Love & War | S.Rogers

By raynelbabe

❝WE'RE GONNA BE TIMELESS.❞ In which the Goddess of Love and War finds some of that love she's been busy s... More

𝘦𝘱𝘪𝘨𝘳𝘢𝘱𝘩
𝘷𝘪𝘴𝘶𝘢𝘭𝘴
𝘢𝘤𝘵 𝘪.𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘨𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘳
001. 𝘫𝘰𝘶𝘳𝘯𝘦𝘺 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘪𝘥𝘨𝘢𝘳𝘥
002. 1943 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘬 𝘦𝘹𝘱𝘰
003. 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘦𝘳𝘶𝘮
004. 𝘮𝘢𝘯 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘢 𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘯
005. 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘳𝘦𝘥 𝘴𝘬𝘶𝘭𝘭
006. 𝘵𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘴 𝘰𝘧 𝘨𝘰𝘭𝘥
𝘢𝘤𝘵 𝘪𝘪. 𝘳𝘦𝘶𝘯𝘪𝘵𝘦𝘥
008. 𝘣𝘶𝘳𝘯
009. 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘷𝘪𝘤𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯
010. 𝘢𝘭𝘸𝘢𝘺𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘳𝘺
011. 𝘯𝘦𝘳𝘵𝘩𝘶𝘴
𝘢𝘤𝘵 𝘪𝘪𝘪. 𝘢𝘦𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳
012. 𝘪𝘯𝘴𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵
013. 𝑐𝑜𝑚𝑝𝑟𝑖𝑚𝑖𝑠𝑒𝑑
014. 𝑏𝑖𝑘𝑖𝑛𝑖𝑠
015. 𝑐𝑢𝑡 𝑜𝑓𝑓 𝑜𝑛𝑒 ℎ𝑒𝑎𝑑

007. 𝘨𝘰𝘭𝘥𝘦𝘯 𝘨𝘰𝘰𝘴𝘦

764 43 2
By raynelbabe

"All you gotta do is walk over there, smile, apologize, and say she looks pretty," Bucky said.

"Just say she looks pretty? That's it?" Steve asked.

"Yeah. I mean what's the worse she could do?" Bucky asked.

"Try and stab me with her sword again," Steve told him. Bucky paused as he thought it over.

"Okay, yeah. I guess that is a possibility" he shrugged.

"I thought you were supposed to be good at stuff like this" Steve sighed.

"I am! But that's with normal girls. Not freaking goddess space alien wonder woman over there" Bucky exclaimed.

Steve sighed as he looked over at Freya, sitting under another tent and talking to Agent Carter. He hadn't talked to her since the other day when she caught him kissing the secretary.

"Look, you're Captain America now. You've officially turned into every woman's dream guy. Isn't that how you got into this mess in the first place?" Bucky asked.

"I have no idea how I got into this mess. I don't even know how to properly talk to women on this planet. I'm being thrown into the deep end before I even learned to swim" Steve told him.

Bucky couldn't help but laugh at his friend's situation. "I think you're just thinking about it too hard. You've managed to talk to her before."

"Before she wasn't mad at me," Steve said.

"I don't think she's mad. She just obviously likes you and saw you kissing someone else. Just explain that that girl came onto you. Tell her how you feel" Bucky said.

"Tell her how I feel, right. I can do that" Steve mumbled.

"Yeah, you can. You're Captain America. Star Spangled Man with a Plan. This'll be a walk in the park for you" Bucky said.

"Yeah. A walk in the park. I can do this" Steve said as he stood up and started walking over. "Just tell her how I feel. Super easy."

But when he walked up to Freya and Agent Carter, his brain went completely blank. And instead of saying anything he just stood there, awkwardly opening and closing his mouth as he tried to think of what to say.

"Um, you know I think I hear Colonel Philips calling me," Agent Carter said as she quickly walked away.

"I have to go too," Freya said about to leave when Steve called her back.

"Wait, I...I wanted to tell you. I'm Captain America" he said, and could practically hear Bucky and the entire universe laughing at him.

Freya stood there confused thinking this was some sort of weird Midgardian custom of reintroducing yourself.

"Um-"

"I mean, you know that. I know you know that. I just mean..." Steve sighed as he tried to gather his thoughts. "I'm Captain America. But I don't always feel that way. Especially not with you. I still feel like that skinny kid from Brooklyn too scared to ask a woman to dance."

