Chronicles of Camelot

Od Irish_Wolves

by: DZ2 Published with permission It started with a kiss: a new Harry emerges and a seemingly impossible dest... Více

The oncoming storm
No matter what
The winds of change
Summer days and Knights
Honour, loyalty, truth and unity
Survival of the fittest
The longest day
United we stand
Swords and Surprises
The Prisoner of Azkaban
Darkness and Light
The power of a name
Heroes wings
Padfoots return
Eye of the Hurricane
Only Human
White knight, black christmas
The storm and the sword
New year, old problems
Black unicorn
A stormy end
Book 2: The Lords of nature
Show me the light
A knight becomes a king
Hail King of Camelot
Wind beneath my wings
Flowers and forebodings
First day dilemmas
Defense, dragons and dead men
Seven swords and surprises
Artemis' Gift
Return of the King
The first task
The Yule Ball
The inevitable event
The final showdown
Alternate ending

Crossroads of Destiny

783 34 10
Od Irish_Wolves

As if to answer his question, Harry watched as Artemis' eyes appeared to cloud over, a large group of dark mists surrounding the Lady of Darkness, before her voice spoke as if she were one possessed,

The swords of destiny shall be as one when the time of the Three shall be changed with the coming of the Fourth; where the Four shall meet to become the One, there shall the Snake be reborn; only through his heart and soul shall Number Four hold the strength to make the Snake into the warrior he once was; the time of the Three shall begin when Lucifer rides again.

Chapter 28: The Crossroads of Destiny

Once their divided businesses were taken care of, Harry bade farewell to Amelia and watched with a half-hearted smile as his Mother replaced her hood, before the Minister said her goodbyes, as well as asking Harry to send for her should anything, and she meant anything, go wrong at Hogwarts. While she didn't openly tell him of any events that were happening, Harry had the distinct impression that, like Artemis, Amelia was trying to warn him about something. Reuniting with Tyler, Harry accessed a Floo Gate and travelled back to Albion House, his Mother, his godfather and his closest friend close behind him; however, when they emerged from the gateway, Harry was surprised to find Hermione waiting for them, a look of worry in her eyes, a sense of fear and dread moving through the bond.

"What's wrong love?" asked Harry, taking his girlfriend into his arms and placing a soft kiss on her forehead.

"We have a visitor," Hermione explained, before she looked past him and spoke to the Holy Knight of Light, "He…he knows you're alive Aunt Lily."

"I don't recall Harry saying he gave Dumbledore permission to be here," Sirius remarked, before a look of shock and bewilderment was shared by the two Potters, before Harry was the one to say it.

"No," he looked to Hermione and gave her another soft kiss on her forehead as he admitted, "But I did give permission to Severus."

"He's here?" asked Remus, "That's just perfect: Lily," looking to his old friend, the werewolf gave her a smile as he then saw a look of hidden, unexpressed rage that he had only ever seen in Harry. "Perhaps it would be easier to give these two a few minutes."

"Warn your parents," Harry laughed, watching as Hermione went to the living room, emerging moments later with Dan, Emma and the other Order members; with a sly smile, Harry explained, "Stay out here for a few moments; there are some old friends who need to say hello."

Even as he said the words, Harry watched as Lily strode past them, through the door into the living room, a soft click coming from a make-shift lock on the door as Harry held up a hand, signalling the others to be quiet.

"Wait for it," he said, a Marauder-worthy smile on his face as he listened to the sounds from beyond the doorway; moments later, Sirius, Remus and Sebastian all winced, Dan giving Harry a look that said he was thankful he was in Harry's good books as a loud, very painful-sounding smack echoed through the living room, followed by the lock being undone, the door now open.

"Come in Harry," Lily said from the next room, "Laugh and you're grounded."

Trying, and failing, to keep a straight face, Harry opened the door and walked into the main lounge of Albion House, each of the males that weren't Harry or Severus wincing when they saw the Potions Master in front of them. He was covering a rather well-imprinted red mark on his cheek, a set of lighter marks indicating that Lily had scratched him with the tips of her nails.

"Remind me never to get that woman really mad at me," Sirius gulped, watching as Harry walked over to Severus, before he shook his head and, turning to his Mother, seemed almost disappointed.

"That's it?" he asked, watching as Lily took a seat opposite her former schoolmate, "All that he put me through and you decide to just give him a right good smack across the mouth?"

"Not so," Severus replied, before he met Harry's eyes and, for the second time, every male, though this time including Harry, gave a groan of sympathetic pain as he saw Severus now sporting a black eye, a similar striking mark on the other side of his face.

"I only let you hear that last one," Lily told her son, smiling when she saw Harry tap into his magic before he healed the marks on Severus' cheeks, the lighter nail-induced scars remaining as if Harry were saying that Severus deserved them. "But it's going to take a long time for you to truly earn my forgiveness Severus: how could you be so blind?"

