The Rival's Sister

By poemsarebest

πšˆπ™°π™½π™³π™΄πšπ™΄! πšπ™°π™½π™Ώπ™Ύ π™΄π™³π™Ύπ™Άπ™°πš†π™° πš‡ πšπ™΄π™°π™³π™΄πš The Guild arrives in Japan but with a person more t... More

Ι―Ξ±ΙΎΙ³ΞΉΙ³Ι Κ‚!
First Meeting
In The Book
Back In Reality
The Cafe Break
Meeting The Agency
A Real Date
The Argument
It's For Her
The News
My Room
It Wasn't A Dream
He's No Fun
Hide And Seek [Halloween Special!!!]
Search Is On

Tea In The Candlelight

165 7 6
By poemsarebest

"Bolded"- English

"Normal"- Japanese

~Y/n's POV~

Where is it then? Where is my phone?

I haven't gone anywhere today so I should have not lost it.

Not like I normally lose my things.

The electricity is out and the power box is outside.

Who the hell thought that this is a great place to put it?

I mean, in horror games and films, people think it is a perfect place.

But in real life, this is the shittiest idea ever.

Like, it's winter and your power goes out.

Now you have to put layers of clothes on just to go and get the power back on.

Alright. No phone, no lights.

How am I supposed to know where I'm going?

This isn't like in America, where I know the way in the house perfectly.

Right now, it's dark and I'm in Japan.

Do we even have any candles in here?

Probably not.

However, I believe that I bought some when we were doing the first shopping.

Well, I was alone that time but that's not the point.

When we were back in our country, we had candles in the kitchen.

Of course, Ed had some in his room too and his cabinet, where he used to work so he never had a problem with power outages.

I'm sure that right now he probably enjoys the candlelight and writing since he doesn't have any goddamn lights in that weird room of his.

I try to walk to the kitchen, following the walls but stumbling many times at the progress.

Finally, I'm in the kitchen and I try to walk forward but it doesn't end well.

I hit my toe on the aisle in the middle of the kitchen and ended up cursing the hell out of it.

When I'm done with screaming, I finally reach the cupboard I was thinking about.

It's one of the higher ones so I have to just try and somehow find things by touching everything in there.

It's not too high for me but the thing is that it was placed after Ed's height and he's much taller than me plus currently it's almost pitch black in here.

After about three minutes of trying to find the candles, I succeeded.

I take the pack of small candles out of the cupboard and close it.

As for matches, I know exactly where to find those. We keep them in the living room on top of the fireplace.

We haven't used it yet but since in America we always had them in there, I figured it would be nice to have them in here as well.

So, I start making my way back to where Ranpo is, this time doing it much faster.

With the candles in my hand, I walk up to where I think the fireplace should be and grab the matches. I got the quite easily.

Finally, I can sit down and light the candles. That's exactly what I do.

Placing about four candles - no, exactly four candles - on the table, I light them up with the matches.

There is finally some light. Not much but it will suffice until the power comes back.

"You didn't get the power on?" Ranpo asks, leaning forward and I shake my head.

"Nope. The box is outside and I don't wanna go out right now. So I hope you don't have anything against the candles," I sigh and the man tilts his head.

"Why should I have anything against candles?" is his question, making me shrug.

"I dunno. Some people might hate it. Good to know that you don't," I smile.

I don't know how it comes out in the candlelight because the light may give my face some weird shadows.

"So, uh, should we talk about something?" Ranpo suddenly asks, trying to break the silence that was growing between us.

"Like what? I would like to talk but to be honest, I'm not sure about what," I take the cup of hot tea and blow on it so it could cool down.

"Well, how was the life in America? How do you speak and understand Japanese so well? What is your occupation?" he asks a lot of questions at once.

"Uh, in America? I guess it was okay. I had a nice childhood and our parents are nice as well," I start off.

"I know Japanese well because I actually have been in here before many times. The time you and Edgar had this little battle, was my fourth time," is my second statement.

"And I'm working as my brother's assistant in The Guild and when he was a detective.

We didn't meet 6 years ago only because he wanted to try and solve this mystery of this battle by himself.

Otherwise, I do most of his paperwork and things. I don't mind though," I finish, making Ranpo nod.

"You're 24, right?" he asks and I'm surprised.

"How did you know? I don't believe I mentioned my age before," I stare at him, waiting for the response.

"Well, I have the Ultra Deduction! So I can deduce whatever I want to!" he says, seeming extremely proud.

But what I don't know, is that behind that happy facade of a man is actually a murderer, obsessed with his love.

"That makes sense," I nod before finally taking a sip of my tea.

At this, I swear that Ranpo moves closer to the edge of the couch but it could be just the play of the shadows that the candles are making.

"What about love life? Do you have anyone special?" he suddenly asks, almost making me spit the tea.

"Such a question! We're moving really fast!" I exclaim before sipping the hot drink faster.

"Oh, I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable," he says but doesn't sound sorry at all.

"It's fine. That is not that much of a secret," I sigh before answering. "I'm single. And currently, I don't have my eye on anyone either."

"What about Dazai? He said that you two were dating," he comments.

"This guy? Well, I guess he's delusional. Yes, he did ask me out and yes, I did go with him but all we did was eat.

Okay, that actually does sound like a date. But it was only once," I add.

"Are you suuuuure? Only once?" he raises his eyebrow making me roll my eyes.

I feel like I do it more often than I used to.