"Steve-"

"And then I meet you, standing in the middle of the road and you look...I don't even think there's a word for it. And you're nice and kind but still fearless and strong. And you cry tears of freaking gold and I don't even know where to begin with-"

"Steve!" Freya exclaimed, cutting off his rant. "You know for someone who says he's scared to talk to women I don't even think you took a breath."

"Yeah, I uh...I guess I got a little carried away" he said, scratching the back of his neck.

"It's okay. I think I like when you get carried away" Freya laughed.

"Yeah?"

"Yeah," she nodded, her hands resting on his chest as she glanced up at his lips. A hint of a smile on her face as she had to crane her neck to reach him. Their lips inches from each other they jumped apart, hearing Colonel Philips shout his name.

"Rogers! Get your ass in here!"

Steve sighed, his forehead resting against hers. "We should hurry" Freya mumbled.

"Yeah, we should," he said but neither of them made a move to leave.

"In case you two forgot, the war's not over yet!" Philips shouted.

Freya let out a small laugh as she finally pulled away. "Come on. Before he gets angry."

"I figured he was always angry."

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎

The Howling Commandoes, the team Steve had put together, including Freya, took down Hydra base after Hydra base. And while Freya was more than proud of her efforts in helping the war efforts she was only growing more discouraged in her efforts to find the tesseract.

It was taking much longer than she expected and was hoping that Odin wasn't growing upset, the longer she was gone.

But for the first time in two years, they were close. Morita, one of the men on their team, intercepted a message from Hydra informing them where, when, and what train Armin Zola would be on. It just so happened to be on a train through the Swiss Alps, a high snowy mountain peak.

"You okay?" Steve asked as she stood next to Freya, looking down into the valley below.

"Fine, why?" she asked.

"You seem...agitated," he told her.

"Not agitated. Just hoping this is it. Or at least close to it" she told him.

"If Zola's on this train, then I'm sure it is," he said.

"Hey, Freya. You don't happen to have an extra one of those magic flying capes do you?" Bucky asked.

"Unfortunately no. But I can carry you if you're scared" she smirked.

"We were right" Morita called out. "Zola's aboard that train. Hydra dispatcher gave him permission to open up the throttle. Wherever he's going, they must need him bad."

Hearing a rumbling below, they could see the train headed in their direction.

"We only got a ten-second window," Steve said, attaching his bar to the zipline they'd be using. "You miss that window, we're bugs on a windshield."

"I know you were joking but I wouldn't mind being carried," one of the men said.

"You'll be fine," Freya told her before jumping down, soaring through the sky before landing near the front car of the train.

While Steve and Bucky took the back of the train, Freya headed with Morita toward the front. She was in charge of finding Zola while Steve was in charge of keeping all the other Hydra agents occupied.

Using her sword she cut through the roof of the train, jumping in first with Morita right after her. Landing in the cockpit she smiled seeing Zola standing there in shock with only one agent protecting him.

"Hi," she said as Morita shot down the agent that was with him.

"Where's Schmidt and the Tesseract?" Freya asked.

"Why would I tell you that?" Zola said.

"Because it's either me or the U.S. government. And from what I've seen, you're responsible for the deaths of millions of their people. I don't think they'll be as merciful as I will" she told him.

"What do you know of mercy?" Zola sneered.

Freya glared at him before she glanced behind him, seeing surveillance footage from the rest of the train.

Seeing Steve and Bucky facing off with a Hydra agent in the rear of the train she turned to Morita. "Stay with him. Don't let him out of your sight" she said, before running through the train corridors.

When she got there, a hole had already been blasted through the side of the train. Seeing Bucky lose his grip and begin to fall, Freya ran over about to jump out and catch him. Before she could, a Hydra agent grabbed her coat, pulling it off of her before pushing her from the train.

"No!" Steve shouted as she plummeted after Bucky and he was unable to see them through the snow.

Freya looked down at Bucky who was a few feet below her. She reached out, urging herself to push forward until she was able to grab his arm.

"Heimdall!" she shouted as the ground got even closer. "Heimdall!"

But the Bifrost didn't open. Instead, the white harshness of the snow filled all of Freya's senses before everything went black.

After killing the Hydra agent, Steve stood there on the train. Waiting. He held her cloak in his arms as he waited. Waited for her to come back to him.

Waited for someone to tell him that this was all a joke. That Bucky was fine. That Freya was fine. But as Steve waited he quickly realized it was over.

They weren't coming back.