"I…I don't know," Severus answered, his voice calm as he thanked his student, Harry now sitting with his back to the ornate fireplace, "I just saw red when I saw Harry for the first time; up until I heard that letter, I never knew how you felt Lily. I'm just thankful that your son managed to inherit your sense of giving people another chance, though I do know that I don't deserve them."

"Maybe not," Harry replied, before everyone gasped as a swish of wings echoed through the house and, as most of those still standing ducked their heads, Harry gasped as a slightly larger, yet still beautiful sky-blue-scaled dragon flew over their heads and, using her front talons, seemed to pin herself to Harry's shoulder.

'Iris,' Harry gasped, his mind feeling the warmth and comfort that came from his bonded friend, 'You got bigger.'

'And you got stronger my Harry,' Iris replied; her voice had lost some of the child-like innocence, but it was still as beautiful and musical as it had been the first time Harry had heard her voice. 'I have felt your strength, but why did you not take me with you to the other world?'

'I was worried for you,' Harry replied, now petting the dragon's soft snout, Lily and Severus looking to the once-small creature with eyes of wonder, 'Without your ability to use your burning frost, I feared that you could get hurt. But don't worry, because my friend, the Minister, said that she's managed to allow you to come to the school with me.'

'Then you are forgiven,' Iris told him, 'I love you, my little King.'

'And I you, my radiant Rainbow Goddess.'

As he looked away from Iris' golden eyes, Harry smiled as he added, "She missed me; but yes," he explained, getting back to the matter at hand, "Maybe you didn't deserve the forgiveness and friendship that I offered you Sev, but you were more than willing to swear in the same manner as Sirius that you would do all that you could to help me."

"And I will keep my word," Severus explained, looking now to Lily as he asked, "So, how are you back anyway Lily?"

"In a word," Harry answered, drawing Excalibur from its sheath as he told Severus the truth, "Merlin."

"You met him?" asked Severus, his usually apathetic attitude abandoned for a look of pure shock, "When? Where?"

"When," Harry answered, "My birthday when I opened the Gate and went to Camelot: where? Within the halls where I was crowned King of the Magical Realm of Camelot or, to give it the true name that I learned from Emrys himself: Albion, the very land that this House was named after."

"Merlin's beard!" gasped Severus, earning a laugh from Harry.

"You know, I never will understand that saying thanks to the man: his beard wasn't that impressive: it was like looking at a powerful and, dare I say it, nice Albus Dumbledore," he shrugged as he looked back to Severus, "But if you think that's impressive, then try this: I also learned from him."

"In what sense?" asked Severus.

"Every sense," Hermione replied, before she looked to Harry as she explained, "By the way, Neville and Luna have gone back to Longbottom Manor to speak with Lady Longbottom about where they go from here and Luna wanted to tell her Dad about her becoming a Holy Knight."

"That's fine," Harry nodded, looking back to Severus as he suggested, "Why don't you try using Legilimency on me? I give you permission to do so, or, as I said, to try to do so."

The dark eyes of the Potions Master met the silvery eyes of the Arch-Knight and, as he did, Severus let out a gasp and held his own head in pain, his eyes clamped shut as he gasped, "What…what happened to your mind?"

"Occlumency," Harry explained, "I learned from the best…literally."

"Harry," Severus gasped, "That…" he rubbed at his forehead again, before looking to his student, "That was more than a shield around your mind; it actually felt like…"

"Like you were being struck by lightning?" asked Lily, her face twisted into a smile as she witnessed the change in relations between her once-friend and her son: yes, Severus would take time to earn her forgiveness, but Lily could trust him with Harry for now and that was good enough for her.

"That's right," Severus replied, "How did…"

"Mum was my sparring partner," Harry explained to Severus, "She'd test my shields, both magical and mental and, when I finally managed to close my mind to all but those who share my bonds like Iris and Hermione, she said that it felt like she'd been struck by lightning as well."

"Wow," Dan laughed, looking now to Lily as he added, "Now I understand why you said it was a good thing that I couldn't do things like that."

"How do you mean?" asked Hermione, Harry sharing her curiosity: he wasn't aware of this conversation coming up, but then again, he had been busy with his duties to Camelot's throne.

"Well," Dan explained, looking now to Harry as he seemed to address the young King like the son he'd seen him as, "Your Mum would always talk to Emma and I about the power that grew between you and Hermione and, at one point, I saw you two out in that Garden out the back of Camelot Castle and I let slip that I would have loved to know what you were thinking sometimes."

"Then I told him that he should be thankful that he didn't possess that gift," Lily told Harry, watching as Hermione seemed content to sit next to her betrothed, the Queen of Camelot petting Iris, who decided to move to her shoulders. "Because I'd tried it and it felt like I was being struck by lightning before I was able to pull out; someone as untrained as a Muggle could feel something…well…worse."

