long to find it, and when she did, she was greeted with bright sunlight and a warm breeze. 

Ana sighed with delight as she walked further onto the balcony, leaning against the railing. "Oh, how I've missed you, sun."

"And what about me?" The blonde turned to find Rhys leaning on the railing beside her, looking more relaxed than before. "Did you miss me?"

Ana hummed. "Well, considering I saw you a few hours ago . . . yeah, I did miss you." She leaned her head on his arm. "Today was . . . something. I died, momentarily, then woke up as a full fae-angel hybrid with wings that I luckily learned how to make disappear. And I saw what Tamlin looks like, which will now be my sleep paralysis demon." Rhys chuckled. "And Feyre died, and I killed Amarantha, and . . . wow."

He nodded. "Today was something." He rested his head atop her own. "I'm off to the Night Court. My family is waiting for me at the townhouse."

She would be returning to her other world soon enough. "Will you fly?"

"No. It would take too long," he said, though there was a longing in his voice. "And you? Where are you off to?"

She shrugged. "I'm going to see Feyre off, along with Auri, then I'll be returning to my other world." She ran a finger along his arm, taking in the feel of his tunic against her skin. "But I'll be back. We still have that bargain."

Rhys's voice was light with amusement. "Ah, yes. Two weeks a month for you to spend with me. A beautiful bargain, if I do say so myself."

Ana laughed, nudging him. "Who's the one who made it, though?" He chuckled. "I'll miss you, though. While I'm gone. I've become quite attached to you, you know?"

There was a gentle pressure atop her head, and she realized he'd kissed her hair. "I'll miss you, too, Ana darling. I've grown rather fond of you in the time spent with you. Though, I think anyone would after knowing you. You're quite likable."

She perked a brow despite him not seeing it. "Oh, am I?"

He nodded with a hum. "Yes, you are. If you weren't a halfling, I'd claim you to be a siren."

"Is the High Lord Rhysand of the Night Court complimenting me?" she teased, backing up to meet his eyes. His eyes, so full of light and laughter and stars. She loved his eyes. "Well, if I didn't know you were a High Fae, I'd claim you to be a vampire. With how charming and alluring you are."

He smirked. "Oh, really?" She nodded. "I don't know what a vampire is, but I will take it as a compliment." His eyes fogged over for a moment, and he sighed. "I better be off. Don't want to keep them waiting."

Ana smiled and pushed herself onto her toes, pressing a kiss to his cheekdangerously close to his mouth. "Say hello to Mor, Amren, and the idiots for me."

He chuckled. "I will." He then turned serious. "Stay safe. I'll see you in two weeks."

She nodded. "See you in two weeks."

Rhysand gave her one last smile, and a kiss on the forehead, before he disappeared into the shadows, leaving Ana alone on the balcony.

She breathed in the fresh, sunny air and smiled. "Time to go home."

⎯⎯⎯⎯ ⬩❖⬩ ⎯⎯⎯⎯

Commuting between the worlds was as easy as Raziel had claimed. Ana thought about the Shadowhunter world, took a step, and found herself in the Institute. It was the same as she remembered, filled with activity and conversation. Shadowhunters passed her, greeting her with smiles and "welcome back" waves. She smiled in return, and set off to find her friends. 

She found Alec and Clary first. The two were sparring in one of the rooms, going hand-to-hand with what seemed like no rules. Just as Alec managed to swipe Clary's legs from her feet, Ana made herself known. "Damn, Clary. I thought I taught you better than that."

The redhead was on her feet in an instant, tackling Ana in a tight hug. "Anastasia Petrova Fallon! I missed your ass!"

"Just my ass or . . . ?" Clary gave her a look. "I missed you, too, Clary." The redhead let her go after a long minute, Alec replacing her. He nearly picked Ana up in the hug, his chin resting atop her head. "Hey, Alec."

"By the Angel, don't scare us like that again." He squeezed her tightly and kissed her head before stepping away. "Seriously. We missed you so much. But we're glad you're back."

"Who's back?" Jace joined the group, his eyes growing wide at the sight of Ana. "Ana!"

He brought her into a bear hug, nearly squeezing the air from her lungs. Ana laughed as she patted his back. "Jace. Glad to see you're still a hugger."

He let go. "Only for you."

It didn't take the others long to find them, laughing and joking around by the practice room. She received hugs and smiles from Magnus, Simon, and Izzy before the group decided to move to a more comfortable place and continue the reunion.

Ironically, they chose the room that Ana had first gone missing in. They sat down on the couches and chairs, easily slipping into their old habits.

As Ana looked around at her friendsher familyall laughing and enjoying themselves, she felt her heart warm. To think the world had expected her to give all this up just to become her true self? She'd rather remain locked up Under the Mountain for the rest of her life than give up these people. The people who raised her and made her who she was now. The people who were a family to her, and who always managed to look out for her whenever she couldn't do so herself. They were family, and she'd never let them go.

"So," Izzy said, turning the conversation to Ana, "tell us about this Rhysand guy."

"Oh, my god."

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ⬩❖⬩ ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

𝐀 𝐔 𝐓 𝐇 𝐎 𝐑 𝐒   𝐍 𝐎 𝐓 𝐄   !

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ⬩❖⬩ ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

We've officially reached the end of Act One. Before I start writing Act Two, I'm gonna go back through this half and edit things and just correct any mistakes I made. Then, I will begin on Act Two, which will be between the end of ACOTAR and the start of ACOMAF. It will take place in the Shadowhunter world, with the Inner Circle traveling to this world and seeing things differently. Of course, there'll be drama and love and battles, so buckle up buttercups.

The necklace that Ana gave Feyre is sort of the replacement for the bargain tattoo. It is how Ana will know Feyre is going through it, and will be able to know that Feyre doesn't want to get married. Does all that make sense? It should, I hope.

Anyways, I had so much fun writing this first half. Watching Ana grow and form relationships was so cathartic for me. And the ending of this half has me bubbling with excitement. Like, Ana and the Inner Circle? Yes please. You can bet your asses Amren will love her, Mor will LOVE her, and Azriel and Cassian will want to fight her to see if she is better than them. And Rhys, obviously, loves her the most.

GAH

I can't wait.

Please comment and vote!

Love you all so so so so much!

~ a.h.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

583 11 13
The war's aftermath hangs heavy - a landscape of grief, shattered lives, and the slow reconstruction of a world in ruins. Amidst the ashes, some find...
28.1K 1.7K 92
Life in the Night Court is difficult for Lysander Marzena between juggling his official duties and personal affairs. As a high-ranking Illyrian warri...
31.1K 630 14
|| Highest ranking: #9 in protection ⚔️ #1 in A Court Of Thorns and Roses🌹 #7 in Sarah J Maas 🧝🏼‍♀️ || "What?" Rhys asked, frowning at Mor. She s...
17.8K 495 25
A Cassian and Azriel pairing. There is unrest in the Illyrian camps, and a troubling silence from the Hewn City. Azriel hasn't been able to get his s...