England's Bloody Rose

By Flytrap4534

Lydia Euphemia Potter. Daughter of Fleamont and Euphemia Potter. Heiress of the Potter fortune. One of the gr... More

Prologue
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #1
Flashbacks Chapter #1
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #2
Flashbacks Part #2
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #3
Flashbacks Chapter #3
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #4
Flashbacks Chapter #4
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #5
Flashbacks Chapter #5
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #6
Flashbacks Chapter #6
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #7
Flashbacks Chapter #7
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #8
Flashbacks Chapter #8
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #9
Flashbacks Chapter #9
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #10
Flashbacks Chapter #10
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #11
Flashbacks Chapter #11
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #12
Flashbacks Chapter #12
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #13
Flashbacks Chapter #13
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #14
Flashbacks Chapter #14
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #15
Flashbacks Chapter #15
Mid Story Character Guide:
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #16
Flashbacks Chapter #16
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #17
Flashbacks Chapter #17
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #18
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #19
Flashbacks Chapter #19
Iolanthe Potter: Epilogue:
Flashbacks: Epilogue:

Flashbacks Chapter #18

2.2K 79 0
By Flytrap4534

"How much longer?" a worn out Sirius Potter asks the doctor.

"Ms. Potter has entered a stage called prolonged labour," the Medi-witch explains gently, "she's been having contractions for 21 hours straight, and the baby is only 9 cm dilated. She has 1 cm left before she can begin pushing."

"Poor Lydia," Tina gasps, "that is not a fun situation."

All the mothers in the room resonate with the poor girl's suffering. No matter muggleborn, halfblood, or pureblood, labour HURTS.

"This sucks," Lydia's voice is heard from the other room, "oh, is Sirius up now?"

"Yes Ms. Potter," another medi-witch informs Lydia, "Mr. Potter has awoken. He should have a rather nasty concussion, but is otherwise uninjured."

"Thank Merlin," Lydia breathed, "for a moment there, I thought I did some real damage."

"I'm coming in," Sirius gets up, "I'm not leaving you alone."

"Thanks Siri," Lydia smiles as Sirius sits back down next to her, "did Ickle Reg go home?"

"I got Andy to apparate him to my apartment," Sirius whispers, "didn't want the polyjuice wearing off in Mungo's. He was able to keep drinking while he was conscious, but once you knocked him out, it was a security risk."

"So I'm aware Regulus is alive," Andromeda smiles, "good."

"Ms. Potter," the medi-witch speaks softly, "you're fully dilated now. You can begin pushing."

Suddenly, screaming was heard, as medi-witches were rushing patients in and out of rooms.

"What's going on?" Lydia cried from her bed, "go check Siri!"

"I'm not leaving you," Sirius insisted, "I made a promise."

Lydia sighed, and began preparing to push. The doctor gave instructions, and Lydia pushed. Unbeknownst to the doctor, the Potter witch's eyes were glowing silver the entire time.

"Why are her eyes glowing?" Euphemia asked her husband, "mine didn't glow when I gave birth to Lydia."

"And my mother's didn't glow when she gave birth to Charlus," Fleamont stroked his beard, "while I don't know about my own birth, I can assume Lyddie's eyes are glowing because she's a Potter by blood, directly passing along the death title."

"OW," Sirius cried, as his arm was crushed, "a little less strength Lyds, if you would."

"Sorry Siri," a panting Lydia Potter apologized, "this stuff kills. A horrible way to spend one's birthday."

"I know," Sirius brushed her hair out of her face with his functioning arm, "you're almost done. I'll get you a nice birthday treat."

Minutes ticked by, and suddenly, the cries of baby Iola are heard. The medi-witches quickly clean, wrap her up, and hand her over to her waiting mother.

"Hello my little Iolanthe," Lydia cooed, "seems you've decided to finally grace us with your presence."

"Let's get that arm fixed," a medi-witch guides Sirius to the room he was in while he was knocked out, "Ms. Potter will be fine, I assure you."

"Sirius is so protective," Lyetta giggled, "it's really endearing."

"Do you happen to know what all the screaming was about earlier?" Lydia asked her medi-witch, "it was really sad."

"I really shouldn't be telling you this," the medi-witch whispered, "but I know you're a good friend of Amelia Bones."