"Ouch," laughed Sirius, "Mental note; don't try to read Harry's mind: hope you can remember that as well Snape?"

"Sirius," Harry warned him, "Remember what we said?" He looked back to Severus as he said this, "I don't want teachers at each other's throats, or it may fall to the Heir of the Founders to put you in your place."

"I suppose so," Sirius groaned, "But like I said back in Camelot Harry, it doesn't mean I have to like it."

Surprisingly, including Harry in that, Severus gave a rue shrug as he commented dryly, "I'll bury the hatchet if you will Black, or do you prefer Sirius?"

"Actually," Sirius remarked and Harry couldn't help but notice the smile: it was an opportunity that Sirius couldn't let go, "I'd much sooner you call me Master."

"Only if you call me Master," Harry laughed, watching as Sirius fell to his knees, all of them laughing in agreement as Harry asked, "After all, Lord Black, let's not forget which of us is the King around here!"

"But of course your Highness," Sirius groaned, jokingly bowing to Harry over and over again, "Forgive your bad doggie for his actions against his Majesty; oh bad dog; oh bad, bad dog: put me in the kennel."

"Okay," Lily exclaimed and, before Sirius could move, he found himself chained to a transfigured chair, though the chair was now in the shape of a rickety kennel.

"Lily," groaned Sirius, before he laughed as he added, "I guess I deserved that huh?"

"Yep," chorused Harry and Hermione.

Sirius seemed content to shift into Padfoot, as if keeping with the joke, before he lay down in his kennel and gave Harry the look;

However, the King of Camelot wasn't so easy to cave…

HPHG

Returning to Longbottom Manor was fairly different for Neville now that he had not only regained a small part of his extended family, but also spent time in the one place that most wizards and witches would kill to go to. On top of that, he now had his Soul Bonded as a Holy Knight and was seen, and treated, as a member of nobility rather than the Squib that the students of Hogwarts treated him as.

At his side, Luna seemed to share her boyfriend's sense of worry and angst, though she hid it well by keeping to her mask of being one who had no real cares in the world. When they had said that they were going to return to the Manor, Hermione had allowed Luna to contact her Father, Xenophilius Lovegood, and tell him to meet them at Neville's home because she had an announcement.

Moving through the marble-decorated main hall of Longbottom Manor, Luna suddenly stopped dead, her eyes narrowed with a mix of pain and bewilderment; looking to her boyfriend, she whispered, "Neville, the air has shifted; something's wrong."

"I felt it too love," Neville replied, his arm instinctively snaking around Luna's waist as he held her, "I sense more than two heat signatures in here and, other than my House Elves, there's one that I don't recognise."

"I do," Luna told him, her eyes on his as she explained, "I feel your senses through our soul bond; Minerva explained it to me in the other realm: as the Knight of Sky, I can sense changes in the air and use them to identify a presence or a trap; it's also the reason that I can sense Ethereals, but Minerva told me that she'd help me harness that power next summer. Plus, like Harry, I can control the four winds and the power of the weather and hold a communication with the creatures of the sky."

"And your sense is telling you of the other that's here," Neville finished for her, before his own eyes darkened as he asked, "Should we call Harry? With Excalibur, he'll be able to…"

"You still have Lancelot don't you?" asked Luna, watching as her answer was given by her boyfriend revealing said magical weapon; as she stared at it, Luna smiled before she told him, "You have nothing to worry about Neville; I feel Harry's magic in your blade, though it makes sense given he is your blood-brother."

"I suppose you're right Luna," Neville sighed, before he looked to her as he asked, "By the way: you never told me the name of your weapon."

"I didn't name my blade yet," Luna told him, "You, Harry and Hermione bear burnished weapons and they deserve names; for all of us to do the same makes it kind of silly."

"But you're my soul mate," Neville argued, "You share in my power, so you should name yours too."

"Let's worry about that later," Luna advised him, placing a soft kiss against Neville's lips as she looked into his eyes, "Let's deal with the trouble ahead of us first."

"If you say so Luna," Neville smiled, knowing now why it was that Harry took his betrothed's advice to heart; not because the women of their relationship were always right, but because their advice and assurances gave Harry and Neville the means to be strong for their sakes. Lowering Lancelot to his side, though keeping a strong grip on the hilt and pommel, Neville approached the familiar kitchen where he loved to study and, as he neared the door, he and Luna stopped dead as they heard Harry's name being mentioned by the last person they wanted to see at the moment.

"Lady Longbottom, surely you can understand that Harry's influence over your grandson is affecting his education."

"I would have to disagree Albus," argued Augusta Longbottom, her voice making Neville smile as he realised that she wasn't caving to the manipulative old bastard and his ways to get Harry back to the weak boy he once was. "I have never seen my Neville so strong-willed and ready to defend his friends; do you know he was the one to stop Harry killing that Weasley boy last year?"

