Crossing Boundaries

By deblaru

To my astonishment, I saw Reece situated between my legs, his actions mirroring those of someone savouring th... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49

Chapter 11

302 4 0
By deblaru

Reece

The week zoomed past, and now I'm stuck in math class at the back with Austin.

"Are you going to Nick's party tonight?" Austin asks. I shrug, "Not sure. Who's going?

"The whole gang, pretty much.Not sure about Kady though, but I'm guessing you don't really care if she does," he chuckles.

Coincidentally, it's as if she hears us. Kady turns around, shooting me a small smile. I quickly look away. I hadn't seen her all week, and I was secretly relieved. I'm not even sure if she's been coming to school; I haven't seen the girls with her either. Lorna mentioned sending her a text, but got no reply.

I don't get why Lorna even bothers. Especially after Kady's outburst in the café on Monday. I couldn't hold back, jumping to Lorna's defense. I was fed up with Kady's snide comments about her. She's blatantly jealous of Lorna, going so far as to tell her that she comes off desperate with her behavior.

I wish Lorna would've told her to fuck off, but she's not one for conflict or confrontation; she's more of a peacemaker. But fuck that. I wasn't going to sit back and let Kady disrespect us just because she's jealous. Accusing us of constant flirting in front of her. Lorna's my best friend, and I won't let some jealous bitch dictate how we should act, even if we were flirting.

Finally, class is over, and I make my way to the door, with Austin right beside me. "So, you going later?" he asks.

"Eh, not sure," I reply. "Come on, man, you have to. It's the first party of the school year. We haven't partied since you were away. There'll be lots of booze and slutty girls looking for fun. Please, come! "

"Fine," I sigh, giving in. "I guess letting loose for a night, getting wasted, and maybe hooking up with some random girl could be what I need."

'Lord knows I need some action, I haven't fucked or even kissed anyone since I got back from Spain, I know what your thinking that's only a week ago, but a guy hands needs, plus these feelings or thoughts I have of Lorna doesn't help. Maybe hooking up with someone might take my mind of her..'

"That's my boy!" Austin exclaims, patting my back.

Just as I'm about to leave, Kady catches up to me, breathless. "Reece, Reece, can I talk to you?"

"Speaking of sluts," Austin whispers in my ear, making me snicker.

I stop, letting Kady catch her breath. Austin nods at us and walks away, leaving us alone. "So, what do you want to talk about?" I ask.

She smiles, stutters over her words, seeming nervous. This isn't the usually confident and arrogant Kady I know. "I just... uh, wanted to apologize to you."

"For what?" I question, curious. "I was way out of line the other day. I shouldn't have spoken to you like that, accused you of flirting with Lorna. I know you're just friends, best friends," I interject, what ? she asks.

"We're best friends," I correct her again .

"Oh, yeah, I know," she chuckles nervously. "But I was wrong. I was having a bad day and shouldn't have taken it out on you."

"That's good, Kady, but the apology should go to Lorna," I point out. "You told her she seemed desperate based on how she acted. That's far from the truth. You throw sly remarks at her for no reason, even though she's nice to you and stands up for you. She's too kind to confront you, but I won't stand by and let anyone treat her like that."

I can see her clenching her hands, restraining whatever she wants to say. She smiles and says, "I know, and I'm going to apologize to her too. I love Lorna, she's my best friend too."

"Sure she is," I mutter under my breath. "I guess I just get jealous of the attention you give her."

Anticipating where the conversation might lead, I stop her. "Look, Kady, you're a nice girl, and I'm fine being friends. But that's all we'll ever be. I don't have romantic feelings for you. I thought I made that clear last year."

She looks disappointed. "I know, and being friends is what I want too, Reece." She gives me a fake smile and places her hand on my bicep, squeezing it. I frown at the touch, and she quickly pulls her hand away. "So, can we... start again and be friends, please?" She offers a side smile.

Still wary, I agree, "Sure, we can."

Her smile widens, and out of nowhere, she lunges for a hug. "Thanks, Reece," she whispers in my ear, and I notice her inhale. Is she smelling me?

Not wanting to hug back, I keep my arms by my side. I pull away, saying, "I have to go now. Maybe I'll see you at the party later?"

"Oh, I actually have a date tonight," she beams.

"Good for you," I return a smirk.

"But maybe I'll swing by after." She replies back with coy smile.

"Sure, well, see you later if you do. And if not, enjoy your date," I say as I start walking away.

"Yeah, see ya," she repeats.