"Amelia's hurt?!" Lydia shouted, fear overtaking her heart. Iolanthe begins crying, and Lydia rocks her back to sleep.

"Worse," the medi-witch shakes her head sadly, face bent in respect, "she and one of her nieces are the only survivors. The entire Bones family has been massacred, children included. Alongside the McKinnion family as well. The death eaters are really trying to spark fear."

"The Dark Lord is truly powerful," Bellatrix grins sadistically, "he has put those blood traitors in their place. marrying filthy mudbloods, defiling their pureblood. They needed pruning. It's a shame that two survived."

"I agree Bella dearest," Rabastan puts his arm around his sister-in-law, "the Dark Lord is the greatest."

"Shut your disgusting mouths!" Amelia Bones stood tall and proud as she cast high level silencing spells, "you will not disrespect my family."

"Aww," Bellatrix swatted the spell away, "the ickle baby thinks she can play with the big kids. How sweet."

"She may not be able to," the Bones triplets stand up, "but we can." The Bones trio stood as the Lestrange trio did the same. It seemed as if a full on duel would break out. Almost everyone was rooting for the Bones trio.

Suddenly, a heavy presence was felt. A giant silver dragon flew across the hall, and charged at the Lestranges. It breathed silver flames, and barreled into them at full force. The three powerful duelers were immediately knocked out.

Eyes turned to the caster, and Fleamont Potter was seen with his wand out, normally hazel eyes positively glowing silver. "Took care of your pest issue," he turned to Dumbledore, "it seems you ought to get a better exterminator." 

"Thank you Fleamont," Dumbledore eyed the trio distastefully, "it seems I should."

"No," Lydia gasped, worried for Amelia, "where's Melia? I need to speak to her."

"She's in the lobby," the medi-witch spoke softly, "I'll go ask if she wants to see you."

"LYDIA!" as sobbing Amelia Bones rushed into the room, holding a young Susan in her arms, "how could this happen?!"

"Oh Melia," Lydia did her best to hug the woman, "I'm here. Would you like to stay with me? You don't have to be alone."

"She's not alone," Kingsley walked in, "she's got all the aurors to support her. And her friends."

"Someone grows up well," Hestia teases, trying to lighten the tension in the room, "looking good Kingsley."

"Thank you Hestia," Kingsley looks at the older girl, "much appreciated."

"Kingsley," Lydia greeted seriously, seeing that it was not a moment for joking, "you're doing well."

"Thank you Lydia," Kingsley nods in appreciation, "is that your child?"

"Yes," Lydia adjusts her daughter so the two could see her, "her name's Iolanthe."

"Beautiful name for a beautiful girl," Amelia looks down at her slumbering niece, "maybe they can be friends."

"I hope so," Lydia says, "if you need any help Melia, you can ask for it."

"Thank you," Amelia sat back, "where's Sirius? I thought he'd be with you."

"I may have squeezed his arm to hard during labour," Lydia sheepishly turned to the direction of the room Sirius was, "he's in that room getting his arm fixed. Apparently I crushed all the bones of his arm."

"Oh," Amelia, nonplussed, shrugs, "poor guy. Have you heard about Alice and Frank's Neville?"

"So Neville is already born," Alice smiles, "I mean, he's older so it's self-explanatory, but it's nice for a confirmation."

"Of course I know," Lydia rolled her eyes, "I've been stuck in this hospital for almost 24 hours. Alice came 3 hours after me. Her labour lasted 12 hours. Lucky woman. I've only just finished up here."

"You poor thing," Kingsley shook his head, "I am so glad I am not a woman."

"Normally I'd protest," Lydia says, "but honestly, I'm with you, I hate my biology."

"Sorry to interrupt," the medi-witch cut in, "but I need you to answer a few questions."

"Of course," Lydia turned to the witch, "shoot them at me."

"What is your daughter's full name?" the lady took her quill out, and put the tip to the paper.

"Iolanthe Serene," Lydia hesitated for a moment, before adding, "Potter."

"You're not going to use Fenwick?" Kingsley asks confusedly, "why not?"

"I've been wondering that myself," Fleamont voices, "I'm grateful that the Potter name is still kept alive, but it doesn't make much sense. Traditionally, a child will receive their father's surname."

