The storm and the sword

'Merry Christmas Harry,' she whispered mentally, their peace undisturbed as the two Holy Knights remained there for quite some time, taking in everything that they had gained;

And remembering everything that they had lost…

Chapter 18: The Storm and The Sword

When Dan and Emma heard about Harry's gift to Hermione, Dan had to actually move aside when his wife wrapped Harry in a warm, loving embrace, Hermione smiling sadly as she stood with her Father, all the while explaining about the power displayed by the Holy Knight of Thunder. They had remained in the graveyard for a few more minutes before a Christmas snowfall had begun to drift across the village, prompting a cold and wet Harry and Hermione to return to the warmth of Albion House. Once they were safely warm and dry, Harry had reached out with his magic and cancelled the white rose decorations around his home, but kept the ones that now adorned his parents' gravestones.

"He misses them," Hermione explained to Dan, watching as Sirius shared in the awe as to the power of his godson, "It was a well thought-out gift and must have taken him ages to practice."

"Well," Dan explained, "Before we came here, Harry did say that his powers had excelled thanks to that ritual that you and he performed; it doesn't really surprise me that he finds it easy to use such complex magic."

"I know," Hermione sighed, before she stepped forwards, the small crowd of well-wishers allowing her access to her boyfriend, "But that's what I love about you Harry James Potter."

Taking Hermione in his arms, Harry placed a light kiss on her lips before she put her arms around his neck and seemed to force him to stay there, locked in her embrace for a while, Sirius nodding towards the kitchen, leaving the two Knights to pick up where they had left off in the graveyard.

HPHG

Professor McGonagall arrived at the entrance to the house at midday, Harry adding her to the wards with help from Excalibur, before he talked about the magic he had performed earlier that day. When Minerva gave him a sceptical look, Harry sighed before he called on Dobby and asked for him to provide a Pensieve. Showing his Head of House those memories, Harry felt a strong wave of elation and freedom from simply watching what he had already experienced: it was almost as if his demons of the past had finally been laid to rest.

Christmas dinner was a hearty affair: Dan, Sirius and Remus were all deep in conversation with regards to Harry's ever-growing power levels; Emma, Minerva and Amelia were discussing where things went from here for the young man that now sat at the head of the table, said teenager sharing a glass of ice-cold drink with his girlfriend, Sebastian and the Order around them, the commander still in shock as to the memories they had seen. His Lord's power was growing each and every day and, when the time came for Harry to take his place at the head of the Holy Knight's Circle within the magical lands of Camelot…Sebastian actually shivered when he thought about it.

"His strength is growing," Elora commented, her voice low so that she did not disturb the atmosphere around the table, "And as long as he has Hermione at his side, he will show a lot more strength in the trials that are to come."

"Those two complete one another," Dante agreed, "Harry makes Hermione feel strong and loved and Hermione makes Harry feel safe, calm and like the proud young man that he is. The Boy-Who-Lived doesn't exist here: he's all Harry and he's all hers."

"Such is the strength of his resolve," Sebastian remarked, looking to his team, "The time may be coming where we won't need to escort our L…Harry and Hermione all over the place anymore."

"What do we do when that time comes?" asked Tyler, his own gaze not on his Lord and Lady, but the spot in front of him, as if he were staring off into space.