"I…was made aware of it yes," Dumbledore replied, his voice making the fires in Neville burn brighter as the Knight of Fire tried to keep his emotions in check. "But please, for your grandson's sake, get him away from Harry and allow my specialist training to guide him to…"

"No Albus," Lady Longbottom snapped, "I won't stop my Neville being friends with the boy who, in all but blood terms, is Harry's brother and new best friend; I know why you want him away from Neville: so idiots like that Weasley boy can try and worm their way back into Harry's good graces; well it won't work. Now, as Lady of the House, I ask you, I order you: leave!"

"Augusta…"

"Headmaster," Neville couldn't remain silent; stepping into the kitchen, he lifted Lancelot and held it before the Headmaster, "My Gran has asked you and now I ask you: leave our home: my friendship with Harry will remain and there's nothing you can do to change it. Who he makes friends with and how he spends his time is his business and not yours: now, leave our home before I am forced to expel you from my Family House by force."

Dumbledore, seeing the fire and strength in the eyes of the Longbottom Heir, not to mention the clearly magical weapon in his hand, was forced to admit defeat, and he hated it; inclining his head, Dumbledore left the Manor, his mind already making plans to use Neville to get to Harry.

Such a shame that it wouldn't work;

Back in the kitchen, Neville lifted his voice before he called, "Dobby!"

In a crack, Dobby appeared and bowed his head to Neville as he asked, "You called me Neville?"

"Go to Harry," Neville told him, "Tell him Dumbledore's been here but Luna, my Gran and I are all right; then ask him if we can all spend the remainder of the summer together either here or at Albion House."

"Yes Neville," Dobby replied, vanishing with another crack before Neville looked to his Gran as he gave her his best smile.

"Gran," he said solemnly, "We've got some catching up to do and there are things you need to know."

HPHG

"I see; thank you Dobby: go back to Neville and tell him that we'll be spending the rest of the summer here."

When Dobby vanished, Harry waited three seconds before he cursed loudly and, thankfully for him, in Parseltongue so that his Mother couldn't understand him; when he was done, he heaved a sigh and looked to the small company in his living room before speaking. "Dumbledore's trying to use any means necessary to get to me; it's clear he thinks he can still rule my life, but, thankfully, it seems that Neville is ten steps ahead of him and two steps behind me."

"He must get that from Frank," Lily suggested, smiling when she saw her son leaning against the ornate fireplace of their home, Excalibur shining dimly in the evening light as he seemed to lose himself in his thoughts. "You've made a good friend there Harry and I'm glad you two became blood-siblings; I know for a fact that everything that Neville was told by Augusta was true and she won't want for nothing where her grandson is concerned."

Seated in her own chair, Hermione looked across at Lily as she asked, "Is it true that Neville was the only one who could keep Harry happy when they were younger?"

"Not so much happy," Lily answered, "But because they were practically twins, they only seemed to be comfortable, not to mention able to get down for a nap in the afternoons, when the other was around. Then there were the times that Harry used magic or became ill or upset; Neville's presence and his smile was the only thing that had my little one smiling through whatever pain he suffered."

"He was the only one that could stop me," Harry laughed, his silver eye shining in the light of the flames from the fireplace as he recalled how that had been the case when Ron had first insulted Hermione: Neville was the only one that could help.

"Exactly," Lily nodded, watching as Harry appeared to be lost in memories of the past; taking a leap of faith, she asked, "He has done so again, hasn't he?"

"Long time ago," Harry told her, "Back when I was in the dark about my being a Holy Knight, sorry, make that the Arch-Knight, but never mind that: I need to protect him and his family because, thanks to my blood bond with him, they're also my family."

"That's true," Hermione nodded, now watching as Harry appeared to lose himself again, a look of cold indecision lost in his eyes as she spoke, "But we also need to know why Dumbledore's doing this: he already knows that he's under investigation by Amelia and the Ministry for the role he played in Molly's actions against us and…"

"And that's why he's doing this," Harry finished for her, now turning away from the flames as he addressed the matter, "With Molly shovelling shit and Ronniekins as my House Slave, Dumbledore's lost his pieces of the game of chess that he's been content to play where my life and happiness have been concerned. So, with my return to Hogwarts, under the watchful eyes of my new Defence Teacher and History Teacher, not to mention the Order and my extended family, Dumbledore sees himself needing new pieces of the puzzle."

"And if Artemis' warning is anything to go by," Lily added, "Then we all need to be on our guard: whatever tasks will be involved with this year's events, we'll need to be ready."

"We will be," Harry told her, before he lifted his head, a low magical hum coming from Excalibur's blade as he added, "Excuse me; my wards have just informed me that Lady Longbottom is at the door; I'll add her to the wards so that she can come and go as she pleases."

As he left to perform his task, Hermione chuckled before, looking to Lily, she asked, "How do you think she'll take you being alive?"