"Of course I am sure. I don't think I'm interesting enough for him to try and win my heart," I sigh.

To be honest, saying this is pretty disappointing.

There could be something between us but I really do not believe I'm the kind of person who Dazai could like.

"You two would make such a cute couple," Ranpo says, sounding a bit off.

"Really? You think so?" I say before yawning.

"Yeah, I do think that. But not the cutest couple," he adds after a pause.

It almost sounds like he forces himself to say something like this.

But why would he? It's not like I had to hear it or anything.

I didn't even think that we could look cute together.

"Then who do you think would make the cutest couple with me?" I ask but there is no response. 

In fact, I think so.

I yawn once again and place the teacup on the table, leaning backwards on the armchair.

"I'm sorry... I think I'm..." another yawn, "Too tired..." I mutter out.

"Should I leave? I can come back tomorrow again, right?" he asks and I would say he sounds sad but for some reason, I cannot say so.

I'm not sure why but he doesn't sound sorry at all. It's like he's happy.

My vision is already darkening, the corners are completely black already and it won't be long until I cannot see anything.

"Yeah, you can come back tomorrow... I'll be better by then," I mutter out the words.

It's like I'm too tired to do anything but at the same time, I don't feel tired at all.

Almost like someone is forcing me to sleep.

This isn't my power, right?

I mean, the only thing that can manipulate sleeping that I know is my power.

This cannot backfire, can it? I mean, it would be definitely weird if it did.

Ranpo couldn't be behind it anyway.

At least I think so.

Maybe he did something to my drink?

But why would he do something like that?

I haven't done anything to him.

Yeah, that must be it.

I'm just tired.

But before my senses can completely leave me, I feel someone come closer to me.

Is it Ranpo? Only he is here.

Edgar wouldn't come out of his room right now.

He's probably too into his own book.

"You want to know who would be the cutest person with you?" I hear a voice and it's definitely Ranpo.

He says three more words that echo throughout my sleep.

It is me.

~Ranpo's POV~

The pills worked faster than I thought.

Well, that is good for me.

I didn't plan the power outage at all but it was for my benefit.

She still looks cute while sleeping.

And now I have her in my hands.

Oh, there are so many things I could do.

But not yet.

It's too early.

I'm not a monster.

I will ask for her consent.

Otherwise, I would scare her.

Even though she's sleeping, I would still feel bad.

For now, I'll carry her upstairs.

I start walking and realize that this could be our future together.

Our marriage would be happy.

I wonder, how many kids does she want?

Does she even want any?

I would listen to her.

If she feels like she doesn't want any, I wouldn't force anything upon her.

After all, I want her to be a free woman.

Even if I have to lock her up, I want her to have free will.

I don't want her to wait for orders. That wouldn't be a happy woman.

But still... Would she be happy if I locked her up?

Probably not.

It's a hard choice.

I want my love to be free but at the same time, I want to keep her all for myself.

She would probably run off with Dazai the second I turned my back.

I know that she promised it was a one-time date and I believe him.

But Dazai is too alluring.

He knows how to manipulate people.

He would get her wrapped around his finger in no time.

And I cannot let that happen.

Oh, the urge to kill Dazai is so big.

There is no way he can outsmart me.

No. He hasn't done anything.

Yet.

I cannot let my urges take over my mind.

This would make me a monster for sure.

But would I be a monster if I just decided to not bring her back to her room?

I mean, I could just go on the streets and ask for a taxi.

Even when there is a storm outside, taxis still drive around.

But her brother might worry.

Well, I would like him to try and catch me.

I turn around on the stairs and walk down again.

I slide my shoes back on and open the door quietly.

Not that there is any point because the storm is loud outside but I'm being extra careful.

It could wake her up if I make any sudden moves.

But I wouldn't want that.

It could ruin my new plan.

I'm sure she will love my house.

Our new home.

She will have her own room.

It's ready and looks exactly like her current room.

That's why I couldn't visit her before.

I took the day off my job and used it to make the room in my house look like the room in this house.

That's all thanks to those photos I took yesterday.

No one questioned anything when I let them design the room.

If they did, I would have had to lie.

I'm trying to not lie much.

But I have to do it more often than I used to.

Walking through the storm and rain, I close the gate behind us, finally stepping on the street.

I look around to see if there would be any possibility to get a taxi or not and for my benefit, I spot one.

Rushing to it, Y/n still in my hands, already completely wet, the car stops and I sit in.

"Where to?" the driver asks, looking at us through the rearview mirror.

I give him my address and he steps on the pedal, taking us to the destination.

I can give my attention to the love of my life.

Even when her clothing and hair are wet, she still looks gorgeous.

I don't care what anyone else says.

I know better than they do.

So if I say that she's gorgeous then that she is.

Try to argue with me and you will taste defeat.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

72.5K 3.5K 47
The Armed Detective Agency is hit with a new job. Protect a Princess you say? This said Princess is not only the heir to the throne but the target to...
382K 16.9K 27
Akutagawa Ryunosuke x Female!Reader | Bungou Stray Dogs ❝ You were a shadow in his world of perpetual darkness ❞ [COMPLETED + UNEDITED β€’ 2016]
1.6K 106 16
There's only so much that could be said about studying at Hogwarts school... Sometimes it was as dull and forgettable as any other school; thought th...
12.1K 382 21
While you are a cheerful, beautiful person full of warmth, you are a wanted criminal that is smart enough to challenge the so-called greatest detecti...