Hopefully, her date will keep her distracted from chasing after me.

Lorna

After the final bell ended, I made my way down the corridor with Samia, we were chatting away about what we are going to wear to Nick's party later. I'm not really one for parties, but I made myself a promise to be more sociable, I mean, I know I am with my friends, but that because we all know each other for years, I'm comfortable around them. They keep me grounded and safe. Plus, Samia said she'd come around and drag me there kicking and screaming if she had to.

So I guess now I have to, " so, I ask her, "You want to get ready at mine?"

"Yes, please," she beams, "I can raid your wardrobe."

"'You've got way nicer style than I do," I say to her. "No way, girl, you are way more stylish than I am," we start debating on who has better style.

While I did have nice style, Samia was much funkier than me, she could wear anything and just look so cool and hot at the same time. With her long braided hair, her big honey-colored eyes, and her dark mocha skin, she turned heads everywhere she went. Guys and girls would look at her, even just to admire her. Plus, she was the carefree fun one, so easy to talk to, so it was easy to see why everyone stopped to talk to her.

While we were still discussing whose style was better, I was stopped in my tracks.

Down the hallway, I spot Kady and Reece deep in conversation. Kady spots us, but then all of a sudden she's hugging Reece, whispering something in his ear. He pulls away, giving her a smile, saying something to her, and then walking away. He hadn't noticed me as his back was turned the other way, but Kady did.

My heart starts racing. Why were they hugging each other? He doesn't even like Kady!!

Samia notices I've gone quiet, "You okay?"

"Huh, oh yeah, I'm fine," I reply, "Wonder what that was all about," I quip. "I've no idea," she says back to me.

Kady is heading our way now, big smile on her face, "Hey, girls," she says sweetly.

I don't even know what to say to her as she hadn't replied to me when I texted her asking if she was okay.

"Hey, Kady," Samia says to her.

Kady turns to me, "Hey, Lorna, sorry I never texted you back. My phone smashed and I couldn't text on it." Sure you couldn't, thinking to myself.

"Anyway, I wasn't feeling well all week, hence me being absent. That's why I was so moody last Monday. So I'm sorry, okay..."

Wow, what an apology...

"Sure, no worries," my reply is curt.

"Great," she chirps, "I'll see you ladies later," while walking away.

"Well, that was eh "Samia says, looking at me.

"Weird," I finish for her.

"Yep, definitely weird," we say in unison, laughing together. "At least she said sorry," I say, "Not sure I'd call that an apology, but I suppose that's the best you'll get from her," Samia remarks.

She then muses,  "I wonder why she and Reece were hugging though," her tone tinged with curiosity.

Yeah, me too.

I keep that thought to myself. Not sure if I want to know. I didn't like the feeling of seeing him hug her. I don't know why, as I've seen him hug lots of girls, even kissing them, and I was never bothered before.

Snapping out of my thoughts, I say, "Who knows? Come on, let's go. You can come to mine for dinner, and then we can get ready."

"Oh yes," she chirps, "I love your mom's cooking and your dad. I love looking at your dad," she says, fanning her face.

"Ew," I slap her arm.

"What? Your dad is a dilf," Samia exclaims.

"Samia, stop. That is just, no...

She throws her head back, laughing at me, "Sorry, boo. I've got a thing for hot older men. Especially when they look like your dad... and Reece's dad."

"Oh my god, you are unreal," I shake my head at her.

"Although Reece's dad is pretty hot," I agree with her.

"Yea, imagine being between Mr. Mathews and Mr. Devine , mmmm yummy," Samia says while licking her lips.

"Samia, stop talking about my dad like that. It's gross."

"Hahaha, sorry babe. I'm just messing with you. Well, not really," she winks at me.

I roll my eyes, walking away from her. "Hey, wait for me," she says, running after me.

The party will be next wonder what will happen 😏
What about kadys apology ?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.5M 1M 75
In which I fall in love with my brother's best friend. ***** "Don't pretend like you don't feel anything." His voice is low, sending shivers down my...
854K 20.3K 23
COMPLETED ❝It is so hard to stay away from you, but I know I need too. But the thing is, I can't help myself around you. You make me lose all the con...
111K 3.5K 35
Avery wrapped an arm around my waist to catch me before I could get out the door. He pushed me up against the door, trapping me between his body and...
397K 12.2K 49
"You are mine now. Just remember one thing nobody gets the privilege of bringing that smile on your face and touching you" he clenched his fsts and m...