"Neville may have already told her," Lily answered her, "But if he didn't and she faints, then you'll forgive me if I laugh: Augusta is a tough old bird and someone that watches out for those who mean the world to her."

"How very true," the elderly voice of Lady Longbottom replied, Harry now returning to the room with her, Neville, Luna and the mysterious Joseph-Coat-wearing figure of Xenophilius Lovegood – Luna introduced them – as she added, "Lily dear; it's so nice to see you back among those who need you: Lord Potter…"

"Harry, please Lady Longbottom," Harry requested, before he inclined his head to Xenophilius as he added, "And the same to you Lord Lovegood."

"I prefer Xeno, Mr Potter," Mr Lovegood told him; he had a mystical voice that seemed to hold the same unconfirmed innocence as his daughter.

"And, because of your bond with my Neville, you may call me Gran," Augusta told him, Neville and Luna now joining their younger extended family on the chairs as the adults made themselves scarce, possibly to talk about old times and new.

"What did he want?" asked Harry, using his magical senses to check the two Knights over; when they didn't react to his scans, and Excalibur's blade remained silver throughout it all, Harry pulled away and smiled.

"He wanted Gran to split us up," Neville told him, "He didn't sound desperate Harry, but then again we are dealing with a Master of the Mind Games; he said that you were a bad influence on me."

"Bull," Harry laughed, "If anything Neville, ever since our first reconciliation in the Gryffindor Common Room, I've helped you come out of your shell."

"I know," Neville smiled, "And so does Gran; she's proud to call you her extended family and think of you as her grandson: she said it's nice that we're back together as the family that we had when we were kids."

"Mum was telling me about those times," Harry laughed, "I find it hard to believe how close we were and yet how far apart we became when we met in our first year."

"Yeah," Neville sighed, before his face became stern as he added, "Well we know who we can thank for that, don't we Harry?"

"Indeed we do brother," Harry replied, now joining his friends and family as he added, "Indeed we do."

HPHG

While Harry, Luna, Hermione, Neville, Xeno, Augusta and Lily were talking about old times and new, upstairs, in the library of Albion House, a different kind of meeting was going on between Sirius, Remus, Dan, Emma and the Order.

"So we're in agreement," Dan remarked, "This year is going to change everything for my honorary son and daughter and you will be there to help them through it."

"We were always there for them before," Sebastian explained, "I even called Harry Lord at one point, but stopped that when he explained that he saw us as family: rest assured Dan, I won't fail them again."

"Good," Dan sighed, his eyes locked onto the head of the Order as he explained, "Because if I hear that Harry has been unable to protect my daughter again, then I'll make damn well sure that you're the one who feels my fists and not that innocent young man downstairs."

"Dan," Sirius reminded him, "Aside from Seba and the Order, Harry also has Professors Black, Lupin and Potter watching his back, not to mention Minerva and Severus, which makes up at least half the faculty and his friends and allies in the Houses. It may be my imagination, but something actually tells me that even Malfoy won't try anything this year: his Father appears to hold high respects towards Harry and so, if he tries anything, then anything Harry does in comeback will be perfectly legit."

"You may be right there Sirius," Dante commented, looking to his brothers-in-arms as he explained, "But remember that danger can come from anywhere: I mean, look at last year if you want evidence: a hexed Boggart, Dementors, a werewolf…" Remus lowered his head as he said this, "And, on top of all that, Harry had a hard time getting over how he had failed Hermione when he'd nearly lost her to the Weasel and the Ferret."

"He still worries about that?" asked Emma, looking to Felicia and Elora, both of whom seemed to share her shock at this revelation, "How? I thought he was able to overcome those fears thanks to his friends?"

"That's what we thought as well," Tyler commented, putting his own two cents into this as he explained, "But we could see it in his eyes: I spoke to him before any of the physical stuff happened last winter and, when I did, he didn't even turn to me once, not even to acknowledge me. Or at least, he didn't until the very end of the conversation and, even then, he tried hiding it behind an air of childish excitement and care for those closest to him."

"And…" Dan asked, though he hesitated before he finished the question, "What about…after the event Tyler?"

"We pretty much stayed out of the way for most of the holiday," Tyler commented, a part of him now aware that they were all listening to what he had to say, "But after he gave us the swords as a gift and dealt with Dumbledore, there was one time that I'll never forget, for two reasons."

"Two?" asked Sebastian, watching as Tyler's cheeks seemed to become flushed with embarrassment.

"Yes sir," he answered, "One for Harry's sake and one for…well, for the first time I thought of Tonks as my girlfriend…"

Flashback

Tyler wandered back towards Godric's Wing, his mind a whirlwind of wonder and strength as to how quickly Harry was changing; ever since he and Hermione had dealt with the Weasel problem by having Godric send him to Slytherin, his liege-lord appeared to be shown in a whole new light. His studies were progressing, his powers were growing and, with the exception of Sebastian, the others were starting to see him as less of their Lord and more of their friend.