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎

On Asgard, Loki and Thor gathered in the throne room after receiving word that Odin needed to speak with them. And that it was urgent.

Odin spoke in hushed tones with Heimdall before he turned back to his sons. He stood up, walking down the raised platform as he stood in front of them.

"Father, is something wrong?" Thor asked.

"As you know, I sent Freya to Midgard to recover an artifact that I should've never left there," Odin said.

"Is she alright?" Loki asked.

Odin took in a breath as he prepared to give them the news but Heimdall beat him to it.

"I can not see her," he said.

"What? What do you mean?" Loki asked turning to him.

"I can see her. She is lost to me" Heimdall said.

"That's impossible" Loki scoffed.

"You think she is dead? At the hands of Midgardians?" Thor asked.

"Freya would not have been killed so easily! Not by them!" Loki shouted.

"Let Loki and I go find her," Thor said.

"No," Odin said, shocking them both.

Loki turned to Heimdall confused before he turned back to Odin. "No?" he asked.

"Midgard is in the midst of war. They have the Tesseract and are beyond our help. If Freya is gone there is nothing we can do for her except bring war to Asgard and I will not have that" Odin said.

"Freya is dead and you want to do nothing?" Loki asked.

"If they killed her then perhaps war with Asgard is what they deserve," Thor said.

"Enough!" Odin shouted. "Freya is gone. We will mourn her and move on."

"And what did Mother have to say about this?" Loki asked.

"Frigga has expressed her sorrows-"

"Her sorrows? You know how close they were! Surely she can not be okay with this!" Loki exclaimed.

"I have spoken!" Odin shouted, not saying another word as he turned and walked away from them.

Loki scoffed and turned to his brother. "He is lying. Surely, something else has happened and he knows it."

Thor shook his head, a solemn expression on his face. "He is still King. Have care how you speak, brother."

Loki shot Thor an annoyed look. "You can't be serious?"

"You heard Father" Thor said. "There is nothing we can do. Freya has been lost to us."

Loki stormed out, a plan already beginning to formulate in his head. If Odin and Thor were too scared to find Freya, to bring war to Midgard then so be it. But he wasn't.

He loved her and would do anything to get her back.

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎

Schmidt looked down at the clear coffin-like container he had his men built. It glowed a bright blue from the energy of the tesseract that had been lodged into the bottom, powering the machine.

He enjoyed the low continuous humming of energy as he stared down at the goddess who lay perfectly still inside.

Finding her in the Alps, still unconscious had been his greatest discovery second only to the tesseract itself.

Using the energy of the tesseract he was able to keep Freya unconscious, keeping her frozen until he needed her. Whether to steal her powers for his own or perhaps harness the power of the tesseract to corrupt the goddess to his cause.

To Schmidt, it didn't matter. He felt as if he had found the golden goose. His most prized possession. And other than the few men who built the coffin she slept in, no one knew but him.

But with his defeat by Captain America, so went the secret that Freya, Goddess of Love and War was alive. Kept in a deep slumber in a special coffin hidden in a secret HYDRA fortress.

But his secret didn't stay that way for long. After the war, and Captain America's disappearance, S.H.I.E.L.D. was formed.

And in their formation, they searched all HYDRA bases and outposts for any and all intel they could find. While they expected to find files and secret codes, they were shocked to find the goddess, lying in her Snow White-esque coffin, still asleep.

Deciding not to wake her, and quite frankly not knowing how Freya went from being HYDRA's sleeping golden goose to S.H.I.E.L.D's.

A decision that S.H.I.E.L.D., and most specifically Nicholas J. Fury, would soon come to regret.

okay, so i am super excited for this new change i made to the storyline, what do you guys think?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 2 9
I found no cure for the loneliness I found no cure for the sickness Nothing here feels like home Crowded streets, but I'm all alone ~~~ In which Stev...
102K 2.3K 55
In which an Asgardian Goddess finds a Brooklyn Soldier, and they fall in love. ''I love you.'' ''I love you too. I'll love you forever.'' ''Forever...
6.5K 312 27
[complete!] "𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐈, 𝐕𝐈𝐃𝐈, 𝐀𝐌𝐀𝐕𝐈" (latin) 𝙩𝙧𝙖𝙣𝙨𝙡𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣: I came, I saw, I loved Rebecca Cooper had never fallen in love before...
39.8K 736 41
"You made it hero! I knew you could do it! You never lost hope" " I'll always be here for you no matter what happens!" .....IN WHICH she helps him fi...