"I don't really get along with my parents," Benjy shrugs, "I probably told Lydia that I wouldn't give a kid their last name. It's honestly rather simple." Benjy was unsurprised. Despite his excellent grades and skill, his parents would not budge in their hatred for magic. The only thing they've given him is tuition and supplies. Other than that, they don't speak to their son. They like pretending he doesn't exist. Why would he give his child their name?

"Benjy didn't like his family," Lydia said offhandedly, "he said he'd never want to give a child their name. So I gave my Iolanthe mine."

"Okay," the lady continued, "full name of both parents please."

"Lydia Euphemia Potter and Benjamin Fenwick," Lydia answered quickly.

"Alright," the medi-witch checked some boxes off on her paper, "third question, do you wish to appoint godparents. Please be aware that this puts the person selected on the top of the list to get custody of your child. That is after living relatives."

"I want Sirius Potter as her godfather," Lydia answered immediately, "and Pandora Lovegood as her godmother. Both people are aware of this."

"You made me her godmother?!" Pandora's eyes widen comically, "me?!"

"Of course you," Lydia rolled her eyes, "who other than my gossip bestie and fellow marauder."

"I'm not a marauder," Pandora pointed out.

"Honorary marauder," Lydia brushed off, "same thing in my book. You're a powerful, sweet, and awesome witch. Give me a good reason why you shouldn't be her godmother."

"Oh," Pandora blushed lightly, "thank you Lydia."

"You are very welcome," Lydia puffed up, "you have received a great honor."

"Alright," the lady's quill scraped as she wrote, "lastly, would you like a copy of her birth certificate sent to the muggle world?"

"Absolutely," Lydia nodded, "I want her to have an identity there, should she want to connect to her roots."

"That's good of you," Benjy turned to the woman's current form, "thank you Lydia."

"You're welcome," Lydia smiled. She was glad for these moments, even if the experience would never be remembered.

The scene shifts to Lydia arriving home with Iola later that day. She felt unsafe staying any longer at the hospital. With the prophecy over the heads, it would only put everyone in danger.

"We're home!" Lydia calls out, "come say hi to little Iolanthe, Reg."

"Welcome back," Regulus came out of the room he was in, "let me see."

"You can hold her if you want," Lydia offers, "after all, she's going to be keeping you up at night. Might as well learn to love her."

"Thank Merlin I don't live here," Sirius laughs, "good luck Reg." Sirius cackles as he apparates away, leaving the two to themselves.

"I don't think Regulus cares all that much," Lydia points out, "he's stuck in the house all day. I highly doubts he'll be ungrateful for more company, even if it's a crying baby."

"Hello Iolanthe," Regulus cradles the little girl, Lydia helping him adjust her head, "I'm Regulus."

"You can just call him Uncle Reggie," Lydia says, "Regulus is just a mouthful."

"Hey!" Regulus protests, "my name is excellent."

"It's pretty," Lydia agrees, "but a mouthful for a little girl."

"Iolanthe is a mouthful!" Regulus counter-argues, "yet you call her that."

"Fine," Lydia recognizes his point, "we'll call her Annie."

"That is a horrid nickname," Sirius blanches, "thank Merlin for however switches it."

"Don't you sully your daughter's dignity by giving her such a nickname," Regulus tells Lydia, "I think we should call her Iola. It's much prettier."

"Iola it is," Lydia submits, "you're right. It is much prettier."

"Glad we can agree," Regulus begins to walk to the kitchen, "you need to be resting. You just spent 20+ hours in labour. Let me help you to bed."

"I'm a big girl Reg," Lydia stumbles as she walks, "I guess I could use some help."

Regulus allows Lydia to lean on him, and walks her to her room. Lydia immediately collapses on her bed.

"I'll set Iola's cradle up," Regulus flicks his wand and turns the lights off.

"Can't believe our Regulus is taking care of another person's baby," Andromeda whispered to Sirius, "some mighty improvement there."

"He's away from Walburga and Orion," Sirius states, "that immediately makes anyone feel better. I'm not surprised he improved quickly. He was always a very soft person. That's why they were able to manipulate him. Deep down, he's a kindhearted and peaceful kid. It's clear that the violence of the death eaters disillusioned him."

"Thanks Reg," Lydia mumbles from her pillow, "thank Merlin you're here. Don't know what I'd do with you."

"Crash and burn," Regulus answers softly, "get some sleep."

The scene switches to four months later. "Say cheese Iola!" Alice tries taking a picture, "stop chewing on Neville's foot."