Giving the password to enter the Wing, Tyler began to walk towards the stairway that led to his chambers when a soft sniffling sound had him doubling back, his eyes focused on the door that led through to the relaxing lounge where the Holy Knights would gather on many an evening. Though he knew that Harry saw them as his friends, Tyler also felt that it was wrong to eavesdrop on his lord's troubles; yet, from the sound of the sniffling that came from the room, Tyler found his friendship and kinship for the young Knight overpowering the Code of the Order: Honour, Loyalty, Truth, Unity.

Creeping to the door, Tyler found it slightly ajar so, peering through the gap in the door, the young warrior felt his heart tear in two as to what he saw: Harry was curled up on one of the couches, his hands trembling, the air filled with the scent and feeling of ozone that came with summoning a storm, yet the room itself bore no signs of elemental damage. As Tyler remained there, he then heard the voice of his Lord speaking and, when he did, Tyler vowed never to repeat this unless he thought it necessary.

"I failed her," Harry whimpered, "I'm sorry Hermione; I tried and I failed; Dad was right, I let him down; I let everyone down, but I pray that my weakness does not rise up again. I can never allow myself to be distracted; Hermione must come first so that I don't fail her; I failed her, but I will not let my fear come to life."

As he stepped back, Tyler turned on his heel and ran towards his room, his own hands trembling as he thought about what he had heard: Harry, the strong, undefeatable warrior that he was, had thought himself weak because of how he had reacted to what Tyler and the Order now referred to as the event. He wasn't weak for that; the fact that he felt so protective and was willing to bend the laws that governed his world to save the one he loved just made him the powerful, noble soul that Tyler knew as his friend.

"It's rude to eavesdrop you know?" asked an amused voice, Tyler looking up into the eyes of Nymphadora Tonks as she smiled at him, "Is he all right?"

"I don't know Tonks," Tyler replied, watching as the shape-shifter took a seat next to him, her arm around him as she tried to comfort him, "I just don't know."

End Flashback

"And what happened after that?" asked Sebastian, his tone indicating that he had not been aware of the meeting or the breach in the Code.

"If you mean with Harry," Tyler answered, "He became stronger and let his emotions tie him to his friends and family; I don't think he's had a real chance to talk about what happened other than references to the event. I mean, you saw him Dan, he felt destroyed for what he had let happen, but he needed to hear the words of his friends before he allowed himself to feel anything."

"And now Lily's back," Remus added, "A son can always talk to their Mother about anything that's bothering them, but Harry, because of this promise he made himself, doesn't want anyone to bear the burden but him."

"And we can't force him," Sirius added, looking to Tyler as he asked, "But what happened with that cousin of mine?"

"I…I got upset," Tyler explained, "She comforted me and, at the end of it, we accidentally shared a kiss; I was embarrassed because I didn't know what would happen but…"

"But now Harry and Sirius have let you take it further," Elora smiled, "And we agree with that; there's no rule for the Order saying that you can't feel love or affection towards others."

"Back to the matter at hand," Dan pointed out, "How do we get Harry to open up?"

"We don't," Remus explained, "We let him deal with it himself and hope that, not too soon, but we hope that he can find someone to confide in and let everything out, before someone gets hurt."

'Or before it's too late,' Emma thought to herself, watching as the others began to disperse, the words of her Father coming back to her once again;

If you ever meet the blackness Emi; don't let it consume you as it will leave your heart as cold as death itself and love, family and respect: all these things will go out the window.

HPHG

It seemed to take a lot longer than it should have done, but, eventually, Harry and the band of brothers and sisters known as the Holy Knights finally awoke on the morning of September First, Harry fully aware of everything that was to come with the day ahead. He wondered how many would scream, how many would faint and how many would question what had happened thirteen years ago when they saw Professor Lily Potter joining the Hogwarts staff. Above all, Harry wondered how long it would take for Professor Dumbledore to interfere in his life and try to use his Mother or his godfather to get to him and deal with the events of the year that was to come.

'I won't let him,' Harry thought, watching as each of the adults – Sirius, Remus, Lily and the Order – escorted one of the students to King's Cross by Apparition, much to Harry's chagrin. 'I won't let anyone take my family from me again; I'll sooner let them kill me before that happens.'

Boarding the Hogwarts Express, Sirius, Remus and Lily seemed to repeat the journey from the previous year as they joined the students on the train, Lily once again disguised by the cloak that she wore until they reached Hogwarts. For the first time in four years, Harry also managed to have an uneventful train ride, though, as the train pulled into Hogsmeade Station, the wraiths of fatigue and sleep starting to plague Harry's mind, the Arch-Knight had the distinct impression that there was something off here.

Moving with the students up to the school, a typical Scottish autumn storm drenching the students as they made their way to the school, Harry kept his mental defences on full alert, his hand moving every now and again to the scabbard at his belt where Excalibur was stored, his eyes scanning the storm-ridden scene as he tried to figure out what it was that was bothering him so much. Even when the carriage reached the school and most of the students went to get warm in the Great Hall, though most of them were now wary of Sirius, Remus and Harry as they passed them, the young Gryffindor slowly walked to their table and, as he sat down, he saw it.

Over on the Slytherin Table, aside from the usual fourth-years present such as Malfoy, Crabbe, Goyle, Parkinson and Greengrass, Harry noticed one seat and one name that was missing from the list.

Ronald Weasley, Harry's House Slave and number one with a bullet on his hit list, was not among the Slytherins;

As the Sorting got underway, Harry began to wonder what could have happened, whether or not his less-than-obedient servant was indeed in any danger; surely the House magic would have warned him as it had done so many times before, wouldn't it?

When the Sorting reached its end, Harry's day only being made worse when Colin Creevey, his personal Paparazzi, announced his brother to the House and tried to introduce Harry to the boy, the young wizard watched as Dumbledore got to his feet, his eyes on the hall as he began to speak.

"Before we become overcome with ecstasy with our scrumptious feast, I have a few start-of-term notices and an announcement to make: Mr. Filch, the caretaker, has asked me to tell you that the list of objects forbidden inside the castle has this year been extended to include Screaming Yo-yos, Fanged Frisbees, and Ever-Bashing Boomerangs. The full list comprises some four hundred and thirty-seven items, I believe, and can be viewed in Mr. Filch's office, if anybody would like to check it. As ever, I would like to remind you all that the forest on the grounds is out-of-bounds to students, as is the village of Hogsmeade to all below third year. It is also my painful duty to inform you that the Inter-House Quidditch Cup will not take place this year."

"What?" Harry gasped; though he did not play the game any longer, he did still enjoy watching the matches. He looked around at Fred and George, his once-fellow members of the Quidditch team. They were mouthing soundlessly at Dumbledore, apparently too appalled to speak. Dumbledore went on, "This is due to an event that will be starting in October, and continuing throughout the school year, taking up much of the teachers' time and energy - but I am sure you will all enjoy it immensely. I have great pleasure in announcing that this year at Hogwarts; we are to have the honour of hosting a very exciting event over the coming months, an event that has not been held for over a century. It is my very great pleasure to inform you that the Triwizard Tournament will be taking place at Hogwarts this year."

"You're JOKING!" said Fred Weasley loudly.

Nearly everyone laughed, and Dumbledore chuckled appreciatively.

"I am not joking, Mr. Weasley," he said, "though now that you mention it, I did hear an excellent one over the summer about a troll, a hag, and a leprechaun who all go into a bar."

Professor McGonagall cleared her throat loudly.

"Er - but maybe this is not the time...no..." said Dumbledore, "where was I? Ah yes, the Triwizard Tournament...well, some of you will not know what this tournament involves, so I hope those who do know will forgive me for giving a short explanation, and allow their attention to wander freely. The Triwizard Tournament was first established some seven hundred years ago as a friendly competition between the three largest European schools of wizardry: Hogwarts, Beauxbatons, and Durmstrang. A champion was selected to represent each school, and the three champions competed in three magical tasks. The schools took it in turns to host the tournament once every five years, and it was generally agreed to be a most excellent way of establishing ties between young witches and wizards of different nationalities - until, that is, the death toll mounted so high that the tournament was discontinued."

"Death toll?" Hermione whispered, looking alarmed. But her anxiety did not seem to be shared by the majority of students in the Hall; many of them were whispering excitedly to one another, and Harry himself was far more interested in hearing about the tournament than in worrying about deaths that had happened hundreds of years ago.

"There have been several attempts over the centuries to reinstate the tournament," Dumbledore continued, "none of which has been very successful. However, our own departments of International Magical Cooperation and Magical Games and Sports have decided the time is ripe for another attempt. We have worked hard over the summer to ensure that this time, no champion will find himself or herself in mortal danger. The heads of Beauxbatons and Durmstrang will be arriving with their short-listed contenders in October, and the selection of the three champions will take place at Halloween. An impartial judge will decide which students are most worthy to compete for the Triwizard Cup, the glory of their school, and a thousand Galleons personal prize money."

"I'm going for it!" Fred Weasley hissed down the table, his face lit with enthusiasm at the prospect of such glory and riches. He was not the only person who seemed to be visualizing himself as the Hogwarts champion. At every House table, Harry could see people either gazing raptly at Dumbledore, or else whispering fervently to their neighbours. But then Dumbledore spoke again, and the Hall quieted once more.