"It's no use," Lydia laughs, "my little girl is simply far too curious."

"She can't even crawl yet!" Frank moans, "how is she eating my son's foot?"

"Sheer determination," Sirius answers, "and probably a bit of accidental magic."

"Accidental magic?" Alice asked, "that only starts around a year in. Is Iola really having accidental magic?"

"Just like her Mama," Lydia bragged, "my girlie's an over achiever."

"You did accidental magic before you were a year old?" Sirius asks Lydia, "why didn't I know this?"

"It never came up in conversation," Lydia shrugs, "why would you have a reason to know?"

"Good point," Sirius rubs the back of his neck, "my bad."

""Have you been getting any sleep?" Frank asks, "because Alice and I haven't."

"I have actually," Lydia says, "Iola's not much of a crier."

"I am so jealous," Alice sighs, "Neville's the epitome of a crybaby."

"There there," Lydia patted Alice n the back, "it'll pass. Soon."

"How does it feel to be back at work?" Frank asks, "Mad-Eye's surprised at how well your doing."

"So I guess Regulus watches Iola during the day," Sirius laughs, "he's become a babysitter."

"I know," Lydia says, "but I've been antsy lately. He's put me on more auror training then field work. I think he feels guilty about Benjy. Doesn't want Iola to be doubly orphaned. I understand, that's why I'm not arguing much. On the bright side, I get to leave more to feed Iola. It's the one thing Reg can't do for me."

"How is Regulus by the way?" Frank asks, "poor kid's been locked in doors for almost two years at this point."

"He's doing rather well actually," Sirius answers, "he studies a lot. He always was a bit of a bookworm, but now he has the freedom to choose what he wants to do. He's gotten really interested in history and curse-breaking. I have a feeling, once the war is over and things die down, he'll want to do that for a profession."

"You are going to have so much to explain," Alice shakes her head, "I can't believe you and Sirius got a war exception for illegally becoming animagi."

"What can I say?" Lydia boasts, "we're just that awesome."

"And Order of Merlin second class!" Frank adds, "you're one of the only people to ever get two Orders of Merlin!"

"I get another!" Lydia sets off some bangs with her wand, "and Siri gets one too!"

"That's our kids!" Euphemia and Fleamont cheer, pride for their children overflowing.

Chatter broke out in the hall again. Lydia Potter was a legend in the making. And they were witnesses to that.

"I know," Lydia flipped her hair, "applaud me!"

"You arrogant girl," Frank tsks, "always bragging."

"I can hold my bragging up though," Lydia waggles her finger, "so I have a right."

"They've started calling me the Grim Reaper," Sirius groaned, "do you understand my pain?"

"It's a lot better than mine," Lydia argues, "so I don't pity you."

"Back to Regulus," Alice redirected the conversation, "when do you think you're going to declare him living?"

Lydia and Sirius look at each other. They both knew Regulus couldn't be declared alive until the horcruxes were destroyed. They were having a huge argument about which manner to go about it. They'd have to revisit that conversation soon.

"As soon as the war is over," Lydia answers carefully, "we have good reason to believe it will be soon. Dumbledore's Order of the Phoenix is growing, more people are getting involved, the Bones and McKinnion massacres making them unwilling to sit by idly, and we've captured so many more death eaters. It's been 10 years. I think we only have one or two left. You-know-who is getting weaker."

"Thank Merlin," people breathed in relief. They'd get to witness the war's end. No longer will they live in fear.

"I just hope we live to see it," Sirius says, "no completely off topic, but I need advice. I was supposed to ask Lydia, but she went into labour mid request."

"Oh!" Lydia piped up, "you want to propose."

"What?!" frank and Alice gasp.

"That's wonderful Sirius," Alice grins, "Frank and I will help."

 The scene switches to Iola Potter training for the third task.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

553K 14.1K 33
Faye Luna Montgomery, the name of a girl who is anything but ordinary. Her father dying when she was ten and her mother murdered when she was sixteen...
689K 16.5K 85
Diana Faye Lupin The twin Sister of Remus Lupin. The only girl who's immune to a Certain boy's flirtirous actions. The last girl you'd expect to fall...
37.8K 795 29
Lady Magic, incensed by the state of affairs in the wizarding world, offers one final opportunity. It's a chance for the wizarding community to witne...