"Eager though I know all of you will be to bring the Triwizard Cup to Hogwarts," he said, "the heads of the participating schools, along with the Ministry of Magic, have agreed to impose an age restriction on contenders this year. Only students who are of age - that is to say, seventeen years or older - will be allowed to put forward their names for consideration. This -" Dumbledore raised his voice slightly, for several people had made noises of outrage at these words, and the Weasley twins were suddenly looking furious - "is a measure we feel is necessary, given that the tournament tasks will still be difficult and dangerous, whatever precautions we take, and it is highly unlikely that students below sixth and seventh year will be able to cope with them. I will personally be ensuring that no underage student hoodwinks our impartial judge into making them Hogwarts champion." His light blue eyes twinkled as they flickered over Fred's and George's mutinous faces. "I therefore beg you not to waste your time submitting yourself if you are under seventeen. The delegations from Beauxbatons and Durmstrang will be arriving in October and remaining with us for the greater part of this year. I know that you will all extend every courtesy to our foreign guests while they are with us, and will give your whole-hearted support to the Hogwarts champion when he or she is selected."

He seemed to pause for emphasis, the school listening with rapt attention as he continued, "Now, with that done, I think it's only fair to announce that, for the first time in Hogwarts history, we have three new teachers at school this year." Another pause, though Harry did well to ignore the twinkling blue glare that was shot in his direction as the master manipulator spoke up. "First, I have the pleasure of welcoming back Professor Remus Lupin, who has been graciously assigned by the Minister of Magic to replace our recently-departed Professor Binns as History of Magic tutor."

'Recently departed my arse,' Harry commented mentally, Hermione giving him a light tap on the arm for his language, 'About time that old fool opened his eyes and saw the real light.'

'Just wait Sparky,' Hermione reasoned, 'The fun part's about to begin.'

"Next," Dumbledore continued, "Allow me to introduce a man whom many of you may remember: Professor Sirius Black, recently acquitted and once again recommended by the Minister to take the post of Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher; I ask that you do not judge him on past transgressions and give him the same respect that all teachers deserve."

'Why do I get the feeling that he wanted to ask them to give Sirius the respect they felt he deserved, which in his case, would be none?' asked Harry, though this time there was no response.

Dumbledore sent another glare in Harry's direction as he added, "Now, to announce the final member of our faculty, I ask Professor Flitwick to do the honours."

'Good choice,' Hermione sent Harry, 'Filius respects Lily so much that he won't allow Dumbledore to interfere; you did well in making sure of that.'

'Here it comes,' Harry returned, his amusement on full display as he saw the goblin-blooded professor take the centre of the room, his voice amplified by a Sonorous as he spoke.

"My fellow students and learners of the art; at the request of Minister Bones and an anonymous benefactor – Harry caught Flitwick glancing in his direction as he said this – it is my pleasure to introduce the new Professor of Advanced Charmcasting."

He clapped his hands twice and every head in the room turned to the door of the Great Hall where a white-cloaked figure stepped in, Harry fully aware of the mists that meant the Void was at work here; the cloak, the obscuring hood and the atmosphere of awe and wonder were all arts of AC that had most of the students gasping while those without the talent, such as Malfoy, saw only a white-hooded figure who approached and bowed before Flitwick.

"Welcome to Hogwarts Professor," Flitwick replied, Harry trying his hardest not to laugh as the Charms and Illusions were disbanded back to the Void, "Can you tell us all your name and introduce us to our new colleague and teacher?"

"Certainly Master Filius," a sweet voice replied and Harry's mask of apathy nearly fell as Flitwick's face paled with shock, the new professor turning and, lifting a female hand, lowered her hood, causing most of the students to scream in shock while a gasp of bewilderment spread among each of the students.

"Hello young witches and wizards," the new Professor exclaimed, "Professor Lily Potter; it's a pleasure to meet all of you."

Silence filled the hall, but Lily, seeing her son watching her, smiled and, turning back to her mentor, told him, "If you'll excuse me Professor, I think I'll get to know my future students and sit with them for today; Headmaster, if you would?"

Dumbledore tried to speak…and failed, prompting Professor McGonagall to be the one to say it, "Tuck in!"

However, even as the feast got underway, the shock and awe of the students still on the returning Lily Potter, one raven-haired wizard's thoughts, shock and fear were evident for another reason.

'The Triwizard Tournament,' Harry thought, 'Three schools: the time of the Three; Artemis prophecy was talking about the events of this year, but what could that have to do with me and, if it does, how will the Tournament be changed with the coming of the Fourth?'

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

7.8K 87 14
Hermione and Luna find themselves attracted to each other. They fear the support from their friends and family. With everything going on, it's hard f...
4K 95 19
This is a Harmony/Harmione story. It'll be all one book so that you don't need to go and look at my profile. Updates won't be too frequent, but I'll...
1.8K 63 13
Harry and Hermione were in love and swore that nothing could ever tear them apart. But something did. Can they rekindle their love and forgive each o...
194 10 1
Written by Yunaine on fanfiction.net When a few inappropriate questions derail the meeting at the Hog's Head, Harry lets the situation play